Lalique White 2008Eau de Toilette

Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique
Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Lalique for men and was released in 2008. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production.

Christine Nagel

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Tamarind, Lemon leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesCardamom, Nutmeg, Violet, White pepper
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.10.2020.

Rquill67
Citrus at it's best....oh Lalique...
Lalique White is a fresh summer and spring fragrance. What sets this apart from Guerlain L'Homme Ideal Cologne, or John Varvatos' Artisan is the use of Lemon Leaf, Elemi and Tamarind. Lalique White has the same vibe as the aforementioned fragrances, but takes a different path. There's more pepper, with citrus and is blended well making this seem creamy. It's a bit sour at first, then woody, sweet and fresh on the dry-down. The musk on the dry-down is also good and presents an underlying sweetness which balances the Tamarind. I would say this is unique and stands alone. This doesn't project all that much, but isn't a skin scent and lasts a good 6 - 8 hours. I really enjoy this one. Definitely 8 / 10 and great for the office, dinner, a summer wedding! Recommend picking up this juice.
Freshly ironed and per wool washed C&A shirt for 'n Zwanni
The price-performance ratio.

In my opinion, there is absolutely no consumer good that can be ignored, regardless of whether it covers a basic or a luxury need. Of course, one can recognize gradations, especially in the cosmetics or even perfume sector, which can be described as pure luxury. The purchase of most supermarket own brands can be perfectly justified with the PLV, at the latest since their continuously good results in the Stiftung Warentest and other consumer comparisons with the expensive advertising brands.

In the case of perfumes, this is much more difficult without directly questioning the purchase of a perfume itself ("Why not just a deodorant?"). Like a textile garment, perfumes are dependent on the wearer's status, expression, taste and therefore in value (unlike a pound of potatoes). Just because one perfume costs twice as much as another, it doesn't have to be twice as good for everyone. For some, a certain independent variation is enough to justify the price premium, for others, all the less.

What exactly does this have to do with white Lalique? Because I bought it more than any other perfume so far, mainly because of the price. I've had good experience with Encre Noir Sport and I can get 125ml for under 20€? Add it to your shopping cart. If it's half as good as L'Homme Ideal Cologne or The Dreamer, it's already affordable, I thought
Very clear and very clean it begins, the lemon leaf with a tendency to lemon balm dominates and remains. The association of fresh laundry hovers above everything without becoming obtrusive. The light notes of pepper and cedar wood also prevent the fragrance from becoming too sweet and from having a certain balance.

Shelf life, silage and the fragrance and its development in general are very tidy throughout. And this at an excellent price. I compare this result with a C&A shirt (with this association I'm probably not the first one here, as I just realised). Doesn't pull any trees when it comes to innovation and independence, but neither does it want to, because you know that your strengths lie elsewhere, namely in your proven track record. Anything but junk, but quality of upper middle class, at a SSV price. A safe choice for the day, the summer, the office. Bright and fresh, a classic "sure thing" for me.

The fact that the brand Lalique enjoys great popularity is not surprising to me when such a decent quality is offered at such prices, which is why I don't have to take up the cudgels for the brand here anymore.
A white basic T-shirt
Everyone has it, everyone needs it, if you don't have it, you have to get it. What do I mean? Right, the good old white basic shirt. Available from H&M and Co in an exciting 3-pack. We often forget how those basics accompany us in our everyday life and are often more important than our beloved high-gloss clothes. I like to wear only a white shirt, which is somehow liberating, simple and light.

Also a basic is for me the Laique White. It doesn't cost much, smells solid, is not overly exciting and lasts adequately long. Just as long as a normal white shirt stays in the household. But the Lalique is also a minimalist in terms of its aura. We smell pepper (fortunately only light and soft), the lemon is added to it in a sniffable way and cedar and musk are a bit harsh. A fragrance that smells as pure and bright as a white T-shirt. At least as long as you don't wash it with dark colours. It has a, I think, slightly milky freshness. Just like a peppery lemon milkshake. Its straightforwardness is not at all cheap or too simple, it is pleasing and gives the impression to be valuable. For me it is impossible to imagine the summer without it. Also at home it is one of my favourite scents of the day. Especially after work and showering it is ingenious. It never annoys, does not sting, does not look clumsy, has no synthetics and is therefore ideal for home or the office.

