Héliotrope Blanc 1850 Eau de Toilette

Héliotrope Blanc (Eau de Toilette) by L.T. Piver
Héliotrope Blanc (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by L.T. Piver for women and was released in 1850. The scent is sweet-powdery. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

HeliotropeHeliotrope
JasmineJasmine
AlmondAlmond
VanillaVanilla
Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 04.12.2021.

The silent lady
I have already written a statement about this fragrance, the comment is an addendum. This is rather negative turned out, but so completely I did not want to leave it at that.

My story with the classic began in the TK Maxx. It was mid-morning, so I was able to browse at my leisure and do some research on almost every fragrance I found. There were some very interesting sounding things there! Finally, I had to choose between Quatre Absolu de Nuit by Boucheron and Hèliotrope Blanc. The comparison to Etro's fragrance of almost the same name was what ultimately convinced me. Perfect, quickly to the checkout and outside directly spray on...and well, I was pretty disappointed.

The first thing I could perceive were the floral notes, which behaved not discreetly fresh, but unusually opulent. With time, the almond then also came to the fore. However, this did not create the association with marzipan, but the unsweetened milk substitute. As already mentioned, Hèliotrope Blanc was for me initially floral, creamy, relatively little sweet and not at all my case.

Disappointed about the supposed wrong purchase, I read the reviews again and wondered how it could be that my nose perceived him completely different than a good 100 others. Well, should happen. However, it also happens that you change your mind about fragrances, so I decided to test the little water again after a while.

As a precaution, I had not put on any other perfume that day. Could well be that a sweet fragrance cloud deceives my perception. First came to me right away once again the unloved flowers, but this time something was different. The unsweet creaminess I had initially complained about gave way to melt-in-the-mouth almonds. Heliotrope settled like a veil over this construct. Immediately, I developed an association with donuts sprinkled with powdered sugar. Delicious!

I can only explain my initial dislike by the fact that I was simply unfamiliar with the perfume to begin with. Usually, fragrance pyramids feature fruity notes and a measuring cup full of sugar. Hèliotrope Blanc is sweet, but nowhere near as sweet as others in the genre. While others scream, here you're dealing with a quiet, elegant lady who observes the goings-on from a safe distance. She probably has more to say than some of the screamers, but you have to let her have her say...

Overall, you get a tremendously well done fragrance. Every note is recognizable and none of them seems out of place. Since it is not a big deal that the shelf life is rather small. I'm glad that I have not 'overheard' the lady among the screamers!
Spektrum
Heliotrope blossoms on musk bed
After spraying on, one immediately recognizes the bitter almond, then something like an aqueous extract of almonds or almond milk and something slightly bitter appears to me. This makes this fragrance interesting and authentic. Quite quickly something flowery comes through, too, but I don't recognize Jasmin or Ylang-Ylang individually and suppose there is synthetics in the game.
at this stage he's probably the one who's most likely to create vintage associations.
In the further course the bitter almond remains next to a strong vanilla-floral accord which comes quite close to the scent of heliotropic flowers. This is somehow beautiful and sometimes something other than vanilla baking aroma, which I do not find here again. The fragrance then becomes more and more powdery, this musk powderiness certainly also provides for 'old-fashioned' thoughts again. On the other hand this is now quite modern again, see e.g. Narciso Poudree.
After I generously dieselled myself with Héliotrope Blanc last night and went to sleep, I suddenly smelled Hypnotic Poison this morning. Definitely!
So, compared to Mandorla, which I also have in my collection, this one is quite changeable and also sweeter, more feminine, more perfumed. Mandorla has no fragrance at all.
Also the heliotrope of Etro smells different, as far as I remember it, it was more obtrusive and had something of a sweet but poisonous drug. H.B. is simply milder and muffled by the musk.
The Heliotrope Revelation
I'm into blind buying at TK MAXX. For me, there's nothing more exciting than standing in front of the perfume shelf, checking out all existing copies at Parfumo and then taking the best price/performance bomb with me (My trainee budget doesn't allow anything other than Ebay and TK Maxx treasures)
So it was a few weeks ago - I went into one of the Hamburg stores and came across Heliotrope Blanc. 100ml for 12,99 as well as top ratings - ZACK, packed.
I love sweet, gourmand vanilla fragrances and was therefore sure that I had made the big catch here.

