32 Venenum by L'Artisan Parfumeur
32 Venenum is a popular perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Daphné Bugey

Bread, Milk, Masala chai, Ceylonese sandalwood, Rice

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 09.07.2020.

Dry spice
From the notes I imagined it slightly differently. But then again, this is often the case, isn't it? What is on paper does not always happen on our skins I suppose.
Venenum is a wonderful mix of dry spices. Wonderful, yet somehow lacking. I did hope for more milkiness and sweetness coming from the milk, but really, there is hardly any. Milk has not really found its voice on my skin- I can smell a lot of spicy notes: pepper, cardamon, cinnamon, ginger, star anise. And a fresher tea note goes through it. It reminds me a bit of Jaisalmer minus the incense, and SL Arabie- they share the dryness of the freshly ground spice.
I suppose if it was sweeter, it would be more alike Artisan's own Poivre Piquant, and therefore be redundant in the lineup, but I still wish it had more of a sweeter touch to it to break through the powderiness of the spice.
I am a bit on the fence about it, I admire it and wear it gladly, but yearn for more depth.
The bottle however is stunning. The scent lasts long and projectspretty well. Definitely one to try!
In a city in India
Family tester Q was once in Pune (formerly anglised Poona) and narrowly missed the Baghwan Osho (at that time probably Acharya Rajneesh) there. But she lived at the ashram for a while. Today I tested "32 Venenum" which, according to the official website of L'Artisan Parfumeur, brings back memories of India. And I was happy to have a suitable subject. Tester M and I found "32 Venenum" super great (!) and so I ran down the stairs and held Q right after the greeting my arm under the nose. "Good morning, smell this!" At first I didn't tell her what to smell, because blind testing is much more exciting. Her first comment was, "You've had a better time." I think she's more into gourmands and greens. Which would be clear, "32 Venenum" is no gourmand at all, at least not on my skin. I then asked her directly whether the perfume smelled of India and explained the scents it contained. She said:

"We lived a little outside, but sometimes we went into town on a motorized tricycle (with 4 seats). There were flying merchants on the streets and in the cafés (tea shops) there was Chai tea, which smelled exactly the same (like "32 Venenum"). So yes, now that you say it, I can imagine India as it was then." Then she got a can of real Chai tea and let me smell it. And the Chai tea smelled like "32 Venenum" but much sweeter. Because "32 Venenum" on me is a bitter, woody scent. Then she said, "The milk makes sense, it's in the tea. Sandalwood smoke sticks were burning everywhere. Flying traders sold rice and pita bread."

I think it's great that a perfume delivers what it promises and can really bring back memories of distant places or events.

I myself found the scent a little fresh at first, but then increasingly dark and warm. Sandalwood prevails for me. The Chai tea is also very intense. I could guess milk, rice maybe, but pita bread rather not. Therefore, I would describe the fragrance as woody and spicy. The official website lists him under "woody". I don't understand why he's called "gourmand" at Parfumo. The sandalwood plate or the sandalwood smoke sticks probably none of us eats with.

The Sillage is rather modest and body-hugging, although the smell goes somewhat in the direction of "oriental" and such perfumes are often full of the firecrackers. The advantage is that you don't bother anyone with it and you could wear it at work. Shelf life is okay. I can imagine the fragrance for women of all ages, but I would say that it is something for older women. Men of any age can wear "32 Venenum". I think you can wear it on any occasion, except sports, because it's known to be murder.

I can't say anything about the bottle, because I only have one sample for now. If it's empty, it's probably gonna be expensive.

by EstherHebe
by EstherHebe

Popular L'Artisan Parfumeur

Timbuktu by L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau du Caporal by L'Artisan Parfumeur Fou d'Absinthe by L'Artisan Parfumeur Bucoliques de Provence by L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau d'Ambre Extrême by L'Artisan Parfumeur Mon Numéro 10 by L'Artisan Parfumeur Tea for Two by L'Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse aux Papillons (Eau de Toilette) by L'Artisan Parfumeur Safran Troublant by L'Artisan Parfumeur Œillet Sauvage by L'Artisan Parfumeur Vanille Absolument / Havana Vanille by L'Artisan Parfumeur Cœur de Vétiver Sacré by L'Artisan Parfumeur Dzongkha by L'Artisan Parfumeur Nuit de Tubéreuse by L'Artisan Parfumeur Noir Exquis by L'Artisan Parfumeur Premier Figuier (Eau de Toilette) by L'Artisan Parfumeur Aedes de Venustas by L'Artisan Parfumeur Bois Farine by L'Artisan Parfumeur Traversée du Bosphore by L'Artisan Parfumeur Drôle de Rose by L'Artisan Parfumeur