Encre Noire à L'Extrême (2015)

Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique

Encre Noire à L'Extrême is a popular perfume by Lalique for men and was released in 2015. The scent is woody-smoky. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance.

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Elemi resin, Cypress
Heart Notes Heart NotesHaitian vetiver, Iris, Java vetiver, Frankincense
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 03.06.2020.

GewoonBB
Encre Noir A L'Extreme (@Nose.Knows.No.Notes)
• LALIQUE ENCRE NOIRE A L'EXTREME •

If you start your fragrance journey going by community recommendations, you will come across the Encre Noir trio sooner or later. I blind bought the A L'Extreme flanker as one of my first purchases. It's dark, heavy, gothic and a bit challenging.

Vetiver is the name of the game with this one, and it's a green, deep vetiver, working in tangent with cypress. The woods lead the way and the incense adds quite a lot of smokiness. I love vetiver, but I'd say this is at the edge of a comfortable wear for me. It's not neccesarily a dirty, super earthy vetiver, but it's green and combined with the cypress, it reminds me of tree sap from a pine tree. This is a fall and winter fragrance exclusively for me. However, not a comforting, warm fragrance, but more of a mysterious, dark, cold fragrance. Not so much as an evening by the fireplace, but more so a nightly winter walk in a pine forest. Aside from the woods and smoke, there's not too much to the scent. Some wafts I get a hint of booziness, but not overly so. I do think it's well-balanced and it's not too wild or harsh, but as a beginner, buying this at the pricepoint, you might be getting more than what you bargained for.

I only tried the original Encre Noir once, but from what I can gather, the A L'Extreme is a bit smokier and complex (although still pretty simple), whereas the original is even more bare-boned (and dare I say, more extreme). The performance on this is okay. It's really strong and pungent at first, but the longevity is average. It will cling to your clothing for ages though, so be warned. You can pick up a 100ml with great presentation, for about 25€, and for that price you're getting a scent profile far out of the range of your common designer fragrances. You can't really go wrong with it. For me, it was love at first sniff, but I soon found it challenging to find occassions on which to wear it, so the bottle will last me forever •

Please follow my IG @Nose.Knows.No.Notes for more reviews and fragrance photography.
Tenebre
Does the search have an end? No, no, no, no.
At the first spraying I thought "yes" finally a worthy alternative of my All Time Fav's Gucci - Rush Men. For years I have been looking for a worthy successor, but unfortunately this one is not. Incense, cypress, vetiver and wood in an attractive flacon. In addition a good shelf life & pleasant silage. I don't find it too dark, even if the bergamot fades into the background quite quickly, it remains pleasantly multi-layered, open and beautifully deep. I love this kind of scent because it envelops you in a mysterious aura. Only the incense is a little too tame for my taste.

In relation to Gucci Rush Men, which unfortunately no longer exists, this one is clearly behind them. Somewhere between Azzaro Vist and Comme of Garconś Wonderwood. So the search continues...

Only for cold winter
I actually rarely detect the difference between EN and EN Extreme. I usually prefer the original, because EN's projection is better. But on very cold days it is different. The temperature in Seoul today has dropped to minus 10 degrees Celsius. In this weather, Extreme's resinous notes are even more shiny. In cold weather, Extreme turns from Smokey Black to Shiny Green, with its cypress and frankincense, which was hidden in usual, overflows with stickiness. This will allow me to feel warm and abundant, even when the fierce winds strike my cheeks. Only in the coldest season, Extreme has a much richer aroma than the original.
As dark as night
The night fascinates me - but I am also afraid of the dark.

I must always sleep with a reading light, otherwise the darkness pushes me like a weight into the pillows.

I'm thinking of the creepy Horler from E.T.A. Hoffmann.
This demon also sat on the breast of the sleeping.

And I feel so depressed by the black ink, which is even more extreme.

A candle could have been added to this sinister scent.

But the fragrance "dark as in a bag" looks like my grandmother used to say when she extinguished the light at night.

In the midst of darkness I perceive the cypress and the incense - but both seem dull to scary.

The other ingredients are swallowed by the black of the night.

For me encre is out of the question anyway, because only the fearless can wear it confidently - because the scent requires courage.

