Hommage à l'Homme 2011 Eau de Toilette

Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique
Bottle Design Thierry de Baschmakoff
Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Lalique for men and was released in 2011. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
VioletViolet
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk
OudOud
CistusCistus

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 04.08.2021.

When "less" is more...
Disclaimer: I am an older gentleman of advanced retirement age who has applied fragrances for personal pleasure all his life. I have neither an analytical nose and professional background knowledge, nor the urge to remain as objective as possible in evaluations, as far as this seems at all possible with fragrances.

Do you also know this typical dilemma, namely to want to do it right to many people, but ultimately no one completely satisfied? Whether it is at work as a mediator between the board and the employees, or but in the organization of the big family celebration with participants who can not stand each other to death?

And do you remember how unfairly you feel you are treated at such moments, knowing your own effort best?

It is precisely this injustice that I would not want to inflict on the fragrance Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Edt. here, for example, using the disingenuous accusation of being too little "iconic" or exceptional, since it is precisely in its distinguished universality that its real charm and actual greatness lies hidden.

Usually it is the "loud" fragrances which cause a sensation, which make us stop in the midst of life to bashfully ask our counterpart what fragrance we have just heard.
Suddenly, everyone seems to apply the appropriate fragrance until it already comes out of our ears ourselves, and it is rumored that quite a few ladies and gentlemen here have already felt haunted by Alien, Le Male, Sauvage and similar smells.

Lalique's Hommage à l'Homme goes exactly the opposite way, and does everything right.

He complements an always pleasantly sweet - never dominant - floral bouquet with contoured sharp accents.
In particular, the black pepper in the composition proves to be a high-end dream, which opposes the fruit sweetness with downright cutting minty freshness, to finally unite in the highest harmony with it, and then even as a coronation together at the final chord to fall in love on a Victorian Chesterfield sofa made of the very finest hand-sewn genuine leather.

Who is inwardly ready to part with vain-uncertain resentments, in order to engage instead with all his soul concentrated on the poem-like balance of this composition - this duel-like pasodoble of floral citrus ying and pepper yang - will possibly be rewarded with the discovery of a fabulously signature men's fragrance, which may finally spend modern cautious sweetness with absolute masculinity perfectly formed and cultivated in harmony.

He is not a Compliment Catcher, and certainly not a passionate affair, but just the sort of rare character, which could prove in the long run not only as a trustworthy partner, but also as true love. This fragrance will really understand them, so they should also treat him with appreciation.

The bottle makes a great shelf, and thereby radiates a certain value, but at the same time remains in the form language just as noble-restrained as, for example, typical Guerlain flacon.

The ridiculously low price should not prevent you from wearing it as a daily.

For what reason are you still looking...?
SaSu77
Elegant, spicy, fresh ... known violet ?
I have the fragrance here fortunately recently "ersoukt" and I really like it.

In the top note, the fragrance starts very fresh with a floral / zietrische mix.

Changes then but also quite quickly to a spicy and even quite slightly smoky fragrance.
Overall, a beautiful creation for my nose, which is probably something for the Ü30 candidates. On me, the fragrance seems elegant and masculine. Possibly even the whole year over well portable, whereby I I Him insb. for the spring quite suitably empfind and nothing for the summer heat.

The durability is still tested out, but he makes me the appearance 4-6 hours to hold out.

In the comments here, it is very nicely described as "Fahrenheit violet with zing" and that already sums it up very well. In fact, I would also claim to be able to smell out here a certain similarity to Dior Fahrenheit.

Finally, it should be noted that not only the above-described reference to a classic, makes the fragrance a rather classic fragrance.

In my opinion, can Hommage a l'Homme quite keep up with today's fragrances and falls absolutely still in the Riege tragbar.

A very successful perfume from Lalique

My favorite underdog
Lalique fragrances are often underrated and this one in particular. Its bottle is a true piece of glass artwork and the scent itself is unique, high quality and with decent performance. When I see this beauty on offer for the price of a deodorant stick I'm glad to restock, but actually it is saddening. Is this a sign of failed marketing, or worse, discontinuation?

The fragrance opens with a shot of smoky saffron and violet. A very clear statement: This is not going to be anywhere near the fresh, clean and sweet scents of today. This going to be a bit of a dirty ride. The musk comes through to add an 'animale' quality. Oud and pepper in the background complete the composition of smoke, spice and skunk.

I'm very fond of this fragrance and I highly enjoy wearing it occasionally. But yeah, I can also see why it's unpopular. This will not get you any compliments, it will more likely keep people at a safe distance. Which I enjoy too, occasionally.
Difficult
It may be that my horizon of experience is not sufficient to judge this scent here correctly and fairly. But do you still have the Lalique advertisement in mind? The man on the platform. That's how I feel: "Not picked up"
I have my problems with loving. I don't like this sweet, flowery spice at all. I can understand the perceptions of others, who recognize tobacco notes and cinnamon apple pie, but I am not enthusiastic about it either. The herbaceous musk base is still the best.

