Lalique Le Parfum 2005Eau de Parfum

Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique
Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Lalique for women and was released in 2005. The scent is sweet-powdery. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Bay leaf, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotrope, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 06.11.2020.

No standard mash
Lalique le parfum is a very enchanting fragrance. My nose finds it sweet, spicy and a little powdery. A perfume to fool with. It's been with me for many years. It's my faithful companion. If I'd had to choose one scent all these years, it would have been le perfume.
It's not some uniform musk you can smell on every corner. He is really something special and extraordinary. A very elegant perfume, a fragrance for women, which is not meant negatively. Bay leaf, pepper, tonka bean and vanilla are a wonderful combination. Also not too sweet, as one might think. A well-balanced and calming sensual perfume with great charisma
First huh... later ... wooow
When you spray it on, the experience is so... well... yes. It takes getting used to, very flowery standing.
You have to give the scent exactly 10 minutes. Then it unfolds in the direction of nobly elegant and vanilla, even powdery. Something extraordinary When I wear it I am constantly asked what kind of scent it is...
And the flacon... beautiful, elegant and very high quality.

Recent Discoveries And Pleasant Surprises
More and more often, my mania for collecting pushes me to purchase blindly most of the perfumes that are part of my collection, and the fun is to have all these bottles full of a fragrance that offers a wide range of options. For sure, there are some genres in which I trust and rely more heavily on than others, but I feel like I am building a library that covers an entire sphere of olfactory senses. In that respect are some parts of the area that I could deliberately jump here and there. You can't expect to love everything. Lalique's Le Parfum occupies a small fragment of this sphere that I could not have previously thought existed. Le Parfum is adorable - a continually growing mixture that takes place almost like a thriller book, full of twists.

Le Parfum arrived in my collection like lightning in a clear sky. A few days ago, a member of a group I follow on Facebook published a post with a photograph and a statement highlighting the beauty and qualities of Lalique Le Parfum. Fascinated by this object unknown to me, I immediately searched, and Notino sold it at a small price per 100 ml in EDP format. How come it costs only 24 euro when the retail price on the Lalique official site is 122 euro? I have no clue; however, Notino is a trusted site, and it does not sell fakes. I affirm that if I hadn't read that the nose behind this masterpiece is Mr. Dominique Ropion, I would have bet it was a creature of Nathalie Lorson. Using smoked and dusty accords are almost a trademark of Mrs. Lorson. I enjoy the perfumes of Lalique, always prime quality on all levels. Encre Noire above all, then the fabulous L'Insoumis by Fabrice Pellegrin. And Le Parfum is no exclusion. If you are interested to know what they have in common, Lalique Le Parfum, Guerlain Shalimar, and Guerlain Habit Rouge, I suggest you keep reading.

Before I narrate you the scent's fairy tale, let me describe the packaging. The essence comes in a scarlet box, and the bottle inside is on par with the Ombre Noire, a solid crystal cube with an elegant cap that has a lovely relief of a Medusa face in the opaque glass and a scarlet rope bound on the sprayer. Lalique Le Parfum is minimal, elegant, sober, a beautiful, warm vanilla-tonka oriental. It reminds me of a fat French vanilla ice cream. It is not the gourmand vanilla accord you might find in cookies, pudding, cupcakes, or custard, but something smoldering and more mystical.

Touching the scent, I think this perfume would be great for those counting for less sweet vanilla fragrances, slightly twisted vanilla, lighter, almost airy orientals, or some salty and aromatic qualities with their sweet hints of skin. Le Parfum greets me with a blast of a boozy tone right in my face. You might conceive it is featuring a kind of like tropical rum or finest cognac, but no. I am sure the accord results of the alcohol and the smoky vanilla notes. Set aside just a moment, and the scent turns into an aroma of bergamot, bay leaf, and pink pepper, which is just too joyful and bubbly. The smidgen of pepper blends well with the bay, but not enough to frighten away anyone. I didn't know I like that medicinal Indian bay that much! It was the delight like finding something forgotten deep in the drawer. That bay leaf that everyone goes forward to criticize is the only thing I can say I love entirely. It is a brilliant touch and stops the scent from becoming too sweet or thick. Likewise, it renders the opening of a twist that might not be everyone's cup of tea. The almost gourmand sweetness of the top notes reminded me of my beloved Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey.

The slightly powdery and floral heart is elegant and subdued, a sensual blend of jasmine and heliotrope with just a hint of bitter almond accents. The heliotrope and almond give light as a non-sweet floral smoked tobacco during development. To me, that undercurrent combo of the middle stage is somewhat reminiscent of Shalimar by Guerlain, or even Habit Rouge, without the latter's animal quality. However, jasmine mixed with vanilla and sparkled with some pink pepper is frankly a bit of a cliché, but here it assumes a distinctive look.