But also in my circle of friends there is neither Zorro - nor the Black Knight , nor Phantomas.
Norleans
Unbeatably good in the top note... but...
I confess, I only know this one from the Encre Noir series so far. My first association was with Terre d'Hermès. Actually, it's pretty tasty. But I am swinging peanut all the time with the incipient heart note. I don't know which of the ingredients triggers this association in me. But that makes it unwearable for me. I love everything with peanuts in the food, but not as a scent on the neck. It's a shame, because the scent has what it takes to be a high-flyer.
Hate me or love me
I don't even feel this "extremely black ink" as dark as this scent is often portrayed. The darkness of e.g. a NdN by Tom Ford is not reached here, in my opinion, even rudimentarily. I would rather speak here of the twilight, which, just like the scent, has beautiful sides, but can also polarize strongly. I'd say there's no in-between here. Either you love Encre Noir or you hate him. I personally love this fragrance.
This starts with the bottle, which is based on the name of an old inkwell. After the last drop has been used up, it makes itself very good on the desk with ink and nib. However, this bottle in particular should be handled with caution. If he falls, the tiles are gone, or worse, the toes are broken. Nothing will happen to the heavy bottle made of thick glass in case of a fall.
But now to the fragrance itself.
It has corners and edges, but never gets too loud or intrusive.
Encre Noir ae starts with me resinous and slightly smoky. Bergamot is more likely not to be noticed. I find the top note very pleasant, with a slight sharpness and not too overloaded.
In the further course, slightly syntetischer Vetiver joins in, which enters a very interesting combination with the incense which one could almost call mystical. Anyway, I can't think of a better comparison. Later, woodsy notes and patchouli are added to the base. Here the fragrance becomes warmer, softer and loses its resin. It actually gets really cuddly.
What I particularly like is that the process is not straightforward for me. He seems to have a life of his own and sometimes puts one nuance in the foreground, sometimes the other, which gives him (and his bearers) something mysterious. He also has something erotic and can look very sexy.
Although the fragrance is quite masculine, it can also be worn by women. Anyway, I find the Encre Noir ae on my best friend extremely sexy ;-)
The Sillage is not room filling but quite sufficient (if you don't shower in it). The shelf life is with a good 8 hours in any case Top.
Finally a few words about the "darkness": This fragrance is not light or clear and clean, but also not deep black. Twilight yes, just by the life of one's own in the course.
For me this is clearly one of my favourite fragrances, which also likes to generate positive reactions from my counterparts.

Encre Noire - Lalique
I review this flanker of the popular original from Lalique. During the video I also compare with Chanel's Sycomore edt to see how it stacks up to much more expensive Chanel.

Minigolf
Melodious, dark, smoky, slightly melancholic.....
......a fragrance I CAN only like! Yeah, I admit it's a "flanker" of the foggy original, but not just anybody. It is an independent fragrance with well-known elements. Just like you can recognize a certain band by its sound, even if the melodies of the songs are different.
And the sound of Encre Noire L' Extrème reminds me in spirit of the music of Depeche Mode....
With minor tones that create a kind of dark smoky mood. Like an abandoned industrial area attacked by nature with its idiosyncratic, mystical charm.
This is not least due to the combination of ethereal softwood resins with the rather rakish elements of the Vetyver. And also the comforting incense does not come here too briefly.
In the midst of earthy, slightly "tarry" notes.
Even if the name suggests it, this is not an extremely black ink, but rather a mixture of darkness and light, black and green, soft and hard... Industrial-natural...
Waving and pulsating... just GUT!!!
Farneon
Fragrant buddy in ethereal and not so dark robe
I only came across the Encre Noir series since my "arrival" at Parfumo. Never, I thought at first, will I become a friend of "black ink": too crass, too earthy, too one-dimensional, too unsuitable for everyday use, so my fears. And then there are those mainly intended for "older people", which for me, even as a late forty-year-old, is an exclusion criterion in the vast majority of cases. But of course: I let myself be blinded a bit by comments, the direction "musty forest", "smoky fog" or "darkest night".

And what am I supposed to say today? Without having the original, the two flankers "Sport" and "À LÈxtreme" (ENE) have become my absolute favourite fragrances. No trace of "unacceptable" and for me also no "extreme case". Naming and Flakongestaltung (this one is just great) serve only sometimes as first decision aid. Be that as it may: Even if no oud is processed, I perceive a scent tending in this direction with ENE. Wonderfully dosed, because too much oriental spice is not my thing at all. The vetiver base is clearly perceptible and I am a fan of this grass because it is inherently very complex: tart, sweet, green, hot, earthy.

For me, however, the icing on the cake at ENE - as with the sports version, which is more menthol-heavy - are the essential ingredients. Elemi, cypress and frankincense all have this wellness aura that is reminiscent of a sauna infusion. Some people may turn up their noses, but I'm totally into it! :-) For me, ENE is therefore not a fragrance that I only put on on winter evenings. After all, one can certainly attest to his subliminal effervescence. For me, ENE and the sports version clearly play in the same league, which is why they are also excellent for layering. So flankers in my nose make sense.

I always find it very amusing to read which associations are sometimes associated with a certain fragrance and smile at Batman, Gargamel or Edgar Wallace. I'm not that imaginative or I don't want to be. For me, the "extreme black ink", despite its name, simply builds the perfectly balanced bridge between masculine sharpness, relaxing wellness and spicy exoticism
Schoork
When Batman goes home....................................................................................
...Bruce Wayne wears Encre Noire à L'Extrême!

Under Wayne Manor is known to be the Bath Cave. A classic cave, humid, mossy, woody. Bats that gave Batman his name hang on the ceiling, a waterfall separates the exit to civilization. The wind whistles through some holes and it drips from the ceiling.
Those who spend hours living in this cave, training, analyzing and trying to uncover what the bad guys are planning next will eventually take on the smell of this cave.

Et Voila Encre Noire!

Even for meditation Batman uses the cave.
Incense sticks burn, which Bruce once received from Ras al Ghul.

Since Bruce Wayne has obligations in his role as a playboy as well as his alter ego Batman, it is not uncommon for guests to wait in Wayne Manor while Joker's next step is calculated in the bath cave.
For this case Butler Alfred always has a tuxedo handy and neatly hanging together with a strengthened and ironed white shirt in an old cupboard, where the costume can be put down and Bruce can get ready to go.
When it's time, Bruce applies just a little patchouli and easily powders the dents from the last fight from his face.

Et Voila Encre Noire à L'Extrême!

With the elevator and in the tuxedo it goes then upward into the library, by the secret passage then into the Lounge.

Gotham's Black Knight became the billionaire and playboy Bruce Wayne.

Among the guests is Selina Kyle, the bustling Catwoman, the only one who comes closer than you can imagine to Batman and Bruce Wayne and who whispers in Bruce's ear at the first dance of the evening how good he smells and what a longing this triggers in her. Longing for the night, enjoying endless freedom together above the roofs of Gotham.

Still hours later the fragrance doesn't want to come out of her nose when she leaves it with a soft meow.

Ahmetk96Ahmetk96 3 days ago
I prefer this instead of the original. Performances are better.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 61 days ago
I love this....it's grew on me a lot....at first I thought it was not good....wrong....cypres vetiver absolutely excellent. Signature scent.
MeetjoeblackMeetjoeblack 153 days ago
I bought this based on many positive comments by YouTubers, but yikes! Very off-putting. Using it as a freshener for the house now.
ItchynoseItchynose 11 months ago
Vetiver and resins drowned in a pool of dense black ink. Dark and pungent, one for lovers of the dirtiest kind of vetiver.
MihaiuMihaiu 14 months ago
similar to EN but incensy & richer. close to perfection. on me the original performs better
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Sting wrote MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE. He was probably writing an hymn to this woow fragrance. Magnific intense dark woods & vetiver! Recommended!

by Pistazieneis
by Schoork
Goldschwarz
by Muotarek
by Muotarek
Tiefschwarz - Kohlrabenschwarz - Pechschwarz - Nachtschwarz - Schwarzwald  > Was passt nicht in die Reihe?  ;-)
by GewoonBB
by NasiGoreng
by VinceVega
by VinceVega

Popular Lalique

Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique Encre Noire Sport by Lalique Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Perles de Lalique by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Noir Premier - Fleur Universelle 1900 by Lalique Amethyst by Lalique Noir Premier - Illusion Captive 1898 by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire pour Elle by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Les Compositions Parfumées - Zamak by Lalique