Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique

Hommage à l'Homme 2011 Eau de Toilette

Aspvl
17.07.2020 - 04:21 PM

Strange and Unique

This opening, let me tell you, is amongst one of the strangest I've smelt. It smells of sweat, of spices and heat. I think the pimento leaf and saffron together with the violet leaf are responsible for this sweaty metallic opening.

After 10 min everything changes and I start to get the violet and musk. It becomes quite beautiful, but this phase is sadly short-lived. After this, I get astonishing resemblances to 2 scents: Prada Infusion d'Homme and Aqua Velva. Yes, call me crazy, I believe these 3 scents share a part of their drydown: musky, slightly minty and mossy. Of course with different volumes on each of these notes.

Unique and constantly changing scent. I don't get a lot of oud, but I believe it might help to bring out some gasoline-y/metallic vibes of the violet a bit more, since oud can be quite piercing as well.

Latest Reviews

AspvlAspvl 1 year ago
Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) - Joop!

Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) The 90s scent
Experiencing it for the first time in 2020: it's definitely nothing amazing, but I do get why this is considered a great scent. To me, though differences in scent are obvious, I believe it paved the way for scents like Tommy Hilfiger, for example....

AspvlAspvl 1 year ago
Wrappings - Clinique

Wrappings Truly one of a kind
I have never smelt anything like Wrappings. To my nose it is much more interesting than Aromatics Elixir. It's so unusual, awkward and peculiar! A true gem. It's really a shame that Clinique only releases it next to Christmas time. The opening...