Nuit de Tubéreuse (2010)

Nuit de Tubéreuse by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Nuit de Tubéreuse is a perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur for women and was released in 2010. The scent is floral-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesAngelica, Cardamom, Cascarilla, Mandarin, Pepper, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesMango, Orange blossom, Rose, Furze, Tuberose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Clove, Musk, Rosewood, Sandalwood, Styrax

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 03.02.2019

8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Annarosa
From discomfort to love: a great L'Artisan
Perfumes with tuberose as a note have always aroused my curiosity. Finally I got the opportunity to test "Nuit de Tubereuse" in more detail.
What do you want me to say? In the beginning, it wasn't love. The first hours the Pafrum smells for me predominantly sugary-sweet (like incompletely dissolved granulated sugar feeling) flowery mixed with very clear sounds of alcohol (spiritus) - somehow unbalanced the whole thing and very alcohol-lossy like some male Eau de Colone from earlier. But also not uninteresting, especially as it becomes more and more round, bitter and less sugary with time. Now you can sniff out tuberose. This bitter-sweet tuberoid phase lasts several hours on the skin and remains intense. I have to say that the fragrance is very persistent - it lasts all day on the skin without losing much intensity - this is very unusual for a L'Artisan fragrance, most of which evaporate quite quickly as you know!
I like the drydown the best, though. At the end of the day, the fragrance becomes increasingly bitter-powdery and then slightly sweetish-creamy (perhaps with benzoin and sandalwood) - a very traveling, beautiful finish. You can only love this base!
The fragrance is definitely unisex for me, has a course and with this price-performance ratio you can't do much wrong. But you should definitely test it.

Fabirss
Too peppery for my taste
As a sucker for tuberose, I added Nuit de Tubereuse to my wish list and waited patiently for a bottle to show up on these lands, for L'Artisan Parfumeur doesn't sell in local shops where I live and buying online would mean paying four times the retail price due to taxes and currency exchange rates. So I couldn't be more thrilled when I found a 30 ml for sale online from a fellow traveler for a very reasonable price. Having read many reviews about NdT, I thought its peppery aspect could be challenging, but believed I could get past the initial blast and enjoy the rest of the composition. Silly me. The harsh peppery opening accompanied the fragrance from top to bottom and although it lost some of its potency within the passing of time, it was still a shy tuberose lying in a pool of pepper. I tried NdT both in colder and warmer weather, but my efforts were useless. The heat would give the tuberose some room to develop, but still it wasn't enough to make me like the entire composition, which felt watery, spicy and much more masculine than feminine. So I bid NdT adieu and the bottle went straight to my son's closet. And believe me: NdT smells divine on him!
7.0/10

Nuit de Santal, More Like
Unimpressive screetchy synthetic sandalwood takes over this beautiful tuberose and I am very sad and slightly annoyed. This is not bad if you are after a sandalwood with some florality. Ylang and orange blossom provide a soft feminine almost APOMish middle note. Sillage is quite soft and this is wearable but forgettable. 4/10 for Creativity, 4/10 for Sillage, 4/10 for Longevity.
7.0/10

Nice, but bad timing
This fragrance had the bad luck of arriving at the same time my first Fueguia 1833 did--Otro Poema de los Dones, Forgetting notes and gender labels, it's among the most beautiful perfumes I've ever smelled. In simple mercy, I'm sharing it with hubby. Tonight, at best, Nuit de Tubereuse can only hope to be an also-ran. Like most L'Artisans it's a nice scent. I just don't remember now why I wanted it, especially with the intoxicating smell of Timbuktu still in my mind. Perhaps I'm gravitating more to unisex perfumes these days. Woods and resins really appeal. Though Musk, Rosewood and Sandalwood are lovely in the base, these florals are a bit gentle and the spice not so spicy. But perhaps I need to try Nuit de Tubereuse again on another day when I don't have the most glorious woods imaginable wafting up from my left hand.

6/28/15
I've been wearing this all day, determined to discover what I originally liked about it. It never rose above a skin scent--a mildly pleasant one, but nothing to do an FB about, IMO. Especially not when the memory of a brief whiff of Jo Malone's Tuberose Angelica is still on my mind, eight days later. Must get a sample.
7.5 5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Not for the diva
I'm a self-diagnosed tuberose addict: I've looked up all the symptoms up on the internet and I'm sure I have the disease. Early on in my perfuming, I was on a quest to own all the tuberose big names out there and for some reason I put Nuit de Tubereuse on my list. After trying out all of the REALLY big tuberose divas on the market I have come to the sad conclusion that I am not really a diva.

I have all of 0% diva in my personality. I consider myself pretty rational and level headed (except when it comes to blind-buying) and I am drawn to perfumes that I can realistically wear to any occasion. NdT pretty much fits the bill. So, you would think that as a tuberose lover and a lover of versatile perfumes that I would be magnetically pulled to NdT like I was Diptyque Do Son!

Never blind buy kids.

I think NdT has mislead itself into thinking it's a tuberose fragrance... a better name would be Nuit de Pepper(?) la Fleur Blanc = Pepper and White flowers at Night. I do like it in the same way I like syrupy florals, but I would have not purchased 100mL of the EdP if I knew that it wasn't really tuberose themed. However I do recommend taking a sniff if you happen to chance upon it... it sure is interesting.
4.0/10

Nuit de Tubereuse = Dzongkha + Timbuktu + tuberose
Nuit de Tubereuse is a combination of accords from Dzongkha & Timbuktu with tuberose added in.

Take the cardamom , pink pepper and mango from Timbuktu, add to it the white tea and incense from Dzonka and finally some plastic'y tuberose. That is Nuit de Tubereuse.

But tuberose is dense and concentrated. Not loud by any means but solid in structure.
It's as if the tuberose essential oil was left on a Petri dish for a few days. And the dense tuberose oil that hadn't evaporated was used in Nuit de Tubereuse.

Now that's not a bad thing if you don't already own either Timbuktu or Dzongkha.

But , if like me, you do , then Nuit de Tubereuse feels redundant. The tuberose note in NdT does not carry the perfume alone. The two borrowed accords are as prominent, if not more prominent,than the tuberose note.

A good perfume but blatant accord borrowing is frowned upon. Especially from the skilled Mr.Duchafour.
7.5 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Divine tuberose
Strangely enough I love white florals, yet I have a hard time finding a fragrance which does this genre justice. Nuit de Tubereuse is possibly the best tuberose inspired perfume that I have smelt in a long time.

I had no intention of testing this fragrance until a knowledgeable sales assistant urged me to try it. I was very impressed with its simplicity and strength. The tuberose in Nuit de Tubereuse is deep, naturally sweet and nicely balanced. Mango and pepper add some complexity to the composition, but never smother the beautiful white floral accords.

I was quite taken by Nuit de Tubereuse's elegance and femininity. In some ways, this is a rather straight-forward white floral. It's slightly buttery and green, but is nowhere near as bold as Fracas, or as green as Carnal Flower. Perhaps I have fallen for this fragrance simply because it does not try to be anything other than soft, white tuberose.

Before the tuberose can become too tropical or too damp, the pepper note adds a lovely touch. The pepper is not so easy to detect straight away, yet once the scent settles into the heart, its presence is more well known. The sandalwood and vanilla notes however, keeps Nuit de Tubereuse smelling smooth and balanced.

This fragrance carries an aura of sensuality, like a little naughty flash of skin every now and then. I love how enveloping and rich this fragrance is on the skin. Occasionally it makes me feel like a bit of a femme fatale. However, despite its sexual nature, Nuit de Tubereuse can be conservative too.

The longevity and sillage are superb, and I must point out that this fragrance is an EDP. The price may be a little bit deterring, but in my personal opinion it's worth it in the long run. Nuit de Tubereuse is more of a cold weather scent for me, yet I totally recommend trying it in Spring to experience its more tropical and fruity facets.
10.0 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

Spicy tuberose
It is really interesting, just because I am not a tuberose fan (maybe from now I will). But in this fragrance, the tuberose accord so natural and smooth, and the whole parfume is so well-balanced, it is hard to not love it! This perfume is not a "regular" tuberose perfume, uncommon mango-cardamon accord among the head notes, and a tones of pepper, which made the fragrance so peculiar.

For me a pleasant surprise and love at first sniff.
10.0 7.5 5.0 7.0/10

Njdeb
Sheer Tuberose (and more)
I find this to really be more of a multi-floral bouquet than a strictly tuberose scent. I actually get close to as much orange flower here as tuberose. This orange flower component gives the scent a sunny, friendly and approachable feel and lightens up the headier aspects of the tuberose and ylang ylang notes. In this way, Nuit de Tubereuse shares some similarities with Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger, another sun-drenched tuberose/orange flower combo.

Rose makes a showing here too - but more in the way of a sweet, lightly-spiced pink rose than a deep dark red rose. In general, I find this perfume light-hearted and fresh, something I wouldn't typically expect from a tuberose scent. It has a sheerness that brings to mind the sort of scents Jo Malone produces (unfortunately, longevity is also on a par with Jo Malone scents).

This is an easy-to-like tuberose, even if you typically find the scent of tuberose overbearing. Here, it is not at all heady and thick like Fracas or intensely radiant like Carnal Flower. The tuberose in Nuit de Tubereuse is almost light and breezy - the word transparent comes to mind. Also, unlike Carnal Flower and Fracas, I find this tuberose very daytime and office appropriate.

Personally, I would prefer a stronger tuberose presence than this scent provides. Still, if you're looking to add a tuberose perfume to your collection and don't like the straight-on heady aroma of the flower, Nuit de Tubereuse is worth a try.

by Angua