Encre Noire Sport (2013)

Encre Noire Sport by Lalique

Encre Noire Sport is a popular perfume by Lalique for men and was released in 2013. The scent is woody-fresh. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance.

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Bergamot, Cypress, Provençal lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesAquatic notes, Nutmeg, Bourbon vetiver, Haitian vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Cashmere wood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 30.05.2020.

Pirate
Completely different than expected!
Hello,

i wanted to complete the Encre Noire range and bought the sport. I expected a slightly watered-down version of the original, but far from it!
Dominant in this fragrance is for my perception the grapefruit, but the bitter variant from the peel, the fragrance when you peel the fruit. Then there is lavender and then the rest of the original. I spent a few days thinking about what it all reminds me of and at some point I had an enlightenment, Issey Myake scent, but no idea which one exactly. EN Sport is fantastic and easily perceptible over 12 hours. The grapefruit accompanies everything throughout and lavender as well, fantastically done, is a real delight
Libre
Morbid charm and love at second sight!
I never thought I'd like it either. Especially because it started quite differently with the two of us...

Only a year ago I found the scent horrible and did not understand when and why you want to wear such a scent. My evaluation and statement was accordingly. I have now adjusted the rating and replaced the statement with this comment.

It is really amazing again and again how the perception of scent and also the scent preferences change over time. Is it due to the large number of scents tested or to the maturation process of the scent receptors? I don't know, but I know that at one time I found vetiver, like neroli, anything but good.

In the end it was the fresh Tom Ford Grey Vetiver EdT (not EdP) that sparked my curiosity about vetiver and thanks to Kitho I was able to start a journey through the world of vetiver fragrances. During this trip I also stumbled upon the Encre Noir Sport again, which I suddenly liked more and more.

Like all Encre Noir, the sport has a "morbid charm", but at the same time it has a very nice freshness that makes it wearable for me, not only on bad weather days. For me the fragrance radiates masculine strength and self-confidence. But maybe it takes a certain self-confidence to wear this scent, because he is not necessarily a "Complementgetter" ;-)

I like to wear the scent in the office, especially when I am dressed in the dark. I could not imagine myself in warm temperatures, but especially in autumn/winter and on the cooler spring days one is best "dressed" with it.

It also easily lasts a working day and is well noticeable for the first few hours.
Here you really get a lot of performance for a very fair price.

This fragrance has shown me that from now on I will not only give bottlings several chances, but will also test them again and again over a longer period of time. Because sometimes good things take time ;-)

Dreamrunner
Encre Noire Sport - A fragrance to give yourself a treat on a gloomy day :-)
Ajlen has already described the Encre Noire Sport very well. My sentiments exactly! Find also very little sport, but also no dark winter scent. For me a fragrance that somehow lasts all year round. The Sillage is not very strong, so it is more of a fragrance to give oneself a treat with some freshness and some green on a cloudy day.
I can also agree with Aijlen on the bottle: beautiful and valuable, yes. But the format is not practical in handling! But Lalique is not alone in this. Flacons that look nice but are absolutely impractical in handling I have some in my collection
The Bad Weather Vetiver
It's been a while since I was looking for suggestions in the forum for a suitable scent based on vetiver. Many great tips came together and I tried most of them. In the end I came to the conclusion that there can't be just one. This grass is too versatile and complex. And too varied is what the perfumers have made of it. In the end, it became this one for the cooler months and Elie Saab's Essence No. 6, which I will also comment on in due course, for spring and summer.

Encre Noire Sport is very Encre Noire and little sport - actually not really a sport at all. He is a very green variety, which is why the name Encre Verte would have suited him much better. Grapefruit significantly refreshes the dark DNA and cypress adds an extra cool note that makes me think of foggy-cold mornings in November. In general, the fragrance appears much brighter and friendlier than the original at the beginning, but for me it remains just as creaky and undercooled in my heart and therefore not much more accessible.

The tart and woody aspects of the vetiver are particularly emphasized by this composition. For me this works excellently, but rather in autumn and winter and there especially as a contrast to the prevailing spicy to gourmand scents. Especially if you like to wear perfumes in alternation like I do, Encre Noire Sport is a great change in the cold season. Just the perfect bad-weather activator.

It may also be due to this regular change, but for me Encre Noire Sport has enough power. Applied in the morning, I can still perceive it well in the evening. However, it only radiates more powerfully at the beginning and subsequently remains rather close to the body. The bottle is typical Lalique: beautiful and of high quality. Unfortunately, the format is not practical in handling.

