Dolcelisir 2010

Dolcelisir by L'Erbolario
Dolcelisir is a popular perfume by L'Erbolario for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is gourmand-sweet. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
CaramelCaramel
OrangeOrange
RumRum
Heart Notes Heart NotesElderflowerElderflower
JasmineJasmine
Cocoa powderCocoa powder
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
RoseRose
MossMoss
PatchouliPatchouli
Tonka beanTonka bean
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Antoine, last update on 11.10.2021.

The well-being elixir
[short review]
An elixir (a word derived from the Arabic الإكسير or Al-Ikseer) is a preparation containing an active ingredient dissolved in a solution with a certain percentage of alcohol. The most famous elixir in history was created by Giuseppe Balsamo, known as "Count Alessandro Cagliostro", an 18th-century traveller, occultist, alchemist, healer, hypnotist and freemason. This adventurer, also known as Count Felix, Marquis of Pellegrini and Prince of Trapenzut, was an intelligent and charismatic charlatan. He claimed to be able to cure all kinds of diseases and, like any good alchemist, to turn metals into gold and become invisible. He committed his first crimes in Palermo, his home town, where he turned out to be a skilled forger. When his activities became too notorious, he was forced to emigrate to Egypt. Later, at the age of 25, he married a 15-year-old girl in Italy. She was the daughter of a humble artisan in Rome and had started working as a prostitute. Over the years he made friends with the true king of impostors and charlatans, the Count of Saint-Germain. From him, he inherited the formula of the "elixir of eternal youth", with which one could live up to two thousand years. In one of his pamphlets entitled "Secret of Regeneration or Physical Perfection", he recommended that people retire to the countryside, follow a diet for a month and take the appropriate doses of his miracle elixir. As soon as the fevers, delirium, hair loss and periodontitis were overcome, one should take a good hot bath. In this way, the patient should be rejuvenated by 50 years. He died in Rome in 1795, at the age of 52. He had to appear before St. Mary's Church in penitential clothing and renounce all his sins and errors. However, he was not forgiven. As a result, he was imprisoned in the fortress of San Leone in Urbino, where he was finally strangled in his cell. Fortunately, people are no longer strangled today for making and selling unusual elixirs. At least I hope they don't!

The proposed Dolcelisir is a remarkable safe elixir even if you are not going to live longer just by using it. To me, it is a tonka bean elixir lightly infused with rum and flowers. Its amber facet is very pleasant and neither too strong nor overly sweet.
The tonka bean originates from the Amazon rainforest and offers a sweet scent with notes of almond, caramel, vanilla, cinnamon and tobacco. Besides the coumarin ingredient (tonka), the addition of these individual notes to this fragrance only reinforces my opinion of it smelling like a tonka elixir.
It starts with a caramel cherry-cola and rum accord that is eerily similar to Raghba Wood Intense. Over time it becomes more reminiscent of Hermessence Ambre Narguilé but probably less ambery and less sweet. It evolves into a narcotic amber blend with cinnamon, vanilla and bitter almond, without losing its alcoholic, caramelised accord. Although not listed, the base recalls a cherry tobacco note. The Hermés-like scent now also reminds me of A*Men Pure Havane.
It doesn't perform particularly well and you have to re-spray to get a full day's wear out of it. As for the scent, it gives off an above-average quality feeling. It is a natural treat for lovers of not overly sweet amber scents.
As one should expect from a natural cosmetics brand, the presentation is quite simple. The same look and feel is shared by fragrances from L'Occitane and sometimes The Body Shop.
My overall impression of this fragrance is that you get a mix of different oriental scents in a single bottle, with the easy recall to Hermessence Ambre Narguilé predominating. However, the value for money is remarkable considering I got a 50ml bottle for €15. It is quite safe to recommend it as a blind buy... and that's what I've done!

Music: Roger Daltrey - It's A Hard Life
PatrickStar
As chance would have it...
I discovered Dolcelisir more by chance. He was on the watch list for a while until I decided to buy him. Another blind buy, but at that price? You can take a chance without feeling guilty. Okay, the time of year doesn't fit now, but more about that right now.

He arrived at my parents' house. So my sister should get the task to unpack him and test him, and then tell me what he is like in her eyes.
She described him to me as cinnamon, vanilla, Christmassy. She could also perceive the spices. She had Christmas and Christmas market in mind.
Today he stood in my office.

In joyful anticipation and also with a little skepticism whether I would like him, I tested him.
First a sprayer on a cloth.
Exactly the same thoughts as my sister shot through my mind.
It opens quite intense with the rum note of caramel and a little bit of orange.
The rum note is not too alcoholic.
In the further process it is somewhat difficult for me to smell out the individual ingredients. I notice the cinnamon, the vanilla and in the background the cocoa. So after two hours it actually smells like apple pie with cinnamon on top - that was to be read here already some times - but later the apple changes to a cherry pie, warm and fresh from the oven. He's getting smooth, I think Tonka might be responsible for that? In the base, all the notes fit together well. The sweet note is not too sweet and also not the one that causes a headache.

He smells fucking good!!
In between I caught myself again and again as I had to sniff the cloth :)
The right test is more suitable for the colder seasons.
Now briefly to what I had mentioned above, the season:
The user Puderduft18 had also tested it at warmer temperatures, so I thought I'd just do that.
And what can I say? It works, one should only pay as much attention as possible with the dosage! A sprayer on the neck or wrist is sufficient and it accompanies you gently over a long period of time without exertion or nerves. Everything comes across very natural as I think.

