Encre Noire 2006Eau de Toilette

Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique
Bottle Design Lalique
Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Lalique for men and was released in 2006. The scent is woody-earthy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesVetiveryl acetate, Cypress
Heart Notes Heart NotesBourbon vetiver, Haitian vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesCashmere wood, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 25.02.2021.

Sorry, but..
Not a beast for me. Received it recently, newer batch, not quite what I've heard.
Decent softly sillage and it barely reached the 7th hour mark. Tested multiple times.
The smell is nice, I cannot lie but also not the most gorgeous perfume that I've put my nose on. Very woody, masculine and quite refined for the price. In combination with the vetiver it creates a nice combo but not a killer one. I see it as a mature scent that you can surprise your elders with. Give it a try, it might suit your tastes.

Overall : 7/10

Dark Fresh Green Woods
Sought a decant after enjoying both the Sport and extreme versions. It's an amazing scent, opening with green grass and turning more into dusty, dirty roots after the top notes recede. It's pretty fresh and dry to to my nose but dark at the same time. I don't get the damp ink impression that most people smell. I'm probably nose blind to ISO-e super because my colleagues can smell me even hours after I spray it. Two to 3 sprays at most because the dryness can irritate my nose. Projection is moderate compared to other scents.

EN vs ENS: ENS is the same scent as Encre noire but brighter with the citrus. After a few hours they smell the same

EN ve Extreme: Extreme is waaay richer in scent with the incense and patchouli in the background. Sillage and projection is the same. Extreme felt too sweet for me when compared to ENS, but I enjoyed the nuances of the scent when compared to EN. Surprisingly I prefer the original.

Versatility: ENS > EN > Extreme (ENS is perfect for daytime, EN is darker but can be interchanged with ENS, Extreme is perfect when you're well dressed)
Projection, sillage, longetivity: feels the same to me for all three.

Conclusion: It's a perfect scent for me. Fresh, dark and dry at the same time. I'll definitely get a bottle to complete the whole set.
Unsuess
Somewhere between extra dry and dust dry
Always interesting how different but the scent perception is: For me, this is pretty much the driest fragrance I know. This fragrance is for me somewhere between extra dry and dusty dry. It almost makes me thirsty. If I put it on right after a shower, I don't have to dry myself off. If I smell it too long, then I need nasal spray afterwards, because my nasal mucosa is dried out.
So drier is hard for me to imagine, and it will always remain a mystery to me how you can smell damp, musty earth or the like here.

Encre Noire
Dear Nathalie Lorson
It's gloomy it's dark, it's raining and this vetiver monster has got me feel all so good.. Every man needs this n their collection. Enough said!!!!

Thank you for this wonderful, dark and mysterious fragrance

Peformance 9/10
Projection 9/10
Longevity 9/10
Am I immature?
Well... what can I say... i've always been half shiny, someone who made sure to smell good.... not to put too fine a point on it... but when you have that reputation, you don't get rid of it easily. Now at 35 I have to say I am now making smelling good a hobby. This is my first comment and I'll probably get ripped for it but if I can't give my opinion on various scents here, where can I? (my wife is not interested in it *sadface*)

Well, like any beginner... one makes beginner's mistakes... and pays quasi Lehrgeld. It all sounds a bit too crass at first.... and for God's sake, it wasn't a huge loss... but I have me, like everyone who starts with this hobby, the mistake afforded something blind to buy because Parfumo (the No. 1 perfume community in German-speaking countries) has something "too good" rated.

If I want to describe it with feelings mhh.... So if 1Million smells like one of the good swashbuckling party nights of my youth, Encre Noir smells like pure sadness.... but so where you still think to yourself "hey it gets better" ... but now I'm sad for now.

With very high expectations I ordered it so...the anticipation of fragrance mail was huge ... 100 ML at under 40 euros ... 8.2 average rating ... SNAP... what can go wrong?

Unpacked, sprayed on it.... BÄÄÄM ... old falter is that penetrating... smells somehow strange metal-like... old... earthy... Made me want to take a shower, change my clothes.... This scent... so blatantly penetrating... but admittedly also kind of interesting.... For me, it was first clear... if Vetiver smells so then I never buy another perfume with Vetiver...

But I thought to myself so: Hey they all say, wait first until the top note has settled and let it a little time to work (as a beginner you still think: "how should this please get better") ... And yes, with a little patience this penetrating one subsides and it becomes more bearable... only then you can perceive the nuances and finally appreciate the fragrance...

Nevertheless: 8.2/10 is too high taken... maybe my nose is not yet trained for it... or my taste is just different... or as the title says, I am perhaps still too immature fragrance? At this point, I would give it a 6.5-7 /10 (which is not bad by any means). I won't sell it, will wear it from time to time... maybe I'll learn to love Encre Noir yet. But it will stay a little further back in the closet for now. Maybe for the days where I'm melancholic on the road.
And that with the Vetiver I still give a chance.
Treebeard, is that you?
This fragrance is intense, violent and brutal. So if I had to describe Encre Noire in one word, it would be wood. Well, come on, let's take another word... Dark wood.

So this fragrance is not for nothing very controversial but for that very reason not a 08/15 product but something unique. This fragrance is like a night walk in the rain in a forest. Vetiver note all the way and cypress are killing me... Personally I find the fragrance difficult but not hopeless.

He waits patiently until his time has come and at the right moment he is there and performs that the branches bend. D+H are already really good and as I said, it is not a fragrance for the smooth business man or the 18 year old high school graduate, it is a fragrance that needs its master to be mastered.
Laurenstprnc
Either you love him or you hate him
I think the Encre Noire is just awesome. But it is not a fragrance that you wear every day. I prefer to wear it in the winter time when I go outside, for example to a café or for a walk.
5.5

Strong dark vetiver
Cypress with vetiver that develops into vetiver with cypress, basically. Minimalistic yet fascinating; there is a certain wow-effect on the first time wearing. The dramatic goth associations actually make sense. After that first time wearing, it's 'just' a nice sharp vetiver with strong performance.

The sillage is rather strong in my opinion. There's a sharpness to it, that's just too much to wear indoors. The woody earthy vibe works great in outdoor settings, though. Funnily, my tastebuds got totally messed up while wearing this. Lunch tasted like a bowl of twigs and leaves. How appropriate :)

The price level is ridiculous, by the way. The bottle itself is worth more than that. As always, Lalique's bottles are pieces of art.
Bad brother of Terre d'Hermes
What made me buy the scent.

Coincidence.
A pure blind buy.

I just filled my shopping cart at the big N and got the ad for this fragrance presented. Tight 20s. Since you can hardly do anything wrong at that price, I briefly checked the reviews here and practiced G stands for gönnen.

A few days later my parcel arrived and I was curious. Unpacked, sprayed on You know the one Sprayed it simultaneously onto a test strip and left it there.

In the further process I sniffed several times at me and the strip.

Also at the risk of being beaten, for me it is almost identical to TdH.
EC begins darker from the beginning and you know where the journey is going. The vetiver is very present and over the wearing period is the main accord of the fragrance. TdH begins more citric and a little brighter. The vetiver appears more friendly and not so overpresent. But apart from that, these fragrances are twins for MY nose. Both I find strenuous to wear, although they are fragrances. But that is probably because I am not a fan of dry fragrances, which does not diminish the quality of the fragrance.

My biggest problem is the carrying. The fragrance is actually suitable for dark days or dark occasions. Possibly on office days where you call out to your colleagues "I'm not in a good mood"

I'll keep it, but it'll last a long time. . .
Caligari
It's not the victory yuletide mouth's fault..
Because of exactly this "stupid" scent I am here and as a result of it, after almost four years, I am poorer by a considerable amount of money. It could have gone on like this. But no, they absolutely had to take my favorite fragrance of that time out of the program.

To find an alternative, I tried a search engine on the Internet and it led me to exactly this Parfumo.de page of "Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette)", because it would be so similar to the deceased
In fact, however, I was so distracted by the abundance of information and offers that the black ink degraded to triviality. But the ink did not disappear from my radar and fortunately a small sample was washed ashore at my place quite early. And...

He was only marginally involved with the replacement he was looking for, but...!!! For that price? Roundabout 20 € for 100 ml? Even 150 ml of shower gel (which I can't recommend by the way) cost more!
I'm really a big Vetiver fan and I've already tried a lot of things. It can't be smoky enough for me. So this vetiver is not the pinnacle of creation. It can't be. Because if it was even more drastic, it would never have been such a success.

In the meantime I have already tested some budget fragrances that I know from my young years in their new edition and I was regularly startled. They are not harmonious, have no depth and seem unspecific.

Not like this. "Encre Noire (eau de toilette)" is very stable. It has quality and performs well. And it can compete with good vetiver scents that are maybe five times more expensive. It's not sweet, but robust and therefore a pleasant surprise on the grab tables of online perfumeries.

Although it is qualitatively outperformed by other vetivers in my collection, I cannot give it away. I just can't. It wouldn't be fair to him. Should I sell it for 10 € + postage? There are more emotions attached to it than to some other fragrances in my collection, which cost 10 times as much
Encre Noir, you hold up a mirror to a lot of people. You're an indicator and you make people think. Thanks, Encre Noir

Finerthings8Finerthings8 3 days ago
If you don’t mind synthetic iso-e,it is one of nicest and cheapest vetiver scent around.Ofcourse sycamore is better but this will do the job
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 months ago
Very spicy and green (cypress) opening. The drydown is an earthy/woody vetiver, dark, spicy, smoky and slightly boozy. Great fragrance.
NgarciaNgarcia 4 months ago
Someone that is expecting the well known amazing niche quality, with dark vibe and ink smell, should search in other place, but it's nice.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 4 months ago
Initially bright spicy-green, this rather dark and slightly boozy dry earthy-woody Mid season fragrance settles to a warm dusty woody base.
GreMuserGreMuser 4 months ago
Vetiver masterpiece. Dark, dirty, and somehow gothic. Not for everyone, more masculine but a strong woman could easily wear it.
EsojoEsojo 5 months ago
I like Encre Noire, but it's far from being a great vetiver. I'm not sure if it's olfactory fatigue, but longevity on me is quite poor,
TorkeTorke 6 months ago
It smells just like black ink, like the name suggests. A very good vetiver scent. For the price, not many come closer.
Similar to Sycamore
HugoderricaHugoderrica 6 months ago
Mysterious, classy and manly. It's the dark side of Terre D'Hermés. Astonishing fragrance for a low price. MUST BUY!
AithanAithan 6 months ago
A dark, mysterious scent. Definitely not a crowd pleaser.
Also bring ink, wood & burning tires into my mind.
Not my taste.
DPArtistDPArtist 10 months ago
Stern & thought-provoking. A linear scent which seems simple yet conjures so much, an inky engraving studio, an upturned log, a grey sky...

by Elysium
by Keppy
by Scuba
by Scuba

Popular Lalique

Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique Encre Noire Sport by Lalique Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Perles de Lalique by Lalique Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Noir Premier - Fleur Universelle 1900 by Lalique Amethyst by Lalique Noir Premier - Illusion Captive 1898 by Lalique Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Terres Aromatiques 1905 by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Les Compositions Parfumées - Zamak by Lalique Encre Noire pour Elle by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique