Encre Noire à L'Extrême 2015

Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique
Encre Noire à L'Extrême is a popular perfume by Lalique for men and was released in 2015. The scent is woody-smoky. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Yatagan (Eau de Toilette)

Nathalie Lorson

FrankincenseFrankincense
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoinBenzoin
PatchouliPatchouli
SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 08.10.2021.

Wet dog...
... those were the disgusted words of my girlfriend when I held this masterpiece on my wrist under her nose.

Slightly amused quickly confirmed my experience I have already made with Encre Noir EdT.
This fragrance is not a pantydropper, nor is it clubking.
EN L'extreme is a fragrance made for the introverted, intellectual man who is in balance with himself and nature.

A mystical, cool aura surrounds me.
Dense wisps of mist suddenly appear before my eyes, and rain pelts down on my pale skin as if the sky were weeping.
There is a smell of moss, mushrooms and rotting leaves.
I run deeper and deeper into the endless forest, past dead tree stumps that look like grimaces.
The darkness wraps me in a dead man's robe and never lets me leave this endless forest again.

EN L'extreme, much like its little brother, is one of those polarizing fragrances that won't appeal to the masses.
It's more of an abstract work of art and something for aficionados' noses.
I admit that I do not wear L'extreme very often, as the uses seem limited to me.
But it definitely belongs as a perfume enthusiast in my collection and I take my olfactory hat off to this ingenious, different composition!

Personally, I like even L'extreme even better than the EN EdT, because it has more Bums and lasts longer.
The fragrance complexity is darker and more pronounced in the L'extreme.
Everything seems coherent and perfectly balanced.
A fragrance that is best enjoyed with himself all alone.

Embrace Your Ugly Sexy
Lalique has reinvented the masterfully raw Encre Noire Eau de Toilette with a more sensual, creamier, more amber, smokier and more velvety touch that softens the original moisture while staying true to its mysterious essence. Encre Noire À L’Extrême is a flanker of a dark and menacing vetiver cult, and I have to admit it’s quite flirtatious. Here extreme does not mean more intense, more substantial, with a heavier sillage, but more decisive on the resemblance to black ink, as its name says: Extreme Black Ink. I own all three Encre Noire fragrances. L’OG, Sport and À L’Extrême. The latter is the most varied because it has a predominantly sweet and resinous nature with the addition of notes of elemi, benzoin, patchouli, sandalwood and incense. This blend creates an almost amber accord, like its gorgeous whiskey colour. More prosperous, denser, smokier, but softer smelling than the original. Sure, the similarities are there. The ink note here is a bit weaker, while the wood notes are a bit stronger. However, this is what you want if you like this type of fragrance and the original. Not better, not worse, just a little different, but different enough. For some, Lalique Encre Noire À L'Extrême is not conventionally beautiful - or whatever kind of good looks you want to say - but it has an engaging personality, style and talent. Many therefore consider him sexually attractive. To me, it's my ugly sexy scent.

Encre Noire À L’Extrême is the palpable and striking representation of male sensuality. The fragrance has an intense and woody aroma, which combines cypress with other earthy elements and adds intensity to the scent. The soft, slightly citrusy top notes contain cypress, elemi essence and bergamot. But it opens on a much lower tone without the deep green breath of the cypress. For a moment, I have an alcoholic and leathery atmosphere. There is pale vetiver in the initial moment that is attractive and unusual, almost as if the familiar tones of the central factor are witnessed through a storm. Vetiver is calm in the storm's eye, but a turbulent veil of elemi and spices shades it as the scent caresses the skin. It is dark and dusty from the start, like an unexplored penthouse in an old abandoned mansion in ruins.

