J'Aime la Nuit (2008)

J'Aime la Nuit by La Perla

J'Aime la Nuit is a popular perfume by La Perla for women and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-sweet. It was last marketed by Perfume Holding.

Top Notes Top NotesNashi pear, Grape blossom, Guinea pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlack jasmine, Black orchid, Christmas rose, Queen of the night
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Cashmere wood, Amyris wood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 09.05.2019

Flaconesse
Just turn the day into the night
Today is again one of those unspeakable days, which are characterized by bad mood, due to: getting up earlier than usual, cold grey weather, a spraying accident in the morning. The latter came like this: When I pulled out the small sample atomizer in the morning to fog me in properly, it made it pfffft tortured and out came a fine firm jet that landed on my left blouse collar. That must be an oversight, I thought and repeated the process. Pfft, the next beam at least landed symmetrically on the right blouse collar. That's outrageous! Even worse than jamming and dripping atomizers are actually those that don't live up to their name and bombard you with their contents to such an extent that a wet stain remains on your clothes. That dries again, I thought, but even after the make-up routine was finished 2 clearly visible stains shone from my collar. The perfume has a greasy colour and had left behind the ugly circles. Acidified and sullied I started today's working day and luckily I was finally rewarded:

J'Aime la Nuit starts peary-fresh, quickly becomes sweeter and more floral. It is not possible to smell individual petals at first. The flowers remain velvety and intense without becoming overloaded, overwhelming or even too sweet. In contrast to Tom Ford's Black Orchid, here we quickly encounter a more pleasing orchid that blends in well with the dance of aromas. Jasmine, which is often too indolishly breathtaking, also remains in the line. In order to stick to the metaphor, the flowers turn a few lively rounds until the woods enter the parquet. These give the fragrance its warming character and wrap the cheerfully dancing flowers in the protective black dress of the night. So J'Aime la Nuit never seems overloaded or intrusive, always harmonious, body-hugging, and lays itself like a soothing balm on my mind.

I can imagine that it is not conspicuous enough for one or the other because, as I said, none of the aromas stands out. He also underlines more the subtle eroticism of a burlesque dancer than the sex appeal of a man-eating vamp, but that's exactly what makes him so mature and mysterious.
I must probably change my unloved atomizer, because it was certainly not the last time that I loved the night, even during the day.

7.5 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

Modern oriental
Very nice oriental a little sweet while the amber note gives a kind of aromatic pachouli sense. The bottle is heavy black glass which gives a high class design. It is very long lasting and you can see that this is a very well blended perfume of a superior quality. Reminds a lot of Play intense. I like it very much. Try it!!!
10.0 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Another Purple Fruitchouli
I have been curious about La Perla J'AIME LA NUIT for quite some time and have on occasion considered a blind buy. I became less keen to do so after acquiring a tester of its namesake, J'AIME, the overt muskiness of which I dislike, given how sweet the composition also is. So I have resisted the temptation to buy this one, even as the price continues to descend at discounters.

I finally located a manufacturer's carded sample and have confirmed that this perfume does not really belong in my collection, although I do like the bottle quite a lot. The composition is similar to the purple fruitchoulis in ready abundance, and I'd rank the quality at about the midpoint: better than some; not as good as others. It smells pretty good, but is solidly anchored in designer terrain and reminds me quite a lot of Calvin Klein EUPHORIA, albeit J'AIME LA NUIT is less woody and more fruity.

The fruits in question, by the way, according to my card, which is bilingual in Italian and English, really are grapes, not grapefruit, as is listed above. There is even a picture a cluster of grapes, so purple really is the color of this fruitchouli. Two other exotic notes are listed: nashi and paradise seeds. I'm not sure whether I have ever encountered either of those, though they might be alternate names of more common-sounding things, something like narcissus for daffodil...

In any case, I do not dislike J'AIME LA NUIT, and I would probably wear it occasionally, if I had a bottle, but it doesn't cover any new terrain for me and so I probably won't be adding this one to my collection, though I would not mind swapping my J'AIME for a bottle of this...

------------------
back from a Google fact-finding mission: Nashi is a variety of pear, and Paradise seeds are marijuana seeds!
7.5 5.0 7.5 8.0/10

Pretty Sweet Nothing
The first spray smells peppery, than a hint of vanilla fights its way through and settles on top of a wood note that dominates the dry down. "J'Aime La Nuit" (I Love The Night), well, it's not as heavy and mysterious as the name and ad suggest. I would wear this during the day without thinking people expect me in lingerie or PJs. ; )
It's pleasant, tender, warm and has good silage. If you like to wear perfume to bed, this one is not offensive and keeps you smelling yummy in a soft way. I like my evening-out scents a bit more naughty. So, for me this is daywear only - if I'm in the mood for a soft vanilla - wood scent.

Jazzy76 15 months ago
In the style of the classic J'Aime , this scent is maybe more flowery with an oriental touch. Quite good .
Pretty the dark bottle .+2

by Gwiazdka72
by Allesdufte
by Allesdufte

Popular La Perla

J'Aime la Nuit by La Perla La Perla (1987) (Eau de Toilette) by La Perla J'Aime by La Perla Eclix by La Perla Divina (Eau de Toilette) by La Perla Love Frills - Dark Extacy by La Perla Charme by La Perla La Mia Perla by La Perla Grigioperla (Eau de Toilette) by La Perla In Rosa (Eau de Toilette) by La Perla Body Silk by La Perla J'Aime les Fleurs by La Perla Just Precious by La Perla Parfum Privé by La Perla Creation by La Perla Grigioperla Essence (Eau de Toilette) by La Perla La Perla (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by La Perla Io by La Perla Blue by La Perla La Perla (2013) (Eau de Toilette) by La Perla