Encre Noire 2006Eau de Toilette

Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique
Bottle Design Lalique
Top 84 in Men's Perfume
Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Lalique for men and was released in 2006. The scent is woody-earthy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesVetiveryl acetate, Cypress
Heart Notes Heart NotesBourbon vetiver, Haitian vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesCashmere wood, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.09.2020.

Flame99
Hyped because he's so different, not because he smells good
The headline summarizes the fragrance in one sentence: If you start to deal with fragrances in private you will sooner or later come across the so-called "Cheapies" - and these are not only supposed to be cheap fragrances...if you want cheap, you go to the nearest drugstore and buy something from Adidas or Bruno Banani...but what you get for a questionable quality and durability is another matter.The "Cheapies" are supposed to be fragrances that are quite cheap, and with a very good P/L ratio, so some people claim that you get more quality than you actually pay for the fragrances, which is an illusion because they are less overpriced compared to the others.Starting with the bottle, which I like very much, and which embodies the fragrance very well, to the unique scent character, and that's it, because the scent itself is neither attractive/satisfying/inviting nor versatile. cashmere wood gives it a nice soft, nutty character, but the vetiver used here in combination with the cypress has a slightly repulsive, medicinal touch.It is only penetrating when you smell the fragrance from 5cm away, but that's not so bad, because in the air the medicinal component is more difficult to smell, or even impossible if you don't have a close look at the fragrance.
Hello, I'm Encre Noire
"You want to know who I am?"
"That's not so easy to answer..."

"I'm dark, I'm dominant, I have a strong charisma and I'm definitely something special."

"Some people even claim that I am the dark cemetery scent, I am the scent of the gravedigger, even the scent of the Grim Reaper.
Well ..., I admit, I am a little macabre, because I do not tolerate many other scents Anyone who comes near me has a hard time. But I have nothing to do with death Neither the Grim Reaper nor a gravedigger known to me can be found in my WhasApp contacts - honestly!"

"I have harmonic qualities as well as restless instruments on board So I heard that this "Intenso" claims the following about me: "

"I can smell the scent of a walk in the woods, after a heavy rain, with lots of leaves on the ground. Just very earthy, like wet leaves, very harmonious."

"Again he claims I can smell like a barn fire that's been put out Still a little warm, but no flames anymore, but very smoky and angular.
Well, I have already thought something about choosing my beautiful hat in dark wood look.
My dress in deep black, so that not everyone can see behind the facade immediately."

"If you choose me, you will get an authentic partner with charisma, some facets and endurance. My best friend is Vetiver, you should like him, because without him I won't go along!"

Encre Noire

Buy as a minor?
Lalique Encre Noire,
Myths surround this fragrance, myths which are as good to listen to as this fragrance is good. For a very reasonable price I was able to buy a normal bottle for a very reasonable price without having smelled a sample before. After the first two sprays of the fragrance I felt teleported to a wellness or sauna area A very pleasant freshness with a touch of the well-known cypress aroma flattered my nose. It smelled good, but since I am still in school, do I want to smell like this in my classroom? After sauna and wellness? No, I did not. I was sceptical at first, until the heart and the base note appeared out of the mist of wonder. After about 20-30 minutes of the cypress/sauna smell, an incredibly pleasant and masculine scent appears, which bewitches the senses of those around me, but also those of myself. And I don't mean that the scent goes offensively forward, no, I mean that this scent provides for plenty of compliments, namely for an incredibly pleasant, unobtrusively unobtrusive scent, which is just as suitable for cuddling The mixture in the base note of cashmere wood and musk is simply worth its weight in gold. Scent and durability are already top. I make it for the durability now short, very good to exceptional on my skin.
Conclusion: Lalique Encre Noire is in my eyes a rightly praised scent which brings after a gestation period of about 30min an incredible amount of compliments, but is also for the rocky moments a very loyal friend If they have read up to here, I thank you very much and can only give you my purchase recommendation Goodbye
Gloomy ????
Phew, I really wasn't expecting that. I read a lot about it and I ordered this scent for a more than fair price of about 22€/100ml blind. Actually nothing can go wrong. The flacon and the general presentation are really very chic. The cap of the spray head can be removed with a pleasant resistance, the weight gives a feeling of quality. Sprayed on and directly on the nose, hui. That is powerful. I have not smelled anything comparable yet. The scent composition itself is really interesting. The strong alcoholic notes evaporate quite quickly and let an interesting smell of vetiver mixed with smoky woody notes penetrate, all in the coat of a dry sweetness. Here came directly my association with the often described "dark graveyard scent". My untrained nose doesn't like it much after a certain time. It smells slightly musty. This is absolutely no scent for newcomers or people who are looking for an attractive scent. Neither for the university, nor in the evening for going out I would like to wear this scent. It's a unique scent, you have to like it
The Ink King?
Hello everyone and welcome to a new fragrance comment from me :)
Today I come to a quite well-known scent, which I did not know myself, mu ha ha. No, of course I knew the scent, but had only tried it once or twice before. But now that I have found a sample of it, I can finally test it more extensively, even though it has now been described by 1000 other people here.

We are talking about Encre Noir (EDT) by Lalique. A fragrance that appears again and again in enumerations or lists, someone should ask here which men's fragrances are recommended. Apparently this scent is so inseparable from "Good Men's Fragrances Lists" like Jeremy with Chanels Bleu de Chanel, Creed Freaks with Aventus or DonJuanDeCat with Parfuma grumblings :D
So you understand, Encre Noir is always part of the mix when it comes to good men's fragrances.

But is that really true? Is Encre Noir really such a beautiful fragrance? Or are all those who recommend this fragrance again and again just crazy like the Aventus disciples, who don't list different men's fragrances in their fragrance recommendations, but only fill the list with Creed's Aventus, sorted by batch code of course (just to be able to argue afterwards, which Aventus is the better one, that's sick man :DD).

Well, we'll see! The scented liquid with its purple color looks quite nice. After all, violet is the colour of kings, so it fits perfectly for me, the king of commentators, mu ha ha ha ha ha,... phew, how arrogant that sounds, I know I know :D Anyway, here is my comment, now read it finally :DD

The smell:
The fragrance begins with a volatile alcohol note. Then the fragrance seems to be slightly tilted, is it possible that my sample is actually slightly tilted? I'm not sure yet, but I'll wait and see, after all I'm now smelling the first dark and earthy vetiver notes. The background seems to me slightly smoky and tart, actually matching the dark vibrancy of the fragrance, just as matching are the cypress wood notes, which come across dry but nice.
Gradually I think that the fragrance is not tilted after all, because with the exception of the beginning no fragrance is distorted or comes across wrong, as far as I can tell here anyway. I still smell more vetiver from the heart note on, even stronger now, as do the woody notes. A slight sweetness of musk breaks through the spicy-woody monotony, but the musk also has a rather darker aura, as so often. Nevertheless, vetiver is the main note in this fragrance. There are several types of vetiver here, but I'm not a professional who could really tell the difference between the different types of vetiver I smell here.
The later base is actually just a little cypress and mainly vetiver. Here it becomes clear that the fragrance then smells very intensely of earthy vetiver, which means that you have to like vetiver in any case, because the base lasts quite long and this earthy note might get on some people's nerves over time.

The Sillage and the durability:
The Sillage is above average. No firecracker but not weak either. You don't have to get very close to be able to smell the scent for a while. So the charisma fits. The durability is even quite good, because the scent was still smellable on my skin after twelve hours.

The bottle! The bottle is a glossy black square bottle on which the name of the fragrance is simply printed. The cap is also square and matches the wooden scent (because of the wood notes here). It may seem simple, but it looks good.

Conclusion:
Soo guys, that was now Encre Noir, which by the way means black ink. Sure, most of the inks, especially the classic ones for writing are black anyway or have a different, dark colour like blue. But why the fragrance is now called Encre Noir, I don't really know. Does ink smell like this scent? I hadn't had a pen in my hand since primary school, and like other pupils I was never one of those who enjoyed sniffing ink and licking it afterwards... :D
Well, supposedly this fragrance is supposed to develop differently on every skin and according to the descriptions it is like a personal, handwritten letter, for which of course a pen is used and not any kind of pen, hence the name of the fragrance :D

But what I can say about this smell here is this: It's not bad, I even liked it in some places, but I found the later base too vetiver-heavy and therefore annoying in the long run. Maybe it's not as great as the fans of Encre Noir would say, but everyone praises the fragrances they personally like more than others. It's no different with me. For example, if somebody asked me about a nice summer scent, I would probably always answer Fico di Amalfi from Acqua di Parma first, because this scent is just super great for me.

Be that as it may, Encre Noir is a nice autumnal fragrance that is also distinctive and masculine with its woody notes. Unfortunately, the drydown, or the later base, as I always say, is what bothers me about these fragrances. Because as I said before, you almost only smell vetiver then, and quite intensively. On clothes this lasts even longer, even for a few days, which was a bit annoying for me, because even after days on the clothes the scent was above-average and not as good.

Nevertheless, the fragrance is worth a look or a smell, even if it should not do justice to all the hype about the fragrance (at least in my opinion) and yes, but it can still be included in lists of the most popular men's fragrances. He can also kick Aventus out of the lists for all I care... just no, it was a joke to annoy the Aventus freaks here again, hey hey.

Well, that's it for me. I wish you all a great evening, until then :)
Dark vetiver
Vetiver is clearly one of my favourite ingredients when it comes to the production of fragrances and here we have some representatives of this species.
It started as a scent sample and finally ended with the purchase of the original bottle and it was certainly not a bad buy.
Depending on where you buy it, the price varies a lot and normally you should get 100ml under 30€, everything else is too expensive.
"dark" hits the nail on the head.
Vetiver is clearly noticeable, very masculine, no sweetness perceptible...surely nothing for a visit to a disco or for the younger generation, but still for a (business) man who knows what he wants.
Flacon: black noble, lid in wood optics, a heavy chunk with statement
Shelf life and Sillage: rather in the better range, although Sillage flattens out after a few hours (but at what scent it doesn't do that ;) )
5.5
A dash of grief
Strange that my first rating on this great site which I have been following for years just my worst blind purchase is due ????

I ordered Encre Noire after having read only good things about it in a perfume group! Afterwards I checked out this page as usual and read that this fragrance smells like death and mourning... I didn't think anything of it and wondered how death and grief can smell...
The package arrived one morning and after opening it, a beautiful and huge black cardboard box with wood grain optics smiled at me! Full of expectation I took the small inkwell out of the box and was fascinated by the robust flacon and the great lid! What can still go wrong now?
After spraying it on my wrist I waited a few minutes as usual before I smelled it.
The first sniff revealed a great, dry and intense vetiver note paired with liquorice and burnt car tires! Like many a time I thought that the top note might have a great heart note! Not this time!
The fragrance hardly changes in its scent, only the tyre fire seems to be softened!
The fragrance is dry as dust, has no sweetness or sweetness at all...
Most likely to compare with an old armchair which has been standing in a ruin for years, a wooden coffin or a library of the 17th century...
Definitely an interesting scent, but not for a 23-year-old boy like me.
But my best friend really liked the scent! A stylish end twenties who likes to wear such beating like Kouros, Egoiste or Antaeus.
He's better off there now.

Encre Noire dark as death, an olfactory crypt, a gravedigger with a spray head.

Weltschmerz
My first comment...

And not at all the fragrance I wanted to describe and comment on EVERYTHING in this great forum, but the feelings overpower me and have to get out.

Just now the nice DHL man rang the bell and had my much longed for package in his hand.

I ordered Laliques Living and the Encre Noir blind.
I am one of those avanturists whose heart beats faster when I order naughty blind and imagine how it will smell like..guilty : )

As always, I tear open the well-wrapped box trembling and my hand reaches directly for Encre Noir, although I really only wanted to have Living. But the offer was unbeatable and Encre Noir was on my wish list anyway.

I tear open the second package. Magic, square, black and very heavy.

I'm spraying and I literally have a cardiac arrest... I didn't expect that. Even the first sprayer has me. Warm and spicy. A little earthy. I take leaves which are lying in the woods after a rainy autumn day and I take a deep breath while walking. One of my favourite smells. It gets slightly sweet and I actually take an ink smell. But this irresistible spiciness remains.

I feel wrapped in a cozy blanket that accompanies me all day long.

My melancholy is there..I can't stop it..I can't do anything. Now my heart beats faster and my ears rustle

The first thought that came to my mind was "there is indeed a fragrance that embodies my omnipresent world-weariness".

The deep abysses and the pain of my soul, my dark side and the longing. The restless being inside me. He holds a mirror up to me and I start to cry incessantly.

In a way I cannot explain, I finally feel safe and understood. There is nothing more to explain and no reason to keep banging my head against the wall.

It might be because of the difficult time in my life or simply because of the lot which gave me life, there are endless reasons.

The burden of my entire sex is on my shoulders, at least I have felt that way until today.

But today they're standing there telling me it's all good. We're with you... let go..
Old, holy and a Hail Mary
I bought the fragrance on recommendation at a reasonable price.
My first impression after the spraying was: Death Mass in an old church.
It's the smell of a relic to me. Dark and somber. But also appealing and interesting.
Once sprayed, I dive into another world. A world of mystery and uncertainty It lasts for a very long time and is still perceptible in its full glory even after hours.
I love this scent because it's so mysterious. Slightly tart and a bit leathery but not unpleasant Full buy recommendation!
A macabre masterpiece
If you have always been unsure which scent to wear to funerals, for example, Encre Noire will be a good choice.
This dark masterpiece is not only melancholic and unmistakably beautiful, but unfortunately also very limited in terms of versatility (for me).

The fragrance itself is, as often described here, very high quality and for the price for me simply unbeatable compared to any other fragrance in the price range.

Encre Noire is a dark, earthy fragrance with very good durability, especially on clothing.
If you like vetiver scents, you'll love it.

For myself, the scent is too dark to wear it at work, maybe I'll see it differently later, but at the moment it's just unimaginable for me.
I bought Encre Noire blind, like probably many others, and with the low price I was really fast=) and I was not disappointed at all.
So don't hesitate, I think it belongs in every collection.

Finally, I would like to say again that Encre Noire for me is more of a unisex scent and not just for men.

TorkeTorke 11 days ago
It smells just like black ink, like the name suggests. A very good vetiver scent. For the price, not many come closer.
Similar to Sycamore
HugoderricaHugoderrica 12 days ago
Mysterious, classy and manly. It's the dark side of Terre D'Hermés. Astonishing fragrance for a low price. MUST BUY!
AithanAithan 16 days ago
A dark, mysterious scent. Definitely not a crowd pleaser.
Also bring ink, wood & burning tires into my mind.
Not my taste.
DPArtistDPArtist 136 days ago
Stern & thought-provoking. A linear scent which seems simple yet conjures so much, an inky engraving studio, an upturned log, a grey sky...
TaberneroTabernero 152 days ago
One of the best perfumes value for money. A melancholic fragrance. Remember a rainy day lost in a lush forest. Vetiver, wet land, rain.
OmardoOmardo 7 months ago
Beautiful
it's strong but also smooth, wife liked it
Similar to chanel sycomore, which is sweeter, even better, but much more expensive.
MillanderMillander 8 months ago
This one (with wooden lid), Red Vetyver and Terre EDT is the best masculine vetiver I can stand but only in winter.
FranknSenseFranknSense 9 months ago
The more I wear it the more I like it. This earthy dark vetiver fragrance is a precious gem.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 11 months ago
My signature scent. Unbelievable. So beautiful.
KimJongKimJong 12 months ago
Dark, tidy, calm, intelligent.

by Elysium
by Keppy
by Scuba
by Scuba

Popular Lalique

Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique Encre Noire Sport by Lalique Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Perles de Lalique by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Noir Premier - Fleur Universelle 1900 by Lalique Amethyst by Lalique Noir Premier - Illusion Captive 1898 by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire pour Elle by Lalique Noir Premier - Terres Aromatiques 1905 by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique