Gallant

Gallant by La Rive
Gallant is a perfume by La Rive for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is synthetic-sweet. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesFruity notesFruity notes
Woody notesWoody notes
AmbroxanAmbroxan
LabdanumLabdanum
Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by Groxxda, last update on 27.03.2021.

Good Gucci Guilty Alternative
In my eyes, La Rive Gallant comes very close to Gucci Guilty. At first it smells a bit cheap synthetic, but after about 10 minutes the synthetic is gone and it spreads a sweet fresh surfer boy scent. This is of course a very subjective assessment but for me Gallant falls into a similar category as Fierce by A&F: very youthful, pleasing and seductive. The durability is not outstanding but by far okay, I would guess depending on the weather on 4-6h, which is really remarkable in this price range of drugstore fragrances in my opinion. The bottle was clearly saved, but because it is kept very simple, this is not overly negative.
The "play it safe" smell
The first thing you can perceive is a fine and not too strong sweetish fruity note, which brings a fine juniper berry-like trait and I tip to the use of gooseberry.

At the same time, the gooseberry I suspect is accompanied by another fruity sweetish nuance, which reminds me of a still somewhat unripe peach, but I'm not quite sure, because my brain is always saying "Peach! - No - tangerine! roars!" :-)

These two notes are enveloped by a clear citric, but not sour, subtly herbaceous note, which comes from bergamot in combination with lemon.

At the same time, a certain, almost ethereal, light woodsy, discreet wooden nuance plays out its charm, which ensures that the top note radiates a small hint of sauna infusion and I suspect here the use of cypress and pine wood.

A little later the fragrance has become a little softer without losing its fresh appearance.

Finely sweet, but at the same time Mediterranean herbaceous nuances of lavender combine with a beautiful fresh aromatic, slightly sweetish herbaceous note of rosemary and are transformed from a delicate sweet floral note of rose geranium into a pleasant so-called "evergreen" with which you can never go wrong, in other words: this is the "Ick geh' ma' lieber uff Nummer - Sicher Duft!

Very delicate, almost fragile and on my skin almost only in direct proximity to the skin, a very beautiful iris plays its powdery aspects to complement the skin.

"And I rather expected "almost nothing at all" from such a nearly 7€ fragrance, but nothing at all, really! :-)

In the last 3 hours, the light transparent wooden note, which is already perceptible in the heart note, has now completely built up and combines with a very fine earthy, very delicately sweet nuance and I suspected the use of Iso-E-Super and patchouli, but this is not Iso-Super, but according to the fragrance pyramid Ambroxan.

These two notes are accompanied by an even more fragile nuance of labdanum, which I was only able to identify with the help of coffee beans, but which gives a certain soft and caressing impression, I think.

The entire base is, and my nose thinks I'm already a little more confident, enclosed by the finest creamy wooden masculine and at the same time smart looking sandalwood and cedar wood and provides a nice smooth finish.

Unfortunately I could not perceive musk and tonka bean, but I can well imagine that these two fragrance components were used to complete the picture.

Altogether the fragrance lasts 7 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is conceived from the beginning of 3 hours to a very well perceptible half arm length, before it is reduced in leisurely steps until the fragrance is finished.

Gucci Guilty for Men.
A great alternative to Gucci Guilty, which is expensive, yet performs poorly. I think it's better than Zara Silver. Get this one and overspray.
If you use a right amount it will stay on your skin all day.
Simple lemon+vanilla scent profile that got me compliments. Plain but I love it.
Great for summer. One of my favourite summer cheapies.

Popular La Rive

In Woman by La Rive Cuté by La Rive In Flames by La Rive Touch of Woman by La Rive Miss Dream by La Rive Vanilla Touch by La Rive Fleur de Femme by La Rive You Got Me by La Rive Queen of Life by La Rive Sweet Hope by La Rive Beauty by La Rive La Rive Woman by La Rive Taste of Kiss by La Rive So… Madame by La Rive Donna by La Rive River of Love by La Rive In Woman Red by La Rive Extreme Story by La Rive Have Fun by La Rive My Delicate by La Rive