Essential 2005Eau de Toilette

Essential (Eau de Toilette) by Lacoste
Bottle Design Denis Boudard
Essential (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Lacoste for men and was released in 2005. The scent is fresh-green. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesTangerine, Bergamot, Tomato leaf, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlack pepper, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood, Woody notes

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 31.03.2020.

Smells worse than that
I got this fragrance a few years ago for Christmas and used it regularly and at any time of the year. At that time my interest in fragrances was not as strong as it is now. I didn't worry about fragrances, the right season or anything. I would probably also have been someone who, if he had bought perfume himself, would have been taken in by the usual head note blenders and would have plunged my savings into them - you were still a student. That's why I always found it quite comfortable when my grandparents gave me a fragrance for Christmas or my birthday, and this fragrance from Lacoste has shown me that such a gift process does not always have to be a total flop. It really doesn't have the most exciting fragrance, an outstanding durability and it doesn't smell extraordinary either.

The beginning is very invigorating and bright. The bergamot cannot be smelled. Particularly with the top note, it is more than just complicated, at least in this case, to smell out the individual components. As already mentioned, I notice the bergamot, but at the same time I notice that there are other components in the game which are mentioned in the product description, but which I would not have blindly sniffed. Let's agree that we have a start dominated by the bergamot, which is already green. This prelude lasts only a few minutes, because now comes the rose, a component of the heart note, which is supposed to be accompanied by black pepper. However, I do not perceive this in any way. But the bergamot still jumps around between the rose and all the other green stuff that makes up the top note
As quickly as the top note was supplemented or overtaken by the heart note, as quickly the components of the base note are added. Now the fragrance is actually starting to unfold all its green. The fragrance becomes light - really light - creamy. The woody notes now contrast with the bergamot, while the rose was already unspectacularly saying goodbye. This fragrance image is created - attention - within just fifteen minutes and decorates the wrist for about four hours. The Sillage is here quite small, why one does not really have to exercise caution with the dosage.

Conclusion: The fragrance is nothing spectacular, but also nothing with which one can really do a lot wrong. As someone who had little experience in perfumery at the time, I could have been much worse off with the fragrance gift. This product from Lacoste is really not a real flop, and I find it much more pleasant and wearable than the currently often sweet and sticky fragrance landscape alà Paco Rabane and Co., which is overloaded with an excessive amount of vanilla and tonka bean. (this side blow had to be simple).

Nice but doesn't last
Tried out my sample of this yesterday, and in general it's a really nice fragrance. Nothing out of the ordinary, a very safe and fresh citrus. Opening reminds me slightly of Montblanc Legend Spirit. However, not even two hours into this I couldn't smell it on my skin at all. Even holding my wrist right up to my nose there was nothing. Nice basic citrus fragrance but for me absolutely no longevity.

Summer Blast
Fresh Very Fresh , Clean Very Clean... This is enough for Summer. This will get u lots of compliments. Girls will Love it. It as good projection & Good Longevity.

ElysiumElysium 19 months ago
Albeit my bottle is empty since a while I still remember the tomato leaves green, fresh, herbal accord that captured my attention! Excellent

by Michael
by Michael

Popular Lacoste

Pour Femme Intense by Lacoste Pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Lacoste Lacoste Original (1984) / Lacoste (Eau de Toilette) by Lacoste Land (Eau de Toilette) by Lacoste Pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lacoste Pour Femme (Eau de Parfum Légère) by Lacoste Eau de Lacoste Sensuelle by Lacoste L'Homme Lacoste Intense by Lacoste Eau de Lacoste L.12.12 Blanc by Lacoste Lacoste Original (2015) by Lacoste Pour Femme Elixir by Lacoste Eau de Lacoste L.12.12 pour Elle Sparkling by Lacoste Lacoste Red (Eau de Toilette) by Lacoste L'Homme Lacoste by Lacoste Eau de Lacoste L.12.12 pour Elle Magnetic by Lacoste Touch of Pink (Eau de Toilette) by Lacoste Eau de Lacoste by Lacoste Eau de Lacoste L.12.12 pour Elle Elegant by Lacoste L'Homme Lacoste Timeless by Lacoste Eau de Lacoste L.12.12 pour Elle Natural by Lacoste