Amethyst 2007

Amethyst by Lalique
Bottle Design Pochet
Amethyst is a popular perfume by Lalique for women and was released in 2007. The scent is fruity-floral. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Perles de Lalique

Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla
WoodsWoods
MuskMusk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 28.07.2021.

NurPixie
That damn bell - it's finally ringing!
I hate my doorbell.
It's a horrible, shrill, way too loud screech. It scares me every time. But I can't turn it down either. Or even choose a different "ringtone". I hate that damn bell. I don't seem to be the only one in the house whose bell is deafeningly loud and shrill, though. I hear the other bells, too. Funny, I live in the basement, but I can tell exactly when it's ringing "for upstairs", on the third floor. Oh yeah, did I ever mention that I hate my doorbell?

But no sooner is the shock overcome than anticipation comes to the fore: ringing promises mail. I love getting mail. Okay, it is then probably but rather a love-hate relationship.

Today dpd rang and brought me Amethyst. Finally!
So, strictly speaking, he didn't need me the perfume. Actually, the dpd messenger just threw the cute little Notino package into the hallway. HE. THROW. IT. Arghs. I was already on the landing, all he had to do was wait 5 seconds longer. What is wrong with you?! Hopefully the bottle stayed intact....
Quickly grabbed the package, back to the apartment, open the package, free the bottle from the packaging. Everything intact, luck had.

Amethyst was a blind purchase.
I like Meliora by Parfums de Marly and Amethyst should smell so similar. The many berries in the top note and the vanilla in the base note appealed to me anyway totally.
But are the two fragrances comparable?
I find both fragrances very beautiful. On me, Amethyst smells more berry and less sweet; Meliora flatters vanilla-sweet-fruity, and I feel like Meliora has the better longevity.
I couldn't say which scent is the better one now, though.
Yes, some similarity is there if you want to smell it, however I wouldn't say that one scent is a dupe of the other.
The bottle contest is definitely won by Meliora.

Amethyst. The currant is for me in the foreground. From the strawberry I perceive unfortunately nothing; also the mulberry hides from me. Instead, the rose slowly joins the currant and nestles gently against it. Is it stupid that I now truly imagine this very image? How a rose lays its beautiful rose head on the shoulder of a currant?
I have to say, there's something dreamy about Amethyst to me somehow. It's not loud. Not intrusive. It flatters and flirts quietly.
I like the berry, but at the same time not too sweet feeling.

For me, this perfume is definitely a successful blind buy and I highly recommend it.

I miss sweetness....
It was a blind purchase and unfortunately the fragrance is not as I imagined him. Even after several times wear, we have not befriended. I sniff though very happy to the atomizer and find it smells when spraying really great - but then on the skin, there he is me tats. too little sweet, or there is zero sweetness. At least that's what I think I'm missing. I wanted now nothing that is as sweet as the summer Escada fragrances, but maybe a little bit in the direction of the sweetness of the original Burberry
Puschek95
The best example that the price of a perfume does not determine the content!
Ordered blindly after testing meliora from pdm (which has an unsatisfactory H+S). Was told meliora was a dupe.
Conditional to sign.
Meliora is heavily currant-heavy and a bit more exotic. Even if not listed: I smell passion fruit with Meliora. Lalique is, in contrast, an unsweet and slightly more tart True forest fruit mix.
More beautiful I actually find Lalique. But that's just my personal feeling of my nose.

Have today already directly get a compliment while shopping.
The lady had a mask on + of course I also had one on + was the plexiglass in between. She could smell me. :D
Speaks for the perfume. H+S are very good!

To me, Amethyst Original smells like Meßmer forest fruit tea. Something sour. Something woody tart. No fake berries note. Unsweetened, of course, too. ;)
Definitely an outlier. Berry scents are always too sweet, or artificially laid out. (What smells good !) Here but absolutely true to nature. Not 1% sweetness. It remains beautifully woody, unsweet berry and thus exudes a fresh, unobtrusive note.

Price performance I need to say nothing at all. With just under 30 € for 100ml, the perfume is a cheapy.
Recommendation. Flacon may stay. :)
Kysaria
Berry picking at grandma's garden
My grandparents have an allotment on the hillside, with a wooden hut, fruit trees and with berry bushes. I remember well how I collected the red and white currants. They would go under the tap in a porcelain bowl - and quickly end up in my mouth. Now and then a stalk also landed in my mouth.
So it is also with "Amethyst": He starts berry-sour with a tart impact, as if the stalks were processed with. So he also remains long on my skin, I hardly notice anything of the flowers. The peony is the closest, but it's already got badly entangled in the berry bush. Wood I smell - bushes just.
The sillage is pleasant - the fragrance radiates something, but does not cloud everything full. The durability is okay, but does not blow me away. After a few hours, the refreshment is over again.
BUT I have not yet tested it in the summer. Quite possible that the flowers then make it out of the berry bushes and also the durability / sillage is stronger.
I feel the fragrance in any case as pleasantly different, as a fruity, unsweet refreshment and alternative to the whole sugar stuff
Headlines are overrated
Honestly, I found nothing suitable.
Sure, I could have written, purple the last attempt.
Back in the day, way back when rubber boots were still made of wood, older ladies dressed in purple robes to signal their ..let's say, sexual readiness that it's not all over yet.
Purple protects against pregnancy. Please do not take this seriously - could go nasty in the eye!
Purple or purple used to be the color of luxury, worn by those who could afford it, expensive just and purple is still considered the color of mourning or silence.
Purple has a calming, noble and invigorating effect.

Let's move on to amethyst.
I ran past for years, I knew nothing of its existence and by chance while clicking around here I found the fragrance. Fruity floral sounded good, the rest also and a bottling arrived quickly here.
And I spray so in front of me, and the first contact is wonderful. Berries. Summer berries.
A plate full of juicy berries. So sorbee fruit, not plump sweet, but aromatic. Memories of Grandma's garden come flooding back, when we kids were supposed to gather raspberries, blackberries and currants in little buckets and go back to the house scratched and with more in our mouths than in the bucket.
I expected the full blast, wanted it too, thought I was going to get it, but these berrylets were restrained, attractive and light.
The disappointment of not being in a sweet berry trough did make me pout a bit, I was expecting it differently. I actually already like it when the top note is a little more gaudy.
A floral gentle undertone mixes with the berry aroma, underlines the noble what I just wear on the skin.
It is soothingly beautiful, attractive, somewhat clean, minimally soapy and simply beautiful.
Vanilla I do not smell directly, but a clean musk. But the beautiful variety, not stuffy but airy swinging.
When my husband came home, and we hugged, he murmured in my ear:
Oh, it's really nice. You smell attractive, warm, clean and good.
Good is already a high distinction for my husband, good stands for can wear, can buy, can spray and I stay sitting next to you without looking at you reproachfully.
I bought the big bottle at a veritable ridiculous price, it smells more expensive than it is currently offered.
On the skin of my daughter, by the way, who finds him "nice" we both smell the fruit stronger, peppier and deeper. My skin is just different again, I know already.
That the fruits are as they are, without cheesy berry sweetness I now highly appreciate. He would otherwise no longer be what makes him.

Amethyst is one of my Stärkeduffte, in the office no one is flooded with an overdose, which is always wearable and envelops me, wafting around me for a good 5 hours and with him I like to go to bed. So a Seelenkuschler halt, one for days when you lock the world out, wants to be for himself and must.
I spray the quite generously, everything between 5-7 sprays I find successful, more works stabbing. 5-7 sprayers are my feel-good dose.

Ok one I still have:
the most beautiful breaks are purple -
yes life breaks, fade out, rest. Me.

A gentle misunderstanding
Aubergine, purple, fuchsia are some of my favourite colours and as an aquarius the amethyst is my stone next to the aquamarine. Officially, of course; for all non-astrological companies I ask for smiling understanding when mentioning this! Unfortunately I can't do anything with aquamarines; I find them beautiful, as a stone for me but much too soft and bright; I am a dark woman.... Amethysts, on the other hand, have always fascinated me and I also own some jewellery with these stones.

There is a lot of Lalique among my fragrant treasures; but I hadn't heard anything about Amethyst even when it was released and was once again surprised by a glossy advertisement, which at the same time quietly reminded me that I hadn't exactly been up to date for some time. Sighing a little bit resignedly I had to admit to myself that everything else had been overshadowed by the single parenting; time and necessary change for my beloved hobby had become scarce. My son, the charming little rogue (he got that from his father!) had chosen me as his centre of attention and my boss naturally expected the same from me; the constant balancing act between job and child had become my purpose in life and the endeavour not to neglect either of them cost all the discipline and energy I could muster. My own little world had to wait......
Now that my son has grown up, is leading his own life and mine has changed unexpectedly and a bit stormy in the meantime, I finally have the time again to dedicate myself to the fragrances and to sniff one or the other with expectant curiosity.

Amethyst's mildly fruity opening makes me smile immediately; the fruit is a wake-up call;
a good mood bringer for all berry enthusiasts who have decided on the milder version with the gentle freshness and for whom the much-vaunted citrus scents are simply too much for a lively pick-me-up.
The subsequent interplay with the roses fits perfectly. A touch of vanilla and musk brings warm and gentle finesse; the woods round off softly. I also think to sniff a few peppery nuances; if this is indeed the case, this is the lively but pleasantly restrained "whistle" in the composition!

I like the scent, but it's not mine.
I had a different idea of him when I bought him; more powerful, oriental, maybe with a little incense. I interpreted that into the dark packaging and I would have liked to see the name on an Oriental.
Nevertheless, I dismiss him with a hearty smile!

KimJong
Pepper, wine, woods, and some unique artistry
When I wear this, people around me think I wear very expensive and rare perfume. I enjoy their reaction. I think Amethyst is a thing that's dry berries and some dark wine on a manly peppery woody base. It's less sweet and doesn't feel too young or too thin. Roses (which are in fact close to geraniums) also work like a hint of classic men's colognes. So, even though Amethyst is clearly a women's perfume and not very unisex, it does not undermine his masculinity when a man wears it. These types of perfumes create a much more unique and artistic atmosphere when worn by men. So, I would recommend this for men as well. If you love to wear Black Berries & Bay or Tom Ford's Plum Japonais, try Amethyst as well. This is not a fragrance similar to them, but I think I can put Amethyst and them together in same category. The category called "Low risk and high return adventure".
It's the berries
This fragrance was recommended to me by a friend. After the insight of the fragrance pyramid I decided to try it. I haven't ventured into berry terrain yet. Tested on my wrist I was immediately enthusiastic. I actually perceived the berry note directly, I don't find the Sillage bad, but I still feel the need to spray on the scent again and again, as it is also rather light for me
Rose in ice berry juice
Amethyst from Lalique smiled at me from afar and waved at me...
I smile back and like to grab Amethyst for a test :)

Already the bottle lets hope for a smell surprise and I am not disappointed...

Right after the first sprayer a variation of berries flies around my ears, which I have never sniffed before in this combination...
I mainly perceive blackberries and blackcurrants... it smells tangy-fresh, without sweetness... rather slightly acidic.... delightful... summery... fresh...

Then the rose comes along... she is noble in a dark purple dress... slightly synthetic, which is a little diva! But not bitchy or biting, rather fine, delicate and cuddly....

Thanks to the Ylang Ylang a warm shy sweetness comes out, which is absolutely harmonious here and makes the scent even more interesting....

Later a little bit of musk is added, which can only be perceived very well, but is also very suitable...

The berries and the rose are present and dominant all the time, which I personally like very much...

I like the scent very much, only the durability might be a little bit better, after about 4 hours the magic is unfortunately already over...

Berry summer à la Lalique
For me, berries of all kinds have simply belonged to summer for years.
How I like to remember the thorny raspberry hedge that bordered my granny's garden to the back:
How many stains on the summer cotton clothes the women of my childish surroundings complained; how many scratches, caused by the pointed thorns, decorated my skin - a very special kind of tattoo!
I loved the yellow raspberries, because they had no thorns, but unfortunately they always had inhabitants. I don't think a fruit was maggotless!

Strawberries are not so popular with me; probably because I don't like the German species so much. Everything is just not for everyone!
The ones I love so much from the vicinity of Verona - the "Alto Adige" - unfortunately only exist very rarely.
But when the asparagus and rhubarb season ends at Johanni (how I yearn every year for these spring vegetables in their so varied ways of preparation!), then my very personal "berry summer" begins!
I already wrote about the gooseberries, which repeatedly cause me stomach ache as a child (why couldn't I wait until they were really ripe?) in my commentary on "Elderflower & Gooseberry" by Jo Malone.
But red and deep dark berries: that's where the joy really starts for many months!
And the piglet in me prefers to be a little careful; now I have to remove the fruit stains myself!

So Lalique with "Amethyst" hit exactly my summery fragrance taste!
In contrast to Bvlgari's "Omnia Amethyste", the fresh and green notes are missing here: pink grapefruit and the many greens made me give away this fragrance - I wrote about it in my commentary - which is actually reminiscent of an oasis of well-being. He was bizzing a little too much for my taste. Almost like one of those bubble balls for the bathtub.
My neighbor, on the other hand, is absolutely thrilled!

Amethyst" by Lalique.
I am greeted by an amazingly gentle, soft scent of fine soap.
I still love piece soap, whose pure sensuality I don't want to do without when using it.
In view of the berry top note I am already very pleasantly surprised here: a fine hint hovers around me.
Slowly the various kinds of berries are added: the lustful dark blackberry nuance dances with not only black currants, but also red currants.
The expected acidity completely covers the soapy entrée; here it bizzes and bites nothing: everything is pleasantly balanced. Even when the ripe strawberry is ripe and full of fragrance; not quite as dominant as expected.
A mulberry that always tastes a little dull to me - until today I couldn't find out why - completes this berry mix very skilfully and full-bodied.
Mature, full berry variety on a white soap foam bed - no, I don't want to eat this mixture; but as a fragrance composition it delights me very much.
She conjures a happy smile on my face: Summer - I'm coming!
Peonies: in the last weeks regular guests in my big vases.
How do I love these heavy, petal rich heads, the dark foliage and the sun and lightness promising fragrance!
(That I have to ban them to the balcony at night just because of this smell is part of it.)
Here in "Amethyst" they exude this fragrance very generously; quite in competition with a rose, whose heads in my fragrant imagination hang easily by the heaviness of the flowers: their richness of colour and aroma is too enormous!
As a highlight Ylang-Ylang finally appears: how happy I am every time at its sparkle and radiance!
For me, this is always a bright fragrance accent; the scent of ylang-ylang reminds me of the fireflies that enchant a summer evening sky and seduce me to their very own dream journeys!
But the slight tenderness of the fragrance is still very fleeting at this point; "Amethyst" could here be dedicated to Ariel, the Air Spirit.
There is still a basis missing that conveys a little firmness and ground solidarity.
This is first achieved by using wood, not too dark, not too noble - but wonderfully fragrant dried in the sun.
Layered wood, which had the time to dry, for example, on the edge of a forest path by sun and wind, delights with this very special, rich scent.
Exactly this was captured here and harmoniously integrated: the air spirit thereby receives an earthly bond! (He is not asked if he likes it!)
"Amethyst" by Lalique is not a "little girl's scent": that's why a certain erotic component, a quiet, highly feminine curl, should not be missing here. After all, he's from France!
The warm erotic viscidity of vanilla therefore also meets a skillfully dosed musk Nothing here is too much, nothing too loud or challenging: a very feminine, almost fragile elegance, an enticing floating radiates this now perfected perfume work of art.

For me, this fine fragrance lasts for several hours; whereby the initial soap impression touches me pleasantly again and again: it never leaves me completely. A fragrant veil surrounds me, rich and yet distinguished and reserved. Beneficial and delightful!
The end of the fragrance process leaves me a little bit melancholic: "Stay, you're too beautiful!" I would like to say in the style of the poet's word!

The flacon is also beautiful; how could it be different with this company, whose glass art fascinates and enchants again and again.
A classic form dominated by the deep shade of amethyst.
Watch it! Watch it! The amethyst fades under sunlight - let's hope that this bottle doesn't fade! But who of us exposes his fragrant companions to the blazing sun?

Amethyst is not only beautifully integrated into jewellery; it also has a great healing effect.
Used even for insomnia, it provides restful sleep. I always have a thick amethyst under my pillow, cut like an egg shape. He is accompanied by a rose quartz heart.
Honestly, sometimes he helps, sometimes he doesn't. What's certain is that it won't hurt!
Amethyst transforms negative energies and can stabilize mental illnesses.
Due to its blood-cleansing and draining effect, amethyst is also considered a helper against alcoholism.
The vernacular believes in it: do we believe it or not!
The deep shade is supposed to convey power, power: well, we take what we can get!

I think it's obvious: I fell in love with "Amethyst"!
In the gentle tenderness, this quiet melancholy - a fragrance quite according to my heart.
All the happier I am that the mini atomizer is still well filled with the sample: I don't want to let this beauty go so fast.
Because Lalique's "amethyst" will certainly be with me for a while Once again I would like to thank a dear and generous perfumista who left this sample to me

GoldGoddessGoldGoddess 4 months ago
Wow. So natural, zesty, vibrant, fresh berries. No synthetic whatsoever and it stays like this till drydown. Safe blind-buy for the summer!✅
MissBiscuitsMissBiscuits 1 year ago
refreshing berries without the stickiness or synthetic remnants. notes of green balance out the fruit.
AnasaliAnasali 5 years ago
i got it for my wife and we both liked it , but its smells so dry + non-syrupy-sweet to me its like a fruitier feminine version of ancre noir

by Lavendel18
***Euch allen ein wunderschönes und friedvolles Weihnachtsfest***
by Rosie88
by Rosie88
by Smitty
by Smitty
by Amberfreak
by Amberfreak
Alles Walzer? Alles lila!
by Tiabeani
by Hermessenz
by Somebody
by Somebody

Popular Lalique

Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique Encre Noire Sport by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Perles de Lalique by Lalique Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Noir Premier - Fleur Universelle 1900 by Lalique Noir Premier - Illusion Captive 1898 by Lalique Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Terres Aromatiques 1905 by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Les Compositions Parfumées - Zamak by Lalique Les Compositions Parfumées - Oriental Zinc by Lalique