32 Venenum by L'Artisan Parfumeur

32 Venenum is a popular perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-gourmand. It is being marketed by Puig.

Daphné Bugey

Bread, Milk, Chai tea, Ceylonese sandalwood, Rice

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 14.05.2019

6.0 7.0 8.5/10

In a city in India
Family tester Q was once in Pune (formerly anglised Poona) and narrowly missed the Baghwan Osho (at that time probably Acharya Rajneesh) there. But she lived at the ashram for a while. Today I tested "32 Venenum" which, according to the official website of L'Artisan Parfumeur, brings back memories of India. And I was happy to have a suitable subject. Tester M and I found "32 Venenum" super great (!) and so I ran down the stairs and held Q right after the greeting my arm under the nose. "Good morning, smell this!" At first I didn't tell her what to smell, because blind testing is much more exciting. Her first comment was, "You've had a better time." I think she's more into gourmands and greens. Which would be clear, "32 Venenum" is no gourmand at all, at least not on my skin. I then asked her directly whether the perfume smelled of India and explained the scents it contained. She said:

"We lived a little outside, but sometimes we went into town on a motorized tricycle (with 4 seats). There were flying merchants on the streets and in the cafés (tea shops) there was Chai tea, which smelled exactly the same (like "32 Venenum"). So yes, now that you say it, I can imagine India as it was then." Then she got a can of real Chai tea and let me smell it. And the Chai tea smelled like "32 Venenum" but much sweeter. Because "32 Venenum" on me is a bitter, woody scent. Then she said, "The milk makes sense, it's in the tea. Sandalwood smoke sticks were burning everywhere. Flying traders sold rice and pita bread."

I think it's great that a perfume delivers what it promises and can really bring back memories of distant places or events.

I myself found the scent a little fresh at first, but then increasingly dark and warm. Sandalwood prevails for me. The Chai tea is also very intense. I could guess milk, rice maybe, but pita bread rather not. Therefore, I would describe the fragrance as woody and spicy. The official website lists him under "woody". I don't understand why he's called "gourmand" at Parfumo. The sandalwood plate or the sandalwood smoke sticks probably none of us eats with.

The Sillage is rather modest and body-hugging, although the smell goes somewhat in the direction of "oriental" and such perfumes are often full of the firecrackers. The advantage is that you don't bother anyone with it and you could wear it at work. Shelf life is okay. I can imagine the fragrance for women of all ages, but I would say that it is something for older women. Men of any age can wear "32 Venenum". I think you can wear it on any occasion, except sports, because it's known to be murder.

I can't say anything about the bottle, because I only have one sample for now. If it's empty, it's probably gonna be expensive.

by EstherHebe