Encre Noire (2006) Eau de Toilette

Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique
Bottle Design: Lalique
Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) (Lalique)
Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) (Lalique)

Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Lalique for men and was released in 2006. The scent is woody-earthy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance.

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesVetiveryl acetate, Cypress
Heart Notes Heart NotesBourbon vetiver, Haitian vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesCashmere wood, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 20.01.2019

Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Love on the 52nd Riecher..
As a bloody newcomer to the world of perfume, I was only looking for one piece of wood. Fixed by Molecule 01, which smells of warm, spicy wood on my skin, which I became addicted to, I wanted exactly this scent - only louder and more tangible. The great search began - for wood and forest.
Pretty fast I came across Encre Noire, apparently THE wood scent par excellence. Forest in a bottle! Oooh, a bargain on 100 ml! 3,2,1, MY!
And there he came, long awaited, in this beautiful, heavy bottle... First splash... hmm, great. Quite different from any perfume I've ever smelled (not that many). Smells like nature. First thought is GREEN. Plant sap. Humidity. Freshness. Wet meadow. That's nice. Didn't I? Uh... Where's the dry wood? The spice? The heat? Disappointment is slowly creeping in. That wasn't what I wanted.

For a while I ignored the pretty bottle in the closet, offended. I've been sniffing at it. Strange brew. Is that portable...? So among people? In between, the smell reminds me of a green dishwasher detergent, which I sometimes use. Not exactly what I want on my neck...
Still sniffed at it from time to time.
Finally he became my dogwalk scent. All to myself. Outside. There you go.
And then came the aha experience. December, morning, with my dog in the woods. Encre Noire on my neck, which blows into my nose every now and then...
It had rained all night. The earth is muddy, soaked foliage, slippery moss, wet wood. It's fresh, cool, damp. And suddenly the smell of the wet forest mixes with Encre Noire and I don't know where one ends and the other begins.
And suddenly all those perfume comments make sense. I just looked the wrong way. Yes, Encre Noire is (for me) cool, wet, spicy forest and lots of plant sap. Fantastic- if you're looking for that.
I can't see the much talked about darkness in him. Fog, maybe. But mostly a fresh green. The feeling is very subjective.

Meanwhile I have also found what I was looking for, but I am glad that I have Encre Noire as a bargain in my small collection :)
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Dark warm leather
The first impression is that of fine leather, but not that of a new car, but rather that of a warm expensive leather couch in front of the fireplace. The scent is dark, strong but it does not jump into your face, but sneaks into your nose again and again at intervals. I cannot share the association with cold, wet, dead earth, for me the scent is warm and dry, noble, rich wood notes and warm earth, as in the Mediterranean summer under an olive tree form the back wheel and embed the leather gently. Very male, dominant by darkness and volume but quite elegant. The cuddling factor could well be present if the woman likes leather. Keeps 7 hours loose, I like it
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 9.5/10
My soulmate.
Black ink for me it sounds like black soul; metaphor.

What do I expect from a name like that? A scent that radiates dark, gloomy, loneliness, as if it were looking through my eyes into the soul. If I want to experience loneliness and a scent should lead me to it then Encre Noire is the right thing for me. A composition that starts with a woody 'grey' note and in the course of time finds its 'pitch black' completion. He comforts me in days when my soul is crushed by the burden of life and envelops me with a veil of rest.

The noble bottle has been reduced to the essentials and reflects the fragrance and its uniqueness. The shelf life is on a high level, the Sillage however weakens a little.

One must not expect the smell of ink from EN, which one suspects especially from the naming. Instead, you get a vetiver fragrance that is second to none.
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 3.0/10
!!!!!!!!!!!
At the beginning of my passion for fragrances, I made the mistake of ordering fragrances blind if the ratings here at Parfumo were high enough. Encre Noir was my last bug of this kind.

I have read through all statements and comments about this fragrance here and the water has run together in my mouth. Divine ink, heavenly vetiver and God knows what I was allowed to read here. In addition a score of currently 8.1. With the price one must simply strike there I thought.

First of all I can say that the most beautiful thing about this perfume is the flacon. Even though it has a minimalist design, it still looks very noble.

The fragrance itself lacks pretty much everything that was praised so highly here before. I don't smell ink from start to finish. Not once, not even rudimentarily. If you want to smell authentic ink, you should try Mortal Skin by Stephane Lucas. The only thing I smell here from the first spray to the base is earth. Damp old earth. Well, I don't mind if a scent runs linearly. But only if the scent smells good. This one doesn't do that for me. I was hoping for a similarity to the Encre Noir for ladies, which I really liked to smell. But there are worlds in between. How can it be that such a fragrance is rated better here than e.g. Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver or Guerlain's Vetiver? These are just two of the countless examples of unrealistic scores here at Parfumo. In addition, there are all the unobjective and often far-fetched comments and statements that give the readers an interest and an expectation that the fragrance cannot justify. I have the feeling that some people here rather live out their inner poet than really deal with the scent in a matter-of-fact and real way and thus help the people who are interested in the respective scent.

Even though I'm probably stoned by the community here, I couldn't help myself...

Love you guys < br /> Denis
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 3.0/10 Longevity 4.0/10 Scent 4.0/10
What haven't I read here,
i don't want to comment all these vampire, cemetery, church, tomb, from another world blabla things, because I fell for it and ordered it blind. For me a absolutely meaningless Labberwässerchen, which does not deserve the name Noire to begin with. And if that ink is supposed to be, it's probably secret ink that you sign contracts with. Ne people, for me the prime example of a fragrance that is tailored exclusively to a special younger audience (hipster), who hardly know any real reference fragrances and the zeitgeist, hardly wanting to smell of anything, except perhaps after, I think it is called Iso E Super. Boring as hell for me.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 9.5/10
Is that old wooden chick still alive?
Yes! He's still alive and proud of his name! I have read some comments on this fragrance here and bought the cat in the bag - but have I regretted it? Clear "no" at this point. The fragrance is heavy, noble and really unbelievably mature, but I agree with my previous commentators on the course of the fragrance - there is none! I personally have no problem with that, because I really like the composition of Lalique.
Sun, moon and stars? It's not! Not a little light burns in the sky, deep black, noble and pure he comes along! The clean man without a shadowy existence - I find that simply "super cool"!
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10
Abstraction
Some commentators praised and some complained that Encre Noire lacked a scent. This may be true from a diachronic point of view: After five hours on the skin, this fragrance still smells as it did shortly after it started; somewhat quieter, but basically almost identical. Real shifts in perception actually only occur synchronously and more or less spontaneously. So while many other perfumes resemble a play or medieval historical painting (the story develops from left to right), Encre Noire is closer to certain trends in modern painting. Or a Rorschach test. Similar to the works of Russian Suprematists or people like Mondrian, a uniform, immovable scent impression stands before us on the surface, which is initially no more than it is. Pure, uninterpretable matter.

Only with longer, not even particularly concentrated duration of perception, changing associations emerge in me, only to sink again soon. Wet forest soil, bark mulch on playgrounds, asphalt, rubber tires, ink (actually!). In fact, the picture field as a whole - at least for me - is a rather dark one, but without the emotional force that stormed me a little at "Eucris" by Trumper. It seems as if the perfumer in this composition has tried to work out the pure performing ability of the vetiver - and this has certainly succeeded. Pure representation, silent showing is cold and the question is, as with modern art, whether it pleases.

But here the picture goes wrong: this question is of course not simply a question of taste in great art; rather, the value judgement here feeds on a wealth of other considerations. With consumer art this is something else and the question whether I like the fragrance is not easy to answer. Intellectual satisfaction through the new, respect for the composition: Yes! Pure "like": I don't know. Therefore, I will abstain from a rating for the time being. Mondrian's too, by the way. To this day, I still value his pictures more as "symptoms", in a sense purely from a cultural science perspective. As an expression of time. Internally, however, they leave me cold.
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 5.0/10
I can't make up my mind!
Encre Noire is one of the most difficult fragrances for me so far!
Not that I don't like him or that he's bad.
It is certainly an extraordinary fragrance - but here we are already talking about: Is it really a fragrance or "only" a smell?

It really smells all very dark and dark and heavy. But unfortunately the smell remains the same for me after about 5 minutes - but actually for many hours. So the durability is really extreme - even if quite close to the skin, I think. However, I can't even say exactly what he smells of - but yes: it reminds me of old church, swamp and pencil.
And after the many hours mentioned above it can be really annoying if nothing happens and it just - I call it that way - a "dull" smell on the skin (although bobbling here is probably exactly the right term: association to swamp / pond / old water).

Let me put it this way: if a little freshness would appear here once in a while (even if it would probably have absolutely nothing to do here, since it is simply not this fragrance direction), which would then "transport" the fragrance away from the skin, the fragrance would have a much greater chance for me (because a certain sweetness is sometimes also recognizable).
Maybe a little menthol or eucalyptus in addition or something in the direction...?
Maybe try with layers...?
Oh, I don't know!
For this reason - since neither very good nor bad - I give an average 5!

sunny greetings from Lower Bavaria
Shari
Bottle 6.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
One more comment
Do you really need a comment?
88 comments and 93 statements have certainly already said everything.
Well, if you really want to know how I feel about this perfume, then read on.
But I'm not forcing you, you could stop reading now.

Really? You do whatever you want.

All right.

Still at it?
Okay... let's go...

The scent is

very summery and also well for the spring thought, in addition it is wearable also in each situation, well for a wedding or similar.

It is fresh and flowery and unfortunately not so special at all, you have already smelled a hundred times.

He is friendly and anyone can wear him.
A very sweet and cuddly fragrance, light and bright in its effect.

Everybody likes him and everybody wants him.

What's missing is a little wood!
Stops even for a short time.
P.S.
This comment only reads correctly on the opposite day :)
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
powerful and noble with shining lights
The scents of Lalique have a very special charm for me since I was allowed to get to know them.
Until now, it was only the clear, almost pure women's fragrances that sometimes gave the impression of a quietly splashing fountain or reminded us of melodically sounding glass beads on fine strings.
Transparent, fresh and yet very refined.
They always seem a little bit innocent to me.

Already with the "Noir Premier" series there is no trace of innocence anymore; all those I was allowed to test carry a subtle eroticism in themselves, which demands a lot, but also gives a lot.
"Noir Premier" fragrances are not for beginners on the wide field of our fragrant companions.

Because of these experiences I asked a very special perfumista for a small bottle of "Encre Noire".
I had to get to know this men's fragrance that sounds so interesting.
And I got to know him - but how!

Let's be clear: "Encre Noire" is not a cuddly toy; it has a deeply dark soul that can quickly act as a deterrent to sensitive animals.

"Black ink" - I can still see the wide feather strokes in front of me, where the ink changes slightly into blue and also radiates a typical, very own metal smell.
Because I still remember the inkpots we used in school when we had to learn to write with an old-fashioned fountain pen.
For my nose this heavy ink smell belongs especially in the old school buildings.
There I sometimes have the impression that the masonry has been saturated with it for centuries.
Similarly, "Encre Noire" greets me; it awakens deeply buried memories.

A tart and earthy fragrance: Encre Noire receives this deep blackness as a special nuance due to the multitude of different vetiver applications.
Even for a pure men's scent, it's very demanding. This fragrance is quite repulsive to women at first. As a real guy he expects you to surrender to him, to subordinate yourself to him.
Therefore it is only suitable for "strong women" who can live with leaving this alpha scent animal their place in the first row These vetiver chords are further enhanced by the addition of vetivery acetate, a wonderful fragrance that is simply dreamlike, very elegant and extremely expensive.
In short: Vetiverylacetate is the substance from which very individual vetiver illusions arise.
This creates a heavy, dark fragrance that is not just earthy, but has its roots deep in the mysterious darkness.
For this reason alone, "Endre Noire" is a fragrance for the very special man whose surface we believe we know, but still can't guess what surprises it holds The cypress, which is at home under the southern sun, cleverly adds its Mediterranean spicy resinous aroma.
So this scent becomes a little less static, but starts to live; as if a gust of wind would stir up the heavy air and create a pulsating atmosphere.
At this point in the fragrance my curiosity was finally aroused: what would come next? What fragrant surprise would I experience?
Not a poor, but a powerful dose of musk suddenly appears: it makes this fragrance composition more pliant, somewhat softer in the further course.
The noble note of cashmere wood finally gives this scented fabric a sparkling flash.
"Endre Noire" now glows in certain phases of fragrance development.
You think you can almost perceive its aura.
So here I find a scent that offers deep darkness, almost blackness; through the cypresses woody-spicy becomes and reveals a surprising glow like an eroticizing touch.

In my statement, I called "Encre Noire" misogynistic. In a way, this fragrance is that too; it was developed for gentlemen who like to signal a certain power with it.
No, no empty power of a male: "Encre Noire" dominates its wearer - whether male or female - and does not allow any other gods besides it.
Here is a solitaire who speaks and lives through his own personality - rules!

With me, "Endre Noire" lasts several hours, but becomes more tame, calmer and dampened in the course of time.
Even I light blonde petite woman can imagine to wear this fragrance to the appropriate evening attire.
But not in the opera or in the concert hall; he would powerfully try to dominate even the most powerful tone paintings.
Thus "Encre Noire" is a successful counterpart to the pure, clear and partly also elvishly tender scent spins, which I was allowed to get to know from Lalique so far and which I appreciate very much in their charming kind.

I'm almost afraid that a man who wears this Lalique fragrance convincingly and doesn't let himself be undercut by it would quickly capture my interest and possibly even become dangerous to me.
"Encre Noire" is not for the cashmere sweater type or the wimp, in my opinion.
It is also not a scent of the "big wide world", in which "a real guy" in a checkered shirt with a short leather vest rides over his possession or crosses the oceans like a pirate.
(Then of course not in checked shirt and leather vest!)
Here one finds the scent for a gentleman who knows how to lead, but at the same time respectfully confronts every other human being and thus knows how to manifest his position impressively.

For a long time I wondered whether I would have the courage to comment on this pure men's fragrance here. But I didn't want to keep to myself the mysterious black magic that "Encre Noire" radiates and the somewhat mysterious charm of this fragrance.

"Encre Noire" resembles a being of concentrated power, which, however, if one is patient and a little humble, offers a glow that enchants and captivates.
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
If it's a gentleman's scent, then I'm a gentleman
I like to wear black clothes in my spare time. Almost all black and green. Maybe a black scent will go with that. So I had a filling of Encre Noir done for test purposes and can't say anything about the bottle yet. After the late shift I found scented mail yesterday, which I ripped open greedily. I picked out Encre Noir and sprayed my left forearm, which smelled like a rubber glove after hours of disinfection.

The cypress is very clear in the top note. Light, slightly resinous wood. After 15-20 minutes the wood gets weaker and the vetiver gets through. Vetiver is closely related to sorghum, but shares some morphological characteristics with lemongrasses and you can smell it. The fragrance is citrus green without being pungent and is similar to Cymbopogon citratus (lemon grass) and Cymbopogon martinii (citronella). I find the smell delicious, but I also like Thai cuisine and use lemongrass relatively often for seasoning.

As the top note fades away, the fragrance becomes warm and fresh at the same time. At this point I had a picture of cemetery flower wreaths in front of my eyes during the first spraying. However, I cannot reproduce this after repeated use. It is possible that a gust of wind has blown the scent of flowers in from the garden. I don't live in a lab. And such associations can always have arisen from the name and image of a perfume. Anyway, it doesn't smell like ink to me either. I still have a plunger fountain pen and usually fill up when I refill it, so I should still know the smell of ink. The smell on me is not earthy either.

The scent doesn't develop so eerily. From time to time it becomes more woody again, then the vetiver dominates again more. And yes, musk is also present after all. The durability is good but not outstanding, I would estimate 5 to 6 hours. The projection (or Sillage) is good but not excessive either, so I will use the scent boldly tomorrow at work.

The family testers said:
- "I can understand the Black Forest ham from one review." I read Parfumo comments and statements to this tester. I myself don't understand how you can smell Black Forest ham around here. This tester probably likes ham because he loves the smell.
- "That smells even better than smoking men."
- "Discreet." Discreet!

For me, Encre Noir is at least a unisex scent. If it's a gentleman's scent, then I'm a gentleman. I could imagine wearing it all year round and at every opportunity. If my work environment doesn't agree, I'll find out tomorrow.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
The dark side attraction
I bought my first bottle of Encre Noire about 3 years ago. Since then, I already bought another bottle of Encre Noir and its flankers Extreme and Sport.
Encre Noire ("Black Paint" in french) is a strong vetiver cocktail. It's not the traditional barbershop easy to wear vetiver. It's a pleasing to wear dark vetiver accord, result of blending a couple of high quality vetiver notes. It's extreamly classy and its wearer will surely be noticed by the people around him.
My attention was also captured by magnific minimalist black cubic bottle with a wooden cap. So simple and so beautiful.
This fragrance is signature scent material.
After a couple of sprays, you notice a magnificent imposing cypress. The vetiver middle notes make themselves noticed almost immediately, embracing the cypress without choking it.
You get a touch of wood (cashmere) and musk with the base notes to enhance the pleasant darkness mood.
There is something black and animalic about the fragrance that catches your attention in a good way. The notes combination lead you to scent a dark aura around the created ambiance together with a gorgeous smokiness.

Performance is above average. You get a bigger performance if you spray on your clothes and hair. You may get easely an eight to ten hours longevity. Sillage is not as strong, and you share you darkness within five to six feet. You get a good enough projection of more than an arm lenght up to the third hour.

My rates for Encre Noire
Scent Opening: 9.0 (my judgement)
Scent Dry Down: 9.0 (my judgement)
Longevity: 8.0
Sillage: 7.5 (5~6 feet at its peak with just 2 sprays)
Uniqueness: 9.0 (quite unique as a strong vetiver dark fragrance; of course I do not consider its flankers)
Wearability: 8.0 (It leans more to the night time and cold weather, although I consider perfectly safe to use it during Spring and Fall daytime)
Versatility: 8.0 (a dark fragrance that does not please everybody, although its class will overcome many barriers)
Quality: 9.0 (my judgement)
Presentation: 10.0 (Definitely in the front row of any shelf)
Price: 9.5 (100 ml non tester for 22 Euros + shipping)

Overall rating: 8.70/10.00
- between 7 and 8 = above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
I strongly recommend this fragrance to all colectors and all dark fragrances lovers.
I do have my ups and downs with the Encre Noir line of products (3 fragrances). Sometimes I pick the extreme version or the sport version. But there is nothing like returning to the first love. This perfume is gorgeous.

Music: The Rolling Stones - "Paint It, Black"
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Serious
Scentrack: The Fifth Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer

Lalique constantly delivers great and reasonably priced fragrances. Encre Noir is an extremely dark, yet transparent scent. Cypress, a lot of burning vetiver and Iso E Super woody background. Simple, serious and successful. This burning vetiver reminds me of Profumum Roma Fumidus, not so dense of course. Reasonably priced, great smelling, good looking bottle- almost perfect.

Rating: 8/10

Bottle 6.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Black paint
Dark vetiver, linear perfume with strong sharp edges, remember me the smell of the black paint of a pen. Some perfumes slowly seems to lose their strength because of the "odeur fatigue", but not this one! i can feel it all day long, it never smoths is allways there... bang! in your nose.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 9.5/10
Dark masculine scent
Earthy vetiver, Woody, dark, masculine, VERY MASCULINE to be honest, you'll smell like a forest in winter, this one is really outstanding, it is a niche quality with a very low price like 30$ or something but quite remarkable.

Rate:
Scent: 9/10
Longevity: 8/10
Silage: 6/10
Suitable for winter day or night.
Scent 8.0/10
GMK
Classy Masculine
Love in first sight does not happen always...sometimes it takes a lot of time to understand the characteristics and attributes. so is the case with Encre Noire with me...when ever I sniffed it , it reminds me of two very Beloved scents which have been discontinued unfortunately ,Gucci Pour Homme and Lui Rochas...IMO, EN has a similar vibe of that muddy , wet, Vetiver which we call 'KHUSS' , a very nice take on Vetiver with lovely musk , I m in love with this these days , especially for my all time favourite notes of woods, musk and smoke.
Solid dark vetiver
One of the most solid contemporary mainstream fragrances which doesn’t really need my (or anyone else’s) endorsement. It is extremely popular, but finally for a good reason: because it is unmistakably, undeniably really good for the price. If you’re on a budget and you want a good vetiver for even the most sophisticated situation, I can’t think of anything better than Encre Noire. Most of others in the same price range couldn’t really compete with this. A dark and crisp smoky vetiver, as much synthetic as able to disguise it under a genius “inky”, wet-paint look – it has some cheap nuances indeed, but none will notice them. There is cypress, there is Nathalie Lorson’s trademark love for clean, angular, futuristic dusty-woody shapes, and there’s a ton of vetiver and Iso E. You can easily guess what to expect, dark oily woods with a really pleasant sort of “transparent” texture which is able to keep the darkness, but without any thickness or heaviness. Which is probably one of the key strengths of this perfume – it’s dark, but an easy-going, versatile, even “bright” kind of dark (compare this to Jovoy’s Private Label to get my point about dark vetivers). A classy, cleverly modern crowdpleaser good for all seasons. If it was just a bit more persistent though... well anyway, recommended!

7,5-8/10
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 9.0/10
The "Silky" Vetiver...
Encre Noir by Lalique is not an easy one to write about, as it's very complex and mysterious...

Basically this is a fragrance which focuses on Vetiver, from top to bottom... using every aspect of the root in it's composition. It can be linear (it's about Vetiver), but it can also be complex, as it explores the many facets of this wonderful plant.

It's name means "Black Ink", and I think this description fits it very well, with even the heavy dark glass bottle made to look like an inkpot (Lalique actually used a design of an old inkpot from 1913 in their glass design). The smell is dark and smoky in the beginning, with a sharp blast of vetiver root which still feels like it's covered in dirt or mud. It smells very much like the soil at the bottom of a dark, damp forest. It's very mysterious. Then the woody quality comes through... with Iso-E-Super and Cashmeran, a synthetic woody-musky molecule that gives a silky, "sheer" quality to the composition.

In short, this sometimes smells like trees, sometimes like earth of dirt, and other times like wet ink or wet paint. It's really unlike anything else I have smelled. That being said, it strikes me as a "formal" fragrance, for someone who is dressed very well (could be male or female), and who is confident and relaxed (and in control). It also has a smooth quality that smells fantastic on skin. I like it very much, and I find it intriguing in many ways...

This is a fragrance for someone who has an appreciation for fragrances... an "experienced" nose. I think most people will have a mixed reaction to it. But if you keep an open mind (and have experience with many fragrances) then you will appreciate this one a lot. In a word, I have never found that the word "black" fits a fragrance as well as this one. Like the darkest, blackest ink. Smooth, smoky, sultry... like pure mystery! One to try for sure. It smells like nothing else, and the price is fantastic compared with the high quality. Definitely one to try!
Bottle 10.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 10.0/10
Pure forest aroma -
You feel dived in the rain forest where all the magic smells of the leaves and the ground compose a real symphony. Thats what is about this perfume, is so aromatic so magnetic and unique forest aroma. I chose to include this in my collection even if I am a woman I could wear this easily and make everyone wonder what I am wearing. So exclusive, long lasting with a nice dark bottle like dark wood. On men is fantastic on a woman is mysterious could pass for unisex. Lovely !!!
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 9.0/10
For Men
What I really like about Encre Noir is its straight forwards character. It doesn't try to hide what it is, a simple mens's scent. Vetiver, woods and cypress make it difficult to imagine a woman wearing this, but who knows, and what if? For me Encre Noir is very similar to comme des garçons Wonderwood, perphaps EN is a little roughier and CdG's more natural and intense. Also, a good thing is that both can be worn in hot weather. They smell quite fresh in Summer cooler evenigs.

As with other Lalique bottles, Encre Noir looks great and sober, no excess in here, at all.

JoaoMartins 130 days ago
As dark green as you can get! Love it
Bottle 8.0
Sillage 7.0
Longevity 7.0
Scent 8.0
AmberScent 155 days ago
This fragrance is like a first love. It is an unforgettable passion that we cherish and remember regularly. Glorious vetiver blackiness!+2
Tagazeu 9 months ago
Inky musky perfume+3
Carlitos01 10 months ago
Dark and glorious smoked vetiver. It's a true landmark of the fragrance comunity. If you haven't tried it yet, you don´t know what you miss.+2
Bottle 10.0
H27 16 months ago
One of the best that I ever tried. Not safe blind-buy but I really like it. Very good projection and longevity.+1
Sillage 9.0
Longevity 10.0
Scent 10.0
PMRP12 23 months ago
Like its bottle, this fragrance is strong, dark, and mysterious. An artistic expression of a charred cedar forest after a rainstorm.+1
Bottle 10.0
Sillage 9.0
Longevity 9.0
Scent 10.0
Elysium 3 years ago
Encre Noire, Black Ink, Inchiostro Nero... so damn dark like a black voice, so damn bitter like a poison, so damn smoky like a peaty whisky!+2
Gwdbe 3 years ago
This is so good, can't let it go to a finish
Longevity 7.5

• by Pateratzi by Pateratzi
  • by Elysium by Elysium
  • by Blödel by Blödel
  • by HsChen by HsChen
  • by Oberloser by Oberloser
  • by BonnieClyde1 by BonnieClyde1
  • by noirceur by noirceur
  • by JoHannes by JoHannes
  • by deluxe by deluxe
  • by Keppy by Keppy
  • by Simetra by Simetra

Popular Lalique

Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Perles de Lalique by Lalique Amethyst by Lalique Encre Noire pour Elle by Lalique Encre Noire Sport by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique L'Amour (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique L'Insoumis by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique Nilang (2011) (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Fleur de Cristal by Lalique