Amethyst 2007

Amethyst by Lalique
Bottle Design Pochet
Amethyst is a popular perfume by Lalique for women and was released in 2007. The scent is fruity-floral. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Perles de Lalique

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesBlackberry, Strawberry, Currant, Mulberry
Heart Notes Heart NotesPeony, Rose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanilla, Woods, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 12.01.2021.

A gentle misunderstanding
Aubergine, purple, fuchsia are some of my favourite colours and as an aquarius the amethyst is my stone next to the aquamarine. Officially, of course; for all non-astrological companies I ask for smiling understanding when mentioning this! Unfortunately I can't do anything with aquamarines; I find them beautiful, as a stone for me but much too soft and bright; I am a dark woman.... Amethysts, on the other hand, have always fascinated me and I also own some jewellery with these stones.

There is a lot of Lalique among my fragrant treasures; but I hadn't heard anything about Amethyst even when it was released and was once again surprised by a glossy advertisement, which at the same time quietly reminded me that I hadn't exactly been up to date for some time. Sighing a little bit resignedly I had to admit to myself that everything else had been overshadowed by the single parenting; time and necessary change for my beloved hobby had become scarce. My son, the charming little rogue (he got that from his father!) had chosen me as his centre of attention and my boss naturally expected the same from me; the constant balancing act between job and child had become my purpose in life and the endeavour not to neglect either of them cost all the discipline and energy I could muster. My own little world had to wait......
Now that my son has grown up, is leading his own life and mine has changed unexpectedly and a bit stormy in the meantime, I finally have the time again to dedicate myself to the fragrances and to sniff one or the other with expectant curiosity.

Amethyst's mildly fruity opening makes me smile immediately; the fruit is a wake-up call;
a good mood bringer for all berry enthusiasts who have decided on the milder version with the gentle freshness and for whom the much-vaunted citrus scents are simply too much for a lively pick-me-up.
The subsequent interplay with the roses fits perfectly. A touch of vanilla and musk brings warm and gentle finesse; the woods round off softly. I also think to sniff a few peppery nuances; if this is indeed the case, this is the lively but pleasantly restrained "whistle" in the composition!

I like the scent, but it's not mine.
I had a different idea of him when I bought him; more powerful, oriental, maybe with a little incense. I interpreted that into the dark packaging and I would have liked to see the name on an Oriental.
Nevertheless, I dismiss him with a hearty smile!

KimJong
Pepper, wine, woods, and some unique artistry
When I wear this, people around me think I wear very expensive and rare perfume. I enjoy their reaction. I think Amethyst is a thing that's dry berries and some dark wine on a manly peppery woody base. It's less sweet and doesn't feel too young or too thin. Roses (which are in fact close to geraniums) also work like a hint of classic men's colognes. So, even though Amethyst is clearly a women's perfume and not very unisex, it does not undermine his masculinity when a man wears it. These types of perfumes create a much more unique and artistic atmosphere when worn by men. So, I would recommend this for men as well. If you love to wear Black Berries & Bay or Tom Ford's Plum Japonais, try Amethyst as well. This is not a fragrance similar to them, but I think I can put Amethyst and them together in same category. The category called "Low risk and high return adventure".
It's the berries
This fragrance was recommended to me by a friend. After the insight of the fragrance pyramid I decided to try it. I haven't ventured into berry terrain yet. Tested on my wrist I was immediately enthusiastic. I actually perceived the berry note directly, I don't find the Sillage bad, but I still feel the need to spray on the scent again and again, as it is also rather light for me
Rose in ice berry juice
Amethyst from Lalique smiled at me from afar and waved at me...
I smile back and like to grab Amethyst for a test :)

Already the bottle lets hope for a smell surprise and I am not disappointed...

Right after the first sprayer a variation of berries flies around my ears, which I have never sniffed before in this combination...
I mainly perceive blackberries and blackcurrants... it smells tangy-fresh, without sweetness... rather slightly acidic.... delightful... summery... fresh...

Then the rose comes along... she is noble in a dark purple dress... slightly synthetic, which is a little diva! But not bitchy or biting, rather fine, delicate and cuddly....

Thanks to the Ylang Ylang a warm shy sweetness comes out, which is absolutely harmonious here and makes the scent even more interesting....

Later a little bit of musk is added, which can only be perceived very well, but is also very suitable...

The berries and the rose are present and dominant all the time, which I personally like very much...

I like the scent very much, only the durability might be a little bit better, after about 4 hours the magic is unfortunately already over...

Berry summer à la Lalique
For me, berries of all kinds have simply belonged to summer for years.
How I like to remember the thorny raspberry hedge that bordered my granny's garden to the back:
How many stains on the summer cotton clothes the women of my childish surroundings complained; how many scratches, caused by the pointed thorns, decorated my skin - a very special kind of tattoo!
I loved the yellow raspberries, because they had no thorns, but unfortunately they always had inhabitants. I don't think a fruit was maggotless!

Strawberries are not so popular with me; probably because I don't like the German species so much. Everything is just not for everyone!
The ones I love so much from the vicinity of Verona - the "Alto Adige" - unfortunately only exist very rarely.
But when the asparagus and rhubarb season ends at Johanni (how I yearn every year for these spring vegetables in their so varied ways of preparation!), then my very personal "berry summer" begins!
I already wrote about the gooseberries, which repeatedly cause me stomach ache as a child (why couldn't I wait until they were really ripe?) in my commentary on "Elderflower & Gooseberry" by Jo Malone.
But red and deep dark berries: that's where the joy really starts for many months!
And the piglet in me prefers to be a little careful; now I have to remove the fruit stains myself!

So Lalique with "Amethyst" hit exactly my summery fragrance taste!
In contrast to Bvlgari's "Omnia Amethyste", the fresh and green notes are missing here: pink grapefruit and the many greens made me give away this fragrance - I wrote about it in my commentary - which is actually reminiscent of an oasis of well-being. He was bizzing a little too much for my taste. Almost like one of those bubble balls for the bathtub.
My neighbor, on the other hand, is absolutely thrilled!

Amethyst" by Lalique.
I am greeted by an amazingly gentle, soft scent of fine soap.
I still love piece soap, whose pure sensuality I don't want to do without when using it.
In view of the berry top note I am already very pleasantly surprised here: a fine hint hovers around me.
Slowly the various kinds of berries are added: the lustful dark blackberry nuance dances with not only black currants, but also red currants.
The expected acidity completely covers the soapy entrée; here it bizzes and bites nothing: everything is pleasantly balanced. Even when the ripe strawberry is ripe and full of fragrance; not quite as dominant as expected.
A mulberry that always tastes a little dull to me - until today I couldn't find out why - completes this berry mix very skilfully and full-bodied.
Mature, full berry variety on a white soap foam bed - no, I don't want to eat this mixture; but as a fragrance composition it delights me very much.
She conjures a happy smile on my face: Summer - I'm coming!
Peonies: in the last weeks regular guests in my big vases.
How do I love these heavy, petal rich heads, the dark foliage and the sun and lightness promising fragrance!
(That I have to ban them to the balcony at night just because of this smell is part of it.)
Here in "Amethyst" they exude this fragrance very generously; quite in competition with a rose, whose heads in my fragrant imagination hang easily by the heaviness of the flowers: their richness of colour and aroma is too enormous!
As a highlight Ylang-Ylang finally appears: how happy I am every time at its sparkle and radiance!
For me, this is always a bright fragrance accent; the scent of ylang-ylang reminds me of the fireflies that enchant a summer evening sky and seduce me to their very own dream journeys!
But the slight tenderness of the fragrance is still very fleeting at this point; "Amethyst" could here be dedicated to Ariel, the Air Spirit.
There is still a basis missing that conveys a little firmness and ground solidarity.
This is first achieved by using wood, not too dark, not too noble - but wonderfully fragrant dried in the sun.
Layered wood, which had the time to dry, for example, on the edge of a forest path by sun and wind, delights with this very special, rich scent.
Exactly this was captured here and harmoniously integrated: the air spirit thereby receives an earthly bond! (He is not asked if he likes it!)
"Amethyst" by Lalique is not a "little girl's scent": that's why a certain erotic component, a quiet, highly feminine curl, should not be missing here. After all, he's from France!
The warm erotic viscidity of vanilla therefore also meets a skillfully dosed musk Nothing here is too much, nothing too loud or challenging: a very feminine, almost fragile elegance, an enticing floating radiates this now perfected perfume work of art.

For me, this fine fragrance lasts for several hours; whereby the initial soap impression touches me pleasantly again and again: it never leaves me completely. A fragrant veil surrounds me, rich and yet distinguished and reserved. Beneficial and delightful!
The end of the fragrance process leaves me a little bit melancholic: "Stay, you're too beautiful!" I would like to say in the style of the poet's word!

The flacon is also beautiful; how could it be different with this company, whose glass art fascinates and enchants again and again.
A classic form dominated by the deep shade of amethyst.
Watch it! Watch it! The amethyst fades under sunlight - let's hope that this bottle doesn't fade! But who of us exposes his fragrant companions to the blazing sun?

Amethyst is not only beautifully integrated into jewellery; it also has a great healing effect.
Used even for insomnia, it provides restful sleep. I always have a thick amethyst under my pillow, cut like an egg shape. He is accompanied by a rose quartz heart.
Honestly, sometimes he helps, sometimes he doesn't. What's certain is that it won't hurt!
Amethyst transforms negative energies and can stabilize mental illnesses.
Due to its blood-cleansing and draining effect, amethyst is also considered a helper against alcoholism.
The vernacular believes in it: do we believe it or not!
The deep shade is supposed to convey power, power: well, we take what we can get!

I think it's obvious: I fell in love with "Amethyst"!
In the gentle tenderness, this quiet melancholy - a fragrance quite according to my heart.
All the happier I am that the mini atomizer is still well filled with the sample: I don't want to let this beauty go so fast.
Because Lalique's "amethyst" will certainly be with me for a while Once again I would like to thank a dear and generous perfumista who left this sample to me

Forest Summer Afternoon
Scentrack: Ultravox - Vienna

n my opinion one of the most beautiful female perfumes. The explosion of all kind of berry fruits on the strong woody (Iso E Super) background and peppery musky notes. Very contemporary and almost unisex due to potent woody notes. The smell of fruit rhapsody during summer afternoon in the forest. Perfect Art Nouveau bottle. Scent like a fairy tale.

Rating: 7.5/10

StellaDiverF
A basket of fresh berries
Lalique Amethyst opens like a basket full of black currants, blueberries and blackberries. And dare I say, the real berries! Not cloying sweet berry-flavour, but juicy, green, fresh, with a hint of acedity.

The transition to the floral heart is smooth. Without noticing, peony, rose and ylang-ylang are already there. The pepper adds some sharpness to the soft scent, like spikes on the stem of a rose. The delicious fruits are still present and smell sweeter than in the opening. But the sweetness is fortunately still in a subtle way, as if the berries have ripened during the development of the fragrance. The sillage is soft and the longevity is 7h+.

It's not a conventional girly floral-fruity fragrance. To me, it's an ode to the nature, the summer in forests. And I agree with tommy_girl that it focuses more on mind than body. I'd recommend it if someone's looking for a fragrance that smells like real berries. However, I suggest testing prior to buying as it's rather sharp during the first hours of development.

Originally written in 2013

Fruit & Floral Perfection
Before this came today, I thought I wasn't much of a fan of fruity florals. Amethyst made me do a 180 on first whiff! Talk about gorgeous! The non-syrupy-sweet top note smells so good I didn't think berries right away. I thought, wait, what's this flower I've never smelled? Of course when most of us think Lalique, we think crystal. They're the house that designed the bottle for L'Air du Temps, the one with two doves, and many others. When the granddaughter, Marie-Claude, decided to start a perfume line in 1992, Lalique de Lalique was the first result and every year they make a stunning limited edition flacon of it. The bottle for my Amethyst EdP is pretty darned cool, too, a dark purple squarish affair, etched with a design of berries on the vine. Alluringly it implies its contents are special and they are. The floral heart is perfection, as is the vanilla-woody-musky base. Amethyst is the kind of richly fragrant perfume I search for, to fall and stay headlong in love. I snagged it for under $30, an utter bargain.

Amethyst
This fragrance opens with a ripe berry accord that is sweet and juicy. A touch of spices adds depth to the composition which otherwise would have been too girlish. After a while the fragrance gradually transitions from fruity to floral, allowing the gorgeous rose note to shine. The reign of the queen of flowers does not last the entire heart accord, for towards the end lily and ylang-ylang share this duty with her. The final stage of this fragrance is characterised by vanilla with a dash of musk. Young and sophisticated this fragrance just screams spring to me.

A rough amethyst
Just like the genuine, rough, amethysts given to an expert jeweler to cut and polish to perfection. And it comes out sparking with violet fires. From looking at the elements composing this perfume, a good number of them are dark purple, dark pink, dark red, and thus the Amethyste is deliciously dark, deep and beautiful.

MissBiscuitsMissBiscuits 6 months ago
refreshing berries without the stickiness or synthetic remnants. notes of green balance out the fruit.
AnasaliAnasali 5 years ago
i got it for my wife and we both liked it , but its smells so dry + non-syrupy-sweet to me its like a fruitier feminine version of ancre noir

by Irini
***Euch allen ein wunderschönes und friedvolles Weihnachtsfest***
by Rosie88
by Rosie88
by Smitty
by Smitty
by Amberfreak
by Amberfreak
Alles Walzer? Alles lila!
Brombeerranken
by Somebody
by Blaustern
by Blaustern

Popular Lalique

Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique Encre Noire Sport by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Perles de Lalique by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Noir Premier - Fleur Universelle 1900 by Lalique Noir Premier - Illusion Captive 1898 by Lalique Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Les Compositions Parfumées - Zamak by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique Noir Premier - Terres Aromatiques 1905 by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Encre Noire pour Elle by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique