26 Tenebrae by L'Artisan Parfumeur

26 Tenebrae is a popular perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is green-resinous. It is being marketed by Puig.

Daphné Bugey

Forest accord, Frankincense, Resins, Plant juice

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 16.05.2019

Cambrium
Finely balanced forest freshbird that comes along quietly
Tenebrae was one of my first rehearsals after being catched by the perfume world. At first I found the scent totally hard to rate, I couldn't think of any description except that I was easily reminded of liquorice. Meanwhile I find that it has a strong recognition value and is extremely balanced. It describes a modern clean forest that is very tidy and fresh. It'd be a buy if he held out a little longer. In any case I enjoy my sample very much :)
5.0 6.0 8.0/10

Forest walk
According to the official website 26 Tenebrae (lat. 'darkness') represents a shamanic forest in which the incense is absorbed into the plant juices. "When you look up, you see isolated rays of sunlight trying to penetrate the canopy of leaves in the dark forest. Here stand hundred-year-old trees whose roots form knotty sculptures. There resin-covered tree trunks rise up to the sky."

They already have good copywriters at L'Artisan Parfumeur. I'm thinking of a Breton forest (the Paimpont forest) because that would be the geographically closest forest where I can imagine shamans, darkness and knotty roots. On the other hand, I wouldn't know why Breton shamans should burn incense. The incense in 26 Tenebrae is not very strong and certainly not sweaty. I can smell resin clearly. "Forest Chord" as a fragrance sounds very synthetic. They will hardly have distilled a cubic metre of forest into essential oil. At least this forest chord doesn't smell synthetic but strongly of moss, warm and dark green.

In the competition for the darkest forest: right arm: 26 Tenebrae, left arm: Nouvelle Collection - Bois Noir by Robert Piguet. The Bois Noir (French 'black forest') is clearly darker. 26 But Tenebrae already smells of dark forest with much moss. Only in comparison there is a lighter almost soapy note, probably the plant juices.

26 Tenebrae is actually a great dark forest stuff that can not only decorate the shaman. But durability and projection are not as good as I would like them to be in the price range. In this respect 26 Tenebrae reminds more of an Icelandic forest (I exaggerate a little). What does an Icelander do when he gets lost in the dark shamanic forest? He gets up.

I would wear 26 Tenebrae at any time of the year and I would wear it on both men and women, though perhaps not necessarily on young women. I would wear 26 Tenebrae to work, in the evening, to go out, in my spare time and also daily. I know people who do sports and when I imagine that the smell they emit when they come from sports mixes with 26 Tenebrae... so no, not to sports.

Jssfranch 2 years ago
Glorious opening. Quite linear in the order the notes are written above. 1st Forest accord, 2nd Frankincense, 3rd Resins and Sap.
10.0