L'Été en DouceExtrait de Songe (2005)

L'Été en Douce / Extrait de Songe by L'Artisan Parfumeur

L'Été en Douce is a perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur for women and was released in 2005. The scent is green-floral. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesPeppermint, Rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesGreen hay, Linden blossom, Orange blossom water
Base Notes Base NotesBlond wood, Osier, White musk

Submitted by Andi136, last update on 10.08.2019

The fragrance was first released as Extrait de Songe. After a supposed trademark dispute with Annick Goutal, it was re-released as L'Été en Douce shortly after.

8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Sweet dreams...
...I didn't have last night, because my girlfriend liked to call at 4:21 a.m. - for no good reason.

I am also often sleepless - with the boredom that goes with it, but then I reach for a book, or for the remote control.
Or I could sit at the piano and think with my fingers.
Husband and dog sleep all the deeper.
Kommis can also be written well at night.
I'd never think of actively awakening anyone.
And I don't like being awake alone either.

So I then took L artisan's dream extract and found my way back to the dream world.
The fine scented web of peppermint and rose has a clarifying and soothing effect at the same time.
The hay note leads me mentally into our stables, where my dear horse companions snort and doze.
A place of peace and tranquillity.
The light wood reflects the horse boxes and the mild orange blossom water emphasizes the gentleness of the horses.
I realize again how naturally considerate animals are.

And this is also how the fragrance works - naturally and considerately.

These thoughts led me back to sleep - which was suddenly interrupted in the early morning by the well-known alarm system.

Of course the L artisan is not to blame for this, because he weighed me in very well beforehand.

But against shrill alarm systems no herb and no smell has grown.
4.0 4.0 8.5/10

the 80th birthday
It's only been a few days since we celebrated my father-in-law's 80th birthday in the Odenwald.
Actually they live in the Sauerland, my parents-in-law, but the children and grandchildren are scattered all over the country; a part of the family lives far down in Bolzano, in South Tyrol - and thus all had to cover approximately the same distance, my father-in-law decided to put the celebration in the Odenwald, the place where he happened to be stranded less than a year ago, on a trip somewhere else entirely.
And where he liked it so much that he simply stayed there, there in the rich, deep green, in the dreamlike beautiful little towns with their medieval buildings and the truly hearty people who looked closely at who stood before them and whose laughter always shone out of their eyes.
There he wanted to celebrate his birthday, the first with the eight in front, in the big circle of the family - and so we found ourselves one from east and west, from north and south in a tiny little place far out in the country, five houses big, maybe one more.

We sat under vine leaves and shady trees in the small beer garden of the house, in our nose the scent of acacias and freshly cut hay - it was hot, much too hot for the end of May, everything smelled much stronger than we had ever smelled it in this season.
Bees staggered around, drunk with nectar and warmth, a bush of peonies close to the house stood in full bloom.
We drank cool white and tart apple wine, the children lemon spritzer with fresh mint.

Opposite was a wide meadow that gently rose to an old tree, a cherry tree, as big and beautiful as I had never seen one before.
Someone had made hay that day, which now rested in long, thick rows, piled up and as soft "as our bed," as Grete said, the little blonde with the constantly babbling mouth.
We fell into this sweet, gentle, crackling, dusty soft that carried the scents of first grasses, small flowers, warm earth and the sun of long days, mixed with the smell of our skin, a little moist, well creamed and clean.

We watched as the sun set far back among the trees, the dense ones that mixed in the deciduous and coniferous forest, saw the sky turn purple, pink and apricot.
Around us fine haze rose from the ground, delicate and feathery - cool and silver-green he lay down on the skin, on the sunny hot, curled the hair of the children, who, not tired at all, played catch, ghosts played in the twilight, which quietly became deeper, while the coolness stroked around the heads.
"Look, a violet!"
Big-eyed, seriously looked at by the youngest, just two and city child through and through, sniffing up at the little nose and held in the little hand, while the little head finally sank to my shoulder.
And the birthday boy sat next to me, smiling, quietly - eighty years old and his eyes still so young.

Days later - I'm home again long ago, a sample rolls into my hand.
"L'Été en Douce" is on the label.
I spray, take a breath - and lie again in the Odenwald in the hay
10.0/10

Helpful Review
Snuggly Soft
Powdery, puffy, soapy, minty and soft. Oui- en douce, c'est vrai! This is so clean and light it is the perfect scent for interviews, Sunday brunch with the In-Laws, sailing and other miscellaneous fluffy events. In L'Été en Douce you will find peace and quiet- as if Ava Maria was put on auto replay and everything just remained perfectly still, unsoiled and soapy. Dirty and sexy is not even in my vocabulary. This is in no way a detractor for me as an admitted soapy-scent lover, the depth and Sillage on L'Été en Douce is worthy of the L'Artisan bottle. The bottle is of course a gorgeous octagonal art piece in itself- I think every one should have at least one on their dresser, IMHO. L'Été en Douce will appeal to you if you like fragrances such as Jessica McClintock, Summer Rain by Crab Tree & Evelyn and Library of Flowers Linden Blossom Fragrance. Light, innocent, fresh and low sillage, but enduring for 4-6 hours. There was a scent back when I was a child. by Avon called "Almost Innocence", this reminds me of that scent as it dries down and fades into my memory. Perfect for the office, the boardroom or snuggling with the giant Winnie-the-Poo-Bear. Not a dazzler, but a pleasant trusted companion.
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Spring days and freshly washed linen
L'Ete en Douce is one of the nicest Spring appropriate florals I've smelt in recent years. There is something truly likable about it. I can't help enjoying the way it smells on my skin.

The opening is the perfect blend of sweet and moist orange blossom and linden blossom, with an enticing note of fresh mint. It's a happy and delicate fragrance with feminine written all over it.

The overall feel is light and breezy. The white floral aspect is watered down, so it smells more clean rather than heavy or creamy. Gentle aromas of hay, grass and rose provide a natural and very Spring-like sensation that I can't help but admire.

Towards the base, L'Ete en Douce takes on a crisp soapiness with a touch of musk. It does have a slight laundry detergent smell, but on this particular occasion, it doesn't bother me.

Thankfully this fragrance is lasting despite its watery softness and delicacy. I feel instantly refreshed when wearing L'Ete en Douce, so I do not hesitate in recommending this fragrance whole-heartedly to floral lovers or niche enthusiasts.

Frozen Crystal Waters...
Can you imagine yourself bathing under the frozen, crystal waters of a sparkling waterfall?..

If no, then L'artisan once again achieves the desired effect.
L'ete en Douce is exactly what you need to get transported in this refreshing paradise!

In the beginning, the first spray might hit you in the face with it sharp and a bit medical aspect, but that phase doesn't last long. According to my nose Linden tree along with a generous portion of musk is the one to give that flowery cold feeling. A hint of mint blends perfectly with the orange blossom which adds a slight sweetness to the whole composition.
L'ete en Douce finishing it development as a clean, musky-woody perfume that plays a safe, gentle game on you skin, especially in summertime.

Excellent lasting power!