Encre Noire (2006) Eau de Toilette

Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique
Bottle Design: Lalique

Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Lalique for men and was released in 2006. The scent is woody-earthy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance.

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesVetiveryl acetate, Cypress
Heart Notes Heart NotesBourbon vetiver, Haitian vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesCashmere wood, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.10.2019

8.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

Helpful Review
Really good layering material
A few days ago, I found out that Encre Noir is a really good layering material. If you put a rather light fragrance on Encre Noir, it will last for a very long time, adding a dark character to the fragrance! The first thing I tried was to put Silver Montain Water on Encre Noir. Oh, my God! The shaded gothic snow mountain is projected vigorously for 12 hours +. Then I tried Diphyque's L'Ombre Dans L'Eau, and ahh! Ohhhhhh! It was really good! It was really bloody fascination! Please try many things, too! I'll keep experimenting and updating it here.
8.0 7.0 7.0 9.5/10

Fine and elegant
It is a wonderful fragrance. I didn't meet a person not to like it! Fine and elegant. A jewel in my collection. But ... unfortunately ... unfortunately ... unfortunately ... a thousand times ... unfortunately ... I can't smell it for long time. I do not understand why... !?
9.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Tom27
A matter of taste or maybe not
Hardly any other fragrance splits the parfumo community like Encre Noire. Some find it disgusting with parallels to burning car tires and the like. The others, to whom I also belong, are enthusiastic and love him.
For me this fragrance is exceptional because it is able to evoke a fascinating black aura before my inner eye.
Hardly sprayed on, it smells like freshly extinguished wood on a cold autumn night. An intense smoke escapes from the glowing nests still present in some places and covered with dust. This moist and smoky impression is probably due to the use of synthetic cashmere, white musk with a good portion of Iso-e-Super. At the same time a very dry, dirty and earthy vetiver is added. Together with a green conifer-like aspect, through the cypress, a smoky dark coniferous forest is now almost physically tangible.
This fragrance impression now remains almost unchanged until it has completely dried. This happens with me approximately after 6-7 hours. The Sillage is relatively strong during the first hour and then becomes close to the body, but is still clearly perceptible.
I can recommend Encre Noire to anyone who wants to get to know the rooty, moist, earthy side of Vetiver. However, I cannot advise a blind buy, because in my opinion the scent is too special for that.
For me it's a perfect scent for cold, humid autumn/winter days and is definitely my favorite vetiver perfume.
8.0 7.0 9.0 9.0/10

Black as night!
This fragrance has accompanied me for a very long time.

I move through my side job often on technopartys, on which predominantly black is carried.

Techno stands in our circles for tolerance, openness and harmony, but there is also a scene that represents these intentions in exactly the same way, but spends nights with very dark music in very dark rooms.
The mood becomes extatic, even hedonistic.
Sometimes it seems as if pure anarchy is the order of the day.

For this kind of night I have been looking for a suitable fragrance for a long time... and found.

Encre Noire corresponds exactly to my imagination when I try to describe this mood in a fragrance.
I have similar associations as many of the previous speakers who go in the direction of "cemetery", "tomb", "vampire" and "church" and see there also the connection that arises with me.

The scent:
...goes absolutely in a sacral direction for me and brings back memories of myrrh and incense, both of which are not found in the fragrance pyramid.

After spraying, a cold musk and moist, stale wood unfolds Immediately I have a mysterious vaulted cellar in front of my eyes.
Encre Noir doesn't really evolve for my nose, but smells the same until the end.
On clothes the ink will last forever, so you can have fun with it for a long time.
On my skin he keeps me all day / all night!

In order to be noticed by others with it, however, it needs 5-8 splashes with me.
I have also tested with my friends (... the poor always have to pay for my scent tests).

Conclusion:

The fragrance has an absolutely dark aura and is available for a small price. Who is interested in herbaceous, mysterious smells, should test here in any case times.

P.S.
While writing I noticed that this is probably my current Signatureduft.

- Funumai
9.0 7.0 8.0 9.5/10

"Always on Sundays....
....the memory comes" Cindy and Bert (not related to Ernie and Bert), who, as the informed Brigitte reader knows, were the adoptive parents of Marylin Manson, who could possibly be blamed for the premature death of both in the late 90s, once sang...
Marilyn Manson, the result of a liaison between Heinz Schenk and Charles Manson, treasurer of the Bempflinger Obst- und Gartenbauverein as well as the Kleintierzüchterverein, is rumoured to be the mastermind behind Andrea Berg and therefore decisively responsible for the complex sound of the showpiece troubadour....
So far "the bridge" as usual, as a transition to the chorus....
Why Marilyn Manson now? On the one hand neither Marilyn Monroe nor Sharon Tate lives, Roman Polanski is "Persona non grata" in the USA because of forbidden sexual practices practised in the 70s and on the other hand the gloomy pictures, which some here associate with the scent, have inspired me to choose M. Manson as a hanger...Marilyn had no objections, I had asked him on Saturday while bowling in the town hall cellar (Michael Moore was also there) for permission...
It's kind of cute how people around here get so excited about the scent - "Scandal, shame, crucifies him..." So much the better, then less run with Encre Noire through the area and leave the smell to the "black-robed fraction"... If I had to name a signature scent EN would be among the first five possible candidates. The scent is probably made for all black-robed night owls who cut a path through the night in the black Dodge Challenger... david Lynch and Quentin Taratino are in the rear...
The name Encre Noire and the black bottle are the program, even if you search in vain for the ink here. Since the other icons, like Ebene and Macassar have unfortunately died, EN is more than just a satisfactory replacement.... Wood, wood, vetiver - what more could you want... If only there was the scent, it wouldn't be a drama for me... The scent is linear, so what? Those who love surprises should buy chocolate for children...
David Lynch, Christian Bale, Brad Pitt, Kyle Maclachlan and many more meet on Mulholland Drive for "Marschmellow Roasting", all in black, the air is impregnated with Encre Noire, "The beautiful People" by Marilyn Manson is running in the background, soon Arvo Pärth comes out of the thicket and asks if anyone wants to take a sauna....

8.0 10.0 9.0 9.0/10

Harrock
Extremely earthy ... what special but extreme!
Lalique Encre Noire is something very special ... something you don't smell so often ... and something you want to wear !
I find it hard to describe how he judges but the best way to describe the smell is to take a bag of potting soil and pour it out in the bed ...Extremely earthy and wet wood ... it is a fragrance that has to unfold first ... in the beginning you think: Ufff the thing judges musty, different, strange... but after a few minutes it changes ... it becomes woodier and quieter .
The durability is really good! in my opinion the performance is enough to a Dior Sauvage ran.
Whereby sauvage is clearly more mainstream. Encre Noir just stands out ... You can be sure people will ask you about that. It's more for the winter. Or if you want to attract attention in large groups e.g. outside in the city ... what for outside on the jacket or so ... not necessarily go for the office or for sleeping ... your partner will thank you ... You don't put Creed on fresh when you go to bed ... Encre Noir is particularly violent in the first minutes of extreme ...
9.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

TruuMax
The legend of the forest
I'm a person who loves nature.

That's why a night walk is something that would suit me. If you read the text carefully, you'll quickly find out how the perfume develops at each stage.

Act 1:
A cool spring evening... The trees start to blossom and the plants grow steadily. The ground is still cold from winter and a little damp.

The last rays of the sun are still dazzling through the treetops, but the ever stronger wind is already carrying the smell of approaching rain through the forest.

As I continue my journey through the forest, I pass a slightly weathered hunter's lookout, which lies next to a gently rippling stream. The stones around him are all mossy.

Act 2:
The wind gets stronger and stronger, while the first drops hit the ground and slowly soften it again.

I look for shelter in an old hut in the forest, because the storm seems to get stronger and stronger and stay for a few hours. While the rain is getting stronger and stronger and thunder is increasing, I have come to terms with the situation, I decide to take a nap...

Act 3:
I wake up, the weather is distorted and the only thing left of it is damp air and the wet ground. The sun's rays flood the forest bit by bit more and more and I make my way home, while the forest slowly starts to dry again.
9.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Thought Provoking & darkly elegant
The dark figure makes it's way along the quiet forest path flanked on either side by the tall deep evergreen trees, their sharp tips pointing up like pen nibs scratching their way through the grey water-colour clouds. The road opens out to an old building. Inside, the walls are covered with wood panels, an old printing press occupies the floor-space. Stacks of paper, vats of rich black ink. Through a square window a garden, beyond the long grass a great cedar spreads out it's large long-reaching branches as if to confirm it's dominance and with it an unmistakable soft woody sweetness.

Well, apart from that abstract paragraph what can I add that hasn't already been said by others here? Well, for a long time I was very skeptical about this fragrance and whether I should blind buy it. Would it be another disappointing discovery from a list of fragrances for which I believed the hype? Well, happily for me my first contact with Encre Noire was a very pleasant one, and subsequent meetings (and wearings) only improved by bond with this scent! I do understand why it can be divisive and if I'm honest, beyond the name and presentation I'm surprised this is seemingly so popular as it certainly doesn't smell like a typical crowd-pleasing fragrance, far from it.

Natalie Lorson's now famous creation is most certainly an acquired taste but then in my opinion many of her other fragrances are too, for example Bentley Intense for Men, of which I'm really not a fan but there is no denying as with Encre Noire, it's high quality, artistry and unique blending. I'm yet to try the two flankers 'Sport' and 'A l'Extreme' but I'm eager to do so and frankly, given the high quality of this Lalique fragrance and value for money it provides (from certain online discount sites) I'm not too worried about being disappointed.

For people who like strong vetiver and cypress in their fragrances (or think they might) this one is definitely a must try, I personally don't find it 'too dark' or hard to wear but actually quite elegant. I do however think it suits rainy or overcast days, or when one is in the mood to do a bit of soul searching, it can be a little melancholic but in a good way.

Not a typical hype beast but a surefire modern classic.

8.0 8.0 9.0 3.5/10

ScentPhantom
Vetiver, Vetiver, Veti - what!?
Due to the positive evaluation, here 'with us', in the forum, I had the 'black ink' once in the eye, or for under the nose seized.

The scents read and read very promisingly. The grades and comments also.

Experience says that even ratings of perfumes that have about my fragrances in their collections can't replace sniffing out a fragrance
The tastes are known to be different, even if they seem the same.

So, a test! That had to be before the purchase, in any case.

I got a booklet with a sample tube from the scented stall. This allowed me to perform the test longer and more often than with a single application of the test bottle.

After the first spray on the skin, he didn't make my nose dance.

He seemed dull and brittle. In its simplicity, it immediately reminded me of 'One Million'.

Maybe there's something else coming?

Even after hours, still (prose I deny myself now!) the same, very simple kept fragrance picture.
The course was very linear, there was nothing more.

After eight hours a strong silage was still perceptible and also the durability, if one carries this smell, is far beyond what other smells are able to achieve in this point. I could understand these points of the evaluation.

Alone, he wasn't mine.

Maybe it wasn't my day. There is such a thing.

Thanks to the test tube, the fragrance got another chance the next day and its final knockout! ...by the statement of a colleague from the 'New Federal States':

"What!" he said, "it's still there?"

"What do you mean?"

"The mosquito repellent", he said, "we already had it in GDR times."

Knockout!

Hopefully, I get this summer, no problems with the mosquitoes ...
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

two vetiver well balanced
For me it is one of the nicest men's perfumes available. Its wooden components are of rare balance and the vetiver is brilliantly crafted to be true as the beautiful combination revolves around having two vetiver. This strong component and the first compound is the Haitian Vitiver or (Bourbon) rare and characterized by its characteristics of dust and root and spices and leather and nut and features a little pink and the second most drier and dusty and bitter and smoke to the extreme
9.0 7.0 8.0 7.0/10

