Eau de L'Occitan 2005

Eau de L'Occitan by L'Occitane en Provence
Eau de L'Occitan is a popular perfume by L'Occitane en Provence for men and was released in 2005. The scent is woody-spicy. It was last marketed by Groupe L'Occitane. Pronunciation

Lavender, Charred wood

Submitted by Chemist, last update on 25.11.2020.

that burnt wood accord!
I just looooove this fragrance! I get a lot of lavender and the burnt wood accord (and it's glorious) with some pepper and a little musk.

This is my first l'Occitane and it certainly is a great scent. It's manly, clean, and woody with a twist that keeps it apart from most lavender based fragrances however, there's a downside and it's the performance. I've worn it twice and it doesn't get to the 5th hour. Considering other people's score I expected more but I get +4 hours and that's it... gone.

I may start applying heavier or carrying a pocket atomizer cause it just smells great and not synthetic at all

Smellavision
A more natural Luna Rossa...
First spray, instantly reminded me of another scent - then I remembered : this is a total clone of Prada Luna Rossa (and this one seemingly came out seven years earlier?), fortunately without the hideous pepper blast that is included in the Extreme version of LR. Also, this is cheaper in retail than the Prada, so in my option the only reason why someone should even consider buying the Prada LR is that - to me - the Prada has a tiny bit more of projection. There's still pepper, but not as much as in the Luna Rossa Extreme, which is one I rather dislike.

Opening with bergamot and pepper and slowly the lavender with some spices (I'm thinking cinnamon and some nutmeg) in the background takes over, making this a more pleasant barbershop scent. During the drydown I also get cedar hints peeping in every now and then with a bit of sweetness. Smells quite natural, this one.

Quite linear after the lavender comes through, but if you're looking for an updated kinda fougere this might be your thing.
That damn vacation thing
In the beginning I was enthusiastic about some fragrances of L'Occitane. For example, I had sprayed L'Eau de L'Occitane and Eau de Cade at the airport and was happy that I didn't smell like all the other chemicals in the duty-free area. With a natural, fresh top note, the Provençal water was pleasantly different from what I had sprayed on a few test strips before.

And yes: I am quite benevolent towards the brand as well as its EDTs, especially since the price is quite cheap in contrast to the niche (approx. 50,- € per 100 ml). So I became a L'Occitane fan in a short time, also because with this brand I have the feeling that I'm a natural guy and not a common marketing victim.

However, at L'Eau de L'Occitane I particularly like the top note, which accompanied me through the boarding in a lively, fresh and natural way. But after the landing, about three hours later, I thought to myself (just like at the Eau de Cade ... i should revise my comment to that effect): This fragrance is undoubtedly good, keeps its promise, fits me as a hiker on Crete (I just came from there), but let's be honest: Arrived in Cologne and until today it just seems completely unsexy!

L'Occitane actually did everything right and did not lie about the marketing promise. But I myself don't have a good feeling about smelling like a coked lavender bush in the presence of my collagues and/or friends. A great fragrance when I hold my nose to it outside in nature, but do I want to smell the same myself? That's the big question! Anyway, fellow travelers turned up their noses and said: If you like it!?

When I go hiking, I don't need to "adulate" myself and am happy about the unbeatable scents of nature. In everyday life, however, it seems strange to me to smell as if I had just sprung from a herb garden, even though I really like the smell itself. Maybe it is: L'Eau de L#Occitane is more a smell than a scent (in my nose, of course) ... Somehow it suits me, but unfortunately not in society!

MasterLi
Masculine and agreeable lavender...

This is a fragrance which has been a hit for L'Occitane. It shows that they can compete with the designer brands. This is a lavender based fragrance with herbs and a hint of a spicy, woody backdrop. The cinnamon, nutmeg and black pepper really supply the spicy background, along with the woods and tonka bean. It's hard not to like this one. I think it competes with anything out there on the male market. It's made with good quality ingredients and blended with care.

On a personal level, I find that it doesn't stand out too much from other spicy lavender & woods fragrances for men that I've tried out there. The value for money is good. I would recommend it to people starting out in fragrances, and those men who want to try out a lavender based fragrance which is still masculine and pleasing to other people. I think this fragrance shows that L'Occitane en Provence has what it takes to compete and survive in the fragrance market, and I would recommend everyone to try out this house. Extremely good quality for money. Good stuff!

Lavender, Lavender, Lavender
I smelled this in the L’Occitane boutique – actually two different boutiques – before pulling the trigger. I was ready for a deep, woodsy, masculine scent, but before I opened up the box I knew I was in for something else. I smelled something light and floral - lavender. My wife had just bought lavender scent packets that help us sleep, so it wasn’t that kind of concentrated, herbal lavender, but a lighter take on it.

The first outing led to a scrubbing party. I wore it on my wrists and my skin amps lavender (for trade: one slightly used set of skin; amps lavender and pepper). I was walking around in a cloud feeling like a metrosexual Frenchman. Not my thing.

The second time I sprayed it on the back of my wrists and it smelled like lavender for a good fifteen minutes before the licorice showed up. The two played off each other for six to seven hours and then the scent became more soapy in its orientation and a touch more woodsy. The lavender returned to lay over the woods, for up to fourteen hours, and only after that did the accursed lavender finally exit, leaving behind faintly aromatic woods.

Eau de L'Occitan pour Homme is longlasting, well-blended, and well-balanced, but just not my thing. If anyone wants a bottle, hit me up.

Peppery lavender
I tried this on a paper strip, and it smelled EXACTLY like Prada Luna Rossa! Then later on I tried it on my skin, and I got confused because the scent was a lot warmer than it was on the paper strip. It ressembled Eau des Baux (also by L'Occitane En Provence) more now.

And then once it dried down, it basically became a mix of both to me. So take Eau des Baux, remove the vanilla and incense to replace it with lavender, and that's pretty much what it smells like to me. The tonka bean and woodsy notes are still discernable.

Safe lavender
Wood, pepper and nutmeg - that what i smell.

This is a comforting and relaxing scent, that smells very good and has a great price.

Good projection, lasting power and sillage. Definetely worth a bottle!

Updated January 2014

MaszmazsMaszmazs 6 months ago
My sweetest scent, my first love. A real classic fragrance, it is perfect for any occasion. It is a pleasure to use.
ItchynoseItchynose 1 year ago
Pleasant, slightly sweet and spicy lavender. Far from mind blowing but good value for money. Marketed for men but rather unisex to my nose.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Starts with bergamot and a lot of pepper, becomes pleasantly dry-warm and woody by lasting spiciness (nutmeg). Nice.

Danke an die Lithographiewerkstatt Treptow
by DonVanVliet
by MichH
by MichH

Popular L'Occitane en Provence

Ambre / Amber (Eau de Toilette) by L'Occitane en Provence Les Classiques de L'Occitane - Ambre (2016) by L'Occitane en Provence Eau des Baux by L'Occitane en Provence Eau de Cade (Eau de Toilette) by L'Occitane en Provence Verveine Agrumes / Citrus Verbena (Eau de Toilette) by L'Occitane en Provence Eau de Vetyver by L'Occitane en Provence Verveine Sorbet / Verbena Sorbet by L'Occitane en Provence Verveine by L'Occitane en Provence Eau d'Iparie by L'Occitane en Provence Voyage en Méditerranée - Labdanum de Seville by L'Occitane en Provence Terre de Lumière (Eau de Parfum) by L'Occitane en Provence Ambre & Santal by L'Occitane en Provence Verveine Menthe / Mint Verbena by L'Occitane en Provence Néroli & Orchidée by L'Occitane en Provence Ambre Amande / Amber Almond by L'Occitane en Provence Arlésienne (2016) (Eau de Toilette) by L'Occitane en Provence Voyage en Méditerranée - Immortelle de Corse by L'Occitane en Provence Notre Flore - Neroli by L'Occitane en Provence Néroli by L'Occitane en Provence Fleurs de Cerisier / Cherry Blossom (Eau de Toilette) by L'Occitane en Provence