AmbreAmber 2001Eau de Toilette

Ambre / Amber (Eau de Toilette) by L'Occitane en Provence
Top 87 in Unisex Perfume
Ambre is a popular perfume by L'Occitane en Provence for women and men and was released in 2001. The scent is oriental-spicy. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Freesia
Heart Notes Heart NotesTonka bean, Labdanum
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Vanilla, Cedarwood

Submitted by Lobelia, last update on 29.08.2020.

My ambergris number six

There's no horizon. Here's a little cloud. She throws her scent particles into the wide field of feelings. Fragrances from the distance of dreams. With veil smoke from small southern fires, with storax from the amber tree or also from amber resins from the Baltic Sea. Fragrances from a world full of secrets.

From Provence. Ambre de L'Occitane.

Carried on a reminder, Amber caresses us. Soft and warm. Powdery and flattering. Sweet and dry. Bright as brown-shimmering gold.

A pinch of cinnamon, secretly hidden juniper, fine extract of tonka bean and essence of vanilla give the ambergris a velvety background. Delicately accompanied by the blossoming of freesia, sparks from the green world of bergamot, caramelized cedar and smoky resins of cistus, we are on the trail to personal happiness. The fragrance floats long, very delicate, in sunrays up into the dark firmament. Or he loses himself in the cuffs of a carefully ironed shirt. In the wrinkle of the hands.

We're trapped. And let us be carried by a gondola in clouds, by a carpet of a thousand and one nights, to the horizon of transience. Out into the distance of dreams.

To Occitania with L'Ambre de L'Occitane.

The original "Ambre from L'Occitane" is no longer available. "Les Classiques de L'Occitane - Ambre (2016)" is the successor. With the same pyramid and the same lovely message.

L'Occitane Ambre-Salicious...Lascivious...An Adult Vanilla
L'Occitane Ambre is a resinous, thick, syrupy EdT that should be labeled an EdP. I happened upon a new storefront over 60 miles from my home and with delight sampled Ambre. The entire drive home I kept smiffing my wrists and inner elbows, thankfully on the dark roads home, else truck drivers would wonder what this woman was doing. So many images were coming to mind and I could not immediately ledger them.
A neighbor greeted me when I arrived home, and as we were talking, she interrupted me with, "You wear perfume like a woman should. That's how I want to smell. How do you do it?" This was well over three hours after I had sprayed myself in the store. I had already known Ambre would be a purchase, but her telling me this cinched the deal in my thoughts.
One of the images this fragrance brought to mind was a very old memory of when I would open my violin case, pull out the chunk of rosin to coat my bow, and inhale deep scents encompassed in the case. No matter how small the rosin cubes would get, I'd still keep then in the corner pocket of the violin case, because there was something about the mellowness and odor of aged rosins.
Ambre brings to mind old libraries to me, structures built centuries ago, the interiors of old panels of deep, dark wood. Twenty-foot high tall ceilings that are dimly lit, with stacks of books that are endless. Clean, dry, leathery smells that I would enjoy as I browsed the volumes. An airyness amongst the deep richness that I could inhale and not feel overwhelmed.
Vanilla plays into Ambre salaciously, almost lasciviously. Not sweet, not cloying, but mysterious, vampy and almost boozy. An adult vanilla that mixes with the notes beautifully to create a fragrance so warm and coy it can turn heads on the right person. Some tea influences with the bergamot mix well with the leathery notes of the labdanum, while the amber creates a delightfully creamy and warm vanilla-amber.
Ambre lasted well over six hours for me, and that included a hand-washing. The bottle looks vintage, quaint and I find it rather appealing.
I have found out that L'Occitane has discontinued Ambre. I went back to the store and purchased a bottle (or two) for my stock. Why oh why must such delightful fragrances be discontinued? The SA remembered me and remarked that she had compared the Vanilla/Narcisse to the Ambre and noticed the Ambre had such a delicious dry down of mature vanilla also. It's still available in the catalog tho.

by ElenaN
by Grazia
by Moni43
by Moni43
by Amberfreak
The bottle of Ambre is nestled in a sea of Baltic Amber jewelry.
by Sorceress
by JJ84
by Fran
by Fran

Popular L'Occitane en Provence

Eau des Baux by L'Occitane en Provence Les Classiques de L'Occitane - Ambre (2016) by L'Occitane en Provence Eau de L'Occitan by L'Occitane en Provence Eau de Cade (Eau de Toilette) by L'Occitane en Provence Verveine Agrumes / Citrus Verbena by L'Occitane en Provence Eau de Vetyver by L'Occitane en Provence Verveine by L'Occitane en Provence Eau d'Iparie by L'Occitane en Provence Verveine Sorbet / Verbena Sorbet by L'Occitane en Provence Voyage en Méditerranée - Labdanum de Seville by L'Occitane en Provence Terre de Lumière (Eau de Parfum) by L'Occitane en Provence Ambre & Santal by L'Occitane en Provence Verveine Menthe / Mint Verbena by L'Occitane en Provence Néroli & Orchidée by L'Occitane en Provence Arlésienne (2016) (Eau de Toilette) by L'Occitane en Provence Voyage en Méditerranée - Immortelle de Corse by L'Occitane en Provence Eau d'Azur by L'Occitane en Provence Notre Flore - Neroli by L'Occitane en Provence Néroli by L'Occitane en Provence Notre Flore - Cèdre by L'Occitane en Provence