Eau de Cade (2014) Eau de Toilette

Eau de Cade (Eau de Toilette) by L'Occitane en Provence

Eau de Cade (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by L'Occitane en Provence for men and was released in 2014. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Petitgrain
Heart Notes Heart NotesCedar, Pink pepper
Base Notes Base NotesCade juniper wood, Cistus

Submitted by NorwinNorth, last update on 23.10.2019

7.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Farneon
Juniper instead of cedar, not everyone gets the 10! ;-)
I've already sneaked around the various scents of L'Occitane. The supposed naturalness, the regional image, the brand's unexcitement are what appeal to me. More by chance I discovered that there is a small shop of L'Occitane in Cologne. I already knew that I liked the fragrances "Eau de Cade" and "L'Eau de L'Occitane" from tests in the duty-free area at the airport. Only with "Eau des Baux" I couldn't start that much, it was too herb-smoky for me, a bit too penetrating.

Now it has become "Eau de Cade", which is somewhat more earthy and woody than its almost identical brother "L'Eau de L'Occitane". It has to be said that juniper plays a decisive role here, more precisely the so-called prick or cedar juniper, as the summary on the package also reveals. In the fragrance pyramid you should therefore replace cedar with juniper!!!

Now to the fragrance itself. For me, "Eau de Cade" starts with one of the best top notes I know: fresh, balsamic, herbaceous, to put in. Nothing artificial penetrates into my nose, in addition there is a subtle soapy touch that promises purity. Gradually, the woody takes over the first violin, and it plays virtuously: no sawdust, no ashes, simply fragrant wood, paired with the spice of juniper. But even after two hours the fragrance still remains fresh and peppery in its basic orientation. Chapeau!

With "Eau de Cade" I have certainly found one of those fragrances that I may have been looking for for years. Neither grandpa image nor hipster stuff and all without a disturbing element. Somehow soft and yet striking. And (very important): no comparison to anything that has already come under my nose, so absolutely independent, I think. You can even find yourself cool when someone asks "What's that?" :-) Because here image is nothing and smell everything!
9.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

ErrorJones
Romantic tree house at an affordable price
I've been looking for this smell for a long, long time. For quite some time now I have been hanging around almost exclusively in the green-fresh and woody-spicy region. This area, however, is dotted with old villas and 70s blocks with rather old-fashioned or badly renovated facades. Houses that may seem charming and impressive due to their age, but in which I do not want to live at all. Paco Rabanne Pour Homme, Aramis Pour Homme and Tsar are such booths for me.
But in the middle of this sleepy neighborhood there's a small undeveloped pampa. Off the beaten track, quite hidden, someone has built himself a small tree house. It's just a few days old, so it still smells like woods you've collected yourself, without any varnish or solvents. Maybe a few boards sit slightly crooked, but that's what makes the DIY character so special. It's spring, not quite warm yet, and herbal tea steams on the table, which of course consists of a sawed off tree stump. It could be such an Ajuvedic yogi tea, with a touch of gingerbread. The whole scenery radiates such perfection, there is actually nothing missing. Eau de Cade is very much about cosiness, at the expense of a youthful freshness, which is still present enough in the top note, but then changes to a brown bear feeling after only a short time.

I also own Eau de Baux from Occitane, which for me is only for cold winter days, but then it is great. Eau de Cade has a similarly high quality and an immensely natural draught with much less sweetness. It is for me an interesting Immergeher for days under 25°. This incense-spiced tea reminds me a bit of Gucci Pour Homme II. Eau de Cade, however, is less benevolent and cuddly due to the pink pepper, which is good for him. The fragrance is not going through a great development. But he doesn't need them either, because he surprises from the beginning in a really positive way.

The bottle reminds me of old medicine bottles. I like it somehow, beautifully unpretentious and down-to-earth, matching the fragrance.

It could be "Eau de Sade" for all I care. Slightly exotic, sexy, smooth operator!

by Profumosam