WoodyBree
Love on the 52nd Riecher..
As a bloody newcomer to the world of perfume, I was only looking for one piece of wood. Fixed by Molecule 01, which smells of warm, spicy wood on my skin, which I became addicted to, I wanted exactly this scent - only louder and more tangible. The great search began - for wood and forest.
Pretty fast I came across Encre Noire, apparently THE wood scent par excellence. Forest in a bottle! Oooh, a bargain on 100 ml! 3,2,1, MY!
And there he came, long awaited, in this beautiful, heavy bottle... First splash... hmm, great. Quite different from any perfume I've ever smelled (not that many). Smells like nature. First thought is GREEN. Plant sap. Humidity. Freshness. Wet meadow. That's nice. Didn't I? Uh... Where's the dry wood? The spice? The heat? Disappointment is slowly creeping in. That wasn't what I wanted.

For a while I ignored the pretty bottle in the closet, offended. I've been sniffing at it. Strange brew. Is that portable...? So among people? In between, the smell reminds me of a green dishwasher detergent, which I sometimes use. Not exactly what I want on my neck...
Still sniffed at it from time to time.
Finally he became my dogwalk scent. All to myself. Outside. There you go.
And then came the aha experience. December, morning, with my dog in the woods. Encre Noire on my neck, which blows into my nose every now and then...
It had rained all night. The earth is muddy, soaked foliage, slippery moss, wet wood. It's fresh, cool, damp. And suddenly the smell of the wet forest mixes with Encre Noire and I don't know where one ends and the other begins.
And suddenly all those perfume comments make sense. I just looked the wrong way. Yes, Encre Noire is (for me) cool, wet, spicy forest and lots of plant sap. Fantastic- if you're looking for that.
I can't see the much talked about darkness in him. Fog, maybe. But mostly a fresh green. The feeling is very subjective.

Meanwhile I have also found what I was looking for, but I am glad that I have Encre Noire as a bargain in my small collection :)
9.0 8.0 9.0 8.0/10

Dark warm leather
The first impression is that of fine leather, but not that of a new car, but rather that of a warm expensive leather couch in front of the fireplace. The scent is dark, strong but it does not jump into your face, but sneaks into your nose again and again at intervals. I cannot share the association with cold, wet, dead earth, for me the scent is warm and dry, noble, rich wood notes and warm earth, as in the Mediterranean summer under an olive tree form the back wheel and embed the leather gently. Very male, dominant by darkness and volume but quite elegant. The cuddling factor could well be present if the woman likes leather. Keeps 7 hours loose, I like it
10.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

My soulmate.
Black ink for me it sounds like black soul; metaphor.

What do I expect from a name like that? A scent that radiates dark, gloomy, loneliness, as if it were looking through my eyes into the soul. If I want to experience loneliness and a scent should lead me to it then Encre Noire is the right thing for me. A composition that starts with a woody 'grey' note and in the course of time finds its 'pitch black' completion. He comforts me in days when my soul is crushed by the burden of life and envelops me with a veil of rest.

The noble bottle has been reduced to the essentials and reflects the fragrance and its uniqueness. The shelf life is on a high level, the Sillage however weakens a little.

One must not expect the smell of ink from EN, which one suspects especially from the naming. Instead, you get a vetiver fragrance that is second to none.
8.0 6.0 7.0 3.0/10

!!!!!!!!!!!
At the beginning of my passion for fragrances, I made the mistake of ordering fragrances blind if the ratings here at Parfumo were high enough. Encre Noir was my last bug of this kind.

I have read through all statements and comments about this fragrance here and the water has run together in my mouth. Divine ink, heavenly vetiver and God knows what I was allowed to read here. In addition a score of currently 8.1. With the price one must simply strike there I thought.

First of all I can say that the most beautiful thing about this perfume is the flacon. Even though it has a minimalist design, it still looks very noble.

