Eau d'Iparie by L'Occitane en Provence

Eau d'Iparie is a popular perfume by L'Occitane en Provence for women and men and was released in 2002. The scent is spicy-oriental. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Cistus
Base Notes Base NotesMyrrh, Frankincense, Vanilla, Moss

Submitted by CocoLeFay, last update on 29.10.2019

8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Dear old version
My rewiew refers to the Eau d'Iparie I remember, I mean the vintage version.
It was opulent, rich, resinous and similar to a sacred perfume. A real masterpiece in a particular refined bottle at a price quite affordable . Nowadays I don't recognize the modern version , in a totally different packaging and with a price too high in comparison to the product lighter than than the vintage version. If you love the original perfume and you find an old bottle, buy it immediately!

~ Myrrh, Meadows & Memories ~
~ I am considering placing a one hundred dollar bid on an e-bay half bottle based purely on initial impressions of this L'Occitane it is that good! I was fortunate enough to receive a sample of this as an added bonus from a generous perfumista and I soo thank her! This is a beautiful myrrh the type that you want to be surrounded in and keep it for yourself. To me it is also a very sheer airy dried herbal scent like a breeze in a grassy meadow. I don't know whether the subtle incense actually applies to the skin or just hovers and dances around it like a free spirit? Although not listed I also get a hint of a dried aged rose. The kind that you would keep pressed in your favorite heavy book as a sentimental reminder of a past lover. Is this unisex to my nose perhaps? But it doesn't matter to this man I want what's in this! I may not be able to hold it like a precious memory but just to contain it for a little while in a bottle on my shelf is all I can hope for. ~
Kind Regards, Plat ~
7.5 7.5 7.5 6.5/10

Ineverwas
Essay on spirituality and religion
In my opinion this is one of the best and most interesting L'Occitane fragrance I've tried so far. It's quite unique and I can't think of many perfumes that come close to its smell or style.

Eau d'Iparie is mysterious, spiritual and profound. The myrrh and incense confer a vaguely sacred aura that reminds of religion, churches, saints and the meaning of the divine adoration and yet, this perfume has a markedly dark character, a solemnity that may hide secrets and perhaps occult knowledge. At the borderline between grace and obscurity, this scent gives me quite a spiritual trip.

I think Eau d'Iparie is best suited for cold winter days, late autumn trips to old villages in France, Catholic sermons and why not, funerals. It's thoroughly well done and can really put you in a mystical mood, if you know how to wear it.

by Grazia