River of Love (2019)

River of Love by La Rive

River of Love is a new perfume by La Rive for women and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-gourmand.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Melon, Coconut, Mandarin, Jasmine, Blackcurrant leaf, Cotton candy, Pineapple
Heart Notes Heart NotesCaraway, Nutmeg, Honey, Apricot, Blackberry, Plum, Orchid, Peach, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose, Red berries
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean, Vanilla, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Amber, Musk, Chocolate, Caramel

Submitted by Morticia, last update on 26.10.2019

5.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

A dream comes true! :)
Hello,
i just signed up here because i had this strong need, because i took this dupe from LaRive to Angel from Rossman for less than 8 Euro today.
It's not my first dupe of LaRive, but I was so happy to hear about it (because it's one of my all-time favorites, if not my holy grail) that I became very curious. And yes, actually. 99%, same DNA as Angel von Mugler.
Maybe I like it even a little bit better, because the intensity of Angel can really knock you out and therefore the dosage is not always easy.
River of love is not quite as strong, not quite as durable. But still, compared to fragrances that are more "mainstream", still very, very intense and powerful.
BUT, of course, Angel is not for everyone. Chocolate, patchouli, fruit bomb explodes with every step of the wearer. Angel is pure femininity, not discreet, not quiet. It's KABOOM! Look how beautiful I am, thaha! And yes, I deliberately write it that way, because I think women have to be vain to be able to wear such fragrances.
If I were to compare Angel, or River of love, with a piece of clothing, it would be a silver shiny mullet dress, covered with shimmering pearls... They shine like a shell core in all colours.
Well, I can see why so many people don't like fishing. It's definitely something for Loud women.
Anyway, I am happy to have found this Dupe, because the Mugler was too expensive for me to wear it every day. Now I will wear this stunning fragrance more often, especially during the coming cold days... I'm so happy!
Thank you La Rive, please never take him out of your assortment! Now all you have to do is get the alien to do a great job :D
5.0 4.0 4.0 5.0/10

EdPLover
Well meant and bad done ...
When I recently heard via Instagram that you can now buy a dupe to Thierry Mugler's "Angel" from Rossmann of La Rive, which has been my favourite fragrance in autumn and winter for 14 years, I was bursting with curiosity!

Today I finally found the time to sniff the scent, but I have to admit that it didn't convince me.

The lady who wrote on Instagram that the two scents would smell identical, because she has the original at home and can therefore judge it, I would like to ask you to make an appointment with a good ENT specialist, because the complexity of Thierry Mugler's "Angel" this little water can in no way hold a candle to.

Yes, at first it smells like "Angel", which is why I was astonished at first, but the top note of "Angel" is a little unpleasant, which is why it always smells like "Angel". It takes 25 minutes until the fragrance develops from a pungent into a soft, cuddly and sweet fragrance and I don't know how, but after 4 hours the original smells very sweet, vanilla, chocolaty and simply pleasant and like a luxurious delicacy, you simply notice that the complexity of the fragrance develops and unfolds in the course of the day
Here at River of Love, what's happening on my skin? Right, nothing, nada, niente, nothing!

After I had the scent on my wrist for about 5 hours, it smelled much weaker than when I sprayed it on.

If you like the top note of the original, you will be satisfied with it, but I want it to be delicious, expensive and to bite on, but unfortunately this fragrance does not meet these expectations on my skin, but it smells penetrating and after I came with my wrist in the vicinity of my nose, sometime my stomach has become dull, which means, my nose can't get rid of the fragrance.

Here with this fragrance I don't smell chocolate, vanilla or caramel, but only a mixture of black currant, bergamot, nutmeg and patchouli, which reminds me totally of aftershave, just like the original, only it disappears there after a few minutes to luck.

Of course I advise everyone to give themselves an impression, only I know that if you buy and wear a fragrance for 14 years every year, you will notice a normal difference, whereby even the original has changed several times within the last 14 years, which of course also struck me.

For the price of 7,49€ (every 4 weeks for 5,99€ at Rossman on offer) you can't do much wrong, but I wouldn't want to wear the scent, but if you don't have a nose like mine, you might be totally satisfied with "River of Love" by La Rive.

I don't want to make anyone mad, because scents and perceptions are completely individual, but I stick with my star of Mugler and rather invest the few Euros more, because I notice an enormous difference and then a perfume is also worth the higher price to me.

When I was wearing the original and had a date, some people who picked me up already wrote me the next day that their car would still smell like me and SO should and must be.

Most of them never see me again after the first meeting, but they can still sulk, sniff and guess what they missed in their car for days afterwards. ;)

Popular La Rive

In Woman by La Rive La Rive Woman by La Rive Touch of Woman by La Rive Queen of Life by La Rive Extreme Story by La Rive In Flames by La Rive Cabana (Eau de Toilette) by La Rive Cash Woman by La Rive Fleur de Femme by La Rive Scotish (Eau de Toilette) by La Rive Cuté by La Rive Cash for Men (Eau de Toilette) by La Rive Pearl Woman by La Rive Moon by La Rive Donna by La Rive Have Fun by La Rive Vanilla Touch by La Rive Brave by La Rive Colour by La Rive Grey Point (Eau de Toilette) by La Rive