Gents Scents had recently praised him over the green clover. A blind purchase seemed promising. Unfortunately, my expectations were not fulfilled. "Oriental Vibe" should have made me careful. All in all he is too exhausting for me. I won't wear it for a while. But I'm pleased with the bottle. It's superb.

This is a LOVE for me!
Lalique is not a new house for me, and as I keep exploring this house further, I'm convinced that Lalique is one of the best in terms of designer fragrances, and perhaps underrated? Every fragrance I purchase from Lalique only bolsters my confidence in the house's ability to blend, understand notes and create accords. I can't say enough about Lalique. Now for the juice.

Hommage a L'Homme does not disappoint, its different and I really like discovering a fragrance that is different, that's not mainstream, that doesn't have the same "Mall of America" DNA. I can say with certainty this could be a divisive fragrance; not everyone will enjoy this one.

It opens floral (violet and saffron), with a bit of powder. While one of the accords is "powdery" it's not your grandmother's thick and cloying powder; it's a very light powder (think light dusting). The opening has backbone and hits you in the face, and I can't figure out whether it's the pepper and the wood mixed with the floral that I'm smelling? I know one of the notes listed is Oud, but I'm not sure I can smell Oud. If Oud is in here, it's North-Americanized.

As we head into the mid (or the heart), the powder moves to the background and the wood, musk and sweetness from the labdanum (sweet like amber) and tonka bean start to come into the foreground.

The blend from the mid stays into the dry-down; and the sweetness from the tonka bean settles in nicely. I do smell a bit of an animalistic quality and perhaps this is the Oud? Perhaps I've just never smelled this type of Oud blend before? The animalistic quality is what I mean by this fragrance will be divisive in the frag-community.

I give this frag a 10 / 10. It's a love for me! I will wear it all year round!

Strange and Unique
This opening, let me tell you, is amongst one of the strangest I've smelt. It smells of sweat, of spices and heat. I think the pimento leaf and saffron together with the violet leaf are responsible for this sweaty metallic opening.

After 10 min everything changes and I start to get the violet and musk. It becomes quite beautiful, but this phase is sadly short-lived. After this, I get astonishing resemblances to 2 scents: Prada Infusion d'Homme and Aqua Velva. Yes, call me crazy, I believe these 3 scents share a part of their drydown: musky, slightly minty and mossy. Of course with different volumes on each of these notes.

Unique and constantly changing scent. I don't get a lot of oud, but I believe it might help to bring out some gasoline-y/metallic vibes of the violet a bit more, since oud can be quite piercing as well.

Taurus1967
Fahrenheit violets with a kick
Not too long ago I had commented Portrayal Man from Amouage and criticized that its methyloctine carbonate, i.e. its violet leaf substitute, was too reminiscent of Fahrenheit. It's not a crime in itself, but it looked more like a bumpy dupe.

Violet leaf is also included here in Hommage à l'Homme. However, far more interesting integrated and independent.
The smart thing about it: as it progresses, the Fahrenheit violet is accompanied by a rich and noble, warm woody note. But that is by no means all, because the eau de toilette also alternates between fine spicy pipe tobacco and the subtle touch of cinnamon apple pie fresh from the oven. The allspice leaf could have a hand in this.

The oud is almost not noticeable, but nobody would miss it either. Or it is so cleverly woven in that although it reflects a certain warmth, it remains very discreetly in the background.

The same applies towards the end to the musk, whereby Hommage à l'Homme admittedly does not throw the masculine testosterone club, but definitely rather brings out the cultivated side of the gentlemen. One could also call it a chef's fragrance, as long as it has a calm, confident aura and experience. That figures!
You're just an intern? Then go back another five fields and rather look for something among the current sweet mainstreamers ...

The only thing I noticed a tiny bit negative about the Hommage à l'Homme is the plastic cap on the fancy bottle. I think a material of higher quality would have been more consistent for this homage to the man.
Our product - Hommage à l'Homme
From: [email protected]
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2019 11:34
To: [email protected]
Subject: Your product - Hommage à l'Homme
Ladies and Gentlemen,

my name is Profumorist and I am editor of a perfume online evaluation platform surely known to you. As I have tested and appreciated some of your products in the past (e.g. Encre Noire, Encre Noire Sport and White), I would love to devote myself to another of your products. Namely the Hommage à l'Homme. A perfume that I have been able to test several times and which I liked very much right from the start.

But since I am not a trained nose in deciphering individual fragrance components, I would kindly ask you to explain some details and aspects of your product to me. I would be particularly interested in information about the course of the fragrance, the durability, the sillage and the bottle.

Thank you in advance.

Yours sincerely

Profumorist

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

From: [email protected]
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 08:45
To: [email protected]
Subject: WG: Your product - Hommage à l'Homme
Dear Professor,

first of all, thank you very much for sending us your e-mail and the trust you have placed in our products from the Lalique Group.

First of all we would like to mention that we were able to win Christine Nagel for the composition of our product Hommage à l'Homme. Christine Nagel is a recognized master of her trade and is now the successor to the great Jean-Claude Ellena, head perfumer at Hermès.

The top note of our product Hommage à l'Homme is characterized by a fresh and at the same time metallic-cool start. The main component of our product Hommage à l'Homme, the violet or violet leaf, in combination with the bergamot and the spice of saffron, provides this effect. Violet is not used very often in the art of perfume. In our opinion, there are no corresponding comparisons with Christian Dior's Fahrenheit. With the heart note, the interplay of pepper and pimento leaf is added and provides this unmistakable fresh, spicy impression, which continues to be accompanied by the violet slightly cool. Towards the base, the oud and the musk become more recognizable and give the fragrance an additional slightly animalistic touch.

Extraordinary, noble, classic and therefore timeless. A tribute to the man.

Our product Hommage à l'Homme was designed in such a way that you can enjoy a whole working day without any problems, but without taking up too much of your colleagues' time.

As you may know, Lalique has been world famous for its glass art since its beginnings in the 19th century. Of course, this quality should also be reflected in our perfume bottles. The design of our unusual bottle made of heavy glass is intended to remind us of the coffered ceiling of the Pantheon in Rome. This coffered ceiling not only served as a visual design, but was also intended to reduce the weight and thus the bearing load and thus contribute to the enduring durability and stability of the entire building. Our product Hommage à l'Homme is also intended to make it easier to cope with the burden of everyday life and to give you a feeling of freedom.

We wish you continued pleasure with our products.

Yours sincerely

Your Lalique Group Germany

Patternstr. 1
50676 Cologne

Phone: 0221/12345-67
Fax: 0221/12345-89

Please check if this mail really has to be printed!
Leporello
Somewhere between Fahrenheit, M7 ...
and an old tobacco store in a small German town in the late 1980s. As a thinking person one should think that it may not make sense to buy a fragrance "blind", wants to think without having tested it beforehand. But who doesn't know that, you read a few lines about a fragrance somewhere, pick up catchwords that you like and in the end you decide to buy the fragrance blindly. That's what happened to me with Hommage à l'Homme by Lalique. Reason for the whole thing was that I had read some lines about the smell some time ago, which gave me an impression, it concerns here a "tobacco smell". Anyone who reads my comments will quickly notice that I appreciate fragrances with a prominent tobacco note. That's the crux of the matter, because often my reason then exposes itself and I like to order the fragrance blindly. I'm supposed to know better. So I approached the fragrance, obviously with the completely wrong expectation.

Although it was clear to me after reading here on Parfumo that the fragrance also has prominent role models such as M7 and Fahrenheit, but in turn. Immediately after spraying on I came across a mixture of M7 and Fahrenheit, which I would like to say "watered down" and which was anything but enthusiastic. Now I naturally wanted to give the fragrance its chance and wait and see where the journey takes me. And lo and behold, after about twenty minutes the fragrance became clearly more pleasant, wants hotter, rounder and mildly spicy, at the same time woody and slightly smoky. The first impression of the top note was complemented positively and I thought I could like the fragrance in the end. Unfortunately, it came differently. After about an hour the fragrance becomes extremely linear on my skin, the development stagnates and a fragrance, well actually more an aroma, spreads, what Luca Turin once called a "Parfum d' Ambiance" in one of his columns. This "Parfum d' Ambiance" may have some nice memories of my childhood, but it doesn't really want to be a "dreamy" pleasant retrospective. But what does this linear aroma of Hommage à l'Homme remind me of?

It reminds me of my grandfather's old friend's tobacco store. My grandfather, a passionate pipe smoker, often used to visit the tobacco shop of an old friend in the early evening, when he brought his company mail quickly to the nearby town to the main post office, with me as a little boy in tow. Finally it was necessary to get some more tobacco as soon as possible, if one wanted to have a good time in the evening after work. So it happened that I often accompanied Grandpa and mostly around half past six in the evening I visited the mentioned tobacco shop with him. The owner and my grandfather knew each other since times of war and felt that nothing had changed in the shop since the mid thirties. Solid wood-panelled walls, shelves made of dark wood and showcases made of decorated glass adorned the shop along with all sorts of different types of tobacco (in large glasses or clay pots the shop) and dim light. A wonderful ambience and mostly my grandfather stayed a few minutes longer to just have a chat. Sometimes, mostly on Saturdays in the early afternoon, of course I was there again, my grandfather visited the shop to have a cup of coffee with the owner after replenishing his supply for the weekend. The smell of the shop was unique, a mixture of dark wood, moist tobacco varieties and a certain fruity sweetness. I still imagine today that the shop smelled also after overripe sour churches.

This is where Hommage à l'Homme starts for me in its linear structure. Because Hommage à l'Homme smells on my skin exactly like the smell of this over hundred years old shop. A wonderful memory but unfortunately Hommage à l'Homme is so durable that after twelve hours I just can't stand this smell any more. As much as I liked to visit the shop with Grandpa, I don't want to smell a hundred year old tobacco shop all day long. Maybe it's also because it's with memories like with some cakes, you've quickly eaten enough of it. It is at this point that I would like to take up my criticism, because Hommage à l'Homme develops more into a room fragrance on my skin than into a perfume. The durability and sillage are accordingly too strong, even after a shower I could still sniff out the remains of the scent on my wrist and on clothing the scent lingers forever. All this is a nice memory, but in the end Hommage à l'Homme is not a real perfume for me.
That's all I need! :-)
Slowly my perfume collection is enjoying an unprecedented size. But before I become a fragrance junkie, I'm going to rein in my testing and buying activities for now - that's the plan! ;-) I have recently "swarmed" in all possible directions, approached old classics, tried modern scent grenades, put rare niche scents to the olfactory test and completed my preferred scent fresh-fruity/spicy/woody to suit my budget
And as the headline shows: Hommage à L'Homme has just been missing for me and that in the truest sense of the word. I can also tell you why: Not quite young in years of life (Ü45), I can't usually do much with the harp classics so famous here. They simply don't suit me as a creative designer and alternative music fan who digs out of the closet for a suit and tie at the highest time for a wedding. But of course: I'm no more than 20 and I'm happy to do without most of the current hypes and trends - also with regard to fragrances.

The classic bottle in the Guerlain style naturally indicates that H à H's target group is less the young urban hipster, but rather the seasoned, possibly stylish gentleman. And to 70 percent the fragrance embodies the expected and thus the classic high art of fragrance design, which unfortunately all too often is not my thing: too smoky, too spicy, too leathery, too mossy ... there's almost always something that bothers my nose, even though I think I'm highlighting the quality of the creation. The higher the percentages for "older" are, the more I can be sure that a fragrance and I will not be friends.

But H à H is characterized by the fact that it is not too "anything" for me and does not contain a fragrance that frightens me off from the outset ... and that without slipping into squeaky modernity or trendy sweetness. With a "classic men's fragrance" you simply do without oak moss and leather and instead manage to set slightly flowery, fresh and sweet accents. But not too much of everything, so that I get the impression to have a great year-round scent in front of me, which does justice to the jacket as well as to the hoodie. To make a final comparison: no hearty beer, no peaty single malt, no hip gin gin mule ... simply a good and full-bodied Pinot Gris!

MikeMikeMikeMike 4 months ago
Green fresh opening, a lot of mid pepper notes with some pharmacy type of oud
Finerthings8Finerthings8 4 months ago
It is a delicate little thing.Unfortunately stages short lived for my liking.But it has great composition and good value like other Laliques
RisendyRisendy 10 months ago
Great violet/oud fragrance. Prominent saffron in the opening. Smells expensive, rich and sophisticated. Average performance.
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
I hate to introduce cheap perfume as "near niche quality," but in this case there can be no other expression.Seriously better than Farenheit
AmberScentAmberScent 3 years ago
I learned to love this violet wit a bit of oud. Recalls me of an oriental Fahrenheit without gasoline. I recommend it!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
The Violet, the Musk and the Oud blend with each other and dance your senses with a great result. It exudes sophistication and warmth!
ElysiumElysium 4 years ago
I didn't know the violet and the oud could be such an irresistible pairing as I discovered through Lalique Hommage à l’Homme. Phenomenal!!!

by Blödel
by Helge
by deluxe
by deluxe

Popular Lalique

Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Encre Noire Sport by Lalique Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Perles de Lalique by Lalique Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Amethyst by Lalique Noir Premier - Fleur Universelle 1900 by Lalique Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Terres Aromatiques 1905 by Lalique Noir Premier - Illusion Captive 1898 by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Les Compositions Parfumées - Zamak by Lalique Les Compositions Parfumées - Oriental Zinc by Lalique