A great fragrance!
Certainly not necessarily for every day, but for gourmet lovers really a tip!

At a moderate dosage it can also be worn by men
BartS
Christmas market in a bottle
27 degrees is certainly not the best temperature to test such a heavyweight. But if I ever see him in a shop, I don't miss the chance. So then 2 spray blasts landed on my arm.

I don't know the scent of Hermes, but Oajan from Parfums de Marly, which is mentioned in the same breath, does. Yes, Dolcelisir comes very close. The same honey-cinnamon accord with lots of vanilla and almond. A wonderful scent that is so opulent that one can satisfy the desire for sweet things just by smelling it. The whole composition looks like pastry in the sense of cakes or cookies. To which candied sins, which are obligatory on every fairground visit, are added. Only that they don't land on the hips here. Unfortunately, I don't tolerate such sweet bombs as well as I used to. Maybe that goes along with getting older, that you don't want so much and often sweet things. D

For people who like gourmand and sweet scents, actually a must! If only because of the price.

SamuelGustav
Apple pie with cinnamon and rum
Lovely quality and fragrance, very unisex. I get like an apple pie with cinnamon and rum over an amber base, and yes, it's it is as delicious as it sounds!
Best part beside the price it's they also do soap and body cream. I'm quite liking this brand.

ScentedSalon
How good can you smell?!
This is incredible: bright, punch-in-the-nose rum opening, all caramelly sweetness on top with a delicious, mouthwatering middle of pure candy bliss. When someone smells you from the other room and inhales your scent for at least 6 deep breaths, you know you have a winner. Vanilla mixes up the drydown. Pure heaven.

This perfume smells almost exactly like Note Vanillee but a little bit brighter, juicier, and much less expensive. At first I thought the sillage and longevity were poor but it really depends on the day and the wearer. I cannot recommend this perfume enough, for gourmand lovers especially.

Dolcelisir
It's incredible how good this fragrance smell for only 27 euros/100ml!

A delicious boozy gourmand blend, perfectly unisex, easy to wear and very addictive. It reminds me a bit of Pure Havane, but I dare to say Dolcelisir is better.

If you live in Italy, you love gourmand fragrances, and you never tried this, then RUN to the nearest L'Erbolario store! You can thank me later. =)

Fantastic performances on my skin, lots of compliments, and is so affordable, almost too good to be true. But it is!

Cumulnimbus
Sweet, dry, nice and accessible
I'm absolutely in love with this scent. I came to it as a lot of people mentioned it was a possible alternative to Ambre Narguile and though it isn't really equal to it, I find it beautiful in its own. I can't get enough of its drydown, on my skin it is warm (amber, tonka, benzoin and vanilla with a slight animalic end that makes it addictive) and spicy (cinnamon is there all the way), sweet (cacao and caramel) and dry (immortelle). The top notes don't stay too long on me, I like the sweet rum mix with just some orange peel. It seems to just disappear for a while after this first phase to come in again in a deep way with a quick transition of the middle to base note. The flower notes must be there but I'm not picking any individually.

It is very long lasting and polite enough in terms of sillage.

All in all a very nice and affordable scent and though warm, it does behave during fall and spring as well as during winter.

boozy vanilla
It's a dry, spicy, boozy vanilla/caramel combination. It's nowhere as gourmand as L de Lolita, yes I agree it's a smoky relation to Tea for Two by L'artisan, I find it less sweet in a good way as compared to SDV by Guerlain but I think Mona di Orio did a better dry vanilla. There is a harshness around the edges of this beauty, it isn't as refined as SDV or Mona's Vanille but at this price, they shouldn't be compared. Sillage is good, about an arm's length but longevity could be alot better, I'm getting maybe three hours maximum before this becomes a skin scent. All in all, I'm happy with this different take on an oriental vanilla.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 26 days ago
A natural treat for lovers of not overly sweet amber scents. Cinnamon, Rum, Tonka, Bitter Almond, Vanilla and pipe tobacco finishing. Yummy!
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
A true delight: sweet-sugary with spicy accents and a touch of rum. Unfortuantely too evanescent on my skin. The perfect fall-winter scent
ElysiumElysium 6 years ago
Imagine to plunge into a cocktail's pool, a delicious bittersweet mix of brown sugar and rum wraps all your body, soul and mind. I love it!

by Undsoweiter
by EvaK
by Delidazo87
by Delidazo87

Popular L'Erbolario

Méharées by L'Erbolario Ginepro Nero (Profumo) by L'Erbolario Frescaessenza by L'Erbolario Accordo Viola by L'Erbolario Ibisco by L'Erbolario Ortensia by L'Erbolario Ambraliquida by L'Erbolario Hedera by L'Erbolario Ombra di Tiglio by L'Erbolario Papavero Soave by L'Erbolario Mandorla by L'Erbolario Iris by L'Erbolario Assenzio by L'Erbolario all'Olio di Argan by L'Erbolario Primaverde by L'Erbolario Fior di Salina by L'Erbolario Accordo Arancio by L'Erbolario Corteccia by L'Erbolario Lillà Lillà by L'Erbolario Legni Fruttati by L'Erbolario