Encre Noire 2006Eau de Toilette

Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique
Bottle Design Lalique
Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Lalique for men and was released in 2006. The scent is woody-earthy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Black Orchid (Eau de Parfum)

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesVetiveryl acetate, Cypress
Heart Notes Heart NotesBourbon vetiver, Haitian vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesCashmere wood, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 26.11.2020.

Bad brother of Terre d'Hermes
What made me buy the scent.

Coincidence.
A pure blind buy.

I just filled my shopping cart at the big N and got the ad for this fragrance presented. Tight 20s. Since you can hardly do anything wrong at that price, I briefly checked the reviews here and practiced G stands for gönnen.

A few days later my parcel arrived and I was curious. Unpacked, sprayed on You know the one Sprayed it simultaneously onto a test strip and left it there.

In the further process I sniffed several times at me and the strip.

Also at the risk of being beaten, for me it is almost identical to TdH.
EC begins darker from the beginning and you know where the journey is going. The vetiver is very present and over the wearing period is the main accord of the fragrance. TdH begins more citric and a little brighter. The vetiver appears more friendly and not so overpresent. But apart from that, these fragrances are twins for MY nose. Both I find strenuous to wear, although they are fragrances. But that is probably because I am not a fan of dry fragrances, which does not diminish the quality of the fragrance.

My biggest problem is the carrying. The fragrance is actually suitable for dark days or dark occasions. Possibly on office days where you call out to your colleagues "I'm not in a good mood"

I'll keep it, but it'll last a long time. . .
Caligari
It's not the victory yuletide mouth's fault..
Because of exactly this "stupid" scent I am here and as a result of it, after almost four years, I am poorer by a considerable amount of money. It could have gone on like this. But no, they absolutely had to take my favorite fragrance of that time out of the program.

To find an alternative, I tried a search engine on the Internet and it led me to exactly this Parfumo.de page of "Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette)", because it would be so similar to the deceased
In fact, however, I was so distracted by the abundance of information and offers that the black ink degraded to triviality. But the ink did not disappear from my radar and fortunately a small sample was washed ashore at my place quite early. And...

He was only marginally involved with the replacement he was looking for, but...!!! For that price? Roundabout 20 € for 100 ml? Even 150 ml of shower gel (which I can't recommend by the way) cost more!
I'm really a big Vetiver fan and I've already tried a lot of things. It can't be smoky enough for me. So this vetiver is not the pinnacle of creation. It can't be. Because if it was even more drastic, it would never have been such a success.

In the meantime I have already tested some budget fragrances that I know from my young years in their new edition and I was regularly startled. They are not harmonious, have no depth and seem unspecific.

Not like this. "Encre Noire (eau de toilette)" is very stable. It has quality and performs well. And it can compete with good vetiver scents that are maybe five times more expensive. It's not sweet, but robust and therefore a pleasant surprise on the grab tables of online perfumeries.

Although it is qualitatively outperformed by other vetivers in my collection, I cannot give it away. I just can't. It wouldn't be fair to him. Should I sell it for 10 € + postage? There are more emotions attached to it than to some other fragrances in my collection, which cost 10 times as much
Encre Noir, you hold up a mirror to a lot of people. You're an indicator and you make people think. Thanks, Encre Noir

Unexpected performance
I noticed recently quite a bit reviews on YouTube about Lalique's creations and decided to give it a try. It was true discovery for me. It is translated as "Black ink", but I don't see anything dramatic or black as ink in it besides black square bottle. I love vetiver and for me it opens up with interesting smoky after notes with hints of osmanthus that is not even listed in the pyramid. Beautiful fragrance. I can compare this aroma to my association with lapsang souchong smoky tea by the camp fire. I love when my husband wears this cologne. It was best blind purchase I ever made. Affordable, true to its performance, lasting power and charming.
***** Spring reading* Encre Noir Eau de Toilette
It's cool and gloomy today. A still undecided October morning that, when the haze turns into high fog, can also unfold into one of those bright late autumn days.
Most of the bushes and trees have already got rid of their copper and amber color and the shabby foliage covers the meadow with a brown-spread patchwork carpet.
From the window of my (witch) kitchen in the deep priory I have a wonderful view from the mole's perspective into our garden.
I wear Encre Noir and watch the smart black (Corvus corone) and black and white (Pica pica) hiding and eating a ration of peanuts. Too few years ago I decided to treat these birds not as mere nest robbers and troublemakers, but as the other songbirds in our garden.
They are no longer driven away, can help themselves to the feedlots and feast on plums and apples. There are nuts for them, surplus (or even extra) boiled eggs and occasionally a chicken collar and tails.
My way of looking at things has changed and I have discovered beautiful, fascinating creatures. "Now she is talking about her birds again, well, if she isn't a tit" some people will think, not without reason.
I wear Encre Noir The fragrances are monothematic.
Cypress, vetiver, cashmere.
Smoky, dark, black.
The plumage of a raven crow is monochrome.
Without recognizable drawing, even by the more inclined observer at best titled as bourgeois tailcoat.
Dull, dark, black.
If you give the seemingly dark fellows just a little bit more than casual attention this can be very enlightening.
An unexpected ray of sunshine makes the feathers, which were just dull, with accents in deep violet and shiny green-gold, change into the blue of Damascus steel.
Black painting in the most iridescent colours.

I wear Encre Noir It is illuminating into which spectra vetiver is refracted Bergamot flares up, herbaceous-green, still dewy lemon monarde.
Shimmering smoke of lignified sage stalks, carelessly thrown onto the blazing garden fire.
The resinoid stickiness of a juniper berry freshly ground between the fingers and the soft seasoning of well-dried larch wood. The tobacco aroma that was attached to my grandfather's handkerchief. A highlight of bitter cocoa perceived in some patchouli.
The coolness of long shadows on a sunny late autumn day.
A shimmer of graphite when sharpening a good pencil and the brittle vanillin of a decade-old book.
This perfume scatters all these refractions and spreads out before me like iridescent black wings.
The eau de toilette was tested on my skin, my long-suffering favourite sweater, and stylistically on a crow's feather (a moulting feather from a free-living bird, of course). On my skin, the fragrance developed most quickly and short-lived, with the smoky tones being the main ones. On fabric the durability was much better and the earthy, patchouli-like components dominated. On the feather, the citrus and resin reflexes were brilliant, and the overall progression was more moderate and persistent. No hooked course of development, more
the even up and down of large wings. I find it fascinating how dazzling it looks despite its dark base. Encre Noir is a fragrance which, just like crows, polarises. The beauty lies, as always, in the eye (or nose) of the beholder.
To the sex assignment: Also raven ladies carry black!
* a book by Johanna Romberg
borrowed from Helmut Peters
* here speaks probably the chimera of Cashmeran to me
* comment without meaningful, to a test or purchase decision leading, fragrance description

CigiScent
A lot of vetiver for a small price.
What is there to add? Vetiver? Yes and lot's of it?
A LOT of quality for a small price? Absolutely!

You get a lot of earthy vetiver, but not too dirty. Performance is quite good, I would not want more from a fragrance like this.

A lot of people say it is niche for a small price. I think that's a bit of a stretch, but it is crazy good for the price. If you like earthy vetiver, get this.

I have tried Chanel Sycomore, and I would never spend that kind of money if you can get this. And I don't say this often about niche/designer smell alikes.

Razvanyke
Is it Lalique, is it Chanel, is it Sycomore? I am confused ..
I am a big fan of the les Exclusifs from Chanel and Coromandel is one of my top perfumes. Yesterday I got a sample of Sycomore and sprayed it on the wrist and jacket which projected like mad until today at noon.

All the time I had the impression that I know this scent from somewhere, but just could not understand from where. Then surprise, my Encre Noir sample saved the day.

For my nose, they are 1 to 1 .. maybe the Chanel is using higher quality raw materials but the end effect and drydown with that lovely vetiver is the same. There is a slight inky accord, which does not disturb me.

Given that Sycomore costs 320€ for 200 ml and Encre Noir is below 30€ for 100ml, this is beyond a steal .. not sure how could Nathalie Lorson create such a masterpiece so that Lalique to advertise it for such a low price.

I guess Firmenich and the talented Nathalie are really thinking about the end customers, Bentley for Men Intense (Lalique group) is also one great offer from them.

My ratings to the Encre Noir:
Scent 10
H / S 10
Bottle 10

The island of the dead from 1880
Whoever knows the painting of Arnold Böcklin knows what I write about...
Dark they stand there, the cypresses on the Isle of the Dead. Surrounded by rocks and walls. The damp black earth under the sky covered with dark clouds. Silently surrounded by water lies the Isle of the Dead. The ferryman and his oarsman bring a wooden coffin to the island.
This painting is what I see when I smell Encre Noire. Woody, earthy and very dark but still attractive in its own way
Schallhoerer
About the inability to see the hand in front of one's own eyes
Encre Noir starts in complete darkness. This is not a cliché, because the fragrance is generally classified as dark, woody, but a fact. The opening of Encre Noir feels like standing in a dark cave, feeling only a breeze and thus being able to guess the entrance or exit. But the exit is neither marked by light nor by brightness. At least not yet. One cannot see the hand in front of one's eyes and is limited to the other senses.

The opening of Encre Noir is atmospheric, heavy and at times a bit scary. This feeling vanishes after a few minutes and is accompanied by relief. This strong darkness has eased a bit and a hint of warmth spreads through the fragrance and stays with you until the end. One feels surrounded by this darkness and therefore safe
Encre Noir is a man's scent. This is also shown by the user distribution here on Parfumo. Of 2083 owners (as of 23.09.2020 at 08:30) 91.6% are in male possession. I can't imagine this scent on a woman under any circumstances. Encre Noir smells too masculine for that. It's too tart and too rustic.