Initially, the incense is solid and does not allow the other notes to shine. Or so I thought. After a while, the incense fades, and the moist, woody vetiver artwork typical of Encre Noir emerges, but with the subdued note of incense that makes this cypress forest even darker of Encre Noir. He is slightly warmer and more understanding. The incense gives way to benzoin which provides the fragrance with a slightly sweet smell, unlike the original. Indeed, the magic lies in the sensuality and intensity of the heart, where a beautiful note of iris and incense enhances the smoky earth of Javanese vetiver and the fresher accents of Haitian vetiver with a powdery leathery edge that is almost similar to Petroleum. A smoky heart with an affirmative woody balsamic scent that is primordial, seductive, dark. Vetiver is rich and salty with dry grass and earthy facets, though I'm not getting the same vetiver found in the original. It's not a vetiver bomb like the original one. It is rounder and easier to wear. What I find beautiful about À L'Extrême is the way it weaves a soft, suede-like iris note between the sharp tendrils of vetiver. The iris slightly tempers the vetiver, preventing it from being too harsh while intensifying its detached earthiness and bringing a touch of femininity to the composition.

As it dries, À L'Extrême warms up with woods, spices and something with a mineral feel, but it doesn't soften and if anything becomes firmer. Sandalwood plays an essential role in the bottom, creating a creamy angular pattern of wood and spice with spaces where rooted, salty and earthy vetiver can fall. The whole thing feels seamless and bold, but at no time does the fragrance seem loud or intrusive. The uniqueness of this aromatic composition is due to the notes of sandalwood, patchouli and benzoin. The sweetness I detect is almost amber, although amber is not a listed note. I get a dense, dark, slightly woody oud accord, although it does not mention the oud, perhaps because of the combination of patchouli, sandalwood and benzoin in the base that reproduces this accord. Incense and elemi favour this notion to some extent. À L’Extrême is more intense than the OG. But it is also more intimate and quite seductive with its light veil of powdery musk. The misty and dry woods present are just as soft and malleable. The base changes in shades of grey, like a charcoal drawing.

À L'Extrême is a work of art. A truly refined and perfected version of the already majestic Encre Noire and Encre Noire Sport. It's an improved version of the original with an added balsamic dimension provided by sweet resins, smoky incense, and earthy patchouli. The overall feeling is of a naturally warm and inviting nocturnal sensuality. À L'Extrême is an evolution of Encre Noire, respectably preserving its DNA but refining the accord with a mystical note and fluidity of its own. A work of art that truly delves into the original mystery. À L'Extrême evokes darkness in a relaxing and mysterious rather than alienating way. It is sophisticated vetiver, soft and stripped of its herbaceous harshness. More than ink, it makes me think of the grey and dense fog of Milan, so thick that you can cut it with a knife; the profile of a stranger in the dark, his shadow cast on the polished asphalt.
Encre Noire À L'Extrême It starts pretty similar to the original with lots of green cypresses; however, it stabilizes a bit in a few minutes, and the driest, woody and resinous facets come out. Frankincense is very present with a good dose of alcoholic benzoin. It's like a more mature and relaxed version of the original. It fits best in the evening, preferably to grab and enjoy for fall and winter. Lalique has some unique scents, but the Encre Noire series is so cheap online now, and it's worth it. À L'Extrême is what a good flanker looks like, keeping the original DNA by taking it to a different but equally satisfying destination.

I based the review on a 100ml bottle I have owned since July 2018.

-Elysium
The scent of the Antichrist
Hallelujah ...... what a spectacle of fragrance ....

Motivated by woody scents, most notably Terre and the arguably still highly underrated Oxford, I ordered this fragrance based on the reviews without having tested it beforehand.

When spraying on images arise in the head, on which Lucifer appears in hellfire. A scent reminiscent of burnt forest and ground. Extremely dark, evil and terrifying. Highly irritating and disturbing. Belongs more in the niche scent corner, a long-suffering nose as a prerequisite. My goodness, what is that? What has Nathalie Lorson experienced to create such a fragrance?

