Veleno Doré (2017)

Veleno Doré by LM Parfums

Veleno Doré is a popular perfume by LM Parfums for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is still in production.

Richard Ibanez

Top Notes Top NotesRum, Nutmeg, Chili
Heart Notes Heart NotesTobacco, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Amber, Black cherry

Submitted by Michael, last update on 21.03.2019

7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Flow Gently, Sweet Afton
Veleno Doré came to me as a sample from a very generous donor, otherwise I would never have tried the fragrance, because it doesn't really fit into my baggage scheme. But I would have missed - even if the "golden poison", a hybrid Italian-French naming - a highly interesting fragrance experience, even if the mixture will not go on my wish list.

In my opinion we have here first of all a black cherry scent in front of our noses. This black cherry dominates all fragrance phases. We shouldn't imagine extremely sour pickled sour cherries that make us crumple our faces, but it's nice dark, round, fruity, juicy and yes, a little sour. I'm usually anything but a friend of fruit notes in fragrances, but here I like that very much.

The dominant cherry prevents the sometimes quite dark and mysterious scent (which, by the way, is also very solid and impressive in value) from venturing all too far into the wicked-exciting or dangerously repulsive. She's kind of grounding the scent: As soon as one has too abysmal associations with the scent, the image of a delicious cherry cake or a cheerfully chewing child with smudged cheeks is pushed in between.

The second fragrance, which is very dominant for me, but in a very special way in the first 1-2 hours, is tobacco. I mean here to perceive quite clearly the striking, todays-satty, bright, a little moist smell of Virginia tobacco, mainly that of fresh tobacco when opening a pack of filterless cigarettes, but sometimes also a brandy, smoky note (which could also come from rum)
Many years ago, when I still smoked, I used to love the English filterless Virginias of the brand "Sweet Afton" very much. The very smell of it came to mind with Veleno Doré. By the way, the packaging of these cigarettes (both the tin cans and the wide cardboard packaging) were, at that time, still without the horror pictures and warnings that were certainly justified from the point of view of health policy; one can still google their images, just as a work of art as the smoking goods themselves: On them was a portrait of the Scottish poet Robert Burns, a lovely river landscape and a few lines from a poem by Burns on the river Afton: "Flow Gently, sweet Afton among thy green braes, flow gently, I'll sing thee a song in thy praise"
Black cherry virginia cigarette, which results in a highly original and certainly rare basic structure for this fragrance, at least for its first hours.

The fragrance pyramid shown here is largely plausible for me, whereby I do not feel any chili sharpness and assume that this note has only been used in very small doses to round it off. As I said before, the heart tobacco and the basic cherry bang into my nose from the very first second. I read "head", "heart" and "base" more like the soprano, alto and bass voice of this fragrance.

For me, Veleno Doré belongs to the category of oscillating fragrances. It is not linear, but there is also no clear development of fragrance in a clear direction. It's a bit like a puzzle game, an impression that seemed to have disappeared suddenly reappears. Here is an excerpt from my progress notes:

2. Hour: Steady and homogenizing. Ambry deep freshness. Benzoe? Suddenly bitter and a little dirty chocolate note that wasn't there before. Pat school sweetie. Tobacco now less.

3. Hour: Cherry Coke. Velvety. Vanilla!!! Patchouli!

4. Hour: Again very dark, smoky!!!

5. Hour: Vanilla. Very round, very smooth, very soft. When tracing again quite clear tobacco.

Now the scent accompanies me already for the eighth hour and, although it has become quite close, still holds out bravely. Since about two hours he reminds me enormously of the wonderful base of one of my favourite fragrances, "Opium pour Homme EdT", which according to the pyramid doesn't have what it takes to become a twin, but at least also gets dark fruit (there: black currant) and vanilla.

Conclusion: An extremely original, thoroughly appealing, quite extravagant, in moderation wicked (also in the old sense of the word, namely "smoky"), autumn-winter scent, which begins as a black cherry-virginia tobacco dual tone and at the end arouses spicy oriental opium reminiscences. Good durability. More for the evening than the office. More feminine, but also wearable by men

JoaoMartins 31 days ago
The cherry note is too strong and weird in the opening. Not bad but it kinda feels a bit chemical
5.0

by HouseOfNiche
by HouseOfNiche

Popular LM Parfums

Black Oud (Extrait de Parfum) by LM Parfums Chemise Blanche by LM Parfums Sensual Orchid (Extrait de Parfum) by LM Parfums Ambre Muscadin by LM Parfums Patchouly Bohème by LM Parfums Vol d'Hirondelle by LM Parfums Hard Leather by LM Parfums Noir Gabardine by LM Parfums Army of Lovers by LM Parfums Ultimate Seduction by LM Parfums Sensual & Decadent by LM Parfums Malefic Tattoo by LM Parfums Sine Die by LM Parfums Cicatrices by LM Parfums Aldhèyx by LM Parfums Scandinavian Crime / Unique Russia (Extrait de Parfum) by LM Parfums Épine Mortelle by LM Parfums O des Soupirs by LM Parfums Kingdom of Dreams by LM Parfums Veleno Doré by LM Parfums