In Flames 2015

In Flames by La Rive
In Flames is a popular perfume by La Rive for women and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-floral. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesOrange, Aquatic notes, Hazelnut
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Pineapple, Melon, Heliotrope, Jasmine, Sandalwood, Exotic fruits
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Coconut, Vanilla, Dry woods

Submitted by Michael, last update on 02.09.2020.

Liny
The other day in the drugstore, looking for bargains..
Since some clones are quite wrong, I like to have your estimated perfume ratings at hand when testing to be able to make a preselection. This is what appeared on the well rated and available on the shelf of La Rive.

One... no two... Get me some test strips. First the La Rive, then the original. I was already flabbergasted. The top notes were almost identical in direct comparison and especially the hazelnut was clearly perceptible in both. I found this hazelnut note to be special and was, besides the price, the reason why I bought it spontaneously.

When I applied it to my body I was a little disappointed, because instead of the hazelnut I only took flowery notes and the jasmine note was the one I didn't like much. After about 10 minutes, relief sets in, the rose joins in and I feel as if I am lying freshly creamed in a flower meadow. A state to linger in, everyday stress byebye, serenity come around.

Yes, In Flames, you and I have become friends. You were not quite what I expected, but you are doing me good and I am happy to have you ☺️.
Neither you...
...nor your big sister are my case. Rarely do I get carried away with such statements, but this smell stinks. What disturbed me about Olympea was the salty vanilla or whatever that was, which is not present here. So I thought I might like In Flames, but I don't. He scratches, he smells kind of pompous and totally penetrating. I had sprayed him, put a sweater on him and then quickly realized that he was not for me. But the sweater smelled of this horrible water the next day, so I put it into the laundry right away. There is actually nothing more to say - we were, are and will not become friends!
Low sodium food
Of the three Olympea clones I have tested so far, this one has the least to do with its model.

The somewhat nasty, but also characteristic "salt note" in my nose (I find it rather sweaty, but slowly make friends with it - but that's another topic), which makes the scent recognizable, can only be guessed at easily. In the first 5 minutes it has at least a bit similarity with Olympea after approx. 2 hours.
The cold, aldehyde-like flowery "overtones" from the original, which remind me of Gabriela Sabatini, are also missing here.

The fragrance process disintegrates into two phases that do not fit together at all, and the transition is strange and inharmonic. The first is flowery (usual jasmine rose mix, much shallower than Olympea) with a bit of fruit compote and hairspray notes and reminds me of LVeB, the second is a base that smells almost the same as the Black Opium clone (with a hint of... coconut??).
As if someone at LR had tipped two old dupes together and said: "I got it!"
The version of Keshi is much better copied (but unfortunately not always available, seems to be a kind of promotional item), although unfortunately with more fruit (too much melon) and less flowers.

As an independent fragrance, I don't find it very special either. It is neither a good copy nor a good perfume, and as neither of them has any recognition value.
But it's not particularly bad either, but fits seamlessly into all the cardboard vanillas with this pseudo rugged artificial note that have come out in recent years and cost more than 10 times as much for the most part.
My Daily Business Casual
I look at the almost empty In Flames bottle in my hand, how did it get so empty so quickly? For a moment I ponder whether I should get supplies soon or start looking for something new, but then it's already time for the office. The decision is adjourned.

A few days later... stranded with the male colleagues in the duty-free area of the airport, the return flight is delayed, after a long day full of PowerPoint slides my inner battery is pretty empty and then comes this suggestion of my male colleagues: We're going to find you a perfume Oh, cheek, this is gonna be cheerful. Somewhat uncoordinated I get one or the other test strip pressed into my hand and I absolutely have to try this one Thierry Mugler... Actually, we agree on a lot of things that it doesn't suit me and somehow I manage to make it to the shelf with the Olympea bottles...
Yes, there is this amazingly similar scent to the one I use for my everyday office life, feminine, very pleasant, not edgy, not heavy, not intrusive, but a match for my nose and myself.
But somehow this fragrance is fuller and more intense than In Flames, yet I am stalling my colleagues for the test strip. No contradiction from the colleagues, even the realization that you might have noticed this before.
A small inner triumph, after a long day.
The next morning, the last accessory to be well dressed for the office, perfume.
Somehow in the first seconds today it seems a bit more chemical-artificial than usual, but a short time later it sits like a glove again and I can't resist a little smile. In Flames, I think we'll stay colleagues for a while.

Feuer und Flamme
by Anibunny
by TheOne01
by TheOne01
by Duftelinchen
by Duftelinchen

Popular La Rive

In Woman by La Rive Cuté by La Rive Touch of Woman by La Rive Vanilla Touch by La Rive Miss Dream by La Rive Sweet Hope by La Rive Beauty by La Rive Fleur de Femme by La Rive Queen of Life by La Rive So… Madame by La Rive La Rive Woman by La Rive Donna by La Rive In Woman Red by La Rive Taste of Kiss by La Rive Extreme Story by La Rive Cabana (Eau de Toilette) by La Rive Cash Woman by La Rive Have Fun by La Rive Scotish (Eau de Toilette) by La Rive My Delicate by La Rive