J'Aime (2007)

J'Aime by La Perla
J'Aime is a perfume by La Perla for women and was released in 2007. The scent is sweet-floral. It was last marketed by Perfume Holding.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lychee, Pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesRaspberry, Egyptian jasmine, Waterlily
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Caramel, Musk, Patchouli

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 21.07.2018

Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10
High class jem
Excellent quality perfume, sweet aromatic pear with a little spicy kick while the flowers just sit in the background. Long lasting with a nice bottle. I already own j'aime la nuit which is a real winter masterpiece perfume and I was gladly surprised with "j'aime" which can be considered a spring and summer perfume. La perla seem to be so underrated and you can easily find their perfumes in very competitive prices. If you are looking for something high class and differrent try them. I am very happy!!!!!!
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 5.0/10
Both Sweet and Skanky
Since acquiring a tester bottle (scent unsniffed) of La Perla J'AIME, I've worn it a few times. I need to be honest. I don't really like this perfume. The first night I wore it, I actually woke up in the middle of the night wanting to wash it off--there seemed to be something off in it in the way in which celebrity scents however well-intended are often "off". I wasn't sure why I did not like it, but it smelled somehow discordant to me.

After a few more wears, I think that I've figured it out: it's the musk which makes this perfume slightly dirty and skanky at the same time that it aspires to be a gourmand delight. A comparison to Van Cleef & Arpels ORIENS might be helpful. ORIENS is also sweet and voluptuous, but there is no dirtiness or skank involved whatsoever. ORIENS is more like a treat, while J'AIME is something of a chore for me to wear.

I do very much like the opening of J'AIME, but I grow tired of it quickly and do not reach for the bottle in the way that I reach for perfumes beloved to me. Perhaps my bottle is bad, but the liquid was pink when it arrived. After a few weeks it had turned brown, and now it is nearly clear. No, I did not leave the bottle out in the light. I have kept it in the box, and the ambient temperature has been moderate, so something may simply be wrong with the composition of this perfume. It boasts (ha ha) BHT among its ingredients but that's obviously not enough to hold the whole production together because mine is not pink at all.

In the end, I should say that this perfume may work well for those who like musky perfumes along the lines of L'AGENT PROVOCATEUR or NARCISO RODRIGUEZ or SARAH JESSICA PARKER. But be advised: this one is also rather sweet in addition to being slightly skanky.

Jazzy76 148 days ago
A very feminin and modern fragrance where the fruity top notes and the gourmand base are very noticeable. Particularly precious the bottle.+1
Bottle 8.0

• by Magdulenka by Magdulenka
  • by Wahule by Wahule
  • by Orientpoison by Orientpoison

Popular La Perla

J'Aime la Nuit by La Perla La Perla (1987) (Eau de Toilette) by La Perla Eclix by La Perla J'Aime by La Perla Divina (Eau de Toilette) by La Perla Love Frills - Dark Extacy by La Perla Charme by La Perla Grigioperla (Eau de Toilette) by La Perla La Mia Perla by La Perla In Rosa (Eau de Toilette) by La Perla J'Aime les Fleurs by La Perla Just Precious by La Perla Body Silk by La Perla Parfum Privé by La Perla Creation by La Perla Grigioperla Essence (Eau de Toilette) by La Perla La Perla (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by La Perla Io by La Perla La Perla (2013) (Eau de Toilette) by La Perla Blue by La Perla