Life Threads Silver 2009

Life Threads Silver by La Prairie
Life Threads Silver is a perfume by La Prairie for women and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-green. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Green notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Orange blossom, Paprika, Tuberose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Musk, Sandalwood, Vetiver

Submitted by DirkDS, last update on 05.06.2019.

Very similar to Fracas
Life Threads Silver attempts to follow in the famous footsteps of Robert Piguet's Fracas, the fragrance industry's answer to a big, creamy tuberose. As much as I want to love both these fragrances, they refuse to work wonders on my skin, leaving me feeling underwhelmed and somewhat cheated.

This fragrance has a lot in common with Fracas, the only discernible difference being its less than heavy approach and fresher nature. The tuberose accord is thick and buttery on the skin. In the initial stages, it makes me think of sunshine and a beautiful, lush garden. For the first twenty minutes or so, Life Threads Silver smells beautiful on me, however the more it develops, the less compatible we become.

The heart introduces a heavy dose of white musk and ylang ylang. It somehow turns the fresh floral opening, bitter and dirty. I'm hoping this is the result of my skin chemistry and not the composition itself.

A hint of its former beauty thankfully remains, however there's something about Life Threads Silver that I find a little repelling. I experienced the same kind of reaction with Fracas. I used to blame the tuberose, but since discovering Versace Blonde and its wonderful interpretation of the flower, I don't know which note should take the blame now.

The vetiver in the drydown threatens to turn Life Threads Silver bitter and dry, however this note is fairly short-lived. The buttery tuberose remains rather persistent right through to the end. Looking back on the composition, I can't say that it was particularly complex. It tends to follow the strict white floral path which was initially established from the very word go.

The longevity and sillage were no issue. Had this been a fragrance that both appealed to me and worked on my skin, I would no doubt be praising it to the high heavens. I loved the bottle, but unfortunately I could not bring myself to love the scent.

Tuberose creaminess
Green mossy perfume with a wonderful tuberose-jasmin conjuction of notes.The orange blossom is there adding their bloominess.
The happy light bright synthesis is enjoyable .
I am a tuberose lover of scents and i find this creation very nice.
This goes in my wish list!

Towering Yet Tame Tuberose
It's impossible to wear Life Threads SILVER without thinking of FRACAS, which is bad news for SILVER, since FRACAS is pretty difficult to beat, if ├╝ber-feminine tuberose is what you're after. Although there are accompaniments such as neroli and jasmine here, towering tuberose is the focus in SILVER as in FRACAS. I find SILVER tamer and a bit better behaved, or at least less extroverted than the bigger than life, bright and juicy diva tuberose of FRACAS, which draws attention to the wearer by following her around with a blazing spotlight.

Although SILVER may be regarded by some as an inferior copy of FRACAS, I must say that I really did enjoy wearing it this afternoon. There is none of the thick, heavy, wilting tuberose nor the pseudotuberose found in some less noble "tuberose" perfumes. In this composition everything smells fresh and well-measured from start to finish, and the longevity is great, as is true of all of the Life Threads perfumes I've tried. Whether one likes these heavy floral compositions or not, no one can reasonably accuse this house of dilution.

All of that said, I probably will not be adding SILVER to my collection because, well, I have tons of FRACAS!

TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
Ice cold tuberose that isn't afraid to be. Worn by towering blondes in those isolated, minimalist la prairie beauty institutes in the Alps.

Popular La Prairie

Midnight Rain (Eau de Parfum) by La Prairie La Prairie by La Prairie Sea Energy / Cellular Energizing Body Spray by La Prairie Life Threads Gold by La Prairie Life Threads Platinum by La Prairie Midnight Rain (Sheer Mist) by La Prairie Silver Rain (Eau de Parfum) by La Prairie Life Threads Emerald by La Prairie Life Threads Ruby by La Prairie Life Threads Ruby Sheer by La Prairie Life Threads Gold Sheer by La Prairie Life Threads Sapphire by La Prairie