Côte d'Amour by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Côte d'Amour is a perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur for women and men and was released in 2009. The scent is fresh-woody. The production was apparently discontinued.

Céline Ellena

Top Notes Top NotesGreen mandarin, Pink grapefruit, Rosemary, Salt
Heart Notes Heart NotesDune flower, Broom, Coconut, Rose, Cypress
Base Notes Base NotesHeather, Broom, Pine, Driftwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 09.03.2019

The fragrance was re-released in 2013 as a limited edition.

7.5 2.5 4.0/10

Study of the Air
Côte d'Amour is a really uniqe fragrance. Quite fresh and creamy, and maybe rosemary makes it smell as paprika, but only for 1-2 minutes. The sequel stage is more impressive and sweet, even though the sillage is so weak, that my skin get pressed from my nose, if I want to feel something. I would like to feel this interesting, refreshing and thougth-provoking fragrance, but unfortunately I am glad, if it stays 2 hours long.
Some perfumes don't mind if I lay another perfume on them, and after dissipate they consider to come back for a last leer. Côte d'Amour does not belong among those perfumes, even if you pray, it will not last longer.

(I tested it from sample vial, without spray.)
2.5 7.5 7.0/10

A unique aquatic
Reading reviews prior to testing, I got the opinion that Cote d'Amour was going to be a 'straight down the line' aquatic, with all those oceanic qualities that I personally find irritating. I was really pleased to discover that this was not the case.

It does have aquatic tendencies, but it's not an aquatic in the traditional sense. At first spray it smelt like fresh, watery cucumber and pink musk sticks. Amazing combination I must say.

The sweet muskiness stays on throughout the composition, and I believe this scent is brought about by the immortelle flower, (which I have never smelt in real life). The heart introduces some unique smells like herbaceous rosemary, rich, woodsy pine, zesty grapefruit and a hint of powdery rose. The way in which they blend is almost phenomenal. If Summer always smelt like this, I swear I would enjoy the hot season more than I do.

Cote d'Amour does tend to be on the lighter side, especially more towards the drydown, however the soft sillage did not reflect the lasting strength, which lasted a good eight hours on my skin. What I thought would be a scrubber turned out to be a fragrance that I loved wearing for the rest of the day.

I give Cote d'Amour the big thumbs up for its unique composition, and another tick in the box for the way in which it kept me perplexed, yet under its spell. L'Artisan hasn't made a mistake with this fragrance, no not at all.
2.5 2.5 4.0/10

not this perfumer's best
When I first smelled the decant before putting it on, it was a pretty salty-mineral smell very similar to Ms. Ellena's earlier Sel de Vetiver. But when I put it on, it's just a pretty, gentle woody-spice scent of no particular artistry. It could easily have been concocted by someone less talented, blending essential oils at home. Most perfumes last very well on me, but this is gone in less than an hour. I want to like these "natural" perfumes, but perhaps I've been spoiled by the artificial ones? If this sort of thing interests you, go for her gorgeous Sel de Vetiver (The Different Company) instead. (090609)