Apéro by La Maison Hédonique

Apéro is a popular perfume by La Maison Hédonique for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is earthy-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Lucy Akhurst

Top Notes Top NotesBitter orange, Juniper, Lime
Heart Notes Heart NotesGarrigue herbs, Aniseed, Salt
Base Notes Base NotesBlack pepper, Laurel, Tobacco

Submitted by Calista, last update on 02.06.2020.

Antibes 1959
I opened my blind purchase of Lucy Akhurst - late in the evening - on the terrace, at a pleasant 18c° accompanied by a vermouth tonic. A blind purchase in this price range in this niche? Was I left by all good spirits?

Gently I pressed the spray head and half a spray of this impenetrable brown liquid spread over my left arm. What I smelled there scared me. I sipped my drink. Should this brew be portable? My wife would leave me and my children would hate me. I closed my eyes, happy to be outside and alone.

But then saw beach bars with faded green parasols, wonderful French coastlines, forgotten old times, blown away by the salty mistral. Yellow rocks baked in the sun stood there in the garrigue, steep slopes down to the sea.
On the sticky old wooden table a bowl of olives. Thick, oily, black olives pickled in thyme, rosemary and lavender salt. Next to it a Boulevardier Cocktail, garnished with an orange peel, bitter, medicinal and strong. I smelled the sticky resin of cistus behind me. I had never experienced the French Riviera like this before.

A very special scent, uncomfortable and yet pleasant, unobtrusive and yet very easy to wear.

Sillage room-filling with 2 splashes and shelf life +12 hours. My thanks to Calgari, who encouraged me!
Like it?
The prelude already appeals to me. Spicy, slightly citric and strong.

Juniper berry with hesperide mixture, so you could serve this fragrance as an appetizer.

After 10 minutes on the skin, supported by salt and aniseed, associations of a liquorice come up with me.
These are however so restrained and to be discovered only with the near sniffing, as one could speak here of a liquorice smell.
In the base there is a trace of galbanum in addition to benzoin and the indicated protagonists.
The fragrance remains in spice mode, nice and interesting. I need to get something to eat now, something salty, spicy, strong.

As a perfume, this fragrance will not be absorbed by me. The sample of Calgari (many thanks for that) is still enough for one or the other evening, when I feel like a spray of spices. Then I will surely eat something strong again.

Conclusion: Not a perfume, but for me a fragrance concept and as such also pleasing

Popular La Maison Hédonique

Cerf Blanc by La Maison Hédonique Comme un Loup by La Maison Hédonique Samedi à Paris by La Maison Hédonique