Life Threads Platinum 2009

Life Threads Platinum by La Prairie
Life Threads Platinum is a popular perfume by La Prairie for women and was released in 2009. The scent is spicy-chypre. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesGalbanum, Plum, Violet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Jasmine, Cardamom, Leather, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Labdanum, Patchouli, Vetiver

Submitted by DirkDS, last update on 26.08.2019.

Stunning Chypre
My goodness, I love chypres. Life Threads Platinum is one of the better ones from this fragrance genre. It's worth a try even if you don't think it will appeal to you.

This fragrance opens a little heavy, with leather, grassy accords and a good dose of oakmoss. I assume many write it off at this point and don't bother in waiting it out. Well, that's their loss. Once settled, Life Threads Platinum can be described as many things, but not once would I call it unpleasant.

What I love most about this fragrance is its hint of sensual smokiness. Life Threads Platinum has some very interesting moments in its composition; one moment smelling like an exotic temple, the next being grounded and earthy in its approach.

This fragrance could easily be unisex, and I think many men will enjoy this scent immensely. The leather and oakmoss really drive the composition, but smooth green accords, earthy iris and labdanum give it that extra edge. It's surprisingly complex and well put together, so I am a little perturbed by the amount of people that have openly disliked this scent so far.

Personally, I find Life Threads Platinum classy, smooth and elegant. It's also one of those fragrances that could suit just about any season, although I'd prefer to wear it during Autumn. It fills me with a similar sense of satisfaction that I thought only Guerlain's Mitsouko could achieve.

Both the longevity and sillage are impressive, and the beautiful bottle design is a complementary bonus. I haven't had the opportunity to test the whole Life Threads range, but in comparison to Life Threads Silver, I'm liking this one much more. I highly recommend.

The Best of the La Prairie Bunch
I have always harbored a negative prejudice against companies such as La Prairie which tout something as gimmicky as caviar as the basis of their entire skincare line, but I must say that I was delightfully surprised by my first foray into their perfume offerings. Happily, they had the good sense not to extend their caviar obsession to their new fragrance line...

LIFE THREADS PLATINUM is a gorgeous, complex and rich floral chypre perfume, occupying the same general olfactory neighborhood as LA PERLA. PLATINUM offers a touch of leather and a slightly lower dose of patchouli, but the labdanum and floral symphony here is simply exquisite! PLATINUM, like LA PERLA, has more of a modern and comforting feeling than some of the colder, classic, green chypres. This composition offers the snuggliness of a high-quality oriental perfume along with the texture and depth of a chypre. I love it!

In addition to being beautiful, PLATINUM also has fairly big sillage and good longevity. On the basis of my initial testing, I acquired a full bottle, and I am very happy to have this perfume now in my collection. Also based on my initial testing, I requested samples of all of the other members of this series of La Prairie launches. PLATINUM was by far the best of the bunch.

by Chanelle
by Chanelle
by Sherapop
by Sherapop

Popular La Prairie

Midnight Rain (Eau de Parfum) by La Prairie La Prairie by La Prairie Sea Energy / Cellular Energizing Body Spray by La Prairie Life Threads Gold by La Prairie Midnight Rain (Sheer Mist) by La Prairie Silver Rain (Eau de Parfum) by La Prairie Life Threads Emerald by La Prairie Life Threads Ruby by La Prairie Life Threads Ruby Sheer by La Prairie Life Threads Gold Sheer by La Prairie Life Threads Silver by La Prairie Life Threads Sapphire by La Prairie