Pour Homme 2002 Eau de Toilette

Pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lacoste
Bottle Design Lutz Herrmann
Pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Lacoste for men and was released in 2002. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by Coty.

Claude Dir

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Plum
Heart Notes Heart NotesCardamom, Pink pepper, Juniper, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanum, Musk, Rum, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.03.2021.

Match ball from Crocodilopolis - or Hatshepsut's passion
Around the time when the era of music cassettes, which had long since come to an end, was coming to an inevitable end and the trade in mp3 files was arousing the covetousness of both common robbers and no less influential merchants, a fragrance began its triumphant advance in "Crocodilopolis" (this does not refer to ancient Fajum or Schedet in Egypt, but to the headquarters of a Parisian clothing company, which has been using a yawning reptile as its brand logo for several decades), a fragrance that could only be eclipsed by "Schnappi", a congener of the pangolin that appeared at the same time, because it managed to crawl out of the Nile into all the children's rooms and from there into the ears of their inhabitants.

Lacoste "pour homme" (not to be confused with "L'homme") is a smooth eau de toilette that presents itself as uncomplicated as its lovers. Young, confident, sporty, fresh, pleasing. Something for everyday life and because of me for the office. Starts in the impact alternatively (probably depending on personal perception) with apple, bergamot, grapefruit or/and plum fruity-sweet. With a sensitive backhand, cardamom and pink pepper find their way into the game against the double juniper and cinnamon. In the first set (of my self-experiment), my attention was divided between the two sides: here the skin-tingling warm-cuddly tones and there the playfully striking projection of citrus-bright topspins. Much like the heads in the stands around Centre Court, it was always back and forth. Again and again I had to bring my wrist to my nose to enjoy all phases of the different game. But in the 2nd and 3rd "set" showed from which wood the winner was carved: labdanum, cedar, sandalwood, of course, some musk, with a slice, like a vanilla bean pickled in rum.

The youthful but elegant and discreet flatterer, shows a notable longevity of 6-8 hours. Makes, as I said, on the lawn and in the hall a good figure, so that even the skeptic, albeit reluctantly, like McEnroe in the French Open, admits defeat. The bottle not only matches the perfume's clean, masculine performance, but also does justice to the classic style of the legendary Frenchman's nonetheless all-time modern sportswear. Once you take a liking to it, you'll probably stick with it for a long time. When Thutmosis I's pampered daughter, the powerful pharaoh Hatshepsut in the 15th century B.C., developed a strange penchant for creating a winning aura for herself during her lifetime with aromatic oils, which until then had been reserved exclusively for embalming mummies, her well-equipped, royal dressing table may well have been home to a respectable collection of decorative little vessels, complete with spicy contents, over time. Who knows, perhaps one of them also adorned the relief of Sobek, the Egyptian god in the form of a "yawning crocodile".
pleasing and special
The fragrance for spring.
Is not too light.
Is not too heavy.
Starts off quite fruity at the beginning. I notice clearly the apple was and the fresh bergamot, which makes the fragrance at the beginning very clean. The plum note is probably due to my untrained nose not quite assign, but smells in any case interesting and gives the fragrance a special touch.
In the course then more and more the sweetness (mainly vanilla) and the wood was, but not at all penetrating, but very smooth and light.

Can you therefore really wear everywhere in my opinion. A fragrance that does not touch and is liked by almost everyone.

Price also absolutely within the framework.

Hällt at me a felt eternity, in the summer you could perceive the fragrance even 8 hours in close proximity to me.

Bobby2018
The beginning of a great love
I would like to write my first perfume commentary about Lacoste pour homme, as this fragrance has accompanied me for a long time in my life.

It all started in 2003. I was 18 years old. Life was about being independent and free, discovering a lot, going to parties and developing your own style. Even then I was interested in perfume, its fragrance components and their effect on my fellow human beings. At that time almost all my friends wore Boss Bottled or Joop Homme. Both good scents, but I didn't want to smell like the others. I wanted to be different.

That's why I started looking for the other one. I tried a few things and got stuck at Lacoste pour homme. This scent triggers something in me that I want to try to describe.

My nose is not as perfectly adjusted as that of some Parfumo members. So I can only tell you about my perception.