The price-performance ratio is almost unbeaten in the discounted state. You get almost "niche quality" at a discount price. But you have to know what you are getting into. Without a preference for woody, spicy scents, you could risk a bad buy here. Buyers of Le Male or Eros prefer to give it a wide berth and treat themselves to a bag of marshmallow or cotton candy.
Flame99
Hyped because he's so different, not because he smells good
The headline summarizes the fragrance in one sentence: If you start to deal with fragrances in private you will sooner or later come across the so-called "Cheapies" - and these are not only supposed to be cheap fragrances...if you want cheap, you go to the nearest drugstore and buy something from Adidas or Bruno Banani...but what you get for a questionable quality and durability is another matter.The "Cheapies" are supposed to be fragrances that are quite cheap, and with a very good P/L ratio, so some people claim that you get more quality than you actually pay for the fragrances, which is an illusion because they are less overpriced compared to the others.Starting with the bottle, which I like very much, and which embodies the fragrance very well, to the unique scent character, and that's it, because the scent itself is neither attractive/satisfying/inviting nor versatile. cashmere wood gives it a nice soft, nutty character, but the vetiver used here in combination with the cypress has a slightly repulsive, medicinal touch.It is only penetrating when you smell the fragrance from 5cm away, but that's not so bad, because in the air the medicinal component is more difficult to smell, or even impossible if you don't have a close look at the fragrance.
Hello, I'm Encre Noire
"You want to know who I am?"
"That's not so easy to answer..."

"I'm dark, I'm dominant, I have a strong charisma and I'm definitely something special."

"Some people even claim that I am the dark cemetery scent, I am the scent of the gravedigger, even the scent of the Grim Reaper.
Well ..., I admit, I am a little macabre, because I do not tolerate many other scents Anyone who comes near me has a hard time. But I have nothing to do with death Neither the Grim Reaper nor a gravedigger known to me can be found in my WhasApp contacts - honestly!"

"I have harmonic qualities as well as restless instruments on board So I heard that this "Intenso" claims the following about me: "

"I can smell the scent of a walk in the woods, after a heavy rain, with lots of leaves on the ground. Just very earthy, like wet leaves, very harmonious."

"Again he claims I can smell like a barn fire that's been put out Still a little warm, but no flames anymore, but very smoky and angular.
Well, I have already thought something about choosing my beautiful hat in dark wood look.
My dress in deep black, so that not everyone can see behind the facade immediately."

"If you choose me, you will get an authentic partner with charisma, some facets and endurance. My best friend is Vetiver, you should like him, because without him I won't go along!"

Encre Noire

NgarciaNgarcia 15 days ago
Someone that is expecting the well known amazing niche quality, with dark vibe and ink smell, should search in other place, but it's nice.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 month ago
Initially bright spicy-green, this rather dark and slightly boozy dry earthy-woody Mid season fragrance settles to a warm dusty woody base.
GreMuserGreMuser 1 month ago
Vetiver masterpiece. Dark, dirty, and somehow gothic. Not for everyone, more masculine but a strong woman could easily wear it.
EsojoEsojo 2 months ago
I like Encre Noire, but it's far from being a great vetiver. I'm not sure if it's olfactory fatigue, but longevity on me is quite poor,
TorkeTorke 3 months ago
It smells just like black ink, like the name suggests. A very good vetiver scent. For the price, not many come closer.
Similar to Sycamore
HugoderricaHugoderrica 3 months ago
Mysterious, classy and manly. It's the dark side of Terre D'Hermés. Astonishing fragrance for a low price. MUST BUY!
AithanAithan 3 months ago
A dark, mysterious scent. Definitely not a crowd pleaser.
Also bring ink, wood & burning tires into my mind.
Not my taste.
DPArtistDPArtist 7 months ago
Stern & thought-provoking. A linear scent which seems simple yet conjures so much, an inky engraving studio, an upturned log, a grey sky...
TaberneroTabernero 7 months ago
One of the best perfumes value for money. A melancholic fragrance. Remember a rainy day lost in a lush forest. Vetiver, wet land, rain.
OmardoOmardo 9 months ago
Beautiful
it's strong but also smooth, wife liked it
Similar to chanel sycomore, which is sweeter, even better, but much more expensive.

by Elysium
by Keppy
by Scuba
by Scuba

Popular Lalique

Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique Encre Noire Sport by Lalique Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Perles de Lalique by Lalique Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Noir Premier - Fleur Universelle 1900 by Lalique Amethyst by Lalique Noir Premier - Illusion Captive 1898 by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire pour Elle by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Les Compositions Parfumées - Zamak by Lalique Noir Premier - Terres Aromatiques 1905 by Lalique