At home then the disillusionment. Along with the realization that heliotrope smells for me more like running away than kneeling down.

I have to join the previous speakers, the fragrance is absolutely vintage and "aristocratic".
But for my nose it smells absolutely artificial and is a bit over the top - at least for today. It is not at all light and playful but very opulent and heavy. The scent of a loving but very strict governess at a European court. So is my association.

My first encounter of this kind with Heliotrop and hopefully my last.

I could imagine, however, that it could be something for many ladies, especially in winter. The shelf life is really okay and the fragrance warms nicely.
In my opinion, however, nothing for temperatures over 15 degrees.
Sweet past
Madame Pompadour with powdered face and opulent jewellery ...
that's how the scent comes to me. It is effective, incomparable and discreetly dosed very attractive if you like sweet, powdery and rather rare fragrances

Chanelle
Classic portable heliotrope bouncer from a good home
L.T.Piver makes my eyes shine as a bottle collector. It used to be a perfume house that could almost be named in the same breath as Guerlain as far as the catalogue of fragrances on offer and the precious artistically valuable containers were concerned. (Have a look at the Baccarat flacon Astris from Piver, a beauty!) Unfortunately, today you don't attach so much importance to an imaginative, appealing perfume presentation anymore, I have the impression, and also the current Heliotrop flacon looks ...inexpensive. Whatever the smell is, despite "quasi niche". But he doesn't smell like that...
The other day I flew over again what I had learned at the time to become Etro's flagship heliotrope. And after 6+ years every word is still true: I love him... from afar. The solution for this came to me only recently - Heliotrop Bodylotion from Etro! Not the full charge, therefore optimal for me. Then came Heliotrope Blanc, the cheap Piver. Skeptical and prejudiced, I sprayed first timidly, then more and more generously. What emerged was a soft, almond-creamy, vanilla everyday heliotrope. (Not like with Etro, where you can easily overdose and knock out yourself and others with it...)
Sometimes a light memory of the 70s comes through: Dr.Oetker woodruff pudding with vanilla sauce! Everything about him was perfect. The smell, the taste, the color, the buffing.
(There were also yellow, red and short times blue, but green was unbeatable.)
The woodruff's hint is subtle and fine, like the whole fragrance.
Also Sillage and durability are for the price of bright commodity. He makes me happy! So I'm going to use it more now...

My Queen Mother
Having just made the acquaintance of Alexander McQueen's My Queen a few months ago, I now have a sense of her ancestral lineage- so if you like My Queen, you'll be pleased with Heliotrope Blanc-

Heliotrope Blanc is just gorgeous- powdery sweet, vanilla with petals-

The longevity is incredible! 12 hours later, I can still smell a little cloud of heliotropic bliss around me (and I only used a smidge!)

KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
It smells like sweet baby powder. Simple but satisfying.

by PBullFriend
by Merlina
by Ninina
by Ninina

Popular L.T. Piver

Epices by L.T. Piver Vétiver by L.T. Piver Cuir by L.T. Piver Cèdre by L.T. Piver Musc by L.T. Piver Cuir de Russie (Eau de Toilette) by L.T. Piver Un Parfum d'Aventure by L.T. Piver Rêve d'Or (Parfum) by L.T. Piver Pompeïa (Parfum) by L.T. Piver Pompeïa (Lotion) by L.T. Piver Eau de Cologne des Princes by L.T. Piver Lavande des Princes by L.T. Piver Eau pour Homme by L.T. Piver Eau de Cologne à la Reine des Fleurs by L.T. Piver Azurea by L.T. Piver Velivole by L.T. Piver Corylopsis du Japon by L.T. Piver Volt by L.T. Piver Dolme by L.T. Piver Safranor by L.T. Piver