Thanks again to the community for their help in the search, which led to this excellent, though rather gloomy winter vetiver

The Most versatile most wearable of the Encre Noire family
Its currently averaging between 45 degrees Celsius around here, I’m in Dubai and its August, with humidity levels that are just insane, I'm talking above 60% in a good day; and of all the summer fragrances that I have, and I do have quite a few, this one shins. I’m not really sure what makes this cut through the thick humidity and scorching desert heat, but I does.

This is a classy, versatile, budget friendly and almost niche like scent composed by none other than Nathalie Lorson and it has indeed, caught me be surprise.

A reviewer on Fragrantica by the name mare_crisium said it best ‘It won't shout, but it'll whisper confidently for hours in the sultry heat of the summer*.’ I would only add “and in extreme humidity conditions.
Davide
Fall-proof racing down into the depths
"He thought to himself, "Breathe again," as he took a deep breath and in the midst of a cool breeze that stroked through the forest tops and heard his own breathing in the midst of the chirping of the small birds and crickets, blurred to the sound: "Mhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. A last look was taken at the deep valley lying fallow in front of them with the rolled down pine trunks, which seemed to have smashed together to a kind of bird's nest from this height. It stood 1,277 m above the water level, to which the mountain stream twirling like a sewing thread at the bottom seemed hesitant to adorn itself. Sport!

The two gloves tightly grasped the handlebars of his full suspension mountain bike as if welded on. Suddenly, every detail of the so far so grandly safe technology seemed to him to be of utmost importance. Everything mattered long ago. Can the hot chain withstand the stresses of spontaneous jumps over branches and trunks lying around? Is there still enough air in the front suspension? Does the ergomically free-swinging saddle dampen the vibrations of a hard impact after a necessary evasion from the path at the return? Was the decision in favour of the unplatable tyre on the rear wheel the right one, or does it lack the important flexibility on stones? Does the inflated front tyre withstand a pointed gravel stone or a sudden torrent crossing? What if there's a bug in the eye? And should the bike really be faster than the body, can the click pedals be released? ...

Many summers already he drove over clearings illuminated by the sun like a magnifying glass, which radiate a noble and sublime permanence hot steaming from the moss soil and yet are so different. Every time the microbe and mushroom cultures ate old tribes again and made room for new life. He had long since abandoned the crazy idea of trying out the superiority of culture over nature in this abandoned environment. His grapefruit deodorant in the midst of a cool freshness of ferns and wet, cold fir cones seemed to him like the epitome of the arrogance of human culture. And the realization that this impression testified to a deeply felt romanticism did not make the descent any less difficult. He caught himself dodging the rabid decision to take this trail with stick and stone, as it comes, by delaying it in thought. The valley seemed to spread deeper and deeper before him, and the more his eyes got used to the darkness, the clearer the proportions on the ground became for him.

The peak of human pride in his head was precisely the question of whether it is not much more arrogant and dishonest to design a perfume (the symbol of human triumphs over animals developed out of olfactory camouflage) in such a way that it appears "natural" without revealing its synthetics, or whether it is more honest to say "yes" to the applied sophistication of grapefruit synthetics and let both smells wrestle with each other. Never mind! The only wrestling was that of the rings of the tires now gradually turning and flashing in the sun, they set themselves under steaming mud in motion. "One thing is for sure..." he thought, "the faster I get on the descent, the straighter I drive and the less I get into a roll and endanger my posture". Since then there has been only one thought in his head: "Off to the depths!" A smile ran through his face, that of a madman and that was the last thing you saw of him, before he, totally intoxicated with adrenalin and dopamine, arrived on the ground in his beloved cider tavern to order a Schöfferhofer grapefruit and call his girlfriend that everything was going well and he'll be back soon.
Green
For me it's fresh, smoky, feels like an expensive juice and lasts the whole day with mediocre sillage on me. It's a year-round scent. I also think this is a cheap alternative to Grey Vetiver
Not fish, not meat
Inspired by the very benevolent comments, I got myself a 10 ml. Bottling ordered.

How good that I did not let myself be carried away to a blind purchase, because this smell and I do not find to each other. I like woody scents a lot, but I don't have any warmth here. Wouldn't be a problem, but unfortunately the expected freshness is also missing. There is freshness, but not what I associate with fragrant freshness. Although I don't (yet) know Encre Noire, I think I know what some people mean by musty or gothic when they describe the original scent. Is of course pure projection, but subliminal in my nose here some of it resonates.
I can confirm what one of the prescribers called "ice-cold Sillage". Completely unapproachable this smell, radiates for me only: "don't come too close to me". There may be situations in which this is quite intentional.

