Arlésienne (2016) Eau de Toilette

Version from 2016
Arlésienne (2016) (Eau de Toilette) by L'Occitane en Provence

Arlésienne (2016) (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by L'Occitane en Provence for women and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Groupe L'Occitane.

Top Notes Top NotesSaffron, Bergamot, Galbanum, Hawthorn
Heart Notes Heart NotesRosa centifolia, Violet leaf
Base Notes Base NotesWhite musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 29.10.2019

9.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

Summer in Provence - Summer Fragrances Part 4
When I smell Arlesia, I smell Provence.
And I have a lot in common with her. Especially the city of Arles and the Alpilles. So it's no wonder that the name of the perfume spoke directly to me. Since I like almost everything from the company L´Occitane anyway, I first got myself a miniset. That was now with him spring vacation and what should I say, the fragrance is wonderful!

When sprayed on, an aromatically fresh bouquet of flowers unfolds which the tart saffron gives a beautiful spice. Arlesienne has an excellent quality, which I already notice in this top note. The otherwise often annoying alcoholic note is missing. In the further course a beautiful slightly powdery rose appears. Accompanied by green notes and carried by almond-like soft hawthorn wood. Although I don't like Galbanum otherwise, he is a beautiful fresh player here, who gives depth to the flowery scent.

Arlesienne has a high radiant power and can quickly fill a room. The durability is good with me with approx. 6 hours. All in all, Arlesienne is a very wonderful summer scent, I would classify it as freshly flowery woody, which especially women might like the flowers and are romantically inclined. Because Arlesienne is a very feminine scent.

What I particularly like is that it is so very different from our usual summer fragrances: neither coconut nor Caribbean feeling. No aquatic freshness and no beach mango. And yet it is not a quiet pedal, but an unconventional fresh summer scent due to the saffron, which is pleasantly noticeable.

Arlesienne is my test tip for all those looking for a summer fragrance beyond the mainstream and the usual citrus, or Caribbean fragrances and also far away from the usual beach party vibe.

Well ...
... but I like the old formulation (high bottle) a lot better.
I discovered Arlésienne at the Kaufhof. Sprayed and thought... yes, has something... but what exactly could I not make out? a particularly striking touch I couldn't discover, any good but not convinced. And I also did not want to buy giant crucibles of something that I did not properly anfixt.

Sniffed at Lóccitane on the HP and bought a mini-set (incl. shower gel and cream) for flappe 12,00 Euronen.

Yes... pleasant and does not hurt... so for every day ok.
Then laß´ich the statement of Brigida and became aware of the old formulation... Curious as I am, I went in search of the high bottle and found it.

Since yesterday I own it now, the old Arlésienne and what can I say... it is soooooooooo much better, smells so much nicer than the new mixture. I flashed. How great this scent is. Much more lively and fresh and not as dull and fleeting as the new one. Still (for me) not definable but just good!!
Not obtrusive, not babbig-sweet, not old, not bitter, not headache flowery... Class!

In any case, I will still go on the search for remaining stock, this EDT is right, really great.

Anessa 9 months ago
Intense spiciness contrary to the lucid bottle, nothing lovely. Would personally prefer this as a potpourri or soap scent, not as a perfume.+4

by Gaukeleya