Gorse by Laboratory Perfumes
8.0 / 10 122 Ratings
Gorse is a popular perfume by Laboratory Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Citrus notesCitrus notes BroomBroom CardamomCardamom

Submitted by qlertyp, last update on 16.11.2022.

3 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Top Review 15
VIW Dupe?
Hello dear ones,

i have VIW so far only in the shop can test and was directly and away... Problem: I like to use times 8-10 sprayers and for me the price is really too steep.

Thus, a dear perfume friend, because I was looking for a cheaper alternative, sent me a filling of a brand that produces only dupes of well-known fragrances. Again, I was in love with shock. Problem with the whole thing: the sprayers are supposed to be a pure disaster and the biggest drawback: after 3 hours, he is on my skin only to guess :(

Thus I have inquired here in the forum, which alternatives there are still and me because of the low price for 100 ml then for Gorse decided and ordered him blindly.

About the scent: the opening is definitely a bit different from the VIW, because here I get lemon in addition to lime.... after 5 minutes, the coconut comes to it, which is apparently none, I smell it but quite clearly and strongly out. Something spicy, the cardamom, I do not perceive.

Now we come to the Drydown: here I recognize 95% no more difference to the VIW, except that with Gorse the coconut note is somewhat more present, whereby one definitely still perceives the citric notes also.

To the durability: here I get a good 6 hours and that is also quite sufficient for such a kind of fragrance.

I absolutely do not regret the purchase and am waiting for the sun to finally come out again and I can enjoy it to the fullest, because this fragrance screams sunshine for me. I feel directly transferred to the spring / summer and he is for me an absolute "good mood" fragrance. It will definitely be my summer scent 2021 :-)

Virgin Island Light?
It seems a proper review of Gorse can't proceed without an inevitable comparison with the well-known perfume that alot of others compare it to. I hope you enjoy my thoughts and thank you for watching.
VIW for arms?
Definitely no. Being in possession of both perfumes, I'll take the liberty of making a comparison. The resemblance is astonishing and yet it does not feel like wearing a (cheap) clone. There's no way Gorse is cheap... and you can smell it. Nevertheless, it still costs only a fraction of the infamous Creed.
For durability...the virgin has to look sadly after the experienced Gorse.
If you ask me I would always prefer Gorse to the "original". First test VIW and if you like it order Gorse.

4 short views on the fragrance
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
Fresh and creamy scent. In the opening, the citruses are mouthwatering. I get something like a vanilla coconut that smells like Creed VIW.
EdP4hommeEdP4homme 2 years ago
Beautiful niche fragrance, doesn't last long, coconut-like lemony creamy for those very hot days
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Quite possibly the best alternative to "Virgin Island Water" out there, only slightly creamier.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 4 years ago
Fresh edt perfect for daily use in summer. Lemon and coconut is what i get the most. A bit spicy with an average performance

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

11 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Laboratory Perfumes

Samphire by Laboratory Perfumes Amber by Laboratory Perfumes Atlas by Laboratory Perfumes Tonka by Laboratory Perfumes