Thé Vert & Bigarade (2013)

Thé Vert & Bigarade by L'Occitane en Provence

Thé Vert & Bigarade is a perfume by L'Occitane en Provence for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is green-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBitter orange, Green tea
Heart Notes Heart NotesYerba mate tea, Thyme
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Cedar, Hay

Submitted by Joe, last update on 28.11.2019.

6.0 3.0 4.0 8.0/10

DonJuanDeCat
Drink tea again, as so often :)
Hey guys, here I am again and today I'm coming to a fragrance of the brand L'Occitane, which has really confused me a lot lately. Because I was some time ago with a nice perfume (yeah, there are really nice among you! :DD) times as usual sniff. It was still summer and she was wearing a great black dress. Her beautiful legs shone in the sun and... ahh waits... I think I digress... :DD

Anyway, we went to one of those L'Occitane stores in Frankfurt at the time. She was looking for a scent, and when we couldn't find it, I asked one of the sellers if they had the scent (but I don't remember what scent it was!). The answer I got was something like "I'm sorry, we are not this L'Occitane". And this despite the fact that the brand name, logo, font and lettering were exactly the same. Then I just meant "Okaaay..." and slowly moved away because it seemed strange to me. The perfume with which I met, as far as I know, didn't know any more, what else? (I know you're reading this... he he he).

Anyway, I still have to find out, but I can also be wrong and confuse everything with another brand... well, anyway, I'm now coming to "Thé Vert & Bigarade", which sounds extremely great for tea lovers like me!

The fragrance:
Ooooh!! The fragrance really begins with an excellent tea note. So by that I mean you can smell green tea that smells very authentic. Then there is another tea variety, which (at least here with this scent) resembles the scent of green tea a little bit, because it also comes across a little green and bitter, but in my opinion smells a little softer, namely the also great Yerba Mate tea. However, both tea notes mix too quickly too much into each other, so that soon I can't really tell the difference between the two teas anymore.
A little later you can smell the thyme. An herb that may taste a little more severe or bitter than other herbs, but also has a great and bitter scent. In my opinion, such herbaceous scents can unfold very beautifully, especially with such summery scents, since I find that the so-called "kitchen herbs" fit excellently into summery scents, especially with citric scents or with scents such as tea etc.
So, despite the fresh and loose charisma, the scent in the background is also a little dry. This is certainly due to the many bitter scents, but this does not bother me, because this dry feeling does not seem stuffy to me, as for example with many flowery scents. Apart from that, the green tea scents are much stronger, which are of course also a bit harsh scents :D
And that's it, because you don't smell any more. So basically just tea and some cabbage. But the little you can sniff out smells all the more beautiful and above all quite authentic! A beautiful, refreshing fragrance!

The Sillage and the shelf life:
I bet you already guessed that I'm going to write here now that the scent wasn't very strong. Sadly, he is even quite weak, so that others probably couldn't even smell him up close. Therefore this is a fragrance for the sole pleasure, which one could spray on oneself again and again in the summer. This makes the scent seem rather short, even if it should last three or four hours on the sprayed spot.

The bottle:
The fragrance comes in a rectangular bottle with quite thick glass. On the front, the "&" symbol has been thickly worked into the glass. The scent liquid is greenish and therefore looks delicious. The black lid is cylindrical with a threaded shape at the bottom. A somewhat inconspicuous, but nevertheless nice bottle.

Aaah, I also liked this tea scent very much. There are now really nice and also many (green) tea scents, so that the decision becomes really difficult, which one you could get. Because that will sound a bit like criticism now, but it's the case that most of these green tea scents are quite similar, so it's probably not worth getting a lot of different ones, at least if the scent only smells like green tea (it's different with the Elizabeth Arden Green Teas, for example, of which there are different "varieties" that really smell different!)

But of course this fragrance is also worth trying and I also found it very good, so that it is included in my "Good Tea Fragrances" list :)
Because it is very refreshing especially in summer, especially on really hot days, so that you might be able to withstand heat waves a little better, at least if you can get yourself up to spray on a scent. Because on such hot days one usually sticks somewhere on the corner and hopes for some cooling, only to finally despair, if one reads in the weather report that the heat wave will continue for over a week... baah... only 5-7 months, and we have heat waves again *sigh*

Be that as it may, the fragrance is definitely recommendable, but unfortunately only for yourself, since others will certainly not smell it on you due to the weak Sillage.

Well, that's it, thank you very much for reading and a nice evening :)

Simple and refreshing!
I really do like this one! It's a beautiful combination of green smells from the French countryside. You have hay, thyme, bitter orange (a very refreshing note!), with a combination of a set of other "green" and refreshing notes (mate - a green herbal tea from south america... and Chinese pure green tea). I absolutely recommend this one for summer and hot weather! Once again L'Occitane proves that they can make outstanding fragrances whilst being natural and with quality. Give this one a try in summer and you'll see what I mean!

by Alinamaria
by Alinamaria

Popular L'Occitane en Provence

Eau des Baux by L'Occitane en Provence Ambre / Amber (Eau de Toilette) by L'Occitane en Provence Eau de L'Occitan by L'Occitane en Provence Eau de Cade (Eau de Toilette) by L'Occitane en Provence Verveine by L'Occitane en Provence Eau de Vetyver by L'Occitane en Provence Fleurs de Cerisier / Cherry Blossom (Eau de Toilette) by L'Occitane en Provence Ambre & Santal by L'Occitane en Provence Terre de Lumière (Eau de Parfum) by L'Occitane en Provence Verveine Agrumes / Citrus Verbena by L'Occitane en Provence Les Classiques de L'Occitane - Ambre (2016) by L'Occitane en Provence Rose 4 Reines / Eau des 4 Reines (Eau de Toilette) by L'Occitane en Provence Vanille & Narcisse by L'Occitane en Provence Néroli & Orchidée by L'Occitane en Provence Eau d'Iparie by L'Occitane en Provence Arlésienne (2016) (Eau de Toilette) by L'Occitane en Provence Thé Vert / Green Tea by L'Occitane en Provence Eau de Cédrat by L'Occitane en Provence Miel & Citron / Honey & Lemon by L'Occitane en Provence Herbae by L'Occitane en Provence