Terre de Lumière (2016) Eau de Parfum

Terre de Lumière (Eau de Parfum) by L'Occitane en Provence

Terre de Lumière (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by L'Occitane en Provence for women and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by Groupe L'Occitane.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Ambrette seed, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender honey
Base Notes Base NotesAcacia, Bitter almond, Tonka bean, White musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 13.11.2019

7.0 6.0 7.0 7.0/10

DonJuanDeCat
Don't let the slice of bread with honey on it fall on the carpet...!!
Hey, you guys, how are you doing? Are you ready to devour a new commi from me greedily? D
Well, don't rejoice so early, because the scent I'm going to introduce now has become quite nice in itself, but somehow it feels a little weak, as if it lacks some bite. It's Terre de Lumière of L'Occitane en Provence.

The scent is a honey scent, which will surely make your mouths water when it comes to the term honey... um, let's say the mouths water, shall we? That's almost clichéd with you women, but there doesn't seem to be a single woman who doesn't like honey! D

But well, I have to admit, I like honey a lot, too. For me it doesn't necessarily have to be the scent, but the taste is absolutely fantastic. The sweet gold that feels wonderful in the mouth, but is terrible, FURCHTBAR annoying when it flows down from the bread. But it's much worse if you're too clumsy and drop the bread on the floor when you eat it... because you know exactly which side the bread lands on the floor with and then smears everything extremely sticky,... oh how I hate that! D

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins with amber and slightly spicy pepper. In the background you can smell bergamot and general citrus notes, but these are weak and quickly getting weaker. For a brief moment, you also have the feeling that the fragrance is giving off a sunscreen-like scent.
Only a little later, one smells slightly bitter notes that should come from the lavender, or from the lavender honey, even if I should not yet perceive a honey-like sweetness, as this still lasts a few minutes. But this is also due to the fact that the fragrance emits a somewhat small sillage, which means that you have to sniff closer to the sprayed area in order to be able to smell some of the fragrances listed here.
Anyway, you can still smell the honey later, but just weakly. In addition, there are other fragrances like tonka bean, but I can perceive almonds rather less.
A little bit later the honey seems to become a little bit stronger. And with the musk comes another sweet fragrance.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The charisma is very weak for a fragrance that is supposed to contain honey, which is a pity. At least to me the smell seemed quite weak, so that it will be perceived more from the proximity. The shelf life, on the other hand, is okay with eight to nine hours.

The bottle:
The flacon is a roundish inflated container with a yellowish scented liquid inside. The lid has the shape of polished stones and with its red colour gives a nice contrast to the yellow fragrance liquid. All in all, despite the simplicity, quite nice.

Soo! The scent is quite nice. It has a light, gentle sweetness in which honey can also be smelt. In addition there is a light spice, which comes from the lavender. But unfortunately it is (or rather I found it to be) that the scent is a little too weak. I also have the feeling that the fragrance doesn't really want to get going despite its beautiful scents. That is a pity, but even this can have its advantages.

For example, it could be used as a honey scent during the day, possibly even in the office and so on, without radiating the spicy note present in many other honey scents, which often comes across quite intense (as in fishing scents for example) and is overwhelming for some.

Of course it can also be that my nose deceives me a little bit, because I had tried more powerful scents lately and therefore feel this one weaker than it really is. Well, so the best thing to do here is to try the scent for yourself! But like I said, he smells quite nice and might please one or the other of you ladies well!
I would use it especially in autumn, otherwise spring and winter go well.

So... now I'm done again. And somehow I'm a little hungry. The big question now is: Should we put honey on the slice of bread,... or should we prefer Nutella? Aaargh, I bet you can't decide either, can you? I think I'll put both on it, mu ha ha ha ha:D
9.0 7.0 9.0 8.5/10

Honey sweet sun drops
The face of the sun, lying on a summer meadow between humming and chirping, warm rays of sunshine on my skin, dripping like honey on my skin, not sticky unpleasant, but promising and comforting, while a blade of grass in the corner of my mouth and the mild summer wind carries the delicate scent of lavender across to me.
That's exactly how it feels when I put on Terre de Lumiêre. Lavender and honey are superficial, very pleasant and natural, pleasantly soft and warm in summer. Tonka bean sneaks in quietly and mixes in the background, the white musk is just as discreet. The top notes are hardly perceptible for me, but also no loss, because Terre de Lumiere brings me with its fragrance immediately into the summer on just this summer meadow, so that I only have to close my eyes and suck in the lavender summer sweetness.
6.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Deceptive package
When Terre de Lumiere appeared, I was still regularly in France and he was really highly praised there. In the Lafayette Gallery you stumbled across an advertising display every few metres. I don't know anything about L'Occitane. The whole outfit wasn't really my thing. Looked very suspicious of a no-touch scent again. And then there's this overpresence in the perfumeries. That's more of a deterrent to me. And on the test strip, the scent actually seems very incongruous.

