Extreme Story 2015

Extreme Story by La Rive
Extreme Story is a perfume by La Rive for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Fresh notes, Elemi resin
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Cardamom, Rose, Pelargonium, Peony, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Patchouli, Amber, Leathery notes

Submitted by Michael, last update on 30.12.2020.

Price / performance monster
Sporty, fresh, Sauvage-like... a fragrance I like very much!

For 6€ in the drugstore, La Rive Extreme Story is kind of a wunderkind.

Also the stands with me on the shelf and rightly so. Because he can what. Smell good, moderate sillage and average durability.... For the price a kind of must-have for friends of Sauvage similar fragrances!

Buys you the :-)
Mica76
Pleasant and appropriate to its price
Another La Rive Cheapie, which I at least count as one of the better ones.
Right away, Sauvage smells a little better, and also different, and the first few minutes of Extreme Story are characterized by a brutal alcohol cloud, but after so about 15 minutes it becomes pleasant, you smell spicy-fresh, and not necessarily obtrusive.

In short, I like the fragrance, even if it is difficult for me to describe it really tangible.
Definitely suitable for everyday life, if you just want to smell fresh, and in the usual 6-8 € price range certainly not a bad buy.

Unfortunately, I find durability and sillage, although okay for the price, not too pronounced with me. Leads for me to the fact that I hardly notice him, for example, at work after 3-4 hours.
Since but certainly also plays a subjective component with.
KevinGrey
The wilder Sauvage and old friend at the same time
When I first discovered this fragrance, I had never heard of Dior Sauvage.

I had simply let the title encourage me to test it and it reminded me of an old acquaintance from my school days: Route 66 (the 90s version). Not to wear it, but as a reminder I bought it then.

Later I got to know Dior Sauvage. Yes, not exactly the same, but very similar. From the bottle alone, you can tell that Extreme Story (ES) is a dupe of Sauvage.

But what does it look like on the skin in a direct comparison in everyday life?

It starts out extremely alcoholic, but then becomes more and more like Sauvage. But unlike Sauvage, it does not have a course. So it only gets weaker with time, but keeps the heart note of Sauvage all the time, which I find very beneficial.

The shelf life is weaker than that of Sauvage. After 2 hours it becomes very close.

In the drydown I like the ES better than Sauvage, because it stays spicier. Sauvage becomes "powdery-precious" at some point, which for me misses the point. "Sauvage" means "wild," not "noble gentleman." The ES, on the other hand, remains "wild-spicy".

Adequate replacement for Route 66 and Dior Sauvage. Good when freshness and masculinity are required.

Because of their similarity I also like to lay the ES with a little sauvage. Complements each other, in my opinion, well. So it's worth having a small amount of sauvage next to ES.
Dsarfase
The women are running after her in droves...
...well, it's not quite that, but with this EDT you can expect reactions. My girlfriend hasn't jumped me yet, but the secretary at work is looking weird. So it's a damn good EDT. If it wasn't for Sauvage, you could easily sell Extreme Story for three figures. And here's where you have to see the price. The boxes stand for 6,- completely dusty at the bottom of the DM-shelf. Not every La Rive is a success, but this one plays in a very high league. The first quarter of an hour, I agree with all the testers, is a bit pushy. After that it settles down very positively. For a few hours, you get wrapped up in a rather interesting aura. The lavender blasts out of your sweater, you smell like a Western package. This is a compliment. That's how a perfume should be. And since the EDT also brings a good silage, other people smell it, too. You're allowed to feel good.
Of course it does not smell exactly like Sauvage. It doesn't have to. The mixture is nevertheless quite well done. A perfume for 6 Euro, which smells like that, deserves a good rating. Point.
But there is also criticism on my part. I know this from e-steaming: Not every crass liquid is suitable for all-day use. Here at Extreme Story it is the same. Since the shelf life is quite good, you have the smell of lavender in your nose for 6 hours. If you exaggerate that, it gets penetrating. It all smells and tastes like sauvage. Even the sauerbraten. You feel like a walking sauna infusion. Like Lavender Man. If it was Allday, I'd be sick of it. Since a normal person only has one date a week, it's perfect. You definitely do nothing wrong with this EDT
My story on Extreme Story
Yes, this fragrance is the beginning of a very long journey with me an extreme story so to speak. (story at the beginning, scent rating at the end)

There I once stood with my girlfriend at the miller's, we were just looking for a toy for the niece. Then I thought with "oh let's go to the perfume department".
Done. I saw the large selection of perfumes and only had to smile at the prices. "Who spends so much money on perfumes? In the end, it's all a matter of taste anyway". Up to that point I only had cheap Bruno Banani and Playboy fragrances at home. My girlfriend then said "well, if you don't want to spend so much money, there's a brand that more or less imitates fragrances, la rive".
"Horny" I thought. Then you don't need the expensive ones anyway! So I took Cash and Extreme story with me, googled the scents and found the forum here. Sauvage hmmm I know that from the advertising... cool!

