Les Parfums Matières - Fleur d'Orchidée (2019)

Les Parfums Matières - Fleur d'Orchidée by Lagerfeld

Les Parfums Matières - Fleur d'Orchidée is a new perfume by Lagerfeld for women and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-fruity. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Neroli, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrchid, Jasmine sambac, Apricot
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Cedarwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 06.12.2019.

8.0 6.0 6.0 7.0/10

Orchids & Emotions
i adore the old KL fragrances, KL pour femme Extrait or Chloe classic Extrait a dream, the new fragrances are rather not mine, unless the KL for her was a good companion for me this summer.
So I noticed the Fleur de...series also little to not at all. When I then read here and also somewhere else it should be very similar to the orchid of YR (which I love!) and/or I wanted to test the scent twin of course. Unfortunately, it wasn't easy not to get samples anywhere and if it was offered here in the shop at all then it was sold out, testers stolen. That fuelled my curiosity even more and I thought it must be good....

Today was it then so far, over detours I got the 50ml bottle. The flacon itself lies well in the hand, is simple but by no means rickety, already good. Also the sprayer is very good, no spilling etc.
The first sniff...citric, fresh, tart, no pepper and no "sweat grapefruit", I am soothed :-)...so far so good...then the shock: lemon bath cleaner?!?!....but I hold on. After about 20 minutes the scent becomes creamier, more flowery, it is still fresh and slightly tart and the cleanser note is fortunately gone, uff! Another 15 min. later it gets very close but the scent becomes more and more pleasant, yes and I mean to recognize that could go towards the orchid, my heart already starts to jump with joy... but unfortunately in the further course it comes somehow to nothing at all anymore. The fragrance somehow gets "stuck" at the transition to the heart note the base doesn't come at all except some cedar.
It remains fresh, tart. creamy slightly citric, minimally woody. But nothing of Tonka etc., no more flowers, sweetness or exotic warmth, no more...The durability and Sillage are also rather mediocre.

To be honest, I am already a bit disappointed and I ask myself if it is due to the fact that I am driven by the twin-topic here if necessary unfair / one-sided. Therefore I had started a second test to evaluate fair, here is my result:

In itself, FdO is a good all-rounder for all those who like fresh, citrically inconspicuous fragrances or a very good companion for the warm season. Due to the less good H&S one must spray if necessary more often, for it the smell for normal VK is nevertheless quite expensive and would be therefore if only a purchase candidate if in the offer.
It will certainly not become a classic in the series of camp field fragrances, but it lacks many things.

How is FdO now as Dupe?
In my opinion he is not a fragrance twin for orchid from YR. But the approach is certainly not more than that. It's too harsh at first and lacks the warm, alluring feminine touch and exotic floridity that this YR classic has.

And nu?
i save the bottle FdO well closed for the next summer, the fragrance develops in the heat better on my skin or completely different. I have this phenomenon with some of my scents (Tommy Girl is such a one). If then a change should show up I will edit my Kommi gladly.

My search for a good dupe to YR Orchidee continues (I know there are umpteen offers on the net to Orchidee, but I don't want to support this profiteering with vintage scents anymore.)

Popular Lagerfeld

Lagerfeld Classic (Eau de Toilette) by Lagerfeld Sun Moon Stars (Eau de Toilette) by Lagerfeld Photo (Eau de Toilette) by Lagerfeld KL (Eau de Toilette) by Lagerfeld Karl Lagerfeld for Him by Lagerfeld KL Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lagerfeld Karl Lagerfeld for Her by Lagerfeld Les Parfums Matières - Bois de Vétiver by Lagerfeld Karleidoscope by Lagerfeld Kapsule Woody by Lagerfeld Jako (Eau de Toilette) by Lagerfeld Lagerfeld Femme by Lagerfeld Kapsule Floriental  by Lagerfeld Lagerfeld Man (Eau de Toilette) by Lagerfeld Kapsule Light by Lagerfeld Les Parfums Matières - Fleur de Pêcher by Lagerfeld Les Parfums Matières - Bois de Yuzu by Lagerfeld Private Klub for Men by Lagerfeld Paradise Bay for Men by Lagerfeld Paradise Bay for Women by Lagerfeld