For me the fragrance starts fruity paired with a note of cinnamon. This fragrance process doesn't change much for me either. But I think that's a good thing too.
For me, it combines a sporty elegance that is discreetly restrained. This fragrance lasts about 7-8 hours on me. I think that's perfectly all right.

I have worn this fragrance for many years on almost all occasions. Whether for work, for going out or also on festive occasions. A very loyal companion. It is an all-rounder perfume which in my opinion can be used all year round. It is light, fresh, spicy, sporty but also elegant. For this fragrance I often received compliments and for a long time it was the fragrance by which I was recognized. Just what I wanted. I wanted to be different! I had managed that and this fragrance helped me a lot!

An absolutely recommendable scent for young and old!!!

A Plum Bomb on Lacoste Pour Homme
SOTD: Lacoste Pour Homme: As of 01/11/19

Right of the bat my nose detect pretty much of the plum, vanilla on the opening and then a hint of rum start to creep in, as the dry down kicks in I scent the apple, cinnamon, bergamot, pepper and grapefruit, one post reviewer said he detects a freshness vibe with the scent I detect to as well. To me is a sweet and fresh scent which is nice, this is the 2nd Lacoste fragrance that I owned the very first one is the Style in Play. I liked the plum on this fragrance with Vanilla mixed in is pleasing and not cloying. Is a nice release from Lacoste it would be nice if this was a EDP instead of a EDT, and is a must have.

Rating

Scent: 8/10
Presentation/Design: 6.5/10
Value: 7/10
Longevity/Performance: 7.5/10: Lasted on skin/skin scent between 6-8+ hrs
Overall: 7.25/10

My SOTD/OSOTD (Scent of the Day/Office Scent of the Day): Lacoste Pour Homme EDT: As of 03/08/19

My 2nd wearing of this fragrance became my OSOTD or Office Scent of the Day as of 03/08/19, Plum is beginning to be one of my favorite notes in fragrance especially the combo of plum and vanilla which are a good combo if it is done well or blended well together. On this fragrance both plum and vanilla are well blended and it stands out. I get the hint of the fruity and rum vibe in the background which is there to my nose. But again the Plum, Vanilla and Rum are the main players here on this fragrance, to me the Rum is buried on the background with the Vanilla and Plum and again the Rum is there. My overall rating on this fragrance I will give this fragrance some love due to the Plum and Vanilla combo I will rate it 8 out of 10, and the longevity/performance it will be 8.25 out of 10, I went a have dose on the sprays around 9-11, lasted on my skin as a skin scent around 9-11+ hrs which is semi-beast mode. Again is a must have if you love the combo of Plum and Vanilla with rum. Is a superb fragrance with a cheap/bargain of a price.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Fruity fresh without being too sweet. It's an all around pleasant and inexpensive fragrance for Spring and Fall and one of Lacoste best.
CheshirecatCheshirecat 3 years ago
Sweet vanilla and plum with rum. The opening is very bright and the drydown is very pleasant. Non offensive scent that you can wear anytime.

by Andreas09
by Kevolt
by Cheshirecat
by Cheshirecat

Popular Lacoste

Pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Lacoste Pour Femme Intense by Lacoste Lacoste Original (1984) / Lacoste (Eau de Toilette) by Lacoste L'Homme Lacoste Intense by Lacoste Land (Eau de Toilette) by Lacoste Pour Femme (Eau de Parfum Légère) by Lacoste Eau de Lacoste Sensuelle by Lacoste Eau de Lacoste L.12.12 Blanc (Eau de Toilette) by Lacoste Pour Femme Elixir by Lacoste Lacoste Original (2015) by Lacoste Lacoste Red (Eau de Toilette) by Lacoste L'Homme Lacoste by Lacoste L'Homme Lacoste Timeless by Lacoste Eau de Lacoste L.12.12 pour Elle Sparkling by Lacoste Essential (Eau de Toilette) by Lacoste Booster (Eau de Toilette) by Lacoste Eau de Lacoste L.12.12 pour Lui French Panache by Lacoste Touch of Pink (Eau de Toilette) by Lacoste Eau de Lacoste L.12.12 pour Elle Elegant by Lacoste Eau de Lacoste L.12.12 pour Elle Magnetic by Lacoste