In my opinion, he should have a little more stamina for an even 10. He lasts for 5-6 hours and has only a minimal charisma in the beginning. But it is different, if he gets really hot under the A
, then he can radiate well. But with the price simply fill up something and carry it in a pocket sprayer. I also like to store it in the fridge in summer, then it still has a nice cooling effect.

So you see, the Lalique has a lot in common with a Basic T-Shirt: it smells bright, like the white of the shirt, it doesn't cost much, it is a Basic in every good collection and once it is empty, you know that you need a new one to get through the summer.

What are your basics?
Amouage reflecion man
As my title suggests, I see (*smell) a strong similarity of character between these two fragrances. Yes, now the sniffer dogs are coming and will tear this comment to shreds, but I, who has a sample of both and unfortunately doesn't like either, don't like this "aggressive" lemon, or this way of lemon unfolding, which in my opinion is 80% identical in both. Who has no problem with it finds here a relatively durable, well "sillagig" and cheap perfume

Unique freshness
I do have one favorite Lalique scent and it's not Encre Noire... Absolutely unique perfume with 3 dominant notes. Lemon leaf provides freshness, tamarind is for subtle and pleasant fruitiness and white pepper as the last touch to make it totally unique. It's best in summer and very versatile: office or casual year-round, no problem. Bottle looks great as is the norm with Lalique. Highly recommended even as a blind-buy as it is very cheap.
Basti87
For this price in any case
Lalique is a brand that is offered in many shops at blatantly different prices. Even in many cheap shops, the fragrances sometimes cost over 60 euros. Some fortunately for about 20-25 Euro. That's when I got it, too. 125ml for this fair price: Can I recommend everyone to at least test this, because you get a great smell for everyday life.
Today I just received this fragrance. I tested it already a few weeks ago with a small filling. This Lalique White is well known on online platforms and is often presented at scents for little money. But I'm more attentive to this fragrance because I think the indicated Galloway twin fragrance from Parfums de Marly is very good. Since I didn't want to spend much more than 100 Euro on it, I looked around for alternatives. I found what I was looking for in this one and I accepted the test.

The bottle is powerful on the 125ml version. Large, heavy with silver lid. The colour or the name applies to this fragrance. It is bright, clean and simply very well maintained. I often like to wear such typical white fragrances in everyday life. You transfer a maintained appearance. Also the twin Galloway is white, which by the way came out 5 years after this Lalique White.
The fragrance comes very close to the Galloway. They go in a very similar direction, Galloway has gentler nuances in the heart. This White is a very nice citric-fresh scent with lots of pepper and other spices. At the start you get lemon and bergamot and a pleasant pepper note. I am not the biggest pepper fan, but here this note harmonizes so well with the citric freshness. In addition, there are pleasantly soft, spicy notes that round off this peppery freshness well. In the dry-down comes then like in the Galloway a clenched load of musk. Convincing and absolutely fitting. A soft woody freshness is also present at the end, which lets this fragrance gently fade away. From beginning to end no disturbing factors and this fragrance accompanies the wearer well through the day. You won't get a great scent with this scent, although this peppery mixture is not so often to be smelled in public.
Most suitable for everyday and leisure use, especially in spring and autumn, but by and large a year-round fragrance. The Sillage is medium and the durability is also in the medium range. For the price one can tolerate anyway without problems a few splashes more. Since some ladies also possess the scent: It is suitable for unisex, even if it has a rather masculine pepper spice. For fans of such fragrance types in any case an enrichment.

