Sweet Hope

Sweet Hope by La Rive
7.6 / 10 120 Ratings
Sweet Hope is a popular perfume by La Rive for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is still available to purchase.
Goes well with Spirit of Cashmere Musk

Top Notes Top Notes ApricotApricot PlumPlum CoconutCoconut
Heart Notes Heart Notes TuberoseTuberose JasmineJasmine Lily of the valleyLily of the valley RoseRose RosewoodRosewood CarawayCaraway
Base Notes Base Notes SandalwoodSandalwood VanillaVanilla MuskMusk AlmondAlmond
Submitted by Neroline, last update on 17.01.2023.

3 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Ghost of Hypnotic poison
I live in Germany and this is discussed as a Hypnotic Poison Eau de Toilette dupe on several blog posts and videos. I love Hypnotic poison and tested the dupe while I was in the drugstore. So it's currently really cold and humid just for consideration and I have rather dry skin. I sprayed twice on my wrist and first was just the scent of alcohol. I expected this from a very cheap product. A minute later there was a faint sweetness and it slowly resembled Door's HP. There is nothing much to say. Projection next to non, no Sillage and the scent was gone after an 1 hr. I mean this is sold as EDP. thee reality is rather a body splash. This perfume is so faint and watered down, that I am really disappointed. The performance is beyond weak compared to the original, but even if I didn't know the intoxicating HP, I wouldn't ever buy this fragrance.
In conclusion :It's a no. Not even if you're on a budget. It's a waste of money.
An alternative discussed was Kenzo Amour and I agree to the resemblance. Maybe try this out instead.
Top Review 27
Younger than the original
The original that this perfume is clearly based on is now represented in all perfume trends again this winter and that's why I sprayed it on myself in the perfumery. I undoubtedly found the original great, but due to the vanilla-almond composition it was also very heavy, undynamic and old. Actually a great fragrance world, but more for my mother or grandma than for me. But because the scent didn't let me go, I wanted to give him a chance without putting 50€ into the sand.

I bought this fragrance (also on the flacon it is very clear) for 6 €. And he'd be worth twice as much to me loosely. The vanilla is pleasantly creamy and heavy, but doesn't hit you so hard in the head (or better in the nose) as the original. I smell almonds less here, but I smell coconut. All in all very close to the original, a very round scent, which is more like an EdT (but it is excellent with EdP) and a bit lighter compared to the original EdT (which looks more like an EdP).

I love it - better for me than the original! Younger, lighter, more dynamic!
Top Review 19
The light seduction
When I saw that there was a Hypnotic Poison Dupe from La Rive I had to test it right away, so I went out and found it... I find the bottle actually quite pretty and valuable ... Then I spray the fragrance on myself, honestly I expected a little more wums but Sweet Hope is rather reserved, warm, vanilla, sweet and sexy like the base of Hypnotic Poison if you already wear it for hours.
I like that very much because it always makes it wearable even on warm summer evenings :) The durability is not quite so great but for the price I like to add again

2 short views on the fragrance
KohakuKohaku 5 months ago
I cannot smell anything but Play-Doh.
DottiPandovaDottiPandova 12 months ago
This is just too sweet. Very, very vanilla ice cream. I use it when I just want a blast of vanilla. Smells a bit cheap and is very linear.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

5 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by La Rive

In Woman by La Rive Touch of Woman by La Rive Vanilla Touch by La Rive Miss Dream by La Rive In Flames by La Rive Beauty by La Rive Cuté by La Rive Fleur de Femme by La Rive Her Choice by La Rive Queen of Life by La Rive La Rive Woman by La Rive So… Madame by La Rive River of Love by La Rive Taste of Kiss by La Rive Black Creek by La Rive Donna by La Rive In Woman Red by La Rive Solare by La Rive Extreme Story by La Rive You Got Me by La Rive