Les Classiques de L'Occitane - Ambre (2016)

Version from 2016
Les Classiques de L'Occitane - Ambre (2016) by L'Occitane en Provence
Bottle Design: Olivier Baussan

Les Classiques de L'Occitane - Ambre (2016) is a popular limited perfume by L'Occitane en Provence for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-oriental. It is being marketed by Groupe L'Occitane. Limited Edition

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Freesia
Heart Notes Heart NotesCistus, Tonka bean
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Vanilla, Cedar

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 14.11.2019

6.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Jazzy76
New bottle, but still gorgeous
I must confess that when I saw this new version of the glorious amber by L'Occitane en Provence I said to myself: "Another wrong remake". It wasn't so.
At the first spray I recognized a warm, round acchord composed by the tonka bean made smoother by floery accents. The, I smelled the wonderful and longlasting base notes: Amber, sweet and not medicinal, vanilla, warm and not sweetish but well balanced. A warm oriental cloud involved me and made me dream of middle eastern landscapes . The longevity and the sillage remain good , although the clear coluor of the reformulated scent seem suggest a lighter perfume.
Only a remark for the bottle: maybe I'm too old fashioned, but I prefer the old version, so "art déco" and multifaceted. Anyway, a new bottle simple and minimal, but refined and maybe more ergonomic.
The price is high for a 75ml one size, but the result is amazing. I love it.
6.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

Chenoa
Like God (or goddess?) in France..
The uniquely beautiful colours of Provence: the radiant yellow of the sunflowers, the bright lilac of flowering lavender fields, the velvety green of summer plane leaves, the warm golden brown of deliciously ripe chestnuts. AND: from Amber.

... in the nose a fine scent of thyme, rosemary, cistus roses and many other wild herbs, which defy even the most barren soil, very much sun and then again the cold mistral wind ... with the taste of small tempting sweets like Nougat de Montélimar or the equally almond spoiled Callisons d'Aix on the tongue, accompanied perhaps by a glass of perfectly tempered rosé or - depending on the mood - sometimes a deep dark red wine.

Exactly this (life) feeling is embodied by this incredibly beautiful fragrance from L'Occitane for me. Admittedly, I love France anyway, and especially this southern part of the country, which for me comes quite close to an idea of paradise. It was then that I first sniffed it at a friend's house, and it took very little effort to take my fragrance lover's heart by storm.
Surely there are more complex, exciting, eccentric fragrances than these of all things. But often beauty doesn't need big flourishes and speeches.

Even after years he still manages to make my soul vibrate, and on days that at first glance may seem more pale grey than sunny yellow, he sends bright rays of sunlight directly to me.
Sometimes, when I write lists in my mind for which I am so grateful in life, this fragrance is relatively high up. Not because of the material value; not only because it is warm, soft and completely harmonious; but above all because of what is behind the scenes

by Einfachich