Extreme Story 2015

Extreme Story by La Rive
Extreme Story is a perfume by La Rive for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Fresh notes, Elemi resin
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Cardamom, Rose, Pelargonium, Peony, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Patchouli, Amber, Leathery notes

Submitted by Michael, last update on 21.08.2020.

My story on Extreme Story
Yes, this fragrance is the beginning of a very long journey with me an extreme story so to speak. (story at the beginning, scent rating at the end)

There I once stood with my girlfriend at the miller's, we were just looking for a toy for the niece. Then I thought with "oh let's go to the perfume department".
Done. I saw the large selection of perfumes and only had to smile at the prices. "Who spends so much money on perfumes? In the end, it's all a matter of taste anyway". Up to that point I only had cheap Bruno Banani and Playboy fragrances at home. My girlfriend then said "well, if you don't want to spend so much money, there's a brand that more or less imitates fragrances, la rive".
"Horny" I thought. Then you don't need the expensive ones anyway! So I took Cash and Extreme story with me, googled the scents and found the forum here. Sauvage hmmm I know that from the advertising... cool!

Sprayed on at home and I thought "Wow, that smells better than anything I have smelled so far" which admittedly is not difficult.
I was in love. Just felt horny with the smell. Woke up and still smelled it! I never knew that before. Took a happy walk and was just happy
Then came the thought of "I wonder what real sauvage smells like." So ordered samples, smelled horny, that smells even better but still very similar! "Somehow expensive perfumes must do what cheap brands can't." I think you all know how it went on from here. I bought all kinds of brand fragrances and disposed of my Bruno Banani and Playboy plörre
EVALUATION:
What does Extreme Story smell like?
Now as with all La Rives, you have a strong alcohol note at the beginning. You have to give the scent 20 minutes. What makes it different from Sauvage which has one of the hottest top notes I know, really nice fruity warm aaah cool.
Heart and base note are then really similar, however, one has the feeling to wear Sauvage with both. In Extreme Story it feels like wearing a flanker of the Sauvage line without Ambroxan. Yes, that is completely (or almost completely) missing there. So if you don't like Ambroxan you might like Extreme story.
Due to the sad loss of Ambroxan, ES does not feel so nice and warm, glowing and noble. But what can you expect for 6 Euro? These 6 Euro beat all the perfumes I have tested for less than 30 Euro I still wear it today when Sauvage is too good for me. Really a super dupe. Superduper hehe (please put your feet up that was flat)

Clear blind buy recommendation, even if you already own Sauvage.

So guys that was my story on Extreme Story. Who knows how it goes on but I think the name could not have been better It was really an extremely cool story in the world of fragrances.
Clone or no clone...
...there's no question here. But I don't give a damn either. For 6.50€ almost free. For that I would have paid 50€. I could spend one bottle per month at that price, but it's not necessary. 3 squirts are enough thick. 5 days ago I stumbled over the company and some of their fragrances at DM. I thought, it won't hurt to try it. Fiddlesticks. That was Scotish from LR. But another subject. Today it was due. Test spatters in the air, mask off, and... leckomio, I thought. I looked at the bottle, it didn't say Dior Sauvage. But it smells like it. Exactly or not, whatever the percentage, I bought 3 bottles, because I thought I would have to reissue it in the morning, at noon and in the evening. Nothing. Today at 18.50 I put it on before going out to eat, but now I still take it at 23.30. Flattened, but it is there. I won't run out that quickly, but that's good. 225ml EdT for not even 20€. Fabulous! There is nothing more to say about the fragrance, everything has already been mentioned here and Sauvage is known as a collector. Perhaps still, who stands on stamps, only the original comes to the shelf. I find it a bit more intrusive than the original, but I like it and that's why it's on my shelf now. 6.50€, I still can not believe it. A brilliant performance by La Rive.
Manuel81
This scent has actually triggered a discussion within the family. Dior Sauvage EdP vs La Rive Extreme Story
By the way, I became aware of this perfume through this forum here.
Not even in my dreams would I have come up with the idea to test a perfume for 6 Euro ...let alone to buy it! Sauvage as EdP I have now for a good 2 months in my collection, and for me it is currently one of the best fragrances I know .
The fact that this fragrance is very close to the original, has made me curious of course.
So quickly to DM , and off we go with the A/B comparison .
3 persons within the family were provided by me as test objects, and nobody knew which fragrances were involved, let alone what they cost After spraying on La Rive you have to give it a good 20 minutes time, the top note stinks intensely after 0815 deodorant in combination with antifreeze ......only then the sauvage DNA comes to light.
My mother, who probably has the best nose in the family, tended DIRECTLY to Sauvage .... my father said Sauvage was less intrusive, but in the base almost identical to this one.
I personally, who had both fragrances on my arm, one on the left, one on the right, had trouble and trouble keeping them apart at all.
La Rive is almost identical in the base, but comes a little fresher & pepperier, while Sauvage is a little warmer / spicier & sweeter.
While we continued to discuss, another 5-10 minutes passed by .... and my mother also wanted to test again, now suddenly she said that the two fragrances would smell more and more similar In the end, I explained which perfumes were involved, and the Sauvage 60 ml costs around 70 Euros, while the La Rive only costs 6 Euros for 75 ml ......the speechless faces were unique !

Now something about durability & Sillage .
The Sillage is, if you increase the dosage by 50% compared to the Sauvage, almost identical ...but only for about the first 3 hours .... after that he will be closer and closer to the skin The durability is actually quite good, and is around 6 hours, whereby I could still perceive the scent on the skin even after 12 hours.
For in between this fragrance is therefore very suitable, but you could also use it for layering ......with the original e.g. .........this one here as deodorant and/or body spray in summer, and from the original then just much less on the neck .
The quality & class of a Sauvage does not have this scent, but considering the price, the result is impressive !
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you give it at least 15 minutes time after spraying on, because the top note is almost repeatable !

Oldish2002
Great choice for the price
I don’t know how’s the price in other stores or countries for this one, but here it’s like too cheap. 5-6 € for 100ML. Depends on the store you are buying from. I tested it in a local store here and it’s 70-75% copy of Sauvage. Sharp, peppery, synthetic..pretty same vibe as suavage. Only an expert nose will be able to say that it’s not sauvage. Sprayer works exactly as sauvage does.
I know that there are better clones out there but this is the best for me regarding the price/performance.
As I said, I’ve tested it in the store. 1 semi-spray on the hand (because 1 full spray would have been too much). Performance ? I detected the smell even after 5-6 hours, to be honest. And the projection was pretty strong in the first 1,2 hours.
I will buy it for sure, just for fun and for collection. I also need to get my nose on La Rive Brave, which is a clone of invictus by paco rabane. I am sure that I saw that too at the very same range of price.

Overall : 7/10
Torbinius
There are much better dupes
Well, this scent really tries everything to be seen as Clon of Sauvage. It remains however with the attempt.
Sauvage is generally already very pushy and edgy (not bad meant), but here it's clearly too aggressive, which is not exactly positive in the environment of the wearer. This is because in the top note there is not the citric freshness as in Sauvage but the alcohol and in the base not the magical metallic Ambrox from Sauvage but a much too extreme spice and pepper note for my nose. But maybe that's where the name comes from ;)

Yes you can think that for 6,99€ you can't do much wrong and the temptation is great if you see this fragrance in every DM, miller and Kaufland, but at Douglas and Karstadt there is a clon called Writer for 14,99€ which differs only minimally from the original and for the price of currently 14,99€ gets out the optimum of the possible. It's a pity that this fragrance is now probably dusty in the back corners...
Flo92
Amazing amount of sauvage for a very narrow thaler
So this will be my first more detailed text here at Parfumo, because the 140 characters for a statement this time are simply not enough for me. To start with, I'm not a real expert on perfumes who smells every nuance, no matter how small. Therefore I will rather refer here to my personal sensation than to an all too profound analysis of each individual fragrance Well, how did I even hear about Extreme Story? In fact, a good friend, whom I mistakenly (or not? :D) thought I was sniffing Dior Sauvage, brought me to this fragrance. When we talked about it and he told me that he had bought this Sauvage clone for just 6€ at DM, it was clear where my next way would go the following day.
I would never have thought of testing Extreme Story myself, as I haven't bought perfume in drugstores for some time and the basic design of the bottle isn't as appealing (it looks cheap, which it is).
Now let's get to the fragrance itself. The top note is unfortunately strongly influenced by an unpleasant alcohol odor (typical cheap perfume) and shows little of the spicy fresh note, which is there in the big brother from the first second. The really astonishing thing is, however, that Extreme Story gets shockingly close to Sauvage after the alcohol odor fades from the heart note. Unfortunately the endurance here is not quite so strong but hey, what can you expect with a fragrance for ~8€/100ml and his 5-6 hours Extreme Story holds out for me too.
Overall, I'm amazed at how much performance you get for this extremely low price, even though I have to say that Sauvage Extreme Story beats in every category except price, of course.
I would like to spend 1-2€ more, if the design and also the workmanship of the flacon would be a little higher. If you already have the complete chrome decoration of the bottle in your hand when you remove the lid for the first time, this simply doesn't do justice to this really good fragrance.
Generic perfume?
Well, it's always the price tag question! Can a dupe be as good as the original? It's good that I don't know Dior Sauvage, so I can only form an opinion about Extreme Story. The fragrance is very balanced, but I don't see it as fresh as most here (only in the stairs). I feel the Sillage more intensely than with many brand scents. Of course you have to like the scent mixture. In my case it does, although it doesn't quite make it on the list of my top favourites ... However, this is not a question of quality, but of taste. Sauvage might not have the very best cards for that either.

