Les Parfums Matières - Bois de Vétiver (2017)

Les Parfums Matières - Bois de Vétiver by Lagerfeld

Les Parfums Matières - Bois de Vétiver is a perfume by Lagerfeld for men and was released in 2017. The scent is fresh-woody. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums.

Top Notes Top NotesPink grapefruit, Blood orange, Mint
Heart Notes Heart NotesVetiver, Geranium, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmbrox, Patchouli, Musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 03.12.2019.

7.0 8.0 7.0 7.5/10

Below its value
Today at noon I happened to "stumble" across the scent in the Karstadt in Munich. I tried it and I thought, OK. Meanwhile I bought another perfume and when I got into the car and smelled my wrist again, I thought to myself "wow". I'm back and I bought 50ml for 30 Euro. Many people compare it to Terre De Hermes, but I can't for me. For me this is almost a twin of Cartier's "Déclaration".
Still perceiving him after four hours. It is not a forced scent that goes on attack, but discreetly works in the background. Herbal, spicy sweetness. A pleasant companion who works well with me. Definitely sold below value in my eyes.
7.0 4.0 4.0 5.5/10

Fabric softener
There I stood in the local DM and rummaged through the racks of scents when suddenly the camp field caught my eye. Solid, heavy, simply unmistakable Karl Lagerfeld. I like Lagerfeld, liked him when I was a kid. And as a big Vetiver lover I was curious what I get into my nose.

The opening is very fresh, citric but not too strong. It looks round, slightly powdery and certainly flowery. But where is the Vetiver? Only after sniffing my wrist several times could I filter it out. Very weak, in the background. Well, maybe I will. The little water reminds me of Terre d'Hermès, but it's not really a comparison, not even a budget version of it. TdH just has more seasoning, more salary.

The actual scent is quickly absorbed, the roses of the heart note. Then why not "Eau de la rose"? I wonder. And so it happens that I somehow like the scent very much. He reminds me of something that's already...? Oh yes, exactly, the neighbour's fabric softener that smells so fine when she still lets her laundry hang to dry when I start my wash already.

Ambrox and (white) musk in the base note are almost a must, as this is where Lagerfeld's commercial side is supposed to come into its own. Patchouli is a perfect complement to the rose petals. However, the base note does not smell much, as the shelf life is not particularly long and the sillage leaves a lot to be desired.

All in all a light, refreshing, bright fragrance, which is more effective in the warm season than at the beginning of the year. I think that's the reason why durability and Sillage were chosen rather weakly, because you don't want to burden anyone around you with the scent in summer.

I like that bottle. It is simple, cool and refreshing, like the fragrance.

For me the case is clear, I'm going to ring the doorbell next time, with a bottle of good wine in my hand and the call on my skin.

Increasing luxury: own car, own villa, own opinion. Wieslaw Brudzinski
The opinion here has been made as it seems. Not really a good fragrance. You did?
I like it extraordinarily well, here it is again helpful to have an own opinion. The prelude is extremely fresh and clean, top pleasant and right to feel good.
I don't necessarily recognize Vetiver, something in the background, but before that a lot of mint and grapefruit. For me a very pleasant surprise what comes to light here. If you take benchmark scents or those that claim to be like the younger Vetiver from Hermes, then I prefer it a lot This storage field is not a top fragrance to be included in the anals. No it was produced, probably produced for two seasons and the main thing it is really very pleasant. For the summer it is an absolute recommendation. In a shirt or polo shirt exactly the right fragrance accessory. In winter something too freshy, unless you have received it as a gift, then it also goes as a gift confirmation to the giver as proof.

If you want a fragrance where everything has been done right and you don't want to spend too much, you'll find it in this newbie.
Clear recommendation!
8.0 6.0 7.0 9.0/10

Elysium
A breathtaking vétiver crémant...
To begin with, don't get frightened about the notes like grapefruit, orange, vetiver, or ambroxan... Bois the Vétiver is everything but a clone of neither Terre d'Hermès nor Sauvage Dior.
Instead, the fusion of those notes creates a breathtaking vétiver crémant bouquet, a compelling adjective regularly used for sparkling wine and black chocolate, yeah it means creamy. For those who are familiar with Cuir Vétiver by Yves Rocher or Hermessence by Hermès, the vétiver note is gentle, bright, and faint, without the dark, earthy, and smoky facets, which I anyhow love in other mysterious scents. Do not expect anything like Encre Noir, the two of them are miles away.

BdV opening is dazzling thanks to a variety of uplifting and slightly luminous notes: pink grapefruit, blood orange, and crushed mint leaves. The zesty accord is neither sour nor harsh as could be the lemon peel aroma. Instead, it is bittersweet as an orange juice freshly squeezed. Yes, the opening is clean without being citrus, with that perfect touch of aromatic. At the very first spray, it reminds me a fresh mojito cocktail, due to the presence of the alcohol, made with orange in place of the lime... and I like it.

After a while, it turns green and floral, with delicate notes of delicate rose, leafy-sweet geranium, and creamy vétiver. Those notes are masterfully blended, and at this point, BdV is a sensual, manly smell. The vétiver is kind of like leathery, more close to a smooth suede than a rough cowhide. This fraction is a brighter version of vétiver it carries lesser aspects of the earthiness and smokiness containing more of the herbal quality.
Then, the fragrance becomes also appealing, warm and evocative of leather, with amber, patchouli, and musk. The musk is not rude and animal, but elegant with the effect of a warm musky accord. There are also some woods not mentioned here, white woods I reckon, which provides a bit of alternative mild sweetness for the final hours.

BdV has 8-10 hour longevity and moderate sillage, perfect for working and leisure time. At the moment I am wearing it in the fall season, but I’d like to give it a try in spring as well.
Ultimately, BdV is an excellent modern vétiver perfume.

-Elysium

Elysium 2 years ago
Grapefruit, rose, and vetiver are notes that go together well. A creamy sensation with a bit of zesty, suitable for the looming autumn days.+1
6.0

by Elysium
by Helge
by Helge

Popular Lagerfeld

Lagerfeld Classic (Eau de Toilette) by Lagerfeld Sun Moon Stars (Eau de Toilette) by Lagerfeld Photo (Eau de Toilette) by Lagerfeld KL (Eau de Toilette) by Lagerfeld Karl Lagerfeld for Him by Lagerfeld KL Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lagerfeld Karl Lagerfeld for Her by Lagerfeld Karleidoscope by Lagerfeld Kapsule Woody by Lagerfeld Jako (Eau de Toilette) by Lagerfeld Lagerfeld Femme by Lagerfeld Kapsule Floriental  by Lagerfeld Lagerfeld Man (Eau de Toilette) by Lagerfeld Kapsule Light by Lagerfeld Les Parfums Matières - Fleur de Pêcher by Lagerfeld Les Parfums Matières - Bois de Yuzu by Lagerfeld Private Klub for Men by Lagerfeld Paradise Bay for Men by Lagerfeld Paradise Bay for Women by Lagerfeld Private Klub for Women by Lagerfeld