Suerte 2016

Suerte by La Martina
Suerte is a popular perfume by La Martina for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Italart. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesLemonLemon
BenzoinBenzoin
Tonka beanTonka bean
MuskMusk
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 19.01.2022.

Istanbul Spice Bazaar
The Spicy Bazaar is located inside the Fatih quarter of Istanbul and is one of the world's largest and oldest covered markets. Also called the Egyptian bazaar, or Mısır Çarşısı, the Spice Bazaar has a riot of shops selling spices, Turkish delight and other sweets, jewellery, souvenirs, and dried fruits and nuts. I can't help but think of a spicy market when I smell Suerte. Attention, there is no doubt about the characteristic note: cinnamon. If you don't like cinnamon, you probably won't like this scent. But I'll say Suerte is full and round with a cinnamon accord mixed with what appears to be a hint of honey sweetness and cloves and tobacco just enough to almost convince me there's anise in there too. It's bold, warm and inviting while still maintaining a sense of cleanliness.

As soon as I sprayed it on the skin, a sweet spice aroma spread through the air. It seems to be inside a spice market, with fruits and spices tables everywhere. I like to imagine the one in Istanbul. My nose immediately captures the pungent notes of cinnamon and the more medicinal notes of cloves. They are as intense and natural as if you were smelling the spices straight from the vast, neatly lined up piles on the stall. I receive an aroma akin to the aniseed sponge cake for a few moments, smelling the pulse very close. It takes a few minutes for this spicy bomb to subside a little to make room for something more citrusy and aromatic. A few drops of sour lemon sprinkled on dried lavender flowers produce a dry and herbaceous accord. Fruity, but not too sweet or harsh. The lavender immediately blends with the notes of coumarins in the base, and its nuances recall those of Pour Un Homme de Caron Eau de Toilette, that sensation of talc and vanilla straw. It is a moist lavender, dried by the sun and harvested in a warm place.

As the fragrance life continues, it becomes very resinous and smells like a spice cabinet. The sour undertones of the lemon and lavender fade take me to the heart of the fragrance, joining the spiciness of the opening and other notes of smoky and chewy sap. I clearly feel the aromatic and delicate notes of tobacco flowers dancing on a floor paved with tiny myrrh tears. How hot is this embrace, this dance of light? The harmonic notes alternate with each other. Voluptuous bitterness exudes from myrrh, with a superior floral aroma, a little warm and resinous. I catch the smoky, sweet undertones of these tears of waxy sap. And the tobacco blossoms are soaked, sweet and aromatic like the sliced leaves used for pipe tobacco.

As if that were not enough, its background meets a chorus of balsamic resins that give Suerte a certain solemnity and the slightest amber and soapy nuance. Clean and warm confidence and balance at every stage. In the background, some woody and amber aspects emerge. The base is not too earthy, and the patchouli is tame. Instead, a touch of tonka and vanilla and benzoin reinforce the creaminess of the musk and amber. The profusion of spices and resins, especially benzoin, brings Pi Eau de Toilette to mind. But it is not Pi that looks like this perfume. Instead, I find cologne very similar to Potion Eau de Parfum, although this one brings a more spicy warmth to the comparison. At the same time, Potion favours a fairly prominent sandalwood and angelic base. There is an apparent connection between them, but they are not the same.

Longevity is above average, as I gained several hours of strength on first use. I'm still not sure about the projection, although I can feel it through the mask, and I have twice received compliments on the perfume I was wearing. Definitely, you might try in warmer seasons for fall and winter, but I doubt it would adapt to warmer weather. The scent has a very Mediterranean and, I would say, Asian feel. I think it is discontinued, which is a shame because it is very particular and reasonable. I think this stuff is gorgeous, but you really have to appreciate the whole cinnamon, spicy and resin theme to love it. Really happy I rolled the dice on this one.

I base the review on a 100ml bottle I have owned since August 2021.

-Elysium

ElysiumElysium 5 months ago
Suerte means luck, and I was lucky. Something in-between Potion Eau de Parfum and Dulcis in Fundo, lovable

Popular La Martina

Adiós Pampamia Mujer by La Martina Tierra del Fuego (Eau de Toilette) by La Martina Bayres Hombre (Eau de Toilette) by La Martina Cuero Mujer by La Martina La Martina Hombre (Eau de Toilette) by La Martina Pampamia Noble (Eau de Parfum) by La Martina Maserati by La Martina Sueño Mujer by La Martina Quimera Hombre (Eau de Toilette) by La Martina Sueño Hombre (Eau de Toilette) by La Martina Maserati Horse Passion by La Martina Alma - Misterious Oud by La Martina Cuero Hombre (Eau de Toilette) by La Martina Adiós Pampamia Hombre (Eau de Toilette) by La Martina La Martina Mujer by La Martina Quimera Mujer by La Martina Te Quiero Hombre by La Martina Te Quiero Mujer by La Martina Maserati Centennial Polo Tour by La Martina Maserati Pure Code by La Martina