Extreme Story (2015)

Extreme Story by La Rive

Extreme Story is a perfume by La Rive for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-synthetic. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Fresh notes, Elemi resin
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Cardamom, Rose, Pelargonium, Peony, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Patchouli, Amber, Leather notes

Submitted by Michael, last update on 09.08.2019

7.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Oldish2002
Great choice for the price
I don’t know how’s the price in other stores or countries for this one, but here it’s like too cheap. 5-6 € for 100ML. Depends on the store you are buying from. I tested it in a local store here and it’s 70-75% copy of Sauvage. Sharp, peppery, synthetic..pretty same vibe as suavage. Only an expert nose will be able to say that it’s not sauvage. Sprayer works exactly as sauvage does.
I know that there are better clones out there but this is the best for me regarding the price/performance.
As I said, I’ve tested it in the store. 1 semi-spray on the hand (because 1 full spray would have been too much). Performance ? I detected the smell even after 5-6 hours, to be honest. And the projection was pretty strong in the first 1,2 hours.
I will buy it for sure, just for fun and for collection. I also need to get my nose on La Rive Brave, which is a clone of invictus by paco rabane. I am sure that I saw that too at the very same range of price.

Overall : 7/10
7.0 7.0 6.0 4.0/10

Torbinius
There are much better dupes
Well, this scent really tries everything to be seen as Clon of Sauvage. It remains however with the attempt.
Sauvage is generally already very pushy and edgy (not bad meant), but here it's clearly too aggressive, which is not exactly positive in the environment of the wearer. This is because in the top note there is not the citric freshness as in Sauvage but the alcohol and in the base not the magical metallic Ambrox from Sauvage but a much too extreme spice and pepper note for my nose. But maybe that's where the name comes from ;)

Yes you can think that for 6,99€ you can't do much wrong and the temptation is great if you see this fragrance in every DM, miller and Kaufland, but at Douglas and Karstadt there is a clon called Writer for 14,99€ which differs only minimally from the original and for the price of currently 14,99€ gets out the optimum of the possible. It's a pity that this fragrance is now probably dusty in the back corners...
4.0 6.0 6.0 7.0/10

Flo92
Amazing amount of sauvage for a very narrow thaler
So this will be my first more detailed text here at Parfumo, because the 140 characters for a statement this time are simply not enough for me. To start with, I'm not a real expert on perfumes who smells every nuance, no matter how small. Therefore I will rather refer here to my personal sensation than to an all too profound analysis of each individual fragrance Well, how did I even hear about Extreme Story? In fact, a good friend, whom I mistakenly (or not? :D) thought I was sniffing Dior Sauvage, brought me to this fragrance. When we talked about it and he told me that he had bought this Sauvage clone for just 6€ at DM, it was clear where my next way would go the following day.
I would never have thought of testing Extreme Story myself, as I haven't bought perfume in drugstores for some time and the basic design of the bottle isn't as appealing (it looks cheap, which it is).
Now let's get to the fragrance itself. The top note is unfortunately strongly influenced by an unpleasant alcohol odor (typical cheap perfume) and shows little of the spicy fresh note, which is there in the big brother from the first second. The really astonishing thing is, however, that Extreme Story gets shockingly close to Sauvage after the alcohol odor fades from the heart note. Unfortunately the endurance here is not quite so strong but hey, what can you expect with a fragrance for ~8€/100ml and his 5-6 hours Extreme Story holds out for me too.
Overall, I'm amazed at how much performance you get for this extremely low price, even though I have to say that Sauvage Extreme Story beats in every category except price, of course.
I would like to spend 1-2€ more, if the design and also the workmanship of the flacon would be a little higher. If you already have the complete chrome decoration of the bottle in your hand when you remove the lid for the first time, this simply doesn't do justice to this really good fragrance.
8.0 8.0 8.0 7.0/10

Generic perfume?
Well, it's always the price tag question! Can a dupe be as good as the original? It's good that I don't know Dior Sauvage, so I can only form an opinion about Extreme Story. The fragrance is very balanced, but I don't see it as fresh as most here (only in the stairs). I feel the Sillage more intensely than with many brand scents. Of course you have to like the scent mixture. In my case it does, although it doesn't quite make it on the list of my top favourites ... However, this is not a question of quality, but of taste. Sauvage might not have the very best cards for that either.

I'll make a daring comparison with the pharmaceutical industry: If you buy a nasal spray or headache tablets, who will use the expensive original from Bayer or Merck today? The main thing is that it works. The comparison may be a little flimsy, but La Rive can really be smelled here for less than 15 euros for 100 ml. This also applies to other fragrances of this brand. We know that the cosmetics industry has the highest profit margins of all. And yet you keep asking yourself the same question: Can a cheap product do the same thing as a five times more expensive product?
What I would deny in the case of sports equipment or mattresses, for example, since they are permanently exposed to high mechanical stress, may not necessarily apply to the perfume industry. I am currently wearing ES on my left arm and Bleu de Chanel on my right arm in the self-test (haha) for several hours now. I actually like the latter a bit better, but only because it comes across more citric and I like it. In my opinion, however, they don't give themselves anything in intensity and balance. And if I go out tonight, maybe I'd actually rather go for ES ...
6.0 5.0 5.0 9.0/10

Where's the pepper?
I'll try to keep this brief. The opening is shockingly identical to Sauvage - like 99%. But there's somthing missing in there...can you guess what?

Sauvage uses 3 kinds of peper. That's right, 3 kinds. The spiciness in Extreme Story is simply lacking. In here, it's more about the orange-geranium combo, with cardamom giving it some kick. Like I said, the opening is great and you've pretty much got Sauvage for like 30 minutes. But after that, the projection starts to wane pretty fast. Longevity is 6 hours TOPS, with it being a skin scent for the last 4. Shame - but then again, the potency of Sauvage always gave me a headache and this stuff is much more tolerable.

Seriously though, the blend is good and smooth - no complaints there - but the performance just doesn't measure up to the wild beast. Although, looking past the tacky presentation, I think this one still deserves a thumbs up. It trumps Zara's Aromatic Future in both smell and performance and the price is fantastic. Just spray your clothes and you should be good. Too bad it's only 75 mL, because I would love to go nuts on the trigger. TS, I guess.

Dawkinator 8 months ago
Very good, seems a lot a Sauvage, but more sweet.+1
9.0
Carlitos01 19 months ago
This is a Sauvage acomplished clone with less pepper. Nice wearable cologne with average performance. For the price it costs it's a winner.+5
Sergio80 3 years ago
It's a well managed copy of Dior Sauvage, tried it today at a perfume store: longevity and sillage are thought a question mark,to find out!+1

La Rive - Extreme Story
by BassWurst
by eBOSS
by eBOSS
by ErhanSaceros
by ErhanSaceros

Popular La Rive

In Woman by La Rive La Rive Woman by La Rive Touch of Woman by La Rive Queen of Life by La Rive Extreme Story by La Rive In Flames by La Rive Cabana (Eau de Toilette) by La Rive Cash Woman by La Rive Fleur de Femme by La Rive Scotish (Eau de Toilette) by La Rive Cuté by La Rive Cash for Men (Eau de Toilette) by La Rive Pearl Woman by La Rive Moon by La Rive Donna by La Rive Have Fun by La Rive Vanilla Touch by La Rive Brave by La Rive Colour by La Rive Grey Point (Eau de Toilette) by La Rive