Cabana Eau de Toilette

Cabana (Eau de Toilette) by La Rive
Cabana (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by La Rive for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Cardamom, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesEucalyptus, Lavender, Carnation
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, White moss, Sandalwood, Amber

Submitted by Baeumchen, last update on 16.01.2021.

Mica76
After a while, kind of musty ...
I actually quite like the original, at least for the darker months, but often just don't like to leaf the outrageous usual price on the table for it.

So I went in search of a dupe ... and there "La Rive" somehow pushes itself ;-)

Let's put it this way, it doesn't smell bad, but gets kind of musty and headache-inducing over time.

Also had a little feeling that there is possibly quality variations between the individual bottlings, not every bottle smelled the same. But can also be subjective.

Anyway, you can wear it if necessary, but my search is not over yet ...
4ajbukoshka
The sailor left me. Here's my consolation.
"Dimmi perché quando penso, penso solo a te?!
Dimmi perché quando vedo, vedo solo te!
Dimmi perché quando credo, credo solo in te - GRANDE AMORE!
Dimmi che mai...
che non mi lascerai mai!"
(Tell me why when I think of you I think only of you?!
Tell me why when I see, I only see you! Tell me why, when I believe, I only believe in you - great LOVE! Tell me that...
that you will never leave me!
Il Volo - Grande Amore. Translation of 4ajbukoshka, whose Italian is not perfect, but which she doesn't care about because she is unbelievably and unhappily in love ;-)

Where did I leave off?
I'm in love. Yes. For a very long time. With the sailor. With the sailors in the real sailors.
And this is about his best friend.
The two grew up together, they don't look very much alike on the outside, but they still act like brothers when it matters.
They share many things: hobbies, memories, even their favourite food (lasagne).
But not the girlfriend, neither is a clone of the other, no, I wouldn't use that word here, because for me it has negative connotations and sounds like a failed attempt.

So this Bad Boy wannabe named Cabana... he's overly attractive, almost as attractive as his best friend, MY BFF, the most attractive man ever... but somehow I don't see him that way because... oooooh... he's actually cuddly and sweet But he only admits this when I throw myself sad and abandoned into his arms.
Sad and deserted because the sailor's gone.
A sheep in wolf's clothing.
(At this point I would like to say: no, my boyfriend has not left me. A man stole my favorite perfume from me - and that's even worse)

Am I actually the only one who thinks of a cigar when I look at the bottle?
A cigar?! Yucky yuck. No. Cigars are only cool in the movies because you can't smell them, and the wearers sit there in elegant coats, sometimes with hats on, and then... Speak Italian.
This one's not so bad after all.
So let's start with the bottle: it's okay. My female hands find it a bit big, but for men it's probably much easier to handle, or, as they say, ergonomic. I like the fact that it's matt and you can still see how much more it has to offer.

As for durability, I can say that it holds up fantastically on the pillow. As if the sailor(s) had been lying on it just a few hours ago and had left me. And that, although he is already gone since yesterday On my skin I still perceive vanilla and amber in the evening (white moss? I don't know what that smells like, if I knew, I could say something about it), but I have to admit that I have added more during the day.
The sailor's best friend, who wants to pretend to be a bad boy and have a cigar, stays on my skin for maybe four hours, maybe a little more.

I have already mentioned it in another comment, but I like to repeat myself:
As with all LaRives, I think it is better to pinch your nose together for the first few seconds, at least until the minimal pungent alcohol smell has disappeared.
It's worth it.
For me, these are two similar but different scents, the sailor and his best friend.
I like them both, I adore the sailor, I adore him, I melt away, I stick to him like flies... the thing flies stick to I have a brother-sister relationship with his best friend. He comforts me when I have a broken heart. He gives me strength when I want to feel less small and shy. I may look cute in that little dress, but I have hair on my teeth, because he stands behind me, even if he doesn't stand out directly to everyone but me In his own way, he makes me happy. And not poor Cabana is a stupid name. I prefer to call him Andrea (in Italian it's a man's name, but I chose it deliberately in an ambiguous way) - and I thank him at this point for the friendship and comfort
KingGunner
Very good fragrance for everyday use in price/performance
Got it for 5€. The scent seems a bit artificial, especially at the beginning, but that doesn't mean it stinks! I like it very much and for many people it is a perfect signature scent, if you can simply spray without looking at the money. On me it even lasts very long on the skin with 8 hours. Skin-close it becomes so correctly after 4 hours. But you are noticed in school, study, training, work and of course also positively. The only thing you should be careful not to spray too much, otherwise it might cause nose cancer. I have found a maximum of 5 sprayers to be good and others too
Back to the Future ......La Rive Cabana vs. JPG Le Male
This scent has literally beamed me into the past ... and this although I have NEVER possessed it myself.
A colleague at work wore this fragrance a long time ago, and he just didn't want to tell me which perfume it was, since it must have been sometime between 2001 - 2002, it must have been the UR - Le Male that burned itself into my brain About 6-8 months ago I got a sample of the original at Douglas . briefly sprayed on, was not my case ........so back to the perfume shelf, where it is still standing now With the nose close to the arm it smelled like moldy fruit .
Since I have now made good experiences with the La Rive Extreme Story, I have now decided to give more attention to perfumes of this ultra low budget brand .... You can find enough lists in the net, regarding what is to be assigned to which fragrances Last week I tested this one .... and again this scent of mouldy fruit drew me into the nose ..........only 30 minutes later while I was shopping this irresistible scent suddenly drew me into the nose, which reminded me of that time, first I thought it was someone who had passed me wearing this scent, but no .... It was me who smelled so good! At home I made the A/B comparison .... and found out that today's Le Male is less pithy than this one, but much sweeter .
Similarly, the fragrances are undisputed, but this cheap one here was the one that reminded me of back then, and NOT the original !
The Sillage is clearly stronger for the first 40 minutes at Le Male, only after that the La Rive has an advantage .... and the original collapses The durability is also ok, and is on my skin at a good 6 hours ......on clothing it is still present even after days ......
I also think it's great that this La Rive, apart from the first 10 minutes .......doesn't smell synthetic at all .
All in all a great & impressive performance For 'n Appel and 'n Ei

La Rive Cabana
Hi,

In my opinion this is inspired by Le male, cuba gold, and perhaps javari.

It is extremely sweet fragrance, that on thy drydown bears resemblance with le male.

It is not that bad, quite good actually as a substitue fragrance. I was wondering using this to play with layering/mixing it with my cuba gold. Vanilla note in Cabana is very strong and could contribute to Cuba Gold Longevity/projection.

All in all it is a good cheapie, especially after 30min starting with application.

try it, it wont hurt.

by Tatidragomir
by YKem
by YKem

Popular La Rive

In Woman by La Rive Cuté by La Rive Touch of Woman by La Rive Sweet Hope by La Rive Miss Dream by La Rive Vanilla Touch by La Rive In Flames by La Rive So… Madame by La Rive Fleur de Femme by La Rive Queen of Life by La Rive Donna by La Rive Beauty by La Rive La Rive Woman by La Rive River of Love by La Rive Taste of Kiss by La Rive Extreme Story by La Rive Cash Woman by La Rive Have Fun by La Rive You Got Me by La Rive Scotish (Eau de Toilette) by La Rive