Encre Noire 2006 Eau de Toilette

Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique
Bottle Design Lalique
Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Lalique for men and was released in 2006. The scent is woody-earthy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesVetiveryl acetate, Cypress
Heart Notes Heart NotesBourbon vetiver, Haitian vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesCashmere wood, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 12.05.2021.

only 'dank' at first
glad i no longer get the mossy vibe, as i do like to wear this in the heat. once i discover a decent scent to layer on top... wouldnt recommend for beach trips, but for office, everyday its cool. 8 sprays (6 skin, 2 clothes) gets me 2.5 hrs soft projection in the heat & is good for 6-8 hrs overall.

Vetiver for everyone!
There's 3 Vetiver variations used in perfumery. Bourbon (the most high quality one, with green, woody and hazelnut aspects), Haitian (perhaps the most used and with more smoke nuances) and Javanese (a very woody and smoky variation). Nathalie Lorson picked Haitian and, allegedly, Bourbon, and created one of the most beautiful clean and woody vetivers around.

We all know that the most known Vetiver based scent is the 59 novel Vetiver by Guerlain. A great green vetiver with tobacco and some spices undertones and, overall, a crisp and natural feeling.

Lalique picked Nathalie Lorson and let her create a fresh woody fragrance with ink as a concept. Very interesting specially for 2006, when Sport flankers were a thing. She was able to put out a fantastic creation around vetiver.

The bitter green opening of cypress is fenomenal and immediately evokes wet soil in a forest. As it dries down, the vetiver takes control. It's very woody and slightly smoky. I would guess that is more haitian variation than Bourbon one.
The overall feeling is very fresh, woody and slightly smoky. I never became overpowering or offensive. It's very masculine, upscaled and office friendly and long lasting (!) thanks to the highly dose of Iso E Super (45% allegedly). The drydown shows a more subtle vetiver and a amped up Iso E super and Cashmere wood. Both give a modern woody trail with musky undertones.

The price for this one is excellent, specially online, as you all know. 100ml for less than 30€. Crazy!

If you love woody fragrances or want to smell a great woody Vetiver based scent, go buy yourself a bottle, please. If you love perfumery in general, this is a classic and a must have for Fragheads. Lalique could only have this beauty for sale and i would be OK with that. Just keep producing this gem, please!

4/5
Bestscent
It's summer and I'm standing in the woods
It is summer, I walk from the parking lot into the forest. The scent of trees, moss and nature comes towards me. Now it's just trees, resinous trees, but somehow also fresh resinous trees. It's 40 degrees and it's dust dry...
Horny, woody, dry. Does not fit everyone!

Dark Vétiver
Think of a classy perfume. I find this perfume sensational and is among my favorites. It has a very linear evolution and with few changes. It starts by smelling cypress wood and vetiver, and I feel it throughout evolution. In general I feel something like spiced wood. Its wood smell is very intense. I do not advise blind in this perfume, I suggest buying a decant and try it a few times, enjoy its aroma.

It is not a youthful scent and does not combine combining shorts. It is a very masculine perfume, very good for special occasions and when you want to impress. It refers to a successful class man. I imagine a man over 30 years old, dressed in sport-chic or social.

Think of the occasions or environments that you would dress that way. These are the best times to use this perfume: important meetings, dinners, ceremonies, etc. Excellent fixation and moderate projection. It is a scent that is striking enough to be noticed, and at the same time it is not invasive, it does not harm the smell of others.

I use it in all seasons of the year, without problems, preferably at night. But you can use it during the day, on more special occasions. Does not match beach and pool. It is not a refreshing perfume, but it is also not hot. It's really wood.
Wicked weak scent
Jeremy Fragrance said in the review, Encre Noire smells evil, A fragrance for a bad guy.
Therefore, I bought Encre Noire blind on Douglas.ch.
The fragrance itself is earthy and has what evil. But unfortunately much too weak. Unfortunately, no Beastmode. Have him after 30 min no longer perceived

Sorry, but..
Not a beast for me. Received it recently, newer batch, not quite what I've heard.
Decent softly sillage and it barely reached the 7th hour mark. Tested multiple times.
The smell is nice, I cannot lie but also not the most gorgeous perfume that I've put my nose on. Very woody, masculine and quite refined for the price. In combination with the vetiver it creates a nice combo but not a killer one. I see it as a mature scent that you can surprise your elders with. Give it a try, it might suit your tastes.

Overall : 7/10

Dark Fresh Green Woods
Sought a decant after enjoying both the Sport and extreme versions. It's an amazing scent, opening with green grass and turning more into dusty, dirty roots after the top notes recede. It's pretty fresh and dry to to my nose but dark at the same time. I don't get the damp ink impression that most people smell. I'm probably nose blind to ISO-e super because my colleagues can smell me even hours after I spray it. Two to 3 sprays at most because the dryness can irritate my nose. Projection is moderate compared to other scents.

EN vs ENS: ENS is the same scent as Encre noire but brighter with the citrus. After a few hours they smell the same

EN ve Extreme: Extreme is waaay richer in scent with the incense and patchouli in the background. Sillage and projection is the same. Extreme felt too sweet for me when compared to ENS, but I enjoyed the nuances of the scent when compared to EN. Surprisingly I prefer the original.

Versatility: ENS > EN > Extreme (ENS is perfect for daytime, EN is darker but can be interchanged with ENS, Extreme is perfect when you're well dressed)
Projection, sillage, longetivity: feels the same to me for all three.

Conclusion: It's a perfect scent for me. Fresh, dark and dry at the same time. I'll definitely get a bottle to complete the whole set.
Unsuess
Somewhere between extra dry and dust dry
Always interesting how different but the scent perception is: For me, this is pretty much the driest fragrance I know. This fragrance is for me somewhere between extra dry and dusty dry. It almost makes me thirsty. If I put it on right after a shower, I don't have to dry myself off. If I smell it too long, then I need nasal spray afterwards, because my nasal mucosa is dried out.
So drier is hard for me to imagine, and it will always remain a mystery to me how you can smell damp, musty earth or the like here.

Encre Noire
Dear Nathalie Lorson
It's gloomy it's dark, it's raining and this vetiver monster has got me feel all so good.. Every man needs this n their collection. Enough said!!!!

Thank you for this wonderful, dark and mysterious fragrance

Peformance 9/10
Projection 9/10
Longevity 9/10
Am I immature?
Well... what can I say... i've always been half shiny, someone who made sure to smell good.... not to put too fine a point on it... but when you have that reputation, you don't get rid of it easily. Now at 35 I have to say I am now making smelling good a hobby. This is my first comment and I'll probably get ripped for it but if I can't give my opinion on various scents here, where can I? (my wife is not interested in it *sadface*)

Well, like any beginner... one makes beginner's mistakes... and pays quasi Lehrgeld. It all sounds a bit too crass at first.... and for God's sake, it wasn't a huge loss... but I have me, like everyone who starts with this hobby, the mistake afforded something blind to buy because Parfumo (the No. 1 perfume community in German-speaking countries) has something "too good" rated.

If I want to describe it with feelings mhh.... So if 1Million smells like one of the good swashbuckling party nights of my youth, Encre Noir smells like pure sadness.... but so where you still think to yourself "hey it gets better" ... but now I'm sad for now.

With very high expectations I ordered it so...the anticipation of fragrance mail was huge ... 100 ML at under 40 euros ... 8.2 average rating ... SNAP... what can go wrong?

Unpacked, sprayed on it.... BÄÄÄM ... old falter is that penetrating... smells somehow strange metal-like... old... earthy... Made me want to take a shower, change my clothes.... This scent... so blatantly penetrating... but admittedly also kind of interesting.... For me, it was first clear... if Vetiver smells so then I never buy another perfume with Vetiver...

But I thought to myself so: Hey they all say, wait first until the top note has settled and let it a little time to work (as a beginner you still think: "how should this please get better") ... And yes, with a little patience this penetrating one subsides and it becomes more bearable... only then you can perceive the nuances and finally appreciate the fragrance...

Nevertheless: 8.2/10 is too high taken... maybe my nose is not yet trained for it... or my taste is just different... or as the title says, I am perhaps still too immature fragrance? At this point, I would give it a 6.5-7 /10 (which is not bad by any means). I won't sell it, will wear it from time to time... maybe I'll learn to love Encre Noir yet. But it will stay a little further back in the closet for now. Maybe for the days where I'm melancholic on the road.
And that with the Vetiver I still give a chance.

Virginia93Virginia93 8 days ago
Melancholic perfume that I find absolutely unisex, beautiful and at a very cheap price. Got a 5ml decant, would consider the full bottle buy
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 9 days ago
In my brain it evokes memories of a coffin or the graveyard. Just very dark and earthy. definetly not for me
JnsnJnsn 15 days ago
just almost right. must discover something 'bright' to layer it under... i no longer get the 'face down in grassy mud' vibe
BehzadhzBehzadhz 18 days ago
HATE AND LOVE frag that somone says smells like heaven another says smells like death and hell
PedroCabralPedroCabral 22 days ago
It smells like death (in a good way), but at the same time, whoever uses it, becomes immortal. The touch of vetiver and ink is fantastic!
Finerthings8Finerthings8 3 months ago
If you don’t mind synthetic iso-e,it is one of nicest and cheapest vetiver scent around.Ofcourse sycamore is better but this will do the job
BertolucciKBertolucciK 4 months ago
Very spicy and green (cypress) opening. The drydown is an earthy/woody vetiver, dark, spicy, smoky and slightly boozy. Great fragrance.
NgarciaNgarcia 6 months ago
Someone that is expecting the well known amazing niche quality, with dark vibe and ink smell, should search in other place, but it's nice.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 7 months ago
Initially bright spicy-green, this rather dark and slightly boozy dry earthy-woody Mid season fragrance settles to a warm dusty woody base.
GreMuserGreMuser 7 months ago
Vetiver masterpiece. Dark, dirty, and somehow gothic. Not for everyone, more masculine but a strong woman could easily wear it.

by Elysium
by Scottie
by JulieFä91
by JulieFä91
by Profumosam
Humushügel - Grashalmsaft - Schlamm - Sumpf # farbreduziert # nebelfeucht # Kühlherbe Vetiverbrise trifft Tintentümpelwasserspiegel
by Seejungfrau
by Keppy
by Scuba
by Scuba

Popular Lalique

Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique Encre Noire Sport by Lalique Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Perles de Lalique by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Noir Premier - Fleur Universelle 1900 by Lalique Amethyst by Lalique Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Terres Aromatiques 1905 by Lalique Noir Premier - Illusion Captive 1898 by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique Les Compositions Parfumées - Zamak by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Encre Noire pour Elle by Lalique