Terre de Lumière (2016) Eau de Parfum

Terre de Lumière (Eau de Parfum) by L'Occitane en Provence

Terre de Lumière (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by L'Occitane en Provence for women and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by Groupe L'Occitane.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Ambrette seed, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender honey
Base Notes Base NotesAcacia, Bitter almond, Tonka bean, White musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 26.08.2019

9.0 7.0 9.0 8.5/10

Honey sweet sun drops
The face of the sun, lying on a summer meadow between humming and chirping, warm rays of sunshine on my skin, dripping like honey on my skin, not sticky unpleasant, but promising and comforting, while a blade of grass in the corner of my mouth and the mild summer wind carries the delicate scent of lavender across to me.
That's exactly how it feels when I put on Terre de Lumiêre. Lavender and honey are superficial, very pleasant and natural, pleasantly soft and warm in summer. Tonka bean sneaks in quietly and mixes in the background, the white musk is just as discreet. The top notes are hardly perceptible for me, but also no loss, because Terre de Lumiere brings me with its fragrance immediately into the summer on just this summer meadow, so that I only have to close my eyes and suck in the lavender summer sweetness.
6.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Deceptive package
When Terre de Lumiere appeared, I was still regularly in France and he was really highly praised there. In the Lafayette Gallery you stumbled across an advertising display every few metres. I don't know anything about L'Occitane. The whole outfit wasn't really my thing. Looked very suspicious of a no-touch scent again. And then there's this overpresence in the perfumeries. That's more of a deterrent to me. And on the test strip, the scent actually seems very incongruous.

With so much excessive advertising, I couldn't find cover in time for a test case attack (no, not true, I always take test cases with me, because you can test everything once), but the same was sunk deep into the test case and only at some point it was taken out. Today I'm wearing it for the second time and now I can scold myself again because you shouldn't always follow how a fragrance is presented.

Terre de Lumiere does not smell in any way as the advertising suggests. Overall it reminds me a bit of a mixture of Mon Guerlain and La Vie es Belle. I don't get along so well with either of them. But L'Occitane have apparently collected the useful from both scents together and made something pretty out of it:

Absolutely test on the skin! You can only smell chaos on the test strip. And dose carefully! Terre de Lumiere starts right away with a very sweet tonka bean. Lavender also has a sticky consistency. (it also says LavenderHONIG). Pepper adds a rather sharp tip. You have to be careful then. Economically dosed is SICKLY SWEET but not sticky or chemical, so I like it quite well. When the pepper fades, the Ambrettesamen add a subtle spice. (That's exactly what I miss at LVEB... picksüße smells always need a small balance).

Lavender and tonka bean remain equally present throughout the fragrance. After a few hours the characteristic clean scent of white musk is added, as well as bitter almond, which then again forms a small point of friction to the very sweet scent. I really like this very much. So it must be a very sweet scent for me. Superficially like so picksüß wies but always goes with a small spicy, sharp or bitter balance in the background.

To the Mon Guerlain comparisons: What makes it so sweet is the vanilla. She also gave me a terrible migraine when I tested her. Terre de Lumiere is generally sweeter than Mon Guerlain but this all other booting vanilla was left out. And I'm spared the headache. Therefore victory all down the line for Terre de Lumiere!

So here is a clear recommendation for all who like this sweet (so RIGHTLY sweet). The fragrance does not offer the spring freshness that advertising is trying to fool us into believing. I'd rather recommend it in the deepest winter. And discreetly dosed. I'm sure you don't have to spray it again. Terre de Lumiere is now not quite as sillagenbombig as La Vie est Belle but one should in any case dose carefully
7.0 5.0 6.0 6.0/10

A disappointment...
I can confidently call Provence my second home. I have always spent my summers at a Verdon reservoir, on the yellow rocks by the water surrounded by wild thyme, savory, lavender, pines, oaks and many other odorous plants and in the unique light of the Provençal sun.
The air is spicy and warm, with an almost earthy base.
Wonderful - and the scent of my dreams.
Last summer, when I went shopping in Manosque and stopped by the factory outlet of L'Occitane, they advertised "Terre de Lumière". The name, the description - I really thought my prayers had been answered. And L'Occitane simply has a home bonus with me.
Then I sniffed - and rarely was I so disappointed. The scent that struck me had nothing in common with my ideas.
Crying honey, accompanied by tonka bean. I don't smell much more than that, because this sweetheart knocks down everything that might still be smelling.
So far from the fine nuances of the Provencal landscape under these unique golden sunbeams.
I bought "Terre de Lumière" anyway, because I didn't want to admit this disappointment. I've lowered my expectations, so now I'm saying: Nice scent. But nice is also the little sister of...
10.0 9.0 8.0 10.0/10

Wonderful!
A sunny, optimistic fragrance that nevertheless radiates depth and sunny warmth. A lavender bush in the afternoon sun, Provence, longing and fulfilment, a deep view over the vastness of the landscape, a spicy start and a sensual, tender end. Harmonious embrace. I just wanted a more intense shelf life

Trucklady 105 days ago
Elegant lavender, but the rest is wan. Overall, I find it ideal as a sleep/bed scent. Won't buy again, but I'll enjoy what I have.
DorothyGrace 121 days ago
Old fashioned perfumy bath cubes. Interesting flurry on application ends up like Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden. Lasts full 24 hours on me.+2
6.0
10.0
2.0
Anessa 13 months ago
Despite my fears of honey, no Scandal. Golden&warm, 'terra ambrata'. Could be unisex. Personally, couldn't smell any similarities to Mon G.+4
Jazzy76 14 months ago
It might be the symbol of the Provence sun , but this sun is pale: too short sillage for being an edp. High price but very elegant bottle+3
5.0