Encre Noire Sport 2013

Encre Noire Sport by Lalique
Encre Noire Sport is a popular perfume by Lalique for men and was released in 2013. The scent is woody-fresh. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Classic Gold

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Bergamot, Cypress, Provençal lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesAquatic notes, Nutmeg, Bourbon vetiver, Haitian vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Cashmere wood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 25.10.2020.

The Gate
It was late, very late. The small town where he lived had almost completely come to rest. Vehicle noises here and there, hardly audible.

Slowly he walked through the gate, set off. The further he moved away from it now, the greater the silence around him became.

Autumn had long since arrived and the nights were getting cool. He closed his jacket and pulled up his collar, raised his shoulders a little. Took a deep breath. It must have rained. The air was clean, it smelled like mother earth. The scent he had put on - he always did that when he visited this place, he only did it for himself - was in perfect harmony with what was happening and what was to happen. The top note - cypress, but above all grapefruit - which always made him smile, lifted him up, gave him strength on days like these, receded more and more into the background. Vetiver began to control what was happening, dark and earthy, sucking him into this place. The aquatic note harmonized in unsurpassable perfection with the rain-soaked, woody, heavy air that surrounded him. Even if he couldn't have heard the fallen leaves rustling, he would still have felt it, with every breath he took.

Step by step by step. Moonlight. Shadows. Silence. The night calmed him down, gave him security. Security for what he wanted to do - had to do
The way - he didn't need to see it, he knew it already. He had walked it many times. Alone. He had to walk it alone.

Schematically she was recognizable, the silhouette, everything towering over everything. He stopped one last time, took a deep breath. He continued his way, step by step, until he stood right in front of her.

He had reached the instrument.

The big bass guitar stood in front of him.

Momentarily his time travel into the past began. He stood in the rehearsal room of his band, right in front of his 412 box. The tubes of his rectifier were pumping, giving everything; doing what was expected of them. He felt every single touch of the guitar directly in the pit of his stomach. And the smell was there again - a smell he had only been able to perceive in rehearsal rooms before. Overturned beer bottles, cold cigarette smoke, dust, plastic, wood. Hard to put into a few words, but every rock musician - scent friend or not - was able to describe it all of a sudden. The bass player, his buddy, his friend, stood diagonally in front of him, as he always did. Tall, calm, eyes closed, completely at one with the music.

He smiled - how long had it been?

Over eight years. My God, how quickly time had passed
EIGHT. YEARS.

More than eight years ago, he was ripped out of life by a terrible car accident. Single-car accident. Game drive.

His family had had a very special gravestone made for him, one that did justice to him. An oversized bass guitar, bigger than all the other gravestones around it.

He could no longer recognize them for a long time. Tears smeared his eyes. He had crouched down and heard himself sobbing. But it was the only way to bear it, the only way to live his grief. He could be sure that he was alone with her as long as he wanted it, needed it
Time went by, he didn't know how much. It was completely indifferent to him - like many other things when he was in that place. Absolutely indifferent. Only the moment counted
Finally the tears dried up. The breath calmed down. He slowly straightened up, stood still, took a deep breath and raised his hand to say goodbye. He made his way back.
Step by step by step.

For Schulle. I miss you, my friend. Every day more.

Drarthur
Great fragrance, but I hate vetiver
Blind bought this fragrance, since the reviews are so good. When I opened it up and sprayed it on me, it was actually the first time I smelled vetiver. It is interesting, but I wasn't used to it yet, so I let it sit on me for the day.
However, during the day the smell kept bugging me and eventually my head started to hurt from it. The vetiver somehow gets "stuck" in my throat and makes me feel phisically ill.

The fragrance is really good, though. I can smell how sophisticated it is and I would love to smell more if it didn't make me feel so bad.

So, if you're a beginner or anything like myself, I strongly suggest you to first smell some fragrances with vetiver and if you do like it, go for the buy.
It's cheap and smells great. My brother is getting lots of compliments with this fragrance now :D
Encre Noir Sport
Very nice cool-fresh and spicy scent.

For me the best of the Encre Noir series If you like vetiver, you've come to the right place.
At the beginning it begins fruity and spicy on the skin, then drifts over into the woody. The fruity, however, floats lightly in the background, but constantly with.
The relationship to E.N. EdT. is great, but for me personally the sports version is more floral and noble. E.N.S is a distinctive and masculine fragrance that makes no compromises. Either you like it or you don't like it.

It is also interesting for me because it unfolds more beautifully (charmingly) than the EdT and is also more portable. You can wear it during the day and in the evening as well as in summer and winter. It is also suitable for office use. The durability is quite good (8 hours), the sillage is a bit weaker, but stays close to the skin all the time, which is not bad.
The fragrance is a gentleman who goes through life with confidence and pursues his goals.
Pirate
Completely different than expected!
Hello,

i wanted to complete the Encre Noire range and bought the sport. I expected a slightly watered-down version of the original, but far from it!
Dominant in this fragrance is for my perception the grapefruit, but the bitter variant from the peel, the fragrance when you peel the fruit. Then there is lavender and then the rest of the original. I spent a few days thinking about what it all reminds me of and at some point I had an enlightenment, Issey Myake scent, but no idea which one exactly. EN Sport is fantastic and easily perceptible over 12 hours. The grapefruit accompanies everything throughout and lavender as well, fantastically done, is a real delight
Libre
Morbid charm and love at second sight!
I never thought I'd like it either. Especially because it started quite differently with the two of us...

Only a year ago I found the scent horrible and did not understand when and why you want to wear such a scent. My evaluation and statement was accordingly. I have now adjusted the rating and replaced the statement with this comment.

It is really amazing again and again how the perception of scent and also the scent preferences change over time. Is it due to the large number of scents tested or to the maturation process of the scent receptors? I don't know, but I know that at one time I found vetiver, like neroli, anything but good.

In the end it was the fresh Tom Ford Grey Vetiver EdT (not EdP) that sparked my curiosity about vetiver and thanks to Kitho I was able to start a journey through the world of vetiver fragrances. During this trip I also stumbled upon the Encre Noir Sport again, which I suddenly liked more and more.

Like all Encre Noir, the sport has a "morbid charm", but at the same time it has a very nice freshness that makes it wearable for me, not only on bad weather days. For me the fragrance radiates masculine strength and self-confidence. But maybe it takes a certain self-confidence to wear this scent, because he is not necessarily a "Complementgetter" ;-)

I like to wear the scent in the office, especially when I am dressed in the dark. I could not imagine myself in warm temperatures, but especially in autumn/winter and on the cooler spring days one is best "dressed" with it.

It also easily lasts a working day and is well noticeable for the first few hours.
Here you really get a lot of performance for a very fair price.

This fragrance has shown me that from now on I will not only give bottlings several chances, but will also test them again and again over a longer period of time. Because sometimes good things take time ;-)

Dreamrunner
Encre Noire Sport - A fragrance to give yourself a treat on a gloomy day :-)
Ajlen has already described the Encre Noire Sport very well. My sentiments exactly! Find also very little sport, but also no dark winter scent. For me a fragrance that somehow lasts all year round. The Sillage is not very strong, so it is more of a fragrance to give oneself a treat with some freshness and some green on a cloudy day.
I can also agree with Aijlen on the bottle: beautiful and valuable, yes. But the format is not practical in handling! But Lalique is not alone in this. Flacons that look nice but are absolutely impractical in handling I have some in my collection
The Bad Weather Vetiver
It's been a while since I was looking for suggestions in the forum for a suitable scent based on vetiver. Many great tips came together and I tried most of them. In the end I came to the conclusion that there can't be just one. This grass is too versatile and complex. And too varied is what the perfumers have made of it. In the end, it became this one for the cooler months and Elie Saab's Essence No. 6, which I will also comment on in due course, for spring and summer.

Encre Noire Sport is very Encre Noire and little sport - actually not really a sport at all. He is a very green variety, which is why the name Encre Verte would have suited him much better. Grapefruit significantly refreshes the dark DNA and cypress adds an extra cool note that makes me think of foggy-cold mornings in November. In general, the fragrance appears much brighter and friendlier than the original at the beginning, but for me it remains just as creaky and undercooled in my heart and therefore not much more accessible.

The tart and woody aspects of the vetiver are particularly emphasized by this composition. For me this works excellently, but rather in autumn and winter and there especially as a contrast to the prevailing spicy to gourmand scents. Especially if you like to wear perfumes in alternation like I do, Encre Noire Sport is a great change in the cold season. Just the perfect bad-weather activator.

It may also be due to this regular change, but for me Encre Noire Sport has enough power. Applied in the morning, I can still perceive it well in the evening. However, it only radiates more powerfully at the beginning and subsequently remains rather close to the body. The bottle is typical Lalique: beautiful and of high quality. Unfortunately, the format is not practical in handling.

Thanks again to the community for their help in the search, which led to this excellent, though rather gloomy winter vetiver

The Most versatile most wearable of the Encre Noire family
Its currently averaging between 45 degrees Celsius around here, I’m in Dubai and its August, with humidity levels that are just insane, I'm talking above 60% in a good day; and of all the summer fragrances that I have, and I do have quite a few, this one shins. I’m not really sure what makes this cut through the thick humidity and scorching desert heat, but I does.

This is a classy, versatile, budget friendly and almost niche like scent composed by none other than Nathalie Lorson and it has indeed, caught me be surprise.

A reviewer on Fragrantica by the name mare_crisium said it best ‘It won't shout, but it'll whisper confidently for hours in the sultry heat of the summer*.’ I would only add “and in extreme humidity conditions.
Davide
Fall-proof racing down into the depths
"He thought to himself, "Breathe again," as he took a deep breath and in the midst of a cool breeze that stroked through the forest tops and heard his own breathing in the midst of the chirping of the small birds and crickets, blurred to the sound: "Mhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. A last look was taken at the deep valley lying fallow in front of them with the rolled down pine trunks, which seemed to have smashed together to a kind of bird's nest from this height. It stood 1,277 m above the water level, to which the mountain stream twirling like a sewing thread at the bottom seemed hesitant to adorn itself. Sport!

The two gloves tightly grasped the handlebars of his full suspension mountain bike as if welded on. Suddenly, every detail of the so far so grandly safe technology seemed to him to be of utmost importance. Everything mattered long ago. Can the hot chain withstand the stresses of spontaneous jumps over branches and trunks lying around? Is there still enough air in the front suspension? Does the ergomically free-swinging saddle dampen the vibrations of a hard impact after a necessary evasion from the path at the return? Was the decision in favour of the unplatable tyre on the rear wheel the right one, or does it lack the important flexibility on stones? Does the inflated front tyre withstand a pointed gravel stone or a sudden torrent crossing? What if there's a bug in the eye? And should the bike really be faster than the body, can the click pedals be released? ...

Many summers already he drove over clearings illuminated by the sun like a magnifying glass, which radiate a noble and sublime permanence hot steaming from the moss soil and yet are so different. Every time the microbe and mushroom cultures ate old tribes again and made room for new life. He had long since abandoned the crazy idea of trying out the superiority of culture over nature in this abandoned environment. His grapefruit deodorant in the midst of a cool freshness of ferns and wet, cold fir cones seemed to him like the epitome of the arrogance of human culture. And the realization that this impression testified to a deeply felt romanticism did not make the descent any less difficult. He caught himself dodging the rabid decision to take this trail with stick and stone, as it comes, by delaying it in thought. The valley seemed to spread deeper and deeper before him, and the more his eyes got used to the darkness, the clearer the proportions on the ground became for him.

The peak of human pride in his head was precisely the question of whether it is not much more arrogant and dishonest to design a perfume (the symbol of human triumphs over animals developed out of olfactory camouflage) in such a way that it appears "natural" without revealing its synthetics, or whether it is more honest to say "yes" to the applied sophistication of grapefruit synthetics and let both smells wrestle with each other. Never mind! The only wrestling was that of the rings of the tires now gradually turning and flashing in the sun, they set themselves under steaming mud in motion. "One thing is for sure..." he thought, "the faster I get on the descent, the straighter I drive and the less I get into a roll and endanger my posture". Since then there has been only one thought in his head: "Off to the depths!" A smile ran through his face, that of a madman and that was the last thing you saw of him, before he, totally intoxicated with adrenalin and dopamine, arrived on the ground in his beloved cider tavern to order a Schöfferhofer grapefruit and call his girlfriend that everything was going well and he'll be back soon.
Green
For me it's fresh, smoky, feels like an expensive juice and lasts the whole day with mediocre sillage on me. It's a year-round scent. I also think this is a cheap alternative to Grey Vetiver

Amazon1975Amazon1975 27 days ago
A lighter encre noire with a grapefruit opening. Love all encres and this is worthy of the love...wish it lasted longer
EsojoEsojo 34 days ago
4.5
It's a bit more welcoming than the OG, I'll give it that. Basically a diluted Encre Noire with citrus. Nothing special.
KimJongKimJong 135 days ago
It's just fantastic. I don't know why they named it Sport, but I know that every vetiver fans will love it.
MihaiuMihaiu 9 months ago
very nice but weaker than the original & different enough; it is elegant too, but clean, musky. not a real sporty frag.
Champion92Champion92 22 months ago
The more I wear this, the more I love it. It's a great scent, definitely a must have.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Great sporty flanker for Encre Noir. It transmits a strong original vibe with enough freshiness for a summer fragrance. Lorson at her best.

by Pistazieneis
by Karlux37
by RiverRun83
by RiverRun83

Popular Lalique

Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Perles de Lalique by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Noir Premier - Fleur Universelle 1900 by Lalique Amethyst by Lalique Noir Premier - Illusion Captive 1898 by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire pour Elle by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Terres Aromatiques 1905 by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique