Lacoste Original Lacoste 1984 Eau de Toilette

Version from 1984
Lacoste Original (1984) / Lacoste (Eau de Toilette) by Lacoste
Lacoste Original (1984) is a popular perfume by Lacoste for men and was released in 1984. The scent is green-fresh. It was last marketed by Procter & Gamble / Metropolitan Cosmetics.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot LavenderLavender LimeLime Clary sageClary sage LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesBasilBasil GalbanumGalbanum CarnationCarnation GeraniumGeranium Green notesGreen notes JasmineJasmine
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber OakmossOakmoss MuskMusk Tonka beanTonka bean VetiverVetiver CedarCedar

Submitted by Kiwi, last update on 07.06.2022.

Greeeeeeeeeeen. Green.
Remember Brut? Skin Bracer? Aqua Velva? - All green. All with a similar vintage fresh green vibe. In fact, if you look at most of the 80s freshies for men, many of them tend to share the same notes - lemon and clary sage in the top, basil or pine in the mid, oakmoss or vetiver in the base....you get the picture.

I used to wear Adidas Sport (aka Adidas Sport Field) in my youth and the overall feel of Lacoste is very similar. You get a very sharp blast of limey citrus up top, with a greenness in the background from the basil, geranium, oakmoss and vetiver. It's almost piney, but not quite. I don't really get any other florals, but as the scent wears on, the edges start to round off and you can tell that the greenness is held in place by a light sweetness, amber and cedar. There are no "aquatic notes" like in contemporary freshies, just a dense, and initially sharp blast of green. But I guess that's to be expected, being named after a famous tennis player. And yeah, it does sort of remind me of a dry, mossy tennis ball, or maybe a desert golf course - you know, as long as you're wearing a pristine white polo shirt and keepin' it casual - that's key.

To be perfectly candid, I actually bought this by mistake. My intention was to purchase Lacoste POUR HOMME, but I didn't know much about fragrances back then, and.....well.....you know. So you can imagine my surprise when I first sprayed it. I was like - "Whoa!" THAT'S not how I remember it." and, "hmmmm, I immediately feel older." Yeah, it smells dated - but CERTAINLY not bad. I enjoyed it so much that I took the entire bottle with me on vacation to Mexico and used up like 20% of the juice in 2 weeks. And in the middle of the jungle, in 100% humidity, this stuff is a green BEAST. It's definitely the sweet notes in the base that keep it going. I'll never forget climbing those pyramids thanks to this scent.

But yeah, when I got back, the memories were so strong that I had to pass the bottle on to my father - and it suits him perfectly. Because believe me, if you smelled this in a locker room, you'd expect someone over 40 to walk out of the showers. I wouldn't think twice if it were called Polo Green Eau Fraiche or something. Because boy is it ever - fresh. And green.

SnikersSnikers 5 months ago
Green, mossy, sport frag of its day. Not very dated but not modern either. It is not special but more interesting than any new release
PioPio 3 years ago
Lovely Gym summery scent. Great for the price.
ItchynoseItchynose 3 years ago
Textbook green fragrance: fizzy opening, smooth dry down, ideal for those who don't enjoy bitter, dirty or harsh green scents.

by Hobbit
by Hobbit
by Struweliese
by Struweliese
by Guapo
by Guapo

Popular by Lacoste

Pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Lacoste Pour Femme Intense by Lacoste Land (Eau de Toilette) by Lacoste L'Homme Lacoste Intense by Lacoste Pour Femme (Eau de Parfum Légère) by Lacoste Eau de Lacoste L.12.12 Blanc (Eau de Toilette) by Lacoste Pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lacoste Eau de Lacoste Sensuelle by Lacoste Lacoste Original (2015) by Lacoste Pour Femme Elixir by Lacoste L'Homme Lacoste by Lacoste Lacoste Red (Eau de Toilette) by Lacoste Eau de Lacoste L.12.12 pour Elle Sparkling by Lacoste Eau de Lacoste L.12.12 pour Elle Magnetic by Lacoste L'Homme Lacoste Timeless by Lacoste Booster (Eau de Toilette) by Lacoste Essential (Eau de Toilette) by Lacoste Touch of Pink (Eau de Toilette) by Lacoste Eau de Lacoste L.12.12 pour Elle Natural by Lacoste Match Point (Eau de Toilette) by Lacoste