I'll make a daring comparison with the pharmaceutical industry: If you buy a nasal spray or headache tablets, who will use the expensive original from Bayer or Merck today? The main thing is that it works. The comparison may be a little flimsy, but La Rive can really be smelled here for less than 15 euros for 100 ml. This also applies to other fragrances of this brand. We know that the cosmetics industry has the highest profit margins of all. And yet you keep asking yourself the same question: Can a cheap product do the same thing as a five times more expensive product?
What I would deny in the case of sports equipment or mattresses, for example, since they are permanently exposed to high mechanical stress, may not necessarily apply to the perfume industry. I am currently wearing ES on my left arm and Bleu de Chanel on my right arm in the self-test (haha) for several hours now. I actually like the latter a bit better, but only because it comes across more citric and I like it. In my opinion, however, they don't give themselves anything in intensity and balance. And if I go out tonight, maybe I'd actually rather go for ES ...

Where's the pepper?
I'll try to keep this brief. The opening is shockingly identical to Sauvage - like 99%. But there's somthing missing in there...can you guess what?

Sauvage uses 3 kinds of peper. That's right, 3 kinds. The spiciness in Extreme Story is simply lacking. In here, it's more about the orange-geranium combo, with cardamom giving it some kick. Like I said, the opening is great and you've pretty much got Sauvage for like 30 minutes. But after that, the projection starts to wane pretty fast. Longevity is 6 hours TOPS, with it being a skin scent for the last 4. Shame - but then again, the potency of Sauvage always gave me a headache and this stuff is much more tolerable.

Seriously though, the blend is good and smooth - no complaints there - but the performance just doesn't measure up to the wild beast. Although, looking past the tacky presentation, I think this one still deserves a thumbs up. It trumps Zara's Aromatic Future in both smell and performance and the price is fantastic. Just spray your clothes and you should be good. Too bad it's only 75 mL, because I would love to go nuts on the trigger. TS, I guess.

DawkinatorDawkinator 19 months ago
Very good, seems a lot a Sauvage, but more sweet.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
This is a Sauvage acomplished clone with less pepper. Nice wearable cologne with average performance. For the price it costs it's a winner.
Sergio80Sergio80 4 years ago
It's a well managed copy of Dior Sauvage, tried it today at a perfume store: longevity and sillage are thought a question mark,to find out!

La Rive - Extreme Story
by BassWurst
by ErhanSaceros
by ErhanSaceros
by eBOSS
by eBOSS

Popular La Rive

In Woman by La Rive Cuté by La Rive Touch of Woman by La Rive In Flames by La Rive Vanilla Touch by La Rive Miss Dream by La Rive Sweet Hope by La Rive Beauty by La Rive Fleur de Femme by La Rive Queen of Life by La Rive So… Madame by La Rive La Rive Woman by La Rive Donna by La Rive In Woman Red by La Rive Taste of Kiss by La Rive Cabana (Eau de Toilette) by La Rive Cash Woman by La Rive Have Fun by La Rive Scotish (Eau de Toilette) by La Rive My Delicate by La Rive