Ibisco by L'Erbolario

Ibisco is a popular perfume by L'Erbolario for women and was released in 2013. The scent is sweet-floral. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesOrange, Lemon, Coriander, Elemi resin, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Rose, Iris butter, Vanilla, Ylang-ylang, Hibiscus
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Patchouli, Musk

Submitted by Joe, last update on 09.11.2019

5.0 5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Slightly stinking flowers
Phew, I don't know how many L'Erbolario scents I've tested. There were some good scents among them, many were above average nice and some were not. With the following scent here I could do rather less, because here one of the scent notes rages, which I always find so horrible: Coriander.

Most people know that I don't like coriander anyway, but still I test everything that comes under my nose. Because I have to admit, too, that every now and then I discover scents which, according to the scent pyramid, should contain coriander, but which somehow cannot be discovered in the scent and the scent even smells surprisingly good!

Unfortunately, you can smell the coriander in this scent here, but still, with what the scent (for me) of course smells less good... * sigh*

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins with a beautiful orange, but also with a somewhat disturbing coriander, which seems to become more and more intense, which I hope not, because the citrus note is still quite intense and could overlay the coriander.
Unfortunately the coriander is getting more intense at the moment and for people like me, who really don't like coriander, it spoils almost the whole fragrance. In the background I smell flowers and especially sweet vanilla, which is not as powdery as I am used to. But this will soon change when the fragrance becomes more powdery towards the base.
A little later you notice the sweetish jasmine and I still believe the ylang-ylang, which makes the fragrance slightly heavier-flowery.
Then the scent doesn't change too much, only a weak, earthy scent is added, which should come from Patchouli. Generally speaking, the fragrance is slightly powdery, slightly sweet and floral. Although the coriander has become weaker in the meantime, it is still present and simply does not smell very good (which could probably also be due to the combination with the cardamom) and, in my opinion, makes the scent heavier. I don't know how you'll like the smell, but I don't like it that much.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The scent's charisma is rather moderate. The fragrance is meant more for yourself than for others to smell it on you.
The average shelf life was about five to six hours, but it will probably last a few more hours, but after a little more than five hours I had washed away the sprayed area.

The bottle:
Aaahh... at first sight the bottle reminded me of the L'Erbolario fragrance Papavero Soave (which in contrast to this one is a really wonderful fragrance), which is very similar, but has a bright red as color to offer. The bottle here is reddish brown, rectangular and very simple. The name of the fragrance is written in the middle of the front. The lid is cylindrical. All in all highly unspectacular.

Well... the scent didn't knock me out. Even though I like many L'Erbolario fragrances quite well, I find this one quite irrelevant and weak. In addition there is the not so pleasant scent of coriander, where I always wonder what this scent has lost in most perfumes (for me actually even in ALL perfumes), because it simply exudes a very special and absolutely not good smelling scent. Is there anyone among you who likes coriander? No... don't tell me! D

I also think it's bad that if you wash the sprayed area (yes, with soap!), the coriander scent still seems to stick a little to the skin, although the rest of the scent is washed away.

But if you still want to try Ibisco (if you don't mind the coriander note for example... apart from that it seems to go down well with you ladies...), then I recommend the fragrance for autumn and winter, although it might look a bit too weak for winter. Otherwise it is for me personally a fragrance that can be safely ignored.
And I'm going scrubbing again... of course I mean to wash off the sprayed area completely, or what did you think? No, don't tell me, tssss... :DD

A GOOD scent
It seems to be the cheaper and lighter Shalimar's little Brother: it opens with citrusy-spicy notes and then it reveals its sweet flowery heart, warm and intoxicating . The base is sweet and very oriental : a light patchouli not at all earthy, an amber well balanced and not medicinal (very different from the one you can find in "Ambraliquida"),a light but pleasant musk touch. Unfortunately, it isn't so longasting and you must spray it many times to have a strong sillage. The bottle is maybe too minimal for the price (about 30€ for a 100ml size or 22€ for a 50ml size)and it could make think to a very cheap fragrance, but isn't so. I must remark that if you choose to but this scent you don't wrong: in fact, it's a "good" scent in every sense, because if you buy it you can help African people! Unfortunately it will be soon discontinued.What a pity that I didn't buy it on time!

Jazzy76 9 months ago
Unfortunately discontinued, this wonderful spicy scent could be the shalimar's little Brother. Average-good sillage.

by MadameLegras
by MadameLegras
by Ninina
by Ninina

Popular L'Erbolario

Méharées by L'Erbolario Dolcelisir by L'Erbolario Iris by L'Erbolario Ambraliquida by L'Erbolario Accordo Viola by L'Erbolario Mandorla by L'Erbolario Assenzio by L'Erbolario Papavero Soave by L'Erbolario Hedera by L'Erbolario Primaverde by L'Erbolario Frescaessenza by L'Erbolario Ibisco by L'Erbolario Legni Fruttati by L'Erbolario Corteccia by L'Erbolario Ortensia by L'Erbolario Ginepro Nero (Profumo) by L'Erbolario Accordo Arancio by L'Erbolario Ombra di Tiglio by L'Erbolario all'Olio di Argan by L'Erbolario Myrrhae by L'Erbolario