Batucada by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Batucada is a perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesLime, Cachaça, Mint
Heart Notes Heart NotesTiaré, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesSensual skin accord, Sea salt

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 20.10.2019

Batucada is a substyle of Samba.

9.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

The Pool
The heat's slowing down. Many of the guests have already gone to their rooms. They rest or slowly get ready for dinner. Only me and a handful of guests lie with me at the saltwater pool of the hotel. It's 5.30 p.m. This is the time when the atmosphere at the pool is best for me. The pool radiates a very special atmosphere in this light. It's coming to rest. The sun begins to incline and the shadows become imperceptibly longer. I put on my sunglasses and close my eyes. Slowly I lie back on my couch and listen to the sounds around me.

The radio's on at the pool bar. Samba rhythms have been heard all day. Sometimes romantic and sometimes spirited. And again and again between the songs the voice of the presenter with the same sentence: Mais dois dias até o carnaval. Desde que você está pronto? (Two days to carnival. Are you ready?). I hear the shower splashing not far from me. The wind carries the soft water mist over to me and cools my hot skin a little. Naked feet running past my couch. Followed by stealthy giggling. Yes, the stone tiles became very hot in the course of the day! Behind me the birds in the palm leaves argue about the most shady spot. A wild cawing and twittering in the foliage. And there it is again, that tangy citric smell that touches my nose. They're cutting straight limes for the caipirinhas at the pool bar. By the bucket they stand at the bars and spread their bitter-sour scent. I like that!

I turn on my stomach and fold my head into my crook of my arm. The scent of the fabric softener in the bath towel has long since disappeared. It smells like myself now. It's the smell of fresh sweat and salt. The salt of my skin and the salt from the pool. I can even perceive the heat on my skin with its ozone impregnated scent. It's human... I humanize! It smells almost like yesterday on the Copacabana in the stand bar where we had danced to the Samba. An unforgettable evening in Rio de Janeiro.

Conclusion
Batucada is no ordinary citrus-fresh summer scent. This fragrance interprets Rio de Janeiro, Carnival and Samba for me. It's the scent of a wild night with some caipirinhas too much. A racy cocktail of limes, salt and human sweat. Batucada is by no means animalistic or even disgusting. No, it's even very erotic and extremely attractive in smell. It contains a very skilful mixture of sourish-harsh limes, sugar cane schnapps and an ozone impregnated salty skin chord, which with a sun cream note of tiaré and ylang-ylang, a very skilful pretense one would be in the middle of the Copacabana at the carnival in Rio. Including some caipirinhas, creamed skin and steaming bodies. Batucada brings a completely different feeling of "holiday freshness" across. Batucada is racy, incredibly sensual and very, very sexy! You give yourself this scent or you refuse it. There's something hard in between. An erotic cocktail of pheromones and samba. Unique!

If everything else fails, dance Samba.
Or as they say in Brazil: Se tudo mais falhar, samba dance.

In this case, Batucada dances... on the skin!
7.5 5.0 5.0 3.0/10

Could be from Comptoir Sud Pacifique...
L'Artisan Parfumeur BATUCADA has a distinctly vacationing-in-the-Caribbean feeling to it, so much so that I wonder whether it would not fit in better among the Comptoir Sud Pacifique line-up. I smell a big blast of bad cocktail evaporating in an abandoned glass at a sidewalk café near the seashore. Rum is a key note, to my nose.

Apparently that was the point of BATUCADA, judging from the text on the manufacturer's carded sample:

"L'effervescence et le rythme de Rio. Vibrant, joyeux, sensuel."

I'd add to that series: drunk and in desperate need of a shower.

BATUCADA is a fairly lively brew for L'Artisan Parfumeur, but it seems like a novelty scent to me, something that belongs in an aluminum can and can be tossed into one's luggage on a whim before embarking on a weekend trip to somewhere near the Equator where rum runs fast and free.

In all honesty, I cannot imagine wanting to smell like this. Désolée.

Jazzy76 17 months ago
A very particular but quite good Exotic scent dominated by the lime , but made warmer by the flowery heart and the base notes.I like it.+3
6.0