With so much excessive advertising, I couldn't find cover in time for a test case attack (no, not true, I always take test cases with me, because you can test everything once), but the same was sunk deep into the test case and only at some point it was taken out. Today I'm wearing it for the second time and now I can scold myself again because you shouldn't always follow how a fragrance is presented.

Terre de Lumiere does not smell in any way as the advertising suggests. Overall it reminds me a bit of a mixture of Mon Guerlain and La Vie es Belle. I don't get along so well with either of them. But L'Occitane have apparently collected the useful from both scents together and made something pretty out of it:

Absolutely test on the skin! You can only smell chaos on the test strip. And dose carefully! Terre de Lumiere starts right away with a very sweet tonka bean. Lavender also has a sticky consistency. (it also says LavenderHONIG). Pepper adds a rather sharp tip. You have to be careful then. Economically dosed is SICKLY SWEET but not sticky or chemical, so I like it quite well. When the pepper fades, the Ambrettesamen add a subtle spice. (That's exactly what I miss at LVEB... picksüße smells always need a small balance).

Lavender and tonka bean remain equally present throughout the fragrance. After a few hours the characteristic clean scent of white musk is added, as well as bitter almond, which then again forms a small point of friction to the very sweet scent. I really like this very much. So it must be a very sweet scent for me. Superficially like so picksüß wies but always goes with a small spicy, sharp or bitter balance in the background.

To the Mon Guerlain comparisons: What makes it so sweet is the vanilla. She also gave me a terrible migraine when I tested her. Terre de Lumiere is generally sweeter than Mon Guerlain but this all other booting vanilla was left out. And I'm spared the headache. Therefore victory all down the line for Terre de Lumiere!

So here is a clear recommendation for all who like this sweet (so RIGHTLY sweet). The fragrance does not offer the spring freshness that advertising is trying to fool us into believing. I'd rather recommend it in the deepest winter. And discreetly dosed. I'm sure you don't have to spray it again. Terre de Lumiere is now not quite as sillagenbombig as La Vie est Belle but one should in any case dose carefully
7.0 5.0 6.0 6.0/10

A disappointment...
I can confidently call Provence my second home. I have always spent my summers at a Verdon reservoir, on the yellow rocks by the water surrounded by wild thyme, savory, lavender, pines, oaks and many other odorous plants and in the unique light of the Provençal sun.
The air is spicy and warm, with an almost earthy base.
Wonderful - and the scent of my dreams.
Last summer, when I went shopping in Manosque and stopped by the factory outlet of L'Occitane, they advertised "Terre de Lumière". The name, the description - I really thought my prayers had been answered. And L'Occitane simply has a home bonus with me.
Then I sniffed - and rarely was I so disappointed. The scent that struck me had nothing in common with my ideas.
Crying honey, accompanied by tonka bean. I don't smell much more than that, because this sweetheart knocks down everything that might still be smelling.
So far from the fine nuances of the Provencal landscape under these unique golden sunbeams.
I bought "Terre de Lumière" anyway, because I didn't want to admit this disappointment. I've lowered my expectations, so now I'm saying: Nice scent. But nice is also the little sister of...
10.0 9.0 8.0 10.0/10

Wonderful!
A sunny, optimistic fragrance that nevertheless radiates depth and sunny warmth. A lavender bush in the afternoon sun, Provence, longing and fulfilment, a deep view over the vastness of the landscape, a spicy start and a sensual, tender end. Harmonious embrace. I just wanted a more intense shelf life

Trucklady 162 days ago
Elegant lavender, but the rest is wan. Overall, I find it ideal as a sleep/bed scent. Won't buy again, but I'll enjoy what I have.
DorothyGrace 178 days ago
Old fashioned perfumy bath cubes. Interesting flurry on application ends up like Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden. Lasts full 24 hours on me.+2
6.0
10.0
2.0
Anessa 15 months ago
Despite my fears of honey, no Scandal. Golden&warm, 'terra ambrata'. Could be unisex. Personally, couldn't smell any similarities to Mon G.+4
Jazzy76 16 months ago
It might be the symbol of the Provence sun , but this sun is pale: too short sillage for being an edp. High price but very elegant bottle+3
5.0