Eclix by La Perla

Eclix is a popular perfume by La Perla for women and was released in 2000. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesLotus, Almond
Base Notes Base NotesCocoa, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 04.04.2018

Bottle 2.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Heavenly lemon and almond blend
It breaks my heart whenever I smell fragrances like Eclix, knowing full well that they've been discontinued indefinitely. Many spectacular gourmands have unfortunately been taken from us, most likely at a time when sweet, foody scents weren't so popular. L'Or de Torrente is another discontinued gem that I sorely miss.

Eclix is a beautiful lemon, almond and vanilla blend. It's not too sweet nor too strong. In fact, it's quite inoffensive and soft. It smells a little bit like a lemon tart, but also quite vanillary, so I would say it is more of an oriental vanilla rather than a full-blown gourmand.

The vanilla accord is thankfully soft, creamy and fluffy rather than thick and heady. Lemon and bergamot gives this fragrance a delicate and zesty quality, which really adds to the complexity of this composition.

Whenever I wear Eclix I feel cuddly and warm. It has a beautiful, casual smoothness that brings it so close to perfection. The famous lemon and vanilla blend in Guerlain's Shalimar doesn't rival Eclix at all. In fact, I consider them both on the same level and appreciate their differences.

Eclix doesn't smell overly expensive or even fantastically unique, but it has an uncanny way of growing on you, and for that reason alone, Eclix is missed by so many of its fans. In my opinion, the truly hideous bottle does not match the scent whatsoever.

Unfortunately, Eclix doesn't last very long on the skin, which left me feeling very disappointed. Three hours was all this fragrance could muster. It would have been really lovely to experience Eclix just that little bit longer. Despite its bad points, I still hold firm to my opinion that this fragrance should never, ever have been removed from the market.
HEY KIDS!! Why don't we bake a vanilla lemon pie???
This is such a comfortable, delicious perfume.. it brings nostalgic images to me..
There's a big outdoor kitchen somewhere in the sunshine countryside with lots of colorful flowers and lemon trees. Kids are playing happily while a fresh cooked lemon pie is ready to be served.. The sweet-citrussy smell is spread with a wind's touch all over the hill calling the children to taste the wonder of nature..
To me Eclix is airy and cozy.. I feel the perfect balance between vanilla and bergamot.. all the rest leave it to your imagination!
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Creamy Unsweetened Cocoa
I was delighted to happen upon a windfall of La Perla discontinued perfumes at one of my favorite online emporia, and ECLIX was my favorite of the bunch. Reviewers have compared this perfume to a variety of different fragrances, but from the ones in my collection, I find this creamy and delicious composition most similar to Trussardi INSIDE. The big difference is that in ECLIX cocoa beans have replaced the coffee beans.

True, the other notes differ in details, but the osmanthus in ECLIX behaves as osmanthus nearly always does in complex compositions, in perfect conformity with my osmanthus = tofu theory. Yes, in a perfume with strong notes such as cocoa, osmanthus tends to go along for the ride, absorbing whatever other notes happen to be nearby, just as tofu ends up tasting like whatever it was cooked in.

No, ECLIX does not smell like tofu. It smells rather like INSIDE, though, to my nose--much more so than does BELLE EN RYKIEL, to which the Trussardi is often compared. In any case, since I like INSIDE, I obviously like ECLIX, too. This perfume is slightly less sweet--cocoa is not chocolate--which could be good news for those who find INSIDE too sweet. ECLIX seems slightly more oriental and less gourmand to me. The sillage is quite low (in contrast to INSIDE), and I believe that some guys who feel comfortable in fragrances such as A*MEN might enjoy this one as well.

Here are the notes, according to my tester bottle:
top--osmanthus, blackcurrant leaves, bergamot
heart--water lily, May rose, almond blossom
base-exotic woods, cocoa, white musk
Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
chewy sweets
I finally got to try this much-talked-about gourmand scent I've heard about so much. On me, it is a sweet, pretty vanilla-almond scent. The cocoa and cassis are not detectible by themselves, but they lend a certain "chewiness" to the almond. This therefore falls somewhere between Calypso St. Barth Lea and Annick Goutal Eau de Charlotte. Eclix is out of production and going for bigger and bigger amounts on eBay, so those two scents may be easier to find. (011210)

• by Serafina by Serafina
  • by Lilienfeld by Lilienfeld
  • by Sherapop by Sherapop
  • by Thais by Thais
  • by Gwiazdka72 by Gwiazdka72
  • by EvaK by EvaK
  • by bloodflower by bloodflower

Popular La Perla

J'Aime la Nuit by La Perla La Perla (1987) (Eau de Toilette) by La Perla Eclix by La Perla J'Aime by La Perla Divina (Eau de Toilette) by La Perla Love Frills - Dark Extacy by La Perla Charme by La Perla La Mia Perla by La Perla Grigioperla (Eau de Toilette) by La Perla In Rosa (Eau de Toilette) by La Perla Body Silk by La Perla J'Aime les Fleurs by La Perla Just Precious by La Perla Parfum Privé by La Perla Creation by La Perla Grigioperla Essence (Eau de Toilette) by La Perla La Perla (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by La Perla Io by La Perla La Perla (2013) (Eau de Toilette) by La Perla Blue by La Perla