Méharées

Méharées by L'Erbolario

Méharées is a popular perfume by L'Erbolario for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is spicy-oriental. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Orange, Rose, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCedarwood, Gaiac wood, Patchouli, Sandalwood
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Amber, Musk

Submitted by Baux, last update on 02.06.2019

6.0 6.0 8.0 8.0/10

Security
First of all, one can perceive a strong, engaging flowery note that brings a deep femininity and suspects the use of the Bulgarian rose.

At the same time, the rose is surrounded by an intense sweetish fruity note, which gives the rose a certain syrup-like consistency and comes from the orange
These two notes are enveloped by a beautiful strong other sweetish one, which has a fine warming spicy soft aura and is due to the cinnamon.

In the background and on my skin only, a subtle citric herbaceous nuance rounds off the other notes of the top note with its subtle accents, which potentiates and pleasantly rounds them off.

A little later the scent of the rose is a little bit more dimmed and therefore still very clearly perceptible and melts with a very fine, densely working cuddly sweet - spicy Amberdecke
The rose-amber top mentioned by me above is accompanied by a beautifully balanced measure of a soft wooden, quite discreetly earthy creamy nuance, which creates a beautiful feeling of security and comes from the cedar wood, in interaction with the patchouli and the sandalwood and in my opinion exactly this construction conveys the feeling that the fragrance does not appear slaying but wonderfully substantially tangible
In the last 3 hours, Méharées becomes quieter and gets a fine smooth, creamy touch of the "perhaps used Madagascar" vanilla (?), which thanks to the musk gets a clear trait and together provides for a nice flattering finish.

In total the fragrance lasts 8 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is conceived from the outset in such a way that one is perceived very well at a half arm length and this is also 3 hours so maintained, before it is reduced in quiet steps to the conclusion of the smell
Our perfume "Honk1510 I would like to express my sincere thanks for the sample.
7.0 6.0 6.0 9.0/10

Caravan
This unisex but very sweet scent could be compared to a jazz composition by Duke Ellington I love: Caravan.
You smell this perfume and your mind goes to oriental and middle eastern landscapes, dreaming of oasis and caravans fulls of spices and fruits. A real delight.
The opening note is the cinnamon, while I don't smell on my skin the flowery-citrusy acchord.
Then, a Woody heart involves you with his warmth and finally you smell a sweet vanilla-amber acchord which gives th at typical sugary-oriental character to this scent.
The problem is the sillage: quite weak. What a pity for a so good fragrance!
There is only a 50ml size for this perfume sold by L'Erbolario at about 23 € nowadays. I'd like to find a bigger bottle, but it doesn't exist.
Anyway, although not so cheap, it's a very pleasant fragrance to share and to wear mainly in the cold season or maybe by night ...to dream and travel with the fantasy across the desert and the oasis
7.0 7.0 9.5/10

Golden Warmth
There are scents that instantly take you to other places.
Often they are memories of places you have visited and which the scent evokes, and with only one spray you immediately travel there again. But they can also be places one dreams of, the wanderlust elicits a deep sigh, and the imagination conjures up the most beautiful images before one's inner eye. Even if in reality everything may be completely different. But it is nice when dream ideas make it possible to surrender for a short moment to a daydream that awakens longings and gives consolation, confidence, joy or distraction.

For me, Méharées triggers a journey into a distant and strange world that is still completely unknown to me. The sun determines life and is omnipresent. Nature is powerful and brings man to his limits. An interplay between a glowing hot desert sun and a starry night sky.
It is probably a very special melancholy that a person only experiences on his own body when he is seized by the vastness of the desert.

Méharées was in my hands for the first time when I was in Venice in winter. Very clichéd, but camels immediately trigger fabulous images of the Arabian Nights in me. The Méharées bottle doesn't score with extravagance, but I like the bottle because it doesn't show off, isn't richly decorated, but simply takes its place very calmly.
I had only sniffed at the bottle and was skeptical. I wanted to like him, but somehow he smelled like liquorice, and I can't stand liquorice. So I carefully decided for the shower gel and tested it in the bathtub of our hotel room. So there I was, after miles and miles of walking through the damp and cold Venice, pampering my maltreated feet and cold skin with a bubble bath that smelled of Méharées. I indulged in this fragrance and dreamed myself into a bathroom with mosaic decorated walls.
During my next stay in Italy and my visit to L'Erbolario I wanted to like him so much that I simply took the bottle with me.
On a warm evening in Tuscany, when the sun bathed the hills in terracotta light, I sprayed it before dinner. I still noticed something I felt at the time to be licorice-like, a hint of liquorice. How deliciously warm the scent lay on the skin like a veil of gold woven through it. Cinnamon, dates, myrrh, resin and dark woods - this is how Méharées smells to me. That's not even in the fragrance pyramid, but what counts in the end is the own perception that makes up the perfume. For me, it's not a gourmand, not a classic oriental. It is spicy-warm, the light sweetness is like golden resin and almost tart. I don't even feel it as a pure winter scent and it doesn't trigger any feelings of cosy Christmas markets in me. I even think it goes very well with heat, warm skin, dry air, hot sunbeams. In one way or another, the scent has something rough about it. I feel grounded and calm when I wear it.
On the evening I wore Méharées for the first time, before falling asleep, I read aptly in Achill Moser's breathtakingly beautiful book "Places of Longing":

The inhospitable, lonely landscapes of the desert, which trigger so many emotions - from intoxicating feelings of happiness to abysmal fear - were for me the place of longing par excellence right from the start.
Maybe every human carries one somewhere in his heart. We just have to go to find him.
7.0/10

Meharees: Soft Woody
Meharees is lovely, a soft woody oriental with a lot of myrrh. A skin scent, it never overpowers like some spicy perfumes in its category. A very decent, wearable perfume for comparatively little money. I recommend it highly for casual wear.

Jazzy76 17 months ago
When I smell it I imagine old caravans in the desert , full of good spices. I wear it mainly in winter+2
6.0

by Couchlock
by Gwiazdka72
by Gwiazdka72

Popular L'Erbolario

Méharées by L'Erbolario Dolcelisir by L'Erbolario Iris by L'Erbolario Ambraliquida by L'Erbolario Mandorla by L'Erbolario Accordo Viola by L'Erbolario Papavero Soave by L'Erbolario Assenzio by L'Erbolario Primaverde by L'Erbolario Hedera by L'Erbolario Ibisco by L'Erbolario Legni Fruttati by L'Erbolario Frescaessenza by L'Erbolario Corteccia by L'Erbolario Ortensia by L'Erbolario Accordo Arancio by L'Erbolario Ombra di Tiglio by L'Erbolario Ginepro Nero (Profumo) by L'Erbolario Myrrhae by L'Erbolario all'Olio di Argan by L'Erbolario