Fame by Lady Gaga
Bottle Design Nick Knight, Lady GaGa
Fame is a perfume by Lady Gaga for women and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-fruity. It was last marketed by Coty.

ApricotApricot HoneyHoney JasmineJasmine SaffronSaffron Tiger orchidTiger orchid BelladonnaBelladonna FrankincenseFrankincense

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 04.05.2022.

The advertising campaign was photographed by Steven Klein.

LiesaArts
Sadly gone from us too soon
This fragrance is for me the absolute madness.

At the time it was bought because I was a fan of Gaga, but it really won me over.

It is a very mysterious feminine fragrance.

I would say it has something of Armani Si Intense and something indescribable that I didn't have with any other perfume before it.

At the time, it was said to be the first black fluid perfume on the market.

Whether that was true now I can not sign, but this fragrance is and remains something very special, even without being a fan of Gaga to be.

The flacon is very noble designed and makes what her.

BUT CAUTION: By the black fluid you should not spray this fragrance on white clothes.

Unfortunately, it is no longer produced and is only difficult to get
5.5

Zero longevity
I was excited to receive a vintage bottle because I read it smells like grape KoolAid. It does have a bit of grape, but not nearly enough for me to exclaim it is grape. Instead, it’s a very light fruity scent where not one specific note is prevalent to my nose.
It’s nice, but the longevity is extremely low to non-existent. I’m talking five minutes here tops. I’m afraid to spray it on my clothes because of the beautiful black liquid—totally a selling point because it’s so unusual.
Bottle and cap are heavy and nice,
I’m looking at it merely as a collector bottle. I love Gaga’s music and style and hope she does this again. Anything goes with her!

Dark & Mysterious
This perfumes is basically the reason why I started collecting perfumes. I am a huge fan of Lady Gaga and when she announced this, I had to have it. This perfume is unique for one reason: the black fluid. Have you ever seen a perfume where the liquid was black? Besides that, the box is simple and elegant. I mean who wants their first perfume to be extravagant? (Well, Gaga is extravagant and so was the commercial for this perfume lol). The bottle is simple yet very Gaga. The egg shaped bottle with an avant-garde-ish gold cap that is supposed to represent claws. Now onto the scent. When you spray it, you get that very fruity and mysterious scent which is caused by the apricot, honey and frankincense. The apricot gives this fragrance its fruity essence, the honey gives it its sweet essence and finally the frankincense gives it its mysterious essence. The jasmine and tiger orchid appear when the fragrance softens. You will smell their light trail while still smelling the notes I mentioned earlier. Overall, I really like this perfume. It's a dark fruity & mysterious scent with a floral undertone. In my opinion, this scent is a hit or miss. So, if you're interested into buying this perfume, you should try it first. I'll always remember this perfume as the reason why I started collecting perfumes.

Lady Gaga Fame
Maybe the most shocking thing about this fragrance is that it isn't shocking at all! Lady Gaga has made a career out of her crazy, kooky costumes and concert productions (not to mention the fact that the girl can sing her pants off) but maybe she wanted to go in another direction with her fragrance. Instead of shocking us with something bizarre, she shocked us by giving us something understated and quite pleasant. Personally, I love this scent. I love the prominent incense note which sits really nicely on my skin during the cooler, autumn weather. I don't find this scent bland or boring. I think too many people expected something different when this fragrance was released and felt disappointed when it didn't live up to their expectations. For me, I was thrilled that this wasn't something odd or strange. Instead, it's something that is versatile and made to suit everyone. Good job Coty and Lady Gaga!

Lets cut the crap
Fame is defiantly a brilliant fruity floral fragrance with dark musky undertones , I like the fact that there are chords instead of top/middle/bottom notes this way you get all the wonderful notes there are in this perfume, I thought there was grape in this perfume but there's not its a shame, you don't see many fragrances will grape in it!

Here's where the title of my review comes in ... How can people say "oh I smell the belladonna" I just feel like. Screaming Have You Ever Smelt A Belladonna Flower before ?? The answer is probably not ! I believe if you say things like this .... You don't now what your talking about !!

But any way I believe Lady Gaga has done a brilliant job for a debut Fragrance and the amazing bottle

PerfumeLover
Nice, but not really original.
This fragrance is different. Quite nice. But it is not really original. But it is on my top 5. Here is my full honest review.
First, I smelled the belladonna and the apricot the most in the top. Soon the belladona and the apricot mix together and makes a blackberry or black current and black cherry smell. That really pleased me. Then the incense comes. It makes it really smoky. I think this smokiness smells like a smoky scent in a mens colonge. So its unisex smelling. And that incense is there for the WHOLE time. So men, if you or interested or want to buy it. Go ahead and wear it. It a bit musky to, but, its not a dark musk.

Then, With the florals like the jasmine and the tiger orchid. Its there when you first started the fragrance, And that tiger orchid is that similar tiger orchid in Beyonce's Heat Rush. And that jasmine is similar to the jasmine in Katy Perry's Purr (to me). Still that apricot is there.

Last, I smell a lot of that saffron and honey. Makes it sweet. Not like a girly 12 year old sweet, Its like a mature sweet. Its a kind of a sticky sweet. And to me is not that bad. With this scent it smells a lot of like Jadore by Dior and Vivid by Liz Clairaborne.

Grape Laffy Taffy
Having seen all of the hullabaloo surrounding the launch of Lady Gaga's perfume FAME, I decided to pick up a sample at Sephora the last time I was there. I cannot say that I have any real interest in Lady Gaga, as I have no idea what she does. Is she a singer? A performer? A sort-of twenty-first-century Madonna (the material girl) follow-up or wannabe? I've seen some pictures of her looking rather like David Bowie back in his Ziggy Stardust days, but aside from that I've not a clue what she has done to garner such fame.

Upon applying FAME, I was sure that I had smelled this scent somewhere before. Naturally I began racking my brain for the celebrity scent which might be the closest neighbor. So many of them smell so similar, but I felt that there really was some overlap of this composition with something already in circulation. It certainly does not smell anything like any non-celebrity perfume, but could it be that FAME is close to something by Britney Spears, perhaps? I recall that the opening of CURIOUS was quite grape Koolaid-like, although the drydown was a bit better, but without the patchouli I could not really say that FAME was very much like CURIOUS.

Suddenly it dawned on me: Lady Gaga FAME smells EXACTLY like grape Laffy Taffy, which is a purple pastel-colored, artificially flavored bar of somewhat creamy taffy which I sometimes ate after school back when I was in junior high--there was a Tenneco (similar to 7-11) on my route home. The texture was similar to Beich's Bananas, but instead of featuring artificial banana flavor, Laffy Taffy featured (and may still today--I don't know whether it still exists or was pulled by the FDA) artificial grape flavor in a hold-on-to-your-fillings taffy base.

No body fluids, no mystery, no intrigue. This whole production is pretty much a façade in front of a vast expanse of air. Perhaps that is what Lady Gaga is, too, in which case I have to say that FAME would be a fitting tribute after all. As far as celebrity perfumes go, this one can hold its own with the best of them, but the best of them are pretty bad...

Don't believe the hype
I smelled this at the department store and my first impression was that it smelled like a grape snowball. The very young SA behind the counter said it smells like grape kool aid to her. I was not impressed at all. Nothing about this fragrance is worth the hype surrounding it. I can't think of anything to compare it to as I don't own many sugary fragrances. The bottle is very beautiful and was added to my collection briefly. Maybe there will be a Fame 2 that will "fix" the glitches so to speak.

Luckily I was able to exchange this for something that I really love.

The Fame
Today, as i entered in my local perfume store, i couldn´t but realize something different in the shop assistants (mostly lovely ladies, over their forties): their ususal elegant black uniform were accesorized with clownish mini top-hats, neon-colored feather boas and gothic lace mittens. They frankly looked like some Moulin Rouge´s sale-of-the-day. Surprised by the change of style, the first thing that came to my lips when one of the dignity-stripped smiling matrons came to welcome me was: "What are we celebrating?" She seemed dazed for one second "Oh! I keep forgeting i am dressed THIS way... it is because of the launching of Gaga´s new perfume" So, i see, Gaga´s shadow is long... they even had a top-less dude with eyeliner at the other door spraying people with Fame!

I am guessing this is probably the most expensive launching of a perfume ever.

For a start the black juice left a grey shadow on the paper, so i wouldnt spray it on a nice white shirt. Fame opens with a piercing note of grape and peach candy. It is, well, the next thing that comes after sweet. Very mouth-watering, fun and über young, i admit, but nothing i would like to wear. Of course i am not one of the teenagers this fragance is aimed for. After this fruity car-air freshener feeling the fragance sets into something we have smelled eight million times: a just pleasant, random, gourmand/fruity floral that hardly someone could have something to have any objections against.

I detect mostly notes of apricot-osmanthus, musk, lots of a cotton-candy note (i would go for Firmenich´ Corps Praline) and a distant shadow of a sensual flower that could be jasmine as listed, could be tuberose or anything else, and appears only now and then. As far as i know Tiger Orchids (rossioglossum) are not distinctively scented, so maybe theres orchid too, and sounds terrific.Not a noticeable saffron. The drydown is certainly incensey, bit smoky... But always inside the limits of pretty and safe.

Noone would blame me for expecting something dark, since everything from the color of the fluid to the whole campaign seemed to suggest so. In the scale of darknes being Lilith the mother of all demons a ten and Lily Munster a five, Fame is 1- Draculaura from Monster High (you will have to google this if you dont have very young daughters or nieces) Users of Fame are likely to know who is Draculaura. I honestly think that a glittery juice called Born This Way would have been more coherent with the scent.

I understand, and praise for, Coty for wanting to sell bottles. It is their business. And this will be a good seller. Campaign looks awesome, so does the bottle, and the scent wont scare anybody and smells ok. Not edgy, not freaky, not blood and semen (we have Secretions Magnifiques for that) Mainstream disguised of avant-garde monster. In the last times thats just what i expect from Gaga.

Infamy
Thank god perfume has the capacity to reveal truths that current mass media cannot. If you were to believe the visual imagery, the music, the PR, you’d assume that Justin Bieber was the tween idol and Gaga was the Edgy Artist who Will Not be Restrained ©. But Bieber’s perfume, with its stagnant topnotes becomes a kool aid made with non-potable water and has at least some edge.

Gaga’s scentscape of the mall shows that she’s the true tween queen. The shock appeal of stunts like the meat dress and Drastic Fashion is transformed in this perfume into the shockingly banal. Fame is a cloying, simple fruit soup. It rides a tight line between the dual sensibilities of 1) yet another faceless vapid floriberry, and, 2) worse.

Born this way? Reductionist, but that’s where the pendulum has swung and I get it. Smell this way? Good lord, no.

AJGAJG 3 years ago
Like going out in your black velvet sport coat and pointy toed Oxfords for one drink with a best friend, it's wonderful but over too soon.

by Parfuniverse