River of Love 2019

River of Love by La Rive
River of Love is a new perfume by La Rive for women and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Melon, Coconut, Mandarin orange, Jasmine, Blackcurrant leaf, Cotton candy, Pineapple
Heart Notes Heart NotesCaraway, Nutmeg, Honey, Apricot, Blackberry, Plum, Orchid, Peach, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose, Red berries
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean, Vanilla, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Amber, Musk, Chocolate, Caramel

Submitted by Morticia, last update on 02.10.2020.

The river of life
Many years, almost decades ago, I fell in love with Angel. Almost everyone knows him, adored as much by many as hated him A very painful game of fate at that time led to the fact that the angel had to disappear from my life, since I would have associated everything that had to do with it with him.
The years flowed by, the river of life, the little boat with a red sail, all longing to forget and forgive.
I never go into the scent pyramid here, many people can read here.
What is actually wants to say:
Because my angel is always with me, I also had to step back to the abyss,
to the edge, looking down, my legs tremble, my mouth becomes dry, my sweat breaks out, my hair stands on end...
At the drugstore, I'll give it a shot...
Angel's Dupe...
He takes me by the hand, the little...
Come with me, I'll show you a garden, you'll be safe here
And I'm always with you
Remark: The current Angel has nothing in common with the old one anymore.
Yesterday bought at M silver earrings with imitation pearls.
They're prettier than my real ones

One Angel-light, please!
Those who like to drink cola etc. but do not want to consume a lot of sugar will gladly choose the light version. Others think that such a thing tastes too limp for them. This comparison probably fits best with River of Love.

When I first discovered the fragrance in the store, I didn't have to do a lot of research to find out what was being copied here. The angular bottle, the blue liquid and the star-decorated outer packaging make it easy for those who know Angel. Well, so you know what it should be, but does the actual fragrance live up to the promise of the presentation? Well...

You have to give the scent real credit for not doubting for a second what it is supposed to represent. Clearly a reference to Angel, Angel Muse, Innocent and Co. When spraying on, my nose experiences almost the same. Whatever helps you in the first moment helps better with a cold than Vicks Vaporub. If you can cope with this, you will be rewarded with luxurious sweets. This brings us to the comparison with Cola light: Yes, River of Love and Angel are undoubtedly going in the same direction, but La Rive is very watery in comparison and clearly "sugar-free"... At least the treats are not sweet enough to be as present under patchouli, berries and bergamot as the original.

But River of Love is not bad because of that. After all, it stands out in its price segment, because it is not only visible from one side. In fact, the fragrance has a real aura thanks to the combination of intense patchouli and cute candies. The fact that the durability and sillage are rather weak, I don't see here necessarily as a disadvantage, because this composition in itself is quite a club, which will quickly bludgeon unsuspecting people if you are not careful
Similar to those who drink real cola, I don't think you can convince die-hard Angel fans of the light version. After all, the fragrance polarizes so strongly that very often you either love or hate it. However, River of Love is ideal if you like the idea of the Angel family, but find the original scents too strong overall. I personally enjoy being reminded of a special perfume at my desk at home
0.5
No Angel
The river of love then caught my eye, because blue and river for me suggested a fresh scent. But far from it. With La Rive fragrances, I have not been blind buying for a long time, because I have experienced many nasty surprises. Therefore I test before and there is no tester there, then just not or next time.

I courageously reached for the bottle and expected a fresh, summery scent. It is November, but in a few weeks it will be summer again, where the days will get longer. On my hand I had after the usual hairspray mixture then a plörre of horror. Sorry, but all the chemistry was mixed together and the brew was called perfume. Wummser with resemblance to Angel, but somehow even more violent and cheaper. There was this smell that I couldn't classify. Head and heart note only chemistry without which a smell was recognizable. Moisty, pushy and a little vulgar. In the finish I suspected patchouli and sandalwood, which I like very much. Here, however, the other smells simply rolled over each other. Luckily, I didn't react like Angel did with a migraine. That was the only positive thing about the acquaintance with River of Love.

The shelf life fortunately not so long with 3 hours. There bottle an imposition and a melee weapon. The one in the handbag and the one pulled over the beet, the person goes to his knees.

This firecracker compares to Angel, but Angel is even more special and violent. Not to be called a dupe to that.

Those who love Angel should avoid this scent.

A dream comes true! :)
Hello,
i just signed up here because i had this strong need, because i took this dupe from LaRive to Angel from Rossman for less than 8 Euro today.
It's not my first dupe of LaRive, but I was so happy to hear about it (because it's one of my all-time favorites, if not my holy grail) that I became very curious. And yes, actually. 99%, same DNA as Angel von Mugler.
Maybe I like it even a little bit better, because the intensity of Angel can really knock you out and therefore the dosage is not always easy.
River of love is not quite as strong, not quite as durable. But still, compared to fragrances that are more "mainstream", still very, very intense and powerful.
BUT, of course, Angel is not for everyone. Chocolate, patchouli, fruit bomb explodes with every step of the wearer. Angel is pure femininity, not discreet, not quiet. It's KABOOM! Look how beautiful I am, thaha! And yes, I deliberately write it that way, because I think women have to be vain to be able to wear such fragrances.
If I were to compare Angel, or River of love, with a piece of clothing, it would be a silver shiny mullet dress, covered with shimmering pearls... They shine like a shell core in all colours.
Well, I can see why so many people don't like fishing. It's definitely something for Loud women.
Anyway, I am happy to have found this Dupe, because the Mugler was too expensive for me to wear it every day. Now I will wear this stunning fragrance more often, especially during the coming cold days... I'm so happy!
Thank you La Rive, please never take him out of your assortment! Now all you have to do is get the alien to do a great job :D
EdPLover
Well meant and bad done ...
When I recently heard via Instagram that you can now buy a dupe to Thierry Mugler's "Angel" from Rossmann of La Rive, which has been my favourite fragrance in autumn and winter for 14 years, I was bursting with curiosity!

Today I finally found the time to sniff the scent, but I have to admit that it didn't convince me.

The lady who wrote on Instagram that the two scents would smell identical, because she has the original at home and can therefore judge it, I would like to ask you to make an appointment with a good ENT specialist, because the complexity of Thierry Mugler's "Angel" this little water can in no way hold a candle to.

Yes, at first it smells like "Angel", which is why I was astonished at first, but the top note of "Angel" is a little unpleasant, which is why it always smells like "Angel". It takes 25 minutes until the fragrance develops from a pungent into a soft, cuddly and sweet fragrance and I don't know how, but after 4 hours the original smells very sweet, vanilla, chocolaty and simply pleasant and like a luxurious delicacy, you simply notice that the complexity of the fragrance develops and unfolds in the course of the day
Here at River of Love, what's happening on my skin? Right, nothing, nada, niente, nothing!

After I had the scent on my wrist for about 5 hours, it smelled much weaker than when I sprayed it on.

If you like the top note of the original, you will be satisfied with it, but I want it to be delicious, expensive and to bite on, but unfortunately this fragrance does not meet these expectations on my skin, but it smells penetrating and after I came with my wrist in the vicinity of my nose, sometime my stomach has become dull, which means, my nose can't get rid of the fragrance.

Here with this fragrance I don't smell chocolate, vanilla or caramel, but only a mixture of black currant, bergamot, nutmeg and patchouli, which reminds me totally of aftershave, just like the original, only it disappears there after a few minutes to luck.

Of course I advise everyone to give themselves an impression, only I know that if you buy and wear a fragrance for 14 years every year, you will notice a normal difference, whereby even the original has changed several times within the last 14 years, which of course also struck me.

For the price of 7,49€ (every 4 weeks for 5,99€ at Rossman on offer) you can't do much wrong, but I wouldn't want to wear the scent, but if you don't have a nose like mine, you might be totally satisfied with "River of Love" by La Rive.

I don't want to make anyone mad, because scents and perceptions are completely individual, but I stick with my star of Mugler and rather invest the few Euros more, because I notice an enormous difference and then a perfume is also worth the higher price to me.

When I was wearing the original and had a date, some people who picked me up already wrote me the next day that their car would still smell like me and SO should and must be.

Most of them never see me again after the first meeting, but they can still sulk, sniff and guess what they missed in their car for days afterwards. ;)

Popular La Rive

In Woman by La Rive Touch of Woman by La Rive Cuté by La Rive In Flames by La Rive Miss Dream by La Rive Vanilla Touch by La Rive Sweet Hope by La Rive Fleur de Femme by La Rive Queen of Life by La Rive So… Madame by La Rive La Rive Woman by La Rive Beauty by La Rive Donna by La Rive Taste of Kiss by La Rive Extreme Story by La Rive Cabana (Eau de Toilette) by La Rive In Woman Red by La Rive Cash Woman by La Rive Have Fun by La Rive Scotish (Eau de Toilette) by La Rive