Sprayed on at home and I thought "Wow, that smells better than anything I have smelled so far" which admittedly is not difficult.
I was in love. Just felt horny with the smell. Woke up and still smelled it! I never knew that before. Took a happy walk and was just happy
Then came the thought of "I wonder what real sauvage smells like." So ordered samples, smelled horny, that smells even better but still very similar! "Somehow expensive perfumes must do what cheap brands can't." I think you all know how it went on from here. I bought all kinds of brand fragrances and disposed of my Bruno Banani and Playboy plörre
EVALUATION:
What does Extreme Story smell like?
Now as with all La Rives, you have a strong alcohol note at the beginning. You have to give the scent 20 minutes. What makes it different from Sauvage which has one of the hottest top notes I know, really nice fruity warm aaah cool.
Heart and base note are then really similar, however, one has the feeling to wear Sauvage with both. In Extreme Story it feels like wearing a flanker of the Sauvage line without Ambroxan. Yes, that is completely (or almost completely) missing there. So if you don't like Ambroxan you might like Extreme story.
Due to the sad loss of Ambroxan, ES does not feel so nice and warm, glowing and noble. But what can you expect for 6 Euro? These 6 Euro beat all the perfumes I have tested for less than 30 Euro I still wear it today when Sauvage is too good for me. Really a super dupe. Superduper hehe (please put your feet up that was flat)

Clear blind buy recommendation, even if you already own Sauvage.

So guys that was my story on Extreme Story. Who knows how it goes on but I think the name could not have been better It was really an extremely cool story in the world of fragrances.
Clone or no clone...
...there's no question here. But I don't give a damn either. For 6.50€ almost free. For that I would have paid 50€. I could spend one bottle per month at that price, but it's not necessary. 3 squirts are enough thick. 5 days ago I stumbled over the company and some of their fragrances at DM. I thought, it won't hurt to try it. Fiddlesticks. That was Scotish from LR. But another subject. Today it was due. Test spatters in the air, mask off, and... leckomio, I thought. I looked at the bottle, it didn't say Dior Sauvage. But it smells like it. Exactly or not, whatever the percentage, I bought 3 bottles, because I thought I would have to reissue it in the morning, at noon and in the evening. Nothing. Today at 18.50 I put it on before going out to eat, but now I still take it at 23.30. Flattened, but it is there. I won't run out that quickly, but that's good. 225ml EdT for not even 20€. Fabulous! There is nothing more to say about the fragrance, everything has already been mentioned here and Sauvage is known as a collector. Perhaps still, who stands on stamps, only the original comes to the shelf. I find it a bit more intrusive than the original, but I like it and that's why it's on my shelf now. 6.50€, I still can not believe it. A brilliant performance by La Rive.
Manuel81
This scent has actually triggered a discussion within the family. Dior Sauvage EdP vs La Rive Extreme Story
By the way, I became aware of this perfume through this forum here.
Not even in my dreams would I have come up with the idea to test a perfume for 6 Euro ...let alone to buy it! Sauvage as EdP I have now for a good 2 months in my collection, and for me it is currently one of the best fragrances I know .
The fact that this fragrance is very close to the original, has made me curious of course.
So quickly to DM , and off we go with the A/B comparison .
3 persons within the family were provided by me as test objects, and nobody knew which fragrances were involved, let alone what they cost After spraying on La Rive you have to give it a good 20 minutes time, the top note stinks intensely after 0815 deodorant in combination with antifreeze ......only then the sauvage DNA comes to light.
My mother, who probably has the best nose in the family, tended DIRECTLY to Sauvage .... my father said Sauvage was less intrusive, but in the base almost identical to this one.
I personally, who had both fragrances on my arm, one on the left, one on the right, had trouble and trouble keeping them apart at all.
La Rive is almost identical in the base, but comes a little fresher & pepperier, while Sauvage is a little warmer / spicier & sweeter.
While we continued to discuss, another 5-10 minutes passed by .... and my mother also wanted to test again, now suddenly she said that the two fragrances would smell more and more similar In the end, I explained which perfumes were involved, and the Sauvage 60 ml costs around 70 Euros, while the La Rive only costs 6 Euros for 75 ml ......the speechless faces were unique !

Now something about durability & Sillage .
The Sillage is, if you increase the dosage by 50% compared to the Sauvage, almost identical ...but only for about the first 3 hours .... after that he will be closer and closer to the skin The durability is actually quite good, and is around 6 hours, whereby I could still perceive the scent on the skin even after 12 hours.
For in between this fragrance is therefore very suitable, but you could also use it for layering ......with the original e.g. .........this one here as deodorant and/or body spray in summer, and from the original then just much less on the neck .
The quality & class of a Sauvage does not have this scent, but considering the price, the result is impressive !
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you give it at least 15 minutes time after spraying on, because the top note is almost repeatable !