The fragrance itself lacks pretty much everything that was praised so highly here before. I don't smell ink from start to finish. Not once, not even rudimentarily. If you want to smell authentic ink, you should try Mortal Skin by Stephane Lucas. The only thing I smell here from the first spray to the base is earth. Damp old earth. Well, I don't mind if a scent runs linearly. But only if the scent smells good. This one doesn't do that for me. I was hoping for a similarity to the Encre Noir for ladies, which I really liked to smell. But there are worlds in between. How can it be that such a fragrance is rated better here than e.g. Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver or Guerlain's Vetiver? These are just two of the countless examples of unrealistic scores here at Parfumo. In addition, there are all the unobjective and often far-fetched comments and statements that give the readers an interest and an expectation that the fragrance cannot justify. I have the feeling that some people here rather live out their inner poet than really deal with the scent in a matter-of-fact and real way and thus help the people who are interested in the respective scent.

Even though I'm probably stoned by the community here, I couldn't help myself...

Love you guys < br /> Denis
8.0 3.0 4.0 4.0/10

What haven't I read here,
i don't want to comment all these vampire, cemetery, church, tomb, from another world blabla things, because I fell for it and ordered it blind. For me a absolutely meaningless Labberwässerchen, which does not deserve the name Noire to begin with. And if that ink is supposed to be, it's probably secret ink that you sign contracts with. Ne people, for me the prime example of a fragrance that is tailored exclusively to a special younger audience (hipster), who hardly know any real reference fragrances and the zeitgeist, hardly wanting to smell of anything, except perhaps after, I think it is called Iso E Super. Boring as hell for me.
10.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Marlboro
Is that old wooden chick still alive?
Yes! He's still alive and proud of his name! I have read some comments on this fragrance here and bought the cat in the bag - but have I regretted it? Clear "no" at this point. The fragrance is heavy, noble and really unbelievably mature, but I agree with my previous commentators on the course of the fragrance - there is none! I personally have no problem with that, because I really like the composition of Lalique.
Sun, moon and stars? It's not! Not a little light burns in the sky, deep black, noble and pure he comes along! The clean man without a shadowy existence - I find that simply "super cool"!

Abstraction
Some commentators praised and some complained that Encre Noire lacked a scent. This may be true from a diachronic point of view: After five hours on the skin, this fragrance still smells as it did shortly after it started; somewhat quieter, but basically almost identical. Real shifts in perception actually only occur synchronously and more or less spontaneously. So while many other perfumes resemble a play or medieval historical painting (the story develops from left to right), Encre Noire is closer to certain trends in modern painting. Or a Rorschach test. Similar to the works of Russian Suprematists or people like Mondrian, a uniform, immovable scent impression stands before us on the surface, which is initially no more than it is. Pure, uninterpretable matter.

Only with longer, not even particularly concentrated duration of perception, changing associations emerge in me, only to sink again soon. Wet forest soil, bark mulch on playgrounds, asphalt, rubber tires, ink (actually!). In fact, the picture field as a whole - at least for me - is a rather dark one, but without the emotional force that stormed me a little at "Eucris" by Trumper. It seems as if the perfumer in this composition has tried to work out the pure performing ability of the vetiver - and this has certainly succeeded. Pure representation, silent showing is cold and the question is, as with modern art, whether it pleases.

But here the picture goes wrong: this question is of course not simply a question of taste in great art; rather, the value judgement here feeds on a wealth of other considerations. With consumer art this is something else and the question whether I like the fragrance is not easy to answer. Intellectual satisfaction through the new, respect for the composition: Yes! Pure "like": I don't know. Therefore, I will abstain from a rating for the time being. Mondrian's too, by the way. To this day, I still value his pictures more as "symptoms", in a sense purely from a cultural science perspective. As an expression of time. Internally, however, they leave me cold.
8.0 5.0 9.0 5.0/10

NasiGoreng
I can't make up my mind!
Encre Noire is one of the most difficult fragrances for me so far!
Not that I don't like him or that he's bad.
It is certainly an extraordinary fragrance - but here we are already talking about: Is it really a fragrance or "only" a smell?

