Encre Noire Sport 2013

Encre Noire Sport by Lalique
Encre Noire Sport is a popular perfume by Lalique for men and was released in 2013. The scent is woody-fresh. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance. Pronunciation
Goes well with Classic Gold

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruitGrapefruit BergamotBergamot CypressCypress Provençal lavenderProvençal lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesAquatic notesAquatic notes NutmegNutmeg Bourbon vetiverBourbon vetiver Haitian vetiverHaitian vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk Cashmere woodCashmere wood

Submitted by ExUser, last update on 26.09.2022.

10 in-depth fragrance descriptions
The insider tip
Encre Noire Sport is a fragrance that I had so not on the screen and that certainly not many know. Good so! Because this fragrance should please remain unique and not be to smell on every street corner!

The fragrance is so what good. Inconspicuous herbaceous at the beginning, comes a super tart freshness with time and the fragrance develops brilliantly! Initially, only the cypress, then come marine notes and especially a huge portion of vetiver. This gives the fragrance an incredible freshness and especially masculinity. That's how a man has to smell! Such fragrances can be found nowadays unfortunately far too rare.

Sillage and durability for a fresh fragrance excellent, 6-8 hours easily! I wore it the other day in one of my classes (I am among other things Rehasport exercise instructor) and get some compliments. You wouldn't expect that from this type of fragrance, but it seems to go down very well with the ladies. Probably because he smells just really masculine and not after powdered sugar Fairy Land. Price / performance top because of the charisma and durability. You can wear this fragrance for any occasion, especially sports and office. Season also no matter, currently in the fall he comes super, but also in the summer he just works and projects even more. An absolute highlight in my collection and an insider tip (??)
Libre
Morbid charm and love at second sight!
I never thought I'd like it either. Especially because it started quite differently with the two of us...

Only a year ago I found the scent horrible and did not understand when and why you want to wear such a scent. My evaluation and statement was accordingly. I have now adjusted the rating and replaced the statement with this comment.

It is really amazing again and again how the perception of scent and also the scent preferences change over time. Is it due to the large number of scents tested or to the maturation process of the scent receptors? I don't know, but I know that at one time I found vetiver, like neroli, anything but good.

In the end it was the fresh Tom Ford Grey Vetiver EdT (not EdP) that sparked my curiosity about vetiver and thanks to Kitho I was able to start a journey through the world of vetiver fragrances. During this trip I also stumbled upon the Encre Noir Sport again, which I suddenly liked more and more.

Like all Encre Noir, the sport has a "morbid charm", but at the same time it has a very nice freshness that makes it wearable for me, not only on bad weather days. For me the fragrance radiates masculine strength and self-confidence. But maybe it takes a certain self-confidence to wear this scent, because he is not necessarily a "Complementgetter" ;-)

I like to wear the scent in the office, especially when I am dressed in the dark. I could not imagine myself in warm temperatures, but especially in autumn/winter and on the cooler spring days one is best "dressed" with it.

It also easily lasts a working day and is well noticeable for the first few hours.
Here you really get a lot of performance for a very fair price.

This fragrance has shown me that from now on I will not only give bottlings several chances, but will also test them again and again over a longer period of time. Because sometimes good things take time ;-)

The Gate
It was late, very late. The small town where he lived had almost completely come to rest. Vehicle noises here and there, hardly audible.

Slowly he walked through the gate, set off. The further he moved away from it now, the greater the silence around him became.

Autumn had long since arrived and the nights were getting cool. He closed his jacket and pulled up his collar, raised his shoulders a little. Took a deep breath. It must have rained. The air was clean, it smelled like mother earth. The scent he had put on - he always did that when he visited this place, he only did it for himself - was in perfect harmony with what was happening and what was to happen. The top note - cypress, but above all grapefruit - which always made him smile, lifted him up, gave him strength on days like these, receded more and more into the background. Vetiver began to control what was happening, dark and earthy, sucking him into this place. The aquatic note harmonized in unsurpassable perfection with the rain-soaked, woody, heavy air that surrounded him. Even if he couldn't have heard the fallen leaves rustling, he would still have felt it, with every breath he took.

Step by step by step. Moonlight. Shadows. Silence. The night calmed him down, gave him security. Security for what he wanted to do - had to do
The way - he didn't need to see it, he knew it already. He had walked it many times. Alone. He had to walk it alone.

Schematically she was recognizable, the silhouette, everything towering over everything. He stopped one last time, took a deep breath. He continued his way, step by step, until he stood right in front of her.

He had reached the instrument.

The big bass guitar stood in front of him.

Momentarily his time travel into the past began. He stood in the rehearsal room of his band, right in front of his 412 box. The tubes of his rectifier were pumping, giving everything; doing what was expected of them. He felt every single touch of the guitar directly in the pit of his stomach. And the smell was there again - a smell he had only been able to perceive in rehearsal rooms before. Overturned beer bottles, cold cigarette smoke, dust, plastic, wood. Hard to put into a few words, but every rock musician - scent friend or not - was able to describe it all of a sudden. The bass player, his buddy, his friend, stood diagonally in front of him, as he always did. Tall, calm, eyes closed, completely at one with the music.

He smiled - how long had it been?

Over eight years. My God, how quickly time had passed
EIGHT. YEARS.

More than eight years ago, he was ripped out of life by a terrible car accident. Single-car accident. Game drive.

His family had had a very special gravestone made for him, one that did justice to him. An oversized bass guitar, bigger than all the other gravestones around it.

He could no longer recognize them for a long time. Tears smeared his eyes. He had crouched down and heard himself sobbing. But it was the only way to bear it, the only way to live his grief. He could be sure that he was alone with her as long as he wanted it, needed it
Time went by, he didn't know how much. It was completely indifferent to him - like many other things when he was in that place. Absolutely indifferent. Only the moment counted
Finally the tears dried up. The breath calmed down. He slowly straightened up, stood still, took a deep breath and raised his hand to say goodbye. He made his way back.
Step by step by step.

For Schulle. I miss you, my friend. Every day more.
The Bad Weather Vetiver
It's been a while since I was looking for suggestions in the forum for a suitable scent based on vetiver. Many great tips came together and I tried most of them. In the end I came to the conclusion that there can't be just one. This grass is too versatile and complex. And too varied is what the perfumers have made of it. In the end, it became this one for the cooler months and Elie Saab's Essence No. 6, which I will also comment on in due course, for spring and summer.

Encre Noire Sport is very Encre Noire and little sport - actually not really a sport at all. He is a very green variety, which is why the name Encre Verte would have suited him much better. Grapefruit significantly refreshes the dark DNA and cypress adds an extra cool note that makes me think of foggy-cold mornings in November. In general, the fragrance appears much brighter and friendlier than the original at the beginning, but for me it remains just as creaky and undercooled in my heart and therefore not much more accessible.

The tart and woody aspects of the vetiver are particularly emphasized by this composition. For me this works excellently, but rather in autumn and winter and there especially as a contrast to the prevailing spicy to gourmand scents. Especially if you like to wear perfumes in alternation like I do, Encre Noire Sport is a great change in the cold season. Just the perfect bad-weather activator.

It may also be due to this regular change, but for me Encre Noire Sport has enough power. Applied in the morning, I can still perceive it well in the evening. However, it only radiates more powerfully at the beginning and subsequently remains rather close to the body. The bottle is typical Lalique: beautiful and of high quality. Unfortunately, the format is not practical in handling.

Thanks again to the community for their help in the search, which led to this excellent, though rather gloomy winter vetiver
Not fish, not meat
Inspired by the very benevolent comments, I got myself a 10 ml. Bottling ordered.

How good that I did not let myself be carried away to a blind purchase, because this smell and I do not find to each other. I like woody scents a lot, but I don't have any warmth here. Wouldn't be a problem, but unfortunately the expected freshness is also missing. There is freshness, but not what I associate with fragrant freshness. Although I don't (yet) know Encre Noire, I think I know what some people mean by musty or gothic when they describe the original scent. Is of course pure projection, but subliminal in my nose here some of it resonates.
I can confirm what one of the prescribers called "ice-cold Sillage". Completely unapproachable this smell, radiates for me only: "don't come too close to me". There may be situations in which this is quite intentional.

I like the scent of freshly cut thuja (this is also the name of a prescriber), dear Vetiver,
and I love green scents. Only there's none of it in ENS for my nose. Forest, undergrowth ? No, rather a long abandoned and permitted swimming pool in a damp grass garden. I guess those are the aquatic notes. If I had to name a color, it'd be a gray with a hint of turquoise. Funnily enough, the liquid in the nebulizer looks the same. A frequently mentioned and in my opinion very negative attribute I can't deny myself at this point: I haven't tested any fragrance that seemed more synthetic to me I am aware that there are many lovers of this fragrance, at this point my nose is obviously knitted differently.

What I like and what speaks for the fragrance is that it is unique in my not yet very great fragrance experience. I always like that. What I can't understand is a development in the fragrance pyramid. There is hardly any development happening with me, it starts and ends very similarly. The durability is very good for my skin with 8 hours and also the Sillage seems to be big enough to me. It's very difficult or impossible to judge alone.

Maybe you'll ask me why I give the scent a six after all. He's not as bad as the words I use to describe him. I do not want to rewrite, find everything appropriate, perhaps a small idea too negatively formulated. I can also imagine that other noses appreciate the uniqueness and cope well with the scent.
More reviews

17 short views on the fragrance
Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
Great sporty flanker for Encre Noir. It conveys the original vibe with enough freshness for a summer use. Lorson is here at her best.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Spicy citrusy opening with the greenness of the cypress. The drydown is an earthy/woody vetiver, dark, spicy, smoky and slightly boozy.
Champion92Champion92 4 years ago
The more I wear this, the more I love it. It's a great scent, definitely a must have.
Lmr4j3ireLmr4j3ire 1 year ago
Not a fan of the OG, but the grapefruit touch in this one does the trick making it way more wearable, even during warmer days.
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
It's just fantastic. I don't know why they named it Sport, but I know that every vetiver fans will love it.
More statements

Images

40 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Lalique

Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Perles de Lalique by Lalique Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Noir Premier - Fleur Universelle 1900 by Lalique Amethyst by Lalique Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Illusion Captive 1898 by Lalique Noir Premier - Terres Aromatiques 1905 by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Les Compositions Parfumées - Chypre Silver by Lalique Les Compositions Parfumées - Oriental Zinc by Lalique