Oldish2002
Great choice for the price
I don’t know how’s the price in other stores or countries for this one, but here it’s like too cheap. 5-6 € for 100ML. Depends on the store you are buying from. I tested it in a local store here and it’s 70-75% copy of Sauvage. Sharp, peppery, synthetic..pretty same vibe as suavage. Only an expert nose will be able to say that it’s not sauvage. Sprayer works exactly as sauvage does.
I know that there are better clones out there but this is the best for me regarding the price/performance.
As I said, I’ve tested it in the store. 1 semi-spray on the hand (because 1 full spray would have been too much). Performance ? I detected the smell even after 5-6 hours, to be honest. And the projection was pretty strong in the first 1,2 hours.
I will buy it for sure, just for fun and for collection. I also need to get my nose on La Rive Brave, which is a clone of invictus by paco rabane. I am sure that I saw that too at the very same range of price.

Overall : 7/10
Torbinius
There are much better dupes
Well, this scent really tries everything to be seen as Clon of Sauvage. It remains however with the attempt.
Sauvage is generally already very pushy and edgy (not bad meant), but here it's clearly too aggressive, which is not exactly positive in the environment of the wearer. This is because in the top note there is not the citric freshness as in Sauvage but the alcohol and in the base not the magical metallic Ambrox from Sauvage but a much too extreme spice and pepper note for my nose. But maybe that's where the name comes from ;)

Yes you can think that for 6,99€ you can't do much wrong and the temptation is great if you see this fragrance in every DM, miller and Kaufland, but at Douglas and Karstadt there is a clon called Writer for 14,99€ which differs only minimally from the original and for the price of currently 14,99€ gets out the optimum of the possible. It's a pity that this fragrance is now probably dusty in the back corners...
Flo92
Amazing amount of sauvage for a very narrow thaler
So this will be my first more detailed text here at Parfumo, because the 140 characters for a statement this time are simply not enough for me. To start with, I'm not a real expert on perfumes who smells every nuance, no matter how small. Therefore I will rather refer here to my personal sensation than to an all too profound analysis of each individual fragrance Well, how did I even hear about Extreme Story? In fact, a good friend, whom I mistakenly (or not? :D) thought I was sniffing Dior Sauvage, brought me to this fragrance. When we talked about it and he told me that he had bought this Sauvage clone for just 6€ at DM, it was clear where my next way would go the following day.
I would never have thought of testing Extreme Story myself, as I haven't bought perfume in drugstores for some time and the basic design of the bottle isn't as appealing (it looks cheap, which it is).
Now let's get to the fragrance itself. The top note is unfortunately strongly influenced by an unpleasant alcohol odor (typical cheap perfume) and shows little of the spicy fresh note, which is there in the big brother from the first second. The really astonishing thing is, however, that Extreme Story gets shockingly close to Sauvage after the alcohol odor fades from the heart note. Unfortunately the endurance here is not quite so strong but hey, what can you expect with a fragrance for ~8€/100ml and his 5-6 hours Extreme Story holds out for me too.
Overall, I'm amazed at how much performance you get for this extremely low price, even though I have to say that Sauvage Extreme Story beats in every category except price, of course.
I would like to spend 1-2€ more, if the design and also the workmanship of the flacon would be a little higher. If you already have the complete chrome decoration of the bottle in your hand when you remove the lid for the first time, this simply doesn't do justice to this really good fragrance.

DawkinatorDawkinator 2 years ago
Very good, seems a lot a Sauvage, but more sweet.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
This is a Sauvage acomplished clone with less pepper. Nice wearable cologne with average performance. For the price it costs it's a winner.
Sergio80Sergio80 5 years ago
It's a well managed copy of Dior Sauvage, tried it today at a perfume store: longevity and sillage are thought a question mark,to find out!

La Rive - Extreme Story
by BassWurst
by ErhanSaceros
by ErhanSaceros
by eBOSS
by eBOSS

Popular La Rive

In Woman by La Rive Cuté by La Rive Touch of Woman by La Rive Sweet Hope by La Rive Miss Dream by La Rive Vanilla Touch by La Rive In Flames by La Rive So… Madame by La Rive Fleur de Femme by La Rive Queen of Life by La Rive Donna by La Rive Beauty by La Rive La Rive Woman by La Rive Taste of Kiss by La Rive River of Love by La Rive Cabana (Eau de Toilette) by La Rive Cash Woman by La Rive Have Fun by La Rive You Got Me by La Rive Scotish (Eau de Toilette) by La Rive