Ignoring the scent better for some time, I dared to approach again after about an hour. A scent of cypress and incense appeared. As if the dead forest rears up and wants back to life. Does Lucifer want to burn down the churches now? Oh, dear, the imagery. Rarely has a scent aroused such emotions.

Again a little later it turns to powdery, skin-like scents with vetiver and again incense with resins.

Not a fragrance for the masses! Not a fragrance for grandma's sweetheart! Not a fragrance for sycophants! No fragrance for compliment addicts!

But it is a fragrance for individualists! Hate me .... love me .... I couldn't care less! Get out of the way! The bad boy fragrance for real men. Completely freed from anything that loosens up. No fruit. Instead fear and a very special and extraordinary fragrance for a handful of men, which you certainly do not have to smell at every corner.

Fragrance 8,5
Durability 8
Sillage 8
P/L 10

KarlssonDach
Extreme is inappropriate but smells great
The name actually fits not particularly well, because the fragrance is in no way extreme. Rather, he is an excellent companion throughout the day and flies again and again in my nose - if you re-spray him. Encre Noire à L'Extrême is a beautiful fragrance with little sillage.

- Fragrance | Opening: 8.5 Wonderful opening, which for my nose is very similar to the Bentley for Men Absolute. After about 15 minutes, however, it transforms and becomes softer.
- Fragrance | Middle: 8.0 A rather gentle vetiver-wood cobination remains as the main note in my nose.
- Scent | Drydown: 8.0 Patchouli and a little sweetness join in at some point.
- Overall Score: 8.17

- Silage: little
- Projection time: 3 h
- Perceptible on the skin: 8 h

The following batch was evaluated: 15H0123 (produced in August 2015)
3.5

not what i expected
its rather weak on me and its a 2015 bottle. smells like the original alot but not as in your face.And as far as incense i dont get much if any. Its a very close to the skin scent with a wee bit smokiness but after 20 sprays its not that strong on me.how odd.I was expecting a master piece as the bottle and packaging is amazing for sure and the woman who created it is a legend. I liked the sport version alot better. maybe on the right person this will shine??I can see a woman using this for sure. I get the vetiver in this and what smells like cedar shavings but not much more...Its amazing how skin types and a persons chemical makeup can affect a fragrance.
Daniel1323
Dead wood and scorched earth
Encre Noire à L'Extrême is a real challenge for me as a perfume novice. Somehow horny, but also just boring; irgedwie multilayered, but also just dry like the Gobi desert...
Attention to this fragrance I became through the rather hated Jeremyfragrance, for which I must break a lance at this point: That the guy probably has much less expertise than some perfume users can be good and that he must be really unappealing to most people with his weird playboy behavior is quite out of the question. But I have to say that with his odd manner, he does spark an interest in perfume, especially for newbies like me, and that I certainly wouldn't be writing this comment today if I hadn't stumbled across one of his videos a few months ago. But enough of that. One of his videos featured the original Encre Noire, stating "it smells like death, but in a very good way". For me, as a metal fan since childhood, an extremely intriguing paraphrase.
Motivated to try an inaccessible fragrance I ordered on Notino directly the EdP variant, because why not (I did not know at the time that the two probably differ in smell, but well, I'm here to learn something). Full of excitement and expectations I sprayed the good piece for the first time and felt... somehow nothing at all. The scent was neither repellent nor appealing to me; neither overwhelming nor really relatable. Disillusioned and a bit disappointed, I wondered if I just didn't like the scent or if my nose wasn't ready for this one. But the more I applied it, the more I liked it. And with growing "experience" (if I may call it so) suddenly appeared to me also the nuances of the fragrance clearer.
To finally say something about the fragrance itself: it's really damn woody and damn dry to boot! The only freshness in the form of bergamot evaporates already after a handful of minutes. This makes way for a grandiose resinous cypress accompanied by a touch of iris. After that, incense and especially a whole lot of vetiver dominate for me. In the drydown, these are complemented by a fair amount of patchouli. Here the fragrance becomes a little more rounded and seems more complete. While most of the time it seems rather imperfect and exudes a sense of unease, here it finally comes to rest; like death, in a way. Mr. Jeremy was not entirely wrong with his statement.

In addition, the performance also gives good what. The sillage is decent, but not so excessively strong that you can dry out a complete room full of people with it. Less is more here in my opinion, it is simply well matched to the charisma that brings the fragrance. The longevity on the other hand is excellent. Sprayed on in the morning I could perceive the scent in the afternoon still quite clear, on my clothes partly even days later still.

The flacon is also very successful. I like the elegant, cubic design along with wooden lid really very much. In addition, the glass is really thick works overall very valuable. The absolute blackness of the orginal Encre Noire pleases me purely visually even better, but still everything was done right here in my eyes.
It is truly not easy to like this fragrance, let alone understand it (which I probably still do not). But it is truly intriguing and holds a certain mystique that I have not experienced before in the world of perfumes.
I can not classify with the best will in the world to what occasions you can wear the thing aside from funerals or home office. In addition, you really have to know what you're getting into here. But who has Bock to smell like dead wood and scorched earth will definitely be happy here.
THE CROW
Since I am a big film and series fan, I get to almost every fragrance an association.

In this case, it is definitely "The Crow" from 1994.
The scent exudes a masculine mystique. He is definitely an antihero.
One who doesn't care if he's loved or hated. He just gets on with it!

You automatically think of a crypt or an abandoned library. He piques your curiosity, even though you know there's danger hiding there.
You go inside. Swirling up dust and flailing your arms to clear away the cobwebs.
Everywhere creaks and cracks as you walk, dry wood surrounding you.

It must have burned a long time ago, as dark and smoky as it smells here.
It's not a nice smell, but still it draws you further and further in... you want to know what else is hiding in the darkness.
Your torch warms you and brings some light and shadow into the room.

But there is no daylight... only your curiosity and your thoughts.

In the end, you are more experienced and braver than before your adventure.

The Antihero.
The quiet dignified brother
So how do I start now?
Well basically Encre Noir and Encre Noir A L'extrem are pretty similar, the scent DNA is the same. So who likes the normal Encre Noir can access here without problems. Nevertheless, there are small differences!
I try to describe it times so...

If Encre Noir smells like wet moldy forest floor, then A L'extreme smells like wet moldy wood floor only slightly further away a little drier...so imagine you are in the forest, it has rained and in front of you is a tree uprooted and you slip and land with your face in the wet ground. That's what regular encre noir smells like. Your friend was watching from a safe distance with a glass of Burbon in his hand. That's A L'extreme Well, extreme it may not be, but honorable it is... i personally find the normal Encre Noir Moist and Modriger, what you prefer now you have to decide both scents are what Silage and durability Very Good and price / performance is with these fragrances anyway the biggest plus! Both scents are very unique and definitely have niche quality! L'Extrem maybe a little more ...

where I must say that I noticed a slight "rubber" touch at L'Extrem, it smells from time to time a bit like a rain jacket Or rubber boots ... but only machmal that has not bothered me further .

So to sum up: If you are the normal Encre Noir too wet to Modrig is, then try that really times out! I find L'Extrem a little more dignified and rounded what I personally like better! The perfect "forest fragrance" but it is not ... Both scents smell more grassy than woody ... is perhaps because of the cypress ... If you have a cypress in the garden is actually a good comparison! Rub your fingers on it and put a little flower earth in your hand that should give you a little comparison if you don't know the scent!
The Pope playing football
Exactly how a friend described me after I had 3 sprays on it. Incense paired with black forest, really amazing horny combination. The scent is addictive in my opinion and I like it very much, however, I can classify the despite my 28 years very difficult.

To no occasion I would wear the because it is too dark or pitch black, at most on sad days, in church, to the funeral or my sister's birthday. I'm probably not ready for such a mature fragrance there I play with the idea to overcome me in a few years. The matching walking stick and monocle I must then also get.

At Lalique are in men's fragrances probably really men inside. Especially in this house are previous test samples a must before one strikes because these fragrances were made but rather for the classic gentleman.

Nevertheless, I would Encre Noire à L'Extrême any time again Anschaffen, because I just do not get away from the fragrance and you should listen to his heart (nose) before you listen to the opinion of the general public

ScentGrail
Living in older brothers shadow
Lalique Encre Noire A L’Extreme is a scent that pretends to be a stronger and denser version than its originator, yet ends up being the more wearable one.

For the price, it’s a steal if you like aromatic woody fragrances that tend to be more on the edgier side of the perfume spectrum.

Here are my 5 quick takes:

- Niche-like fragrance for an affordable price
- An Aromatic Woody perfume with great longevity
- Created by master perfumer Nathalie Lorson in 2015
- Best used in fall and winter in the office environment
- The original from 2006 is still a better creation

If you are just starting out with this line, then you have my green light to start with this extreme version to see would this dark scent suit your taste.

For others, stick with the original. Hopefully, the next version, probably named Encre Noire Parfum will learn from this missed opportunity and create a real successor.

If you are interested in my perfume work and would like to check out the full review, you can find me on my scentgrail website and social media's under the Scent Grail name. Cheers.

BelleoteroBelleotero 1 month ago
Lingering citrus peel and cypress combo makes it nearly too masculine for me - but when the warmer notes arrive? Lovely.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 2 months ago
smells like a wet cemetery with incense burning in the distance... and I like it - it definetly creates pictures in your head.
EdP4hommeEdP4homme 9 months ago
For Vetiver lovers, too smoky for me, the opening is too harsh, but for the money, it is an amazing winter men's fragrance
RisendyRisendy 9 months ago
Dark Forest... Beautiful night with moon on the sky. Wet Woods, incense, black pool of ink. Phenomenal.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 11 months ago
A well-blended, aromatic, woodsy scent, slightly smoky and darker than the Encre Noir. You still get a dark vetiver and the inky vibe.
EsojoEsojo 1 year ago
4.5
If emitting wafts of nose-piercing Iso E Super for 15h is your thing, look no further!
Finerthings8Finerthings8 1 year ago
Thank you Lalique and Nathalia Lorson for creating such daring and affordable parfum. Yes it has synthetic but I still enjoy.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 2 years ago
I love this....it's grew on me a lot....at first I thought it was not good....wrong....cypres vetiver. Sprayer is fantastic. Signature scent
MeetjoeblackMeetjoeblack 2 years ago
I bought this based on many positive comments by YouTubers, but yikes! Very off-putting. Using it as a freshener for the house now.
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Vetiver and resins drowned in a pool of dense black ink. Dark and pungent, one for lovers of the dirtiest kind of vetiver.

You‘re so square, Baby, I don‘t care. (Elvis Presley)
by Anarlan
by Dibella
by Dibella
by Zmoneaux
by Zmoneaux
by Shivsri13
by Shivsri13
Vetiver tief verwurzelt im dunkelfeuchten Erdboden.
by AromaTikka
by Eigemann
by Eigemann
Goldschwarz
by Muotarek
by Muotarek
Tiefschwarz - Kohlrabenschwarz - Pechschwarz - Nachtschwarz - Schwarzwald  > Was passt nicht in die Reihe?  ;-)
by Klipsidra
by Karlux37
by NasiGoreng
by NasiGoreng

Popular Lalique

Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique Encre Noire Sport by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Perles de Lalique by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Noir Premier - Fleur Universelle 1900 by Lalique Amethyst by Lalique Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Terres Aromatiques 1905 by Lalique Noir Premier - Illusion Captive 1898 by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique Les Compositions Parfumées - Zamak by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Les Compositions Parfumées - Oriental Zinc by Lalique