I like the scent of freshly cut thuja (this is also the name of a prescriber), dear Vetiver,
and I love green scents. Only there's none of it in ENS for my nose. Forest, undergrowth ? No, rather a long abandoned and permitted swimming pool in a damp grass garden. I guess those are the aquatic notes. If I had to name a color, it'd be a gray with a hint of turquoise. Funnily enough, the liquid in the nebulizer looks the same. A frequently mentioned and in my opinion very negative attribute I can't deny myself at this point: I haven't tested any fragrance that seemed more synthetic to me I am aware that there are many lovers of this fragrance, at this point my nose is obviously knitted differently.

What I like and what speaks for the fragrance is that it is unique in my not yet very great fragrance experience. I always like that. What I can't understand is a development in the fragrance pyramid. There is hardly any development happening with me, it starts and ends very similarly. The durability is very good for my skin with 8 hours and also the Sillage seems to be big enough to me. It's very difficult or impossible to judge alone.

Maybe you'll ask me why I give the scent a six after all. He's not as bad as the words I use to describe him. I do not want to rewrite, find everything appropriate, perhaps a small idea too negatively formulated. I can also imagine that other noses appreciate the uniqueness and cope well with the scent.

One of my Favorite Buys of 2018
Please note that I haven’t smelled the original and the extreme version. I can’t compare the sport version to either of them as of yet.

This was a blind buy for me. I wanted to try Encre Noire but was a bit hesitant considering that I live in a tropical country. Encre Noire Sport was most likely the safest way to go.

The opening is citrusy. The scent is dark but fresh, earthy and woody. I’d have to agree that this smells like a damp forest. I have worn this in the high heat and found it to work well. I didn’t find it to be heavy at all. I haven’t received any compliments or complaints regarding the scent. I often wear this to work, in an office setting. I sometimes wear it as well before I go to sleep.
ZrankFappa
Smelly water brushed on a dignified ruckus. Powerfully compensated the disappointment of EN. Thank you. Thank you
Just as a sample, thank you very much, dear Kitho!

I still remembered EN, knew I was disappointed. About the restrained muted, what some describe as musty, or one could also describe it as cold, dark and moist.
And I was also disappointed about the lack of strength, about the weak SIllage that you often have to top up.
Here everything different from the bad, weak attributes, but the trademark just so: BÄÄNG.
(?) just read the sentence again, terrible, but there is no correct spelling.

Very strong mint. It really clears the nose and enters an area where perfume stops and homeopathy/pharmacy begins.
Its intensity is reminiscent of Japanese essential oils containing eucalyptus. However it 'works' here minzig.
The above hint at Fisherman's Friend is very apt.

This is the bright, rugged clearing in the coniferous forest, it breaks light through the clouds and from the last storm whole aisles of the conifers have broken down.
It's very rugged, very cold, very original The picture is -about a perfume- for me uniquely represented as by ENS.

But I find it difficult to see the details hidden underneath.

The Sillage radiates an ice-cold but natural distance, so I can imagine wearing it to work as well.

I'll complete the rest of the process later if I make it.
Whether the course is still particularly tricky, or rather remains the same?

(Further I hope that I will not smell the musk, because I personally find musk incredibly proletenhaft.)

Conclusion:
Absolutely smashing, grandiose further development, young milestone, pop art thunderstorm.
Not a subtle sculpture. It's a sniffing water brushed on a dignified riot.

Maybe an "adult degree" will never be recognized to him. But, you know, bang!

MihaiuMihaiu 115 days ago
very nice but weaker than the original & different enough; it is elegant too, but clean, musky. not a real sporty frag.
Champion92Champion92 18 months ago
The more I wear this, the more I love it. It's a great scent, definitely a must have.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Great sporty flanker for Encre Noir. It transmits a strong original vibe with enough freshiness for a summer fragrance. Lorson at her best.

by Pistazieneis
by Karlux37
by RiverRun83
by RiverRun83

Popular Lalique

Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Perles de Lalique by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Noir Premier - Fleur Universelle 1900 by Lalique Amethyst by Lalique Noir Premier - Illusion Captive 1898 by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire pour Elle by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Les Compositions Parfumées - Zamak by Lalique