It really smells all very dark and dark and heavy. But unfortunately the smell remains the same for me after about 5 minutes - but actually for many hours. So the durability is really extreme - even if quite close to the skin, I think. However, I can't even say exactly what he smells of - but yes: it reminds me of old church, swamp and pencil.
And after the many hours mentioned above it can be really annoying if nothing happens and it just - I call it that way - a "dull" smell on the skin (although bobbling here is probably exactly the right term: association to swamp / pond / old water).

Let me put it this way: if a little freshness would appear here once in a while (even if it would probably have absolutely nothing to do here, since it is simply not this fragrance direction), which would then "transport" the fragrance away from the skin, the fragrance would have a much greater chance for me (because a certain sweetness is sometimes also recognizable).
Maybe a little menthol or eucalyptus in addition or something in the direction...?
Maybe try with layers...?
Oh, I don't know!
For this reason - since neither very good nor bad - I give an average 5!

sunny greetings from Lower Bavaria
Shari
6.0 6.0 8.0 8.0/10

One more comment
Do you really need a comment?
88 comments and 93 statements have certainly already said everything.
Well, if you really want to know how I feel about this perfume, then read on.
But I'm not forcing you, you could stop reading now.

Really? You do whatever you want.

All right.

Still at it?
Okay... let's go...

The scent is

very summery and also well for the spring thought, in addition it is wearable also in each situation, well for a wedding or similar.

It is fresh and flowery and unfortunately not so special at all, you have already smelled a hundred times.

He is friendly and anyone can wear him.
A very sweet and cuddly fragrance, light and bright in its effect.

Everybody likes him and everybody wants him.

What's missing is a little wood!
Stops even for a short time.
P.S.
This comment only reads correctly on the opposite day :)
9.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Serenissima
powerful and noble with shining lights
The scents of Lalique have a very special charm for me since I was allowed to get to know them.
Until now, it was only the clear, almost pure women's fragrances that sometimes gave the impression of a quietly splashing fountain or reminded us of melodically sounding glass beads on fine strings.
Transparent, fresh and yet very refined.
They always seem a little bit innocent to me.

Already with the "Noir Premier" series there is no trace of innocence anymore; all those I was allowed to test carry a subtle eroticism in themselves, which demands a lot, but also gives a lot.
"Noir Premier" fragrances are not for beginners on the wide field of our fragrant companions.

Because of these experiences I asked a very special perfumista for a small bottle of "Encre Noire".
I had to get to know this men's fragrance that sounds so interesting.
And I got to know him - but how!

Let's be clear: "Encre Noire" is not a cuddly toy; it has a deeply dark soul that can quickly act as a deterrent to sensitive animals.

"Black ink" - I can still see the wide feather strokes in front of me, where the ink changes slightly into blue and also radiates a typical, very own metal smell.
Because I still remember the inkpots we used in school when we had to learn to write with an old-fashioned fountain pen.
For my nose this heavy ink smell belongs especially in the old school buildings.
There I sometimes have the impression that the masonry has been saturated with it for centuries.
Similarly, "Encre Noire" greets me; it awakens deeply buried memories.

A tart and earthy fragrance: Encre Noire receives this deep blackness as a special nuance due to the multitude of different vetiver applications.
Even for a pure men's scent, it's very demanding. This fragrance is quite repulsive to women at first. As a real guy he expects you to surrender to him, to subordinate yourself to him.
Therefore it is only suitable for "strong women" who can live with leaving this alpha scent animal their place in the first row These vetiver chords are further enhanced by the addition of vetivery acetate, a wonderful fragrance that is simply dreamlike, very elegant and extremely expensive.
In short: Vetiverylacetate is the substance from which very individual vetiver illusions arise.
This creates a heavy, dark fragrance that is not just earthy, but has its roots deep in the mysterious darkness.
For this reason alone, "Endre Noire" is a fragrance for the very special man whose surface we believe we know, but still can't guess what surprises it holds The cypress, which is at home under the southern sun, cleverly adds its Mediterranean spicy resinous aroma.
So this scent becomes a little less static, but starts to live; as if a gust of wind would stir up the heavy air and create a pulsating atmosphere.
At this point in the fragrance my curiosity was finally aroused: what would come next? What fragrant surprise would I experience?
Not a poor, but a powerful dose of musk suddenly appears: it makes this fragrance composition more pliant, somewhat softer in the further course.
The noble note of cashmere wood finally gives this scented fabric a sparkling flash.
"Endre Noire" now glows in certain phases of fragrance development.
You think you can almost perceive its aura.
So here I find a scent that offers deep darkness, almost blackness; through the cypresses woody-spicy becomes and reveals a surprising glow like an eroticizing touch.

In my statement, I called "Encre Noire" misogynistic. In a way, this fragrance is that too; it was developed for gentlemen who like to signal a certain power with it.
No, no empty power of a male: "Encre Noire" dominates its wearer - whether male or female - and does not allow any other gods besides it.
Here is a solitaire who speaks and lives through his own personality - rules!

With me, "Endre Noire" lasts several hours, but becomes more tame, calmer and dampened in the course of time.
Even I light blonde petite woman can imagine to wear this fragrance to the appropriate evening attire.
But not in the opera or in the concert hall; he would powerfully try to dominate even the most powerful tone paintings.
Thus "Encre Noire" is a successful counterpart to the pure, clear and partly also elvishly tender scent spins, which I was allowed to get to know from Lalique so far and which I appreciate very much in their charming kind.

I'm almost afraid that a man who wears this Lalique fragrance convincingly and doesn't let himself be undercut by it would quickly capture my interest and possibly even become dangerous to me.
"Encre Noire" is not for the cashmere sweater type or the wimp, in my opinion.
It is also not a scent of the "big wide world", in which "a real guy" in a checkered shirt with a short leather vest rides over his possession or crosses the oceans like a pirate.
(Then of course not in checked shirt and leather vest!)
Here one finds the scent for a gentleman who knows how to lead, but at the same time respectfully confronts every other human being and thus knows how to manifest his position impressively.

For a long time I wondered whether I would have the courage to comment on this pure men's fragrance here. But I didn't want to keep to myself the mysterious black magic that "Encre Noire" radiates and the somewhat mysterious charm of this fragrance.

"Encre Noire" resembles a being of concentrated power, which, however, if one is patient and a little humble, offers a glow that enchants and captivates.

KimJong 29 days ago
Dark, tidy, calm, intelligent.+1
Hoban27 92 days ago
Classy , well blended earthy woody Vetiver, a legend but performance not like how it used to be . just lighter now and that's bad.+1
5.0
6.0
DPArtist 180 days ago
Dark woods yet surprisingly not heavy or oppressive, there's a freshness & a refined elegance, picture grey clouds above an evergreen forest+1
Mihaiu 6 months ago
Earthy vetiver, inky, bit incensy cypress.Dark&bright at the same time.Elegant, sophisticated even if it seems simple. Forest under the moon+2
JoaoMartins 13 months ago
As dark green as you can get! Love it+1
6.0
AmberScent 14 months ago
This fragrance is like a first love. It is an unforgettable passion that we cherish and remember regularly. Glorious vetiver blackiness!+5
Tagazeu 18 months ago
Inky musky perfume+3
Carlitos01 19 months ago
Dark and glorious smoked vetiver. It's a true landmark of the fragrance comunity. If you haven't tried it yet, you don´t know what you miss.+5
H27 2 years ago
One of the best that I ever tried. Not safe blind-buy but I really like it. Very good projection and longevity.+1
PMRP12 3 years ago
Like its bottle, this fragrance is strong, dark, and mysterious. An artistic expression of a charred cedar forest after a rainstorm.+2
Elysium 4 years ago
Encre Noire, Black Ink, Inchiostro Nero... so damn dark like a black voice, so damn bitter like a poison, so damn smoky like a peaty whisky!+2
Gwdbe 4 years ago
This is so good, can't let it go to a finish

by Pateratzi
by deluxe
by Keppy
by Keppy

Popular Lalique

Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Perles de Lalique by Lalique Amethyst by Lalique Encre Noire Sport by Lalique Encre Noire pour Elle by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique L'Amour (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique L'Insoumis by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Nilang (2011) (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique