Black Oud (2011) Extrait de Parfum

Black Oud (Extrait de Parfum) by LM Parfums

Black Oud (Extrait de Parfum) is a popular perfume by LM Parfums for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCumin, Nutmeg, Frankincense
Heart Notes Heart NotesLabdanum, Oud
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Castoreum, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Cedar, Civet

Submitted by PontNeuf, last update on 27.04.2019

9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Oetzi
The decent brother of the black afghan
After I tested the Layton Exsclusif as a modern oud scent, I went to my old carton with bottlings to smell this scent again.
Immediately after spraying on I was gripped by nostalgia: I can still remember well how I first got to know this fragrance. It was the time when Nasomatto at Parfumo was very high in the charts and of course I had to test the black Afghan.

Cannabis in a perfume? Oud? What's oud?
I was completely fascinated: I've never smelled anything so unusual in my whole life. For me this was a fragrance composition, which I did not consider possible up to this Zetpunkt: Herbaceous, dirty, sweet and seductive at the same time.

So... then I was grabbed. The oud fever. And that's how I came across Black Oud. Oh, yeah... the scent's got it in it! I never liked going to church, but I've always liked the smell of incense. The incense note runs over the entire fragrance and is supported by an incredibly beautiful spicy sweetness. In contrast to Black Afgano there are no herbaceous undertones here. Black Oud is the decent brother of the Afghan who goes to church every Sunday. For me this fragrance is a masterpiece and even after years there is no more beautiful and sweet oud incense fragrance in my eyes.
The durability and the sillage are outstanding.

Why didn't I buy it or wear it regularly?

Unfortunately, I have to bitterly state that incense in a perfume does not please many people. The scent is (perhaps with the exception of a church visit) rather inappropriate and could be too penetrating for some.
I spray myself nevertheless gladly at home with it and become also without Cannabis "high" of this smell.
A dream in black!
7.0 5.0 5.0 8.0/10

Introverted Oud
Scentrack: Hooverphonic - Mad About You

Probably the nicest oud I have ever tried. A real dark, Oriental beauty... Spices, a touch of incense, sour oud, dark wood, animal excretes, warm amber. So dark, animalic, deep and beautiful. The smell of the Gothic dark forest in midnight and the the traveler under the black hood. A romantic darkness of the heart.
Unfortunately the projection is the big downside of this scent regarding the price. An extremely shy scent. Such a pity.

Rating; 8/10
4.0 7.0 8.0 4.5/10

Dark balsamic - dry resinous - animalic
The strategy of replicating renown without hesitation has become ethic of contemporary perfume trend. God bless Alessandro Gualtieri for opening a path mediocre noses could not even imagine. Yes, Black Oud is just another tribute to Black Afgano (probably made by Sonia Constant again) and nothing new to it. Interesting part is the only favor this replicators do is more volume of liquid in return to the same price. I'm not a fan of BA but if want to pick, I pick BA not these losers.
2/5
5.0 10.0 10.0 8.0/10

Occupation
First test: on paper. Smelling good, OK, deciding, that I will try it later on my wrist. Forgetting about the test paper. Leaving it on the desk in the next room. After two hours I had to enter in the room. It is the biggest one in my flat, the airspace is quite big. I told to my sister, that her perfume is perfect. She told, that she is not wearing anything (yes, it happens once in a year). Then I was playing dog and searching the source of the amazing smell till I found the paper. One small drop and you have an air freshener for the next 2 days.

Scent and longevity is almost the same on human skin. 13 hours after donning it - and it is still strong (much stronger than OPIUM of YSL on my other wrist, donned 5 hours ago). Unfortunately range is only 2-3 meters after 6 hours, so I could not give 120% for sillage, only 100%.

About the fragrance: it is true oud. Woody and balmy notes rules the beginning, it has a dark, powdery, hot oriental aroma, it is drying very fast. Spices are perfectly supporting the torridity of BLACK OUD, you smell them somewhere behind your nose, almost in your throat. Even is oud is listed as heart note, it pervades the whole life of the perfume. This oud is natural, royal, a bit smoky and less masculine than in BLACK AFGANO.

Since the scent is quite similar on paper and on skin, if you do not like it on the test paper, do not blow it on your skin.

Many thanks to Oloroso for the sample!!!

by Ergreifend
by Ergreifend
by AnnaBar
by AnnaBar
by Mustafa
by Mustafa

Popular LM Parfums

Black Oud (Extrait de Parfum) by LM Parfums Chemise Blanche by LM Parfums Sensual Orchid (Extrait de Parfum) by LM Parfums Ambre Muscadin by LM Parfums Patchouly Bohème by LM Parfums Vol d'Hirondelle by LM Parfums Hard Leather by LM Parfums Noir Gabardine by LM Parfums Army of Lovers by LM Parfums Ultimate Seduction by LM Parfums Malefic Tattoo by LM Parfums Sine Die by LM Parfums Cicatrices by LM Parfums Sensual & Decadent by LM Parfums Scandinavian Crime / Unique Russia (Extrait de Parfum) by LM Parfums Aldhèyx by LM Parfums Épine Mortelle by LM Parfums O des Soupirs by LM Parfums Kingdom of Dreams by LM Parfums Veleno Doré by LM Parfums