Lalique Le Parfum (2005) Eau de Parfum

Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique

Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Lalique for women and was released in 2005. The scent is sweet-powdery. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Bay leaf, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotrope, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 07.03.2019

8.0 7.0 8.0 6.0/10
"Tranny vanilla
I finally got to try L.L.P....
with much anticipation I have applied L.L.P. and hoped that it smells as good as there is the fragrance pyramid.....

to the fragrance:
First I'm slapped in the face by an alcohol flag!
With a loud laugh, the alcohol flag quickly moves on, but a red cheek remains! Ouch!

Then I can see a vanilla from a distance... But SHE is no ordinary vanilla... Nooo......
As YOU come closer to me, I notice that YOU is something "different"...

Then "Wumms" stands "the" vanilla before me.....
...But it is Mr. Laurel, who has disguised himself only as vanilla... A tranny, oh how great :) --- (I don't want to step on anyone's feet here)

He / It has quite fine features, but one already recognizes HIM, because Mr. Laurel... Because today he simply forgot to take off his beard and therefore scratches very much...

I talk to him/her for a while to find out if it might be my fault, but unfortunately it is too much for me and I have to say goodbye to Mr. Lorbeer in vanilla dress...

Even the gentle powderiness can't make me like L.L.P., but it scratches my skin too much... :( what a shame...
9.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10
Serenissima
a bed of jasmine blossoms
The previous Lalique fragrances, which I was allowed to test, always impressed me with their clear, pure fragrance mixture. They feel as if they were splashing like a little stream to spread joy and comfort.
Of course I exclude the "Noir Premier" series and the men's fragrances.
These are very special compositions, which actually are not to be classified as "normal" day scent; but of course can also be worn as such.

Against this background "Lalique Le Parfum" was a little strange to me at first; we had to get used to each other. Whereby the beauty of this fragrance made it easy for me to like it.
I am almost immediately dominated by the large-flowered jasmine, whose five-petalled white flowers with the thick yellow stamens always radiate a special charm.
During the day they live decoratively in the dark leaf green; in the evening they exude their beautiful, sometimes also a bit "stinky" aroma in the generous surge of fragrance.
In contrast to the iris, jasmine is always as welcome to me as it meets me: as a magical plant, whose simple flower smells so wonderful.
This scent of thousands of blossoms is framed here by a bergamot, which nestles very well and some slightly crushed pearls of pink pepper, which underlines the scent of jasmine very skilfully, but also gives aromatic impulses.
The special thing about the previous fragrance is the laurel leaf: how much do I like this somewhat idiosyncratic, spicy fellow, who always places a few hooks in a previously smooth fragrance surface.
Thus it is no longer so uniform, no longer so round - and there is no danger of drifting into a possible monotony. - Laurel leaf mixes everything up neatly!
This is also a good thing, because now the heavy vanilla-like scent explosion of the deep violet flowering vanilla flower appears: the heliotrope reports to the scene!
At this moment a certain sweetness appears, which is underlined by the velvety velvety almost wool-white vanilla.
Also the Tonka bean is a bit sweet; quite refined, but if I'm quite honest, "Lalique Le Parfum" would do a bit of alcohol here in the form of cognac or rum, both nice ripe and golden brown, good!
A nice shade of dark wood would also be a fine alternative.
But we don't have that: so this powdery-sweet melange has to get a certain framework with sandalwood and especially with the sensual spun patchouli.
This also succeeds well; the fragrance gets a supporting base next to the sweetness and the flowery-spicy prelude.

"Lalique Le Parfum" is a very complex fragrance creation for a special occasion.
In my opinion, it could take a bit of dark blue velvet, so the light scent mixture would be beautifully underlined and take effect.
This fragrance stays with me for a few hours, but then it gets finer quite soon and the vanilla - or maybe the heliotrope - seems to age a bit.
Yes, the fragrance lacks a certain constancy in the farewell phase; it weakens, withers a little.
Every now and then it gets annoying and I have the need to use a portion of warm water as an antidote.

The flacon seems to be the female counterpart to that of "Ombre Noire". He also seems to be a little close to "Les Parfumes de Rosine", which are all decorated with a cord with tassels.
Well, if you like it ...

I was allowed to test many of the Lalique-fragrances in the last time: unfortunately "Lalique Le Parfum" is last on the ranking list of the most popular Despite this almost intoxicating jasmine note, which I like very much, it lacks a little lightness and the fragrant facets that make up the other women's fragrances.
"Lalique Le Parfum" is a beauty of its own kind, but a bit too static for me!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Angelliese, who put this sample in my birthday package and allowed me to compare it with the other fragrances of this company
9.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10
Bay leaf and amber-vanilla
Oh my, I didn't know I like that medicinal Indian bay that much! It was the delight like finding something forgotten deep in the drawer. During the opening, bergamot is also easy to be detected.

Then I smell a whiff of vanilla and tonka beans, then another whiff of aromatic spices, then another whiff of vanilla again, like they're battling. This stage makes me confusing.

However after 1 hour, it calms down. I can easily smell powdery jasmin and helitrope. The patchouli is also there, but very subtle. The sandalwood becomes prominent after 5 hours but in the end it mellows into a vanilla base.

The sillage is moderate and the longevity is at least 10 hours on me. I really loved it for the first 5 hours. However, the later jasmin & flowers + sandalwood combo makes me think of Dior Dune. Don't get me wrong, I like Dune. But I expected it being creamier like some reviewers comparing it to Cacharel Gloria. Plus the opening made me think that I was going to smell something I had never smelt before. It's still a sensual and rich perfume, there is no doubt. However, with the wrong expectation, whether to acquire a full bottle I'm undecided.

Edit: After several wears, it seems to stay creamy until it fades away and the slightly sharp sandalwood doesn't show up if apply sparingly, which made me a happy owner of a full bottle. I'd recommend it.
Personally, I think it's great
I have grown the evergreen pepper tree, 'Schinus molle', in my garden and have occasionally broken a glossy serrated leaf for the fragrance that releases. It is exactly this smell that I detect for a short time in Le Parfum in concert with the Bay, 'Laurus nobilis'
I enjoy this phase. The undertow, the heart of the perfume, is Shalimarish and is, in my opinion, the reason that Luca Turin despised Le Parfum. He dismissed Or des Indes in the same way, saying
"MPG does Shalimar, buy Shalimar" Well, he could have just chanted "Copy cat, dirty rat, we can't have the Hoi Polloi imitating the sister of Guerlain's 'Mitsouko' when I just declared it the most world's most beautiful perfume" Oh, whatever, it's just a bit of fun.
I purchased my 100 ml bottle for around $40 USD, postage paid; I am well pleased with Le Parfum, it's really very nice without being groundbreaking. For those whose Mother, Mother in law, may have staked their claim to Shalimar, this is one you can call your own. Peppered Shalimar? What else? Le Parfum-I thought it had a touch of Euphoria to it but perhaps that's because I know Dominique Ropion was involved with E and composed Le Parfum. The bottle is easy on the eye, it can sit alongside my bottle of Ivoire as a sort of Flamenco version. My cheap thrill, my tasselly Flamenco peppered Shalimar, now all I need is a fine glass of Syrah.
10.0 5.0 7.5 8.0/10
Getting some stick
Lalique Le Parfum is one of my happy acquisitions.
Funny that it should be housed in such a solid, square, and imposing bottle because this scent is all about softness and curves.
It is utterly charming and gentle.

The predominant notes, to my nose, are sweet almonds and liquorice.

Understand that I am not referring to the black sticky confectionary here, but to the root of the Glycyrrhiza glabra plant.
If you’ve ever had the opportunity to chew on a stick, you’ll know what I’m talking about.
It has a sweet earthiness to it, which is really quite striking.

This is a perfume I gladly go back to, and one I turn to when in need of chill time and cushy moments.
It wears relatively close to the skin and has good longevity.
7.5 7.5 7.5 6.0/10
Totally and Utterly Inoffensive
Some people hope to live long enough to witness the abolition of capital punishment and a moratorium finally placed on the highly objectionable practice of summary execution of suspects by Predator drone. Others hope fervently for the discontinuation of Lalique LE PARFUM.

Well no one can claim that "The Guide" has decreased global sales of perfume, at least if I'm any indication of its marketing effects. I purchased a 100ml bottle of Lalique LE PARFUM, scent unsniffed, on the strength solely of the invective heaped upon it in "The Guide." What, I thought to myself, could possibly inspire such an outpouring of vitriol? Honestly, I was very excited to find out how and why someone could actually detest a perfume as much as I detest Predator drones.

I have to say that, having now worn LE PARFUM a few times, I find myself disappointed and a tad bit confused. This perfume is so utterly inoffensive and eminently wearable in social gatherings: a light floriental with a touch of strangely minty pepper. This is not all that sweet, not very loud, not very anything at all. Now I am seriously wondering whether the anger directed at this composition might be displaced leftover emotions from AMARIGE, also created by Dominique Ropion.

I understand how someone who dislikes the overall composition of AMARIGE might develop a downright aversion to that perfume: it's true, the stuff is so strong that it is rivaled only by the nuclear garlic imported from China which I procure from my local purveyor of produce. That (pre-peeled) garlic is so frighteningly potent that its "parfum" actually penetrates not only the plastic container in which it is housed, but also three layers of extra plastic bags! Same story for AMARIGE. I myself happen to like AMARIGE, so it's actually good news to me (and countless others) that a tiny bottle—even a mini!—can suffice for one's entire perfumed life. But I at least can understand how someone who does not like AMARIGE to begin with might have developed a decidedly violent aversion to that über-powerful perfume.

Lalique LE PARFUM, however, displays none of the objectionable longevity and sillage of AMARIGE, and the notes seem perfectly harmonic, if unextraordinary, to me. I wouldn't say that this is a great perfume, but it's certainly wearable and has now joined the ranks of the many bottles which I can reach for mindlessly as I rush out the front door—without needing to assess the possibility of offending people in my environs when I wear it. (LT apparently no longer lives in Somerville...)

Carlitos01 32 days ago
Mixing Bay leaf, Heliotrope,Tonka bea & Vanilla notes shouldn't work but it does work. A feminine elegant floral fragrance. Recommended!+2
9.0

by Echtdufte
by Moni43
by Moni43

Popular Lalique

Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Perles de Lalique by Lalique Amethyst by Lalique Encre Noire pour Elle by Lalique Encre Noire Sport by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique L'Amour (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique L'Insoumis by Lalique Nilang (2011) (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Fleur de Cristal by Lalique