The dry-down of passionate yet subtle patchouli tenderly soothed by buttery vanilla, tonka, and sandalwood is enveloping and pleasantly fluffy. The sandalwood becomes prominent and gives the fragrance a nice woody creamier. Elegant, comforting, unique, and beautifully framed. It is creamy and smooth and smolders, yes, it smolders. There is a touch of patchouli in the base, which I do not consider particularly evident. I know it is there because it tempers the sweetness of the frothy vanilla and almond heliotrope. Lalique Le Parfum is an oriental, but not in the traditional oriental way, quite a modern oriental. Although it is based on the classic vanilla accord, patchouli and coumarin, it is unmistakably a modern oriental fragrance. It is losing the animal and dark richness of the classical oriental, replacing the dirty civet and vinous ambergris with smooth effect "warm skin" of modern musk.

The official notes are a surprise, evoking a more dusty and floral heart with a salty end and a sultry finish. On my skin, however, this is a thoroughly smoky gourmand fragrance. Le Parfum is an unpredictable, somewhat androgynous gem that I miserably discovered long after its market launch, nearly fifteen years later. It is beautiful oriental vanilla that looks timeless, and I see why some people have likened it to Shalimar. It's not that they smell like, but it depends a lot on the impression they leave. Lalique's Le Parfum lacks the spiciness of Shalimar without being unbalanced or overly sweetened. Before wearing it, I almost expected it to be sweet to becoming sickening, but it just didn't happen. Still, as an admirer of many Lalique fragrances, the performance of the EDP disappointed me. Le Parfum does not have strong sillage, it stays close to the skin, and its longevity is scarcely acceptable. It's a pleasantly delicate, understated scent. Yes, surprisingly, because it lacks Lalique's usual bold generosity of touch. I find Le Parfum to be really versatile and very wearable, at least the batch I own. The keynotes and accords make it ideal for colder days of late Fall and Winter, though the fuzziness of its performance fits well, even for warmer days and nights of Spring and Summer. It is suited for office wear or a lazy day off. I see it could be a sophisticated everyday scent and one that would encourage others to snuggle close. Essence does not always have to be unique, to be beautiful and satisfying. I liked Le Parfum so much, that's it.

This review bases on 100ml (3.4 FL. oz) I own since July 2020.

-Elysium
Parfümlein
From colleagues who thought they loved all perfumes...
... well, actually, just from a colleague. He loves perfume, honestly, and since he got enthusiastic about my Narciso Rodriguez for her, he sniffs at me as soon as he sees me - for years (no, no harassment - that's fine...) And today? Today he lures me first and then flinches back: No, that - he doesn't like that now, that stings, that pinches his nose...
Eh? Like now. How - that pinches him. How - that stings. My Lalique? My super beautiful, thick, glass Lalique-Le-Perfume bottle, the gift disguised killer that you should always have on the bedside table in case a burglar gets lost in the bedroom? It confuses, no, confuses me! How can this be?
When I use Lalique, I smell rather little, which is why I thought the fragrance was so suitable for work. On me it shows itself lamblike, very mild, tenderly almond-shaped and rather quickly very powdery. So for me, it was the workplace-groomed-at-the-workplace smell. And honestly, I don't notice much more, but I know this from at least two other fragrances. Laurel? Where. Patchouli? Never. Just a sweet, delicate note, yes, that one, that becomes noticeable after a longer time, but I would have rather thought that it was vanilla than the dream team vanilla-tonka. Especially jasmine and heliotrope and later the sweetness determine the fragrance for me, whose sillage is rather weak by the way. This makes him suitable for the job again, because normally no colleague would throw himself at my earlobe. From a distance Lalique apparently does not show herself. I also find that he does not last the whole working day, not even at my carefully prepared scarf - so if you put your foot in it, you can come back hours later with a Snickers to the respective colleague/ client/ boss and pretend that nothing ever happened. Because there's nothing there. So it could all have been just your imagination. So do I like the smell now that has only recently moved in here? I'm not sure, I just find it too inconspicuous to really take a stand. What did I get for a bottle? On the other hand, our colleague had a completely different perception. I have to have Lalique tested in hand-to-hand combat, preferably by my husband. When I ask him what I smell like, he usually says, "Perfume?"
CoS
A sweet, powdery scent that seduces?
After the strong smell of alcohol had disappeared, the first notes of the opening came out.

An interplay of fresh, green and spicy notes follows. The freshness clearly came from the bergamot, but did not dominate, and in the next breath it alternated with the green scent of the bay leaf, which also left a somewhat bitter smell on my skin and also triggered the association, for whatever reason, of Thai food with me. The slightly spicy notes of pink pepper also began to tickle my nose, which gave the opening something sparkling.
Although it was exciting to experience the opening, I was glad when it slowly disappeared and the heart notes began to develop a nice powdery and soapy scent, giving my nose a little "relaxation". The course of the heart notes was very pleasant and nice to smell, especially when the first notes of the drydown could be smelled. This slightly sweet smell, which was dominated by tonka bean and vanilla, remained constant on my skin, although the projection weakened over time
Despite the tonka bean and vanilla, the fragrance is less sweet than expected, which I like very much.
The aroma is qualitative and has a good silage and shelf life of > 6 h. Whether he is also seductive, however, I can unfortunately not yet say. He didn't really convince me. But I'll give him a few more times to convince me
"Tranny vanilla
I finally got to try L.L.P....
with much anticipation I have applied L.L.P. and hoped that it smells as good as there is the fragrance pyramid.....

to the fragrance:
First I'm slapped in the face by an alcohol flag!
With a loud laugh, the alcohol flag quickly moves on, but a red cheek remains! Ouch!

Then I can see a vanilla from a distance... But SHE is no ordinary vanilla... Nooo......
As YOU come closer to me, I notice that YOU is something "different"...

Then "Wumms" stands "the" vanilla before me.....
...But it is Mr. Laurel, who has disguised himself only as vanilla... A tranny, oh how great :) --- (I don't want to step on anyone's feet here)

He / It has quite fine features, but one already recognizes HIM, because Mr. Laurel... Because today he simply forgot to take off his beard and therefore scratches very much...

I talk to him/her for a while to find out if it might be my fault, but unfortunately it is too much for me and I have to say goodbye to Mr. Lorbeer in vanilla dress...

Even the gentle powderiness can't make me like L.L.P., but it scratches my skin too much... :( what a shame...
Serenissima
a bed of jasmine blossoms
The previous Lalique fragrances, which I was allowed to test, always impressed me with their clear, pure fragrance mixture. They feel as if they were splashing like a little stream to spread joy and comfort.
Of course I exclude the "Noir Premier" series and the men's fragrances.
These are very special compositions, which actually are not to be classified as "normal" day scent; but of course can also be worn as such.

Against this background "Lalique Le Parfum" was a little strange to me at first; we had to get used to each other. Whereby the beauty of this fragrance made it easy for me to like it.
I am almost immediately dominated by the large-flowered jasmine, whose five-petalled white flowers with the thick yellow stamens always radiate a special charm.
During the day they live decoratively in the dark leaf green; in the evening they exude their beautiful, sometimes also a bit "stinky" aroma in the generous surge of fragrance.
In contrast to the iris, jasmine is always as welcome to me as it meets me: as a magical plant, whose simple flower smells so wonderful.
This scent of thousands of blossoms is framed here by a bergamot, which nestles very well and some slightly crushed pearls of pink pepper, which underlines the scent of jasmine very skilfully, but also gives aromatic impulses.
The special thing about the previous fragrance is the laurel leaf: how much do I like this somewhat idiosyncratic, spicy fellow, who always places a few hooks in a previously smooth fragrance surface.
Thus it is no longer so uniform, no longer so round - and there is no danger of drifting into a possible monotony. - Laurel leaf mixes everything up neatly!
This is also a good thing, because now the heavy vanilla-like scent explosion of the deep violet flowering vanilla flower appears: the heliotrope reports to the scene!
At this moment a certain sweetness appears, which is underlined by the velvety velvety almost wool-white vanilla.
Also the Tonka bean is a bit sweet; quite refined, but if I'm quite honest, "Lalique Le Parfum" would do a bit of alcohol here in the form of cognac or rum, both nice ripe and golden brown, good!
A nice shade of dark wood would also be a fine alternative.
But we don't have that: so this powdery-sweet melange has to get a certain framework with sandalwood and especially with the sensual spun patchouli.
This also succeeds well; the fragrance gets a supporting base next to the sweetness and the flowery-spicy prelude.

"Lalique Le Parfum" is a very complex fragrance creation for a special occasion.
In my opinion, it could take a bit of dark blue velvet, so the light scent mixture would be beautifully underlined and take effect.
This fragrance stays with me for a few hours, but then it gets finer quite soon and the vanilla - or maybe the heliotrope - seems to age a bit.
Yes, the fragrance lacks a certain constancy in the farewell phase; it weakens, withers a little.
Every now and then it gets annoying and I have the need to use a portion of warm water as an antidote.

The flacon seems to be the female counterpart to that of "Ombre Noire". He also seems to be a little close to "Les Parfumes de Rosine", which are all decorated with a cord with tassels.
Well, if you like it ...

I was allowed to test many of the Lalique-fragrances in the last time: unfortunately "Lalique Le Parfum" is last on the ranking list of the most popular Despite this almost intoxicating jasmine note, which I like very much, it lacks a little lightness and the fragrant facets that make up the other women's fragrances.
"Lalique Le Parfum" is a beauty of its own kind, but a bit too static for me!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Angelliese, who put this sample in my birthday package and allowed me to compare it with the other fragrances of this company

Bay leaf and amber-vanilla
Oh my, I didn't know I like that medicinal Indian bay that much! It was the delight like finding something forgotten deep in the drawer. During the opening, bergamot is also easy to be detected.

Then I smell a whiff of vanilla and tonka beans, then another whiff of aromatic spices, then another whiff of vanilla again, like they're battling. This stage makes me confusing.

However after 1 hour, it calms down. I can easily smell powdery jasmin and helitrope. The patchouli is also there, but very subtle. The sandalwood becomes prominent after 5 hours but in the end it mellows into a vanilla base.

The sillage is moderate and the longevity is at least 10 hours on me. I really loved it for the first 5 hours. However, the later jasmin & flowers + sandalwood combo makes me think of Dior Dune. Don't get me wrong, I like Dune. But I expected it being creamier like some reviewers comparing it to Cacharel Gloria. Plus the opening made me think that I was going to smell something I had never smelt before. It's still a sensual and rich perfume, there is no doubt. However, with the wrong expectation, whether to acquire a full bottle I'm undecided.

Edit: After several wears, it seems to stay creamy until it fades away and the slightly sharp sandalwood doesn't show up if apply sparingly, which made me a happy owner of a full bottle. I'd recommend it.

Personally, I think it's great
I have grown the evergreen pepper tree, 'Schinus molle', in my garden and have occasionally broken a glossy serrated leaf for the fragrance that releases. It is exactly this smell that I detect for a short time in Le Parfum in concert with the Bay, 'Laurus nobilis'
I enjoy this phase. The undertow, the heart of the perfume, is Shalimarish and is, in my opinion, the reason that Luca Turin despised Le Parfum. He dismissed Or des Indes in the same way, saying
"MPG does Shalimar, buy Shalimar" Well, he could have just chanted "Copy cat, dirty rat, we can't have the Hoi Polloi imitating the sister of Guerlain's 'Mitsouko' when I just declared it the most world's most beautiful perfume" Oh, whatever, it's just a bit of fun.
I purchased my 100 ml bottle for around $40 USD, postage paid; I am well pleased with Le Parfum, it's really very nice without being groundbreaking. For those whose Mother, Mother in law, may have staked their claim to Shalimar, this is one you can call your own. Peppered Shalimar? What else? Le Parfum-I thought it had a touch of Euphoria to it but perhaps that's because I know Dominique Ropion was involved with E and composed Le Parfum. The bottle is easy on the eye, it can sit alongside my bottle of Ivoire as a sort of Flamenco version. My cheap thrill, my tasselly Flamenco peppered Shalimar, now all I need is a fine glass of Syrah.

Getting some stick
Lalique Le Parfum is one of my happy acquisitions.
Funny that it should be housed in such a solid, square, and imposing bottle because this scent is all about softness and curves.
It is utterly charming and gentle.

The predominant notes, to my nose, are sweet almonds and liquorice.

Understand that I am not referring to the black sticky confectionary here, but to the root of the Glycyrrhiza glabra plant.
If you’ve ever had the opportunity to chew on a stick, you’ll know what I’m talking about.
It has a sweet earthiness to it, which is really quite striking.

This is a perfume I gladly go back to, and one I turn to when in need of chill time and cushy moments.
It wears relatively close to the skin and has good longevity.

ElysiumElysium 4 months ago
Le Parfum is adorable, a constantly growing mixture that takes place almost like a thriller book, full of twists. A subdued modern oriental.
KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
Actually unisex. Mild delicious vanilla. So good!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Mixing Bay leaf, Heliotrope,Tonka bea & Vanilla notes shouldn't work but it does work. A feminine elegant floral fragrance. Recommended!

Lalique bei Nacht ** für Freshy **
by Moni43
by Parfuniverse
by Parfuniverse

Popular Lalique

Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique Encre Noire Sport by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Perles de Lalique by Lalique Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Noir Premier - Fleur Universelle 1900 by Lalique Amethyst by Lalique Noir Premier - Illusion Captive 1898 by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire pour Elle by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Les Compositions Parfumées - Zamak by Lalique Noir Premier - Terres Aromatiques 1905 by Lalique