Bana Banana by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Bana Banana is a new perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by Puig.

Céline Ellena

Top Notes Top NotesPepper, Mace, Violet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Iris, Banana flower
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean, Musk, Amber

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 12.10.2019

8.0 6.0 6.0 8.0/10

DonJuanDeCat
Don't come near me with your banana!!!
Hey, guys... yeah, I know... doesn't say anything... my title probably sounds more than offensive right now! :D
But it's not like that at all. And if the term banana should be used as a synonym for a male limb, then this time it even came from a woman. To be more precise, from a perfume! But one thing at a time.

I met again with a dear friend, who also happens to be here in the forum. And the way such meetings are conducted by us, it was just as normal as always, which means: off in Douglas, sniffing, then out and to the next fragrance shop. On the way a few piggy jokes on my part (did you expect anything else as well? ... Wait, I'm not as bad as you think!!!), or even some more dangerous jokes, which may cause a fist to fall on your shoulder (a hint: with women you shouldn't make jokes about their age... :DD), and in between by a coffee or two.

And at some point we discovered a shop that even had a lot of L'Artisan scents. These are quite rare to find here in Frankfurt and my companion suddenly discovered this banana scent while sniffing, which interested me very much because I like bananas in general very much. While she wrinkled her nose immediately, I couldn't get enough of the top note, which smelled so wonderful of banana :D

And when I said to her for fun that I would now rub this banana scent on her so that she only had to endure this scent until home, she fled and just meant something like that: "No, if anyone can approach me with his banana, it's my friend!" Mu ha ha ha!!!

See that? I really only meant one banana by banana, namely the banana scent, but she meant with banana a... uh, quickly swellable organ of guys and... anyway, YOU first thought of something indecent, mu ha ha, so another proof that I'm not as bad as I come across here, OR? :DDD

But let's get to the scent:

The fragrance:
So as I said, the top note immediately smells like pure banana. A wonderfully fruity-sweet banana scent flows out, which simply smells great if you like the banana scent. Every now and then it even comes across slightly milky and then reminds us of miller's milk with a banana taste. Sometimes, however, it also reminds us of the inner skin of bananas, which emit a strong banana scent and also smell a little more bitter.
A little later, however, the fragrance becomes a little more perfumed. Because you also smell a few light, spicy notes in the background, like pepper and nutmeg. However, these fragrances are generally weak, so that the banana is basically the main fragrance right up to the base.
From the base the bananas are clearly weaker, so that now more and more the tonka bean is to be smelled, which gives off a beautiful, gentle, slightly dark sweet smell. The musk, which also offers a similar sweetness as the tonka bean, fits in well with this, so also rather darker. I smell amber less, by the way. And that was it, actually. All in all a fragrance that lies nicely in the nose, but above all one wonders at the beginning whether one really wants to smell so strongly of bananas :D

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is still quite strong at the beginning, but it also subsides quite quickly and then settles down in the average range, which can only be smelled well from close up for a while. The durability is also not so extremely long turned out, so that I would indicate here the durability with approx. six to eight hours, before one can hardly smell anything.

The bottle:
Since the fragrance is new, it is immediately available in the new Artisan bottles. The bottle is just as heptagonal as the old one, but these bottles have been dark tinted for some time now. The lid is also heptagonal and heavier than it seems. Otherwise the bottle is quite handy and looks very good in my opinion.

So, that was the banana scent of L'Artisan. Admittedly, you don't really smell a fragrance like this every day, one with a banana scent. I can hardly remember a scent where I had perceived such an intense and clear banana note, well, apart from the Demeter scent Banana Flambée, which is also very beautiful.

Anyway, you are always undecided about this fragrance. Because on the one hand the fragrance smells great. On the other hand one wonders if one really wants to smell so intensely like bananas, which despite its nice scent is an unusual scent. Here you have to think about it really well and possibly test the scent several times, but the scent becomes more perfumed with time, because towards the end it only has a rather light fruity touch and therefore smells more like tonka and musk, which is also very nice. Only then at the end the Sillage is quite weak.

Otherwise, I can imagine the fragrance as a kind of relaxing fragrance for myself, for example when you simply have time for yourself, are at home and apply this fragrance for yourself. Well, like I said, you just have to test it so you know what I mean. I find it of course somehow very tasty :D

Maybe also umm... lickable... mu ha ha ha, this is by the way also a term of the perfuma, with which I had met the other day. Yeah, yeah, I say biteable, don't I? But she meant "lickable" (although not in connection with this scent here, which she found quite terrible...). He he he, better hope I don't use this term in the future, because it sounds so "below the belt" :DD

Well, that's it from me again. I wish you all a nice evening :)
7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Bananiger won't do it
Since I have never tried a fragrance with the banana theme before, I was extremely excited about this new release from L'Artisan Parfumeur. And what shall I say in view of the name Bana Banana: You want banana, you get banana...and that is a whole, intensely fragrant banana plant.

If I had imagined the banana before rather walking in a tropical-sweet, somewhat densely sultry direction (I could also have simply read the complete fragrance pyramyde), the banana banana (please repeat very quickly three times) is dressed in a very present iris-powder veil. So anyone who expects an obtrusive, sticky-sweet art banana can be reassured. The iris and other slightly floral hints, which are probably due to the jasmine, take away some of the authenticity of the fruit, but it remains consistently recognisable and dominant as a medium-ripe, possibly even slightly green banana. Only after quite a while does the tonka bean begin to speak tentatively, without the leading banana, however, saying goodbye to me.

Bana Banana fits perfectly into spring for me and can unfold its full strength on medium warm days. Since banana scents are anything but mainstream, this perfume should also be extremely creative and individual. In terms of sillage and durability, the fragrance is only mediocre, but is also well wearable indoors. Which must be clear to you: You definitely smell like banana. Whether you like it or not, you have to know for yourself. I personally like the scent, but would get on my nerves if I wore it too often. But on relaxed days, when you don't take yourself too seriously (and maybe you don't have an important business appointment or job interview coming up), you definitely know how to delight yourself and the gang of monkeys around you with this scent.