Encre Noire à L'Extrême 2015

Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique
Encre Noire à L'Extrême is a popular perfume by Lalique for men and was released in 2015. The scent is woody-smoky. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance. Pronunciation

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Elemi resin, Cypress
Heart Notes Heart NotesHaitian vetiver, Iris, Java vetiver, Frankincense
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 22.11.2020.

ScentGrail
Living in older brothers shadow
Lalique Encre Noire A L’Extreme is a scent that pretends to be a stronger and denser version than its originator, yet ends up being the more wearable one.

For the price, it’s a steal if you like aromatic woody fragrances that tend to be more on the edgier side of the perfume spectrum.

Here are my 5 quick takes:

- Niche-like fragrance for an affordable price
- An Aromatic Woody perfume with great longevity
- Created by master perfumer Nathalie Lorson in 2015
- Best used in fall and winter in the office environment
- The original from 2006 is still a better creation

If you are just starting out with this line, then you have my green light to start with this extreme version to see would this dark scent suit your taste.

For others, stick with the original. Hopefully, the next version, probably named Encre Noire Parfum will learn from this missed opportunity and create a real successor.

If you are interested in my perfume work and would like to check out the full review, you can find me on my scentgrail website and social media's under the Scent Grail name. Cheers.
Massimo
Yeah, no, yeah, winter, summer, fall.
Last winter I met Encre Noire à L'Extrême in a French department store. I already knew the big brother, but I could never do so much with him.

The Extrême version, however, received a commendatory note from me and a place on the watch list, so I bought it this summer as part of a larger order for little money.

Well, at 28 degrees in the shade the test of this (half-)blind purchase went wrong and made me doubt my mind and my nose. Vetiver, vetiver, vetiver. Dark, heavy, melancholic, unsuitable.
But I decided against the souk and for being patient And it was worth it. Because in autumnal temperatures this fragrance is excellent to wear. I perceive the vetiver less now, but in my description I tend to woodsy, slightly smoky
All in all a round composition, contrary to the name without extremes. The durability is good, only in terms of sillage this dark fragrance could show much more.

So, dear Souk, I'm sorry, but EN Extrême stays with me :-)

Rej
A bit of Mystery in every sense ...
Lalique Encre Noire a L'Extreme it's a bit of an unsolved mystery to me. In the sense that it certainly smells good, but not as great as it is reviewed. On my nose it is a Perfume mainly focused on woods, wood of Cypress and Vetiver. I just don't feel the smell of incense, iris and benzoin. While his two brothers, Encre Noire and Encre Noire Sport, fully convince me, with this I remain a bit perplexed. Remains However, a good Autumn-winter perfume for a mature and elegant man. But from here on, I don't want to cry out to the miracle or the exceptional for this Lalique which has only the name of "extreme" , Being much softer and less characteristic than the original Encre Noire and also less innovative than the Sport version that accompanies Vetiver and Cypress with grapefruit juice making it not only more portable but also more fascinating, modern and captivating!

Perfect Inky Vetiver
This is a perfect intense and darker fragrance, with a fresh and woodsy resin opening. This is one of my favourite vetiver scents as the scent heads into the dry-down. Definite a great sillage on this one; only need a few sprays. Great for cold, fall and winter days. Makes me think of the holiday season sitting by a fire.

GewoonBB
Encre Noir A L'Extreme (@Nose.Knows.No.Notes)
• LALIQUE ENCRE NOIRE A L'EXTREME •

If you start your fragrance journey going by community recommendations, you will come across the Encre Noir trio sooner or later. I blind bought the A L'Extreme flanker as one of my first purchases. It's dark, heavy, gothic and a bit challenging.

Vetiver is the name of the game with this one, and it's a green, deep vetiver, working in tangent with cypress. The woods lead the way and the incense adds quite a lot of smokiness. I love vetiver, but I'd say this is at the edge of a comfortable wear for me. It's not neccesarily a dirty, super earthy vetiver, but it's green and combined with the cypress, it reminds me of tree sap from a pine tree. This is a fall and winter fragrance exclusively for me. However, not a comforting, warm fragrance, but more of a mysterious, dark, cold fragrance. Not so much as an evening by the fireplace, but more so a nightly winter walk in a pine forest. Aside from the woods and smoke, there's not too much to the scent. Some wafts I get a hint of booziness, but not overly so. I do think it's well-balanced and it's not too wild or harsh, but as a beginner, buying this at the pricepoint, you might be getting more than what you bargained for.

I only tried the original Encre Noir once, but from what I can gather, the A L'Extreme is a bit smokier and complex (although still pretty simple), whereas the original is even more bare-boned (and dare I say, more extreme). The performance on this is okay. It's really strong and pungent at first, but the longevity is average. It will cling to your clothing for ages though, so be warned. You can pick up a 100ml with great presentation, for about 25€, and for that price you're getting a scent profile far out of the range of your common designer fragrances. You can't really go wrong with it. For me, it was love at first sniff, but I soon found it challenging to find occassions on which to wear it, so the bottle will last me forever •

Please follow my IG @Nose.Knows.No.Notes for more reviews and fragrance photography.
Tenebre
Does the search have an end? No, no, no, no.
At the first spraying I thought "yes" finally a worthy alternative of my All Time Fav's Gucci - Rush Men. For years I have been looking for a worthy successor, but unfortunately this one is not. Incense, cypress, vetiver and wood in an attractive flacon. In addition a good shelf life & pleasant silage. I don't find it too dark, even if the bergamot fades into the background quite quickly, it remains pleasantly multi-layered, open and beautifully deep. I love this kind of scent because it envelops you in a mysterious aura. Only the incense is a little too tame for my taste.

In relation to Gucci Rush Men, which unfortunately no longer exists, this one is clearly behind them. Somewhere between Azzaro Vist and Comme of Garconś Wonderwood. So the search continues...

Only for cold winter
I actually rarely detect the difference between EN and EN Extreme. I usually prefer the original, because EN's projection is better. But on very cold days it is different. The temperature in Seoul today has dropped to minus 10 degrees Celsius. In this weather, Extreme's resinous notes are even more shiny. In cold weather, Extreme turns from Smokey Black to Shiny Green, with its cypress and frankincense, which was hidden in usual, overflows with stickiness. This will allow me to feel warm and abundant, even when the fierce winds strike my cheeks. Only in the coldest season, Extreme has a much richer aroma than the original.
As dark as night
The night fascinates me - but I am also afraid of the dark.

I must always sleep with a reading light, otherwise the darkness pushes me like a weight into the pillows.

I'm thinking of the creepy Horler from E.T.A. Hoffmann.
This demon also sat on the breast of the sleeping.

And I feel so depressed by the black ink, which is even more extreme.

A candle could have been added to this sinister scent.

But the fragrance "dark as in a bag" looks like my grandmother used to say when she extinguished the light at night.

In the midst of darkness I perceive the cypress and the incense - but both seem dull to scary.

The other ingredients are swallowed by the black of the night.

For me encre is out of the question anyway, because only the fearless can wear it confidently - because the scent requires courage.

But also in my circle of friends there is neither Zorro - nor the Black Knight , nor Phantomas.
Hate me or love me
I don't even feel this "extremely black ink" as dark as this scent is often portrayed. The darkness of e.g. a NdN by Tom Ford is not reached here, in my opinion, even rudimentarily. I would rather speak here of the twilight, which, just like the scent, has beautiful sides, but can also polarize strongly. I'd say there's no in-between here. Either you love Encre Noir or you hate him. I personally love this fragrance.
This starts with the bottle, which is based on the name of an old inkwell. After the last drop has been used up, it makes itself very good on the desk with ink and nib. However, this bottle in particular should be handled with caution. If he falls, the tiles are gone, or worse, the toes are broken. Nothing will happen to the heavy bottle made of thick glass in case of a fall.
But now to the fragrance itself.
It has corners and edges, but never gets too loud or intrusive.
Encre Noir ae starts with me resinous and slightly smoky. Bergamot is more likely not to be noticed. I find the top note very pleasant, with a slight sharpness and not too overloaded.
In the further course, slightly syntetischer Vetiver joins in, which enters a very interesting combination with the incense which one could almost call mystical. Anyway, I can't think of a better comparison. Later, woodsy notes and patchouli are added to the base. Here the fragrance becomes warmer, softer and loses its resin. It actually gets really cuddly.
What I particularly like is that the process is not straightforward for me. He seems to have a life of his own and sometimes puts one nuance in the foreground, sometimes the other, which gives him (and his bearers) something mysterious. He also has something erotic and can look very sexy.
Although the fragrance is quite masculine, it can also be worn by women. Anyway, I find the Encre Noir ae on my best friend extremely sexy ;-)
The Sillage is not room filling but quite sufficient (if you don't shower in it). The shelf life is with a good 8 hours in any case Top.
Finally a few words about the "darkness": This fragrance is not light or clear and clean, but also not deep black. Twilight yes, just by the life of one's own in the course.
For me this is clearly one of my favourite fragrances, which also likes to generate positive reactions from my counterparts.

Encre Noire - Lalique
I review this flanker of the popular original from Lalique. During the video I also compare with Chanel's Sycomore edt to see how it stacks up to much more expensive Chanel.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 5 days ago
A well-blended, aromatic, woodsy scent, slightly smoky and darker than the Encre Noir. You still get a dark vetiver and the inky vibe.
EsojoEsojo 2 months ago
4.5
If emitting wafts of nose-piercing Iso E Super for 15h is your thing, look no further!
Finerthings8Finerthings8 2 months ago
Thank you Lalique and Nathalia Lorson for creating such daring and affordable parfum. Yes it has synthetic feeling to it but i still like
Amazon1975Amazon1975 8 months ago
I love this....it's grew on me a lot....at first I thought it was not good....wrong....cypres vetiver. Sprayer is fantastic. Signature scent
MeetjoeblackMeetjoeblack 11 months ago
I bought this based on many positive comments by YouTubers, but yikes! Very off-putting. Using it as a freshener for the house now.
ItchynoseItchynose 1 year ago
Vetiver and resins drowned in a pool of dense black ink. Dark and pungent, one for lovers of the dirtiest kind of vetiver.
MihaiuMihaiu 2 years ago
similar to EN but incensy & richer. close to perfection. on me the original performs better
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Sting wrote MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE. He was probably writing an hymn to this woow fragrance. Magnific intense dark woods & vetiver! Recommended!

by Pistazieneis
by Pistazieneis
by Zmoneaux
by Zmoneaux
Vetiver tief verwurzelt im dunkelfeuchten Erdboden.
by AromaTikka
by Shivsri13
by Shivsri13
Goldschwarz
by Muotarek
by Muotarek
Tiefschwarz - Kohlrabenschwarz - Pechschwarz - Nachtschwarz - Schwarzwald  > Was passt nicht in die Reihe?  ;-)
by GewoonBB
by Karlux37
by NasiGoreng
by NasiGoreng

Popular Lalique

Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique Encre Noire Sport by Lalique Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Perles de Lalique by Lalique Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Noir Premier - Fleur Universelle 1900 by Lalique Amethyst by Lalique Noir Premier - Illusion Captive 1898 by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire pour Elle by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Les Compositions Parfumées - Zamak by Lalique Noir Premier - Terres Aromatiques 1905 by Lalique