Tea for Two by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Tea for Two is a popular perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur for women and men and was released in 2000. The scent is spicy-smoky. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Gentian, Orange blossom, Star anise
Heart Notes Heart NotesCinnamon, Ginger, Lapsang Souchong tea
Base Notes Base NotesTobacco, Honey, Vanilla, Gaiac wood

Submitted by Schnuffi, last update on 02.10.2019

The scent was re-released in 2014.

8.5/10

Pretty spiced tea
I've had Tea for two in my collection for some years now and I've come to love it dearly though I just liked it at first. It starts full of bitter bergamot, spices and ginger. The tea is there from the beginning but it gets my full attention once the opening notes settle a little. Then tobacco, vanilla and honey enter the stage. Finally a bit of dark leather joins them all for a more than perfect dry down. The longevity isn't bad and though I used to think the sillage wasn't that good, I've been getting lots of unexpected compliments while wearing it lately. True is a bit sweet but not as much as so many popular mainstream new perfumes recently launched for both men and women, and this one has an evolution and uniqueness that most gourmands lack of. In fact, I don't really think of it as a gourmand but as a tea centred perfume. My other favourite tea scent is another L'artisan parfumeur perfume: Coeur de Vetiver Sacre and they are both works by very interesting female perfumers.

Meh...
I had some expectations about this, as I really love tea, but as for tobacco (which I love, too), this is just another disappointment. I may be wrong or used to the wrong kind of teas, but I really don’t see how one could buy this cheap, synthetic, subtly (but I admit, pleasantly) zesty musky-spicy blend with a massive synthetic tobacco base for a “lapsang blend”. Or a tea blend of any kind, unless you reference tea is in your office’s vending machine. It isn’t dramatically bad, but it’s just a fairly cheap, extremely linear and massively uninspired sort of sweetish mish-mash between Gucci pour Homme II, Tobacco Vanille and Bvlgari Black and/or Céline pour Homme, in a clumsy attempt to rip-off Annick Menardo’s style and fondness for dry, smoky, elusively Oriental “weightless” textures (not the first time I notice this “talent” of the Queen of hipster parfumistas – Olivia Giacobetti). Again, just to be clear, it smells decent, but it’s really a depressing department store kind of decent. If you want a sweet tobacco, then stick to the plethora of cheap clones of Tobacco Vanille; if you want some versatile masculine tea-infused scent, the immensely richer, more compelling and more quality Gucci pour Homme II is there for you, and it’s still the nicest “tea-inspired” scent I’ve ever tried.

You know that joke: “when I went to parties and then people said things like «there was two or three people», I always was «or three»” - that’s Tea for Two. A flat bit of this, a bit of that, mediocrely diluted with zero inspiration and zero creativity. Last but not least, with a crap longevity. Meh.

5/10
5.0 5.0 7.5 10.0/10

MasterLi
Wonderful stuff! A classic!
Tea for Two is a wonderfully fresh and spicy smoky tea fragrance. Very beautiful smoked tea with honey, vanilla, spices (including star anise, cinnamon & ginger), leather, a hint of bergamot... and even a little gingerbread! it's a wonderfully warm, cosy fragrance which I like very much.

It as a spicy aromatic opening of fresh bergamot & zingy star anise... before the spicy, smoky tea with honey gets there, and stays like that throughout the rest of the fragrance, before finally drying down to a leather and spiced vanilla tobacco with honey at the end. Just beautiful!

It's like drinking your favourite black tea (or spiced tea, like chai) with honey and gingerbread biscuits, on a warm sofa by the fire. A really warm & lovely feeling. The good news is that it's back (after it was discontinued for a couple of years), and it's easily one of the nicest fragrances out there! A perfect for the colder months. Love it!
9.0/10

Comfort Frag...
Sigh...

Along with Safran Troublant, another unisex comfort frag from LA. If you love ST, you'll certainly enjoy this as well.

Reflexively, if you love this, you owe it to yourself to give Safran Troublant a try too. From an emotional standpoint they are two beautiful but non-identical twins.

So if you need not to be challenged, but put to rest and set at ease instead, a couple of delightful types for this form of true contentment from L'Artisan.
7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Not just tea
Tea for Two, is thankfully not all about the tea. I had a great fear that it would turn out like Bvlgari's Eau Parfumee au The Rouge, which is the closest thing to rich, black tea that I've ever come across.

L'Artisan's Tea for Two opens quite spicy and leathery. I immediately detected a hint of steamy warmth, the sensual kind which suits both men and women. It was cozy, dark, intense and in some instances, a little tobacco-like.

I didn't sense the tea note until the heart, which takes on a less foody role and more aromatic when blended with the smokey spices. There's also a touch of sweetness in this composition, kind of like a drizzle of honey in a cup of chai tea.

The vanilla in the drydown, when blended with the spices, reminds me of a softer, more feminine version of Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille. It has that familiar rich and sensual aroma, that while unisex, makes me feel like a confident, sexy woman.

I kind of avoided this fragrance because of the tea reference. I can only stomach green tea, and even still it's not my drink of choice. People in the same vote should not disregard this fragrance. It's perfect for those who love bold, spicy, slightly masculine, smokey and exotic fragrances.

Tea for Two is romantic, a little old-fashioned and rather unique. I love how special this smells on my skin. It's just the scent to wear on a cold, rainy day as it gives me that feeling of being warm, regal and classy.
5.0 6.0/10

Njdeb
Great tea note, but a bit too heavy on the spices
This starts like a spicy chai tea minus the milk and sweetness. There is a hint of smokiness to the scent, and the emphasis is on the "hot" spices, like ginger and pepper.

The tea note is very realistic and reminds me of a long-steeped, tannin-rich, black tea. After ten minutes or so, the honey note becomes apparent to sweeten the brew up a bit. I really don't pick up much vanilla.

Tea for Two is nothing like most of the popular tea scents on the market today (ie. Bvlgari and Elizabeth Arden). Unlike these lighter, citrusy green tea perfumes, this is definately a cold weather scent.

Honestly, I'm not sure if this is for me. While I do like the dry smoky aspect, the spiciness is a tad heavy-handed for my liking.

Also, surprisingly for a perfume that starts out so strongly, longevity is only so-so
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

beautiful spicy tea
The first few times I tried it, T42 was just smoky, with no nuances. When my nose adapted to it, I fell in love. Now, it makes me think of an orange-red-brown ombre teacup (does such a thing exist?) of spicy chai with a sugar cube dissolving in it. It's in the same league with the wonderful Une Crime Exotique by Parfumerie Generale, though it has a bit more smoke and less sugar. I wear it to bed in depths of winter. Yum. (042609)
7.0/10

Cozy Spice Scent
Ginger cinnamon and spices...such a woody perfume...strong and different .then the stroll;the metamorphorsis ...warm smoky vanilla until it faints away..great silage and longevity,too!
Cozy like you are sitting in front of a smoky fireplace in a cold ,dark winter night!

by AromaX