For this price I can unconditionally recommend this one. He almost always leaves and is a great all-rounder for little money
White noise
Already during application it is not too strong, the Sillage very reserved. But there is an interesting mixture of really bright, white notes and a touch of tangy and sharpness, freshly washed white T-shirts made of very fine cotton, the bergamot, violet, fresh, still unpeeled lemons, the wax on the peel as well.
After 30 minutes, the cardamom is added, the white pepper is noticeable, but extremely discreet, in a whole fresh load of laundry full. 10 grains, would have quiet a little more could be. Freshly mown front garden, a small pine & cedar stand next to each other, a hint of menthol is included. It becomes very discreet after 40-50 minutes, after 2h you have to search to find something besides fresh laundry, which (and there is a discreet problem) could be simply due to your fresh clothes.
For me this is unfortunately not really interesting, especially in summer with sweat, because I would not spray every 2h.

By far not a bad fragrance, but would wear it rather in spring and autumn, in the office or leisure time if you know you are moving/sweating not too much today, then it is a very pleasant, fresh all-rounder. For the amber in the base I would have to use a magnifying glass, musk is clearly more dominant here in hour 3-4. In addition sweet, but also very fresh cedar shavings and further the violets, fresh laundry with lemon room smell far in the background. After 4-5 hours the terrain is completely over.
Unfortunately....
...I had to say goodbye to the scent. It's no big deal. I turned it on my husband. :-)
I was kind of hoping for the male equivalent of "Perles de Lalique", simply because of the pepper. The white pepper is already quite blatant and some caution is required. After a few minutes he disappears and then nothing happens. After about 10 minutes I notice a very pleasantly light and woody sweetness which resembles a little bit the sweetness in "Perles". I always like to spray something on my clothes, as I did yesterday. There the pepper is quite persistent, the sweetness I find rather on the skin. After about 4 hours she was almost gone, the sweetness..... and I had to press my nose on my skin to even notice it. Very, very sad, because this gentle note is exactly my taste.
For me, the shelf life and even more the sillage have failed, I would have had to reload several times a day, but I don't want to smell as if I had shortened my stew, who wants that? Was once again a blind purchase, this time unfortunately nothing for me. But he stays in the family, maybe my husband should add a little more Maggi. :-))
the antithesis
After I tested "Encre Noire", one of the interesting men's fragrances of Lalique, extensively and also commented here, I was naturally also curious about the counterpart "White".
Fortunately, a lovable perfumista left me a rest that was really enough to gain an impression.
Thank you very much, my dear!

The deep, metallic blackness of "Endre Noire" is contrasted here by a bright, almost shimmering white.
A very tangy, very lively opening is caused by tamarind and lemon leaf; the acid I feared at first is cleverly neutralized by the addition of bergamot Without this bergamot I would probably have to sneeze immediately; my trunk is so sensitive.
Cardamom and the sensual spice of nutmeg (often used as an aphrodisiac; but to be enjoyed with caution - there is danger of poisoning!) prepare the ground for a generous dose of white pepper.
Sensitive noses better stay a little away in this phase of the scent progression; it could be pretty bizzeln!
How the spice of the cedar fits into this composition, I asked myself while reading the fragrance pyramid.
But I have thought in vain: the perfumers already know what they are doing here!
This cedar nuance is set on a wide bed of amber and musk!
The result is a fresh fragrance that smells not only citric, but simply successful all around.
Even with me on blonde skin "White" has scored anyway.
This makes me curious about how this fragrance develops in a masculine counterpart.

The shelf life is just about average, just because of the white pepper, which is a little volatile in my case.
But as here too a decrease of the scent intensity instead of a negative change of the scent (unfortunately not rare) can be noticed, I am not too disappointed.
The flacon belongs to the kind of "flacon art" that I like to touch; that's why after-spraying here is more of a pleasure than an unpleasant minor matter!

As you know, I do not make equal comparisons.
Here I would really have a big problem: both "Encre Noire", and "White" I liked very much.
I would almost like to claim that the choice between both scents should be done by the daily form.

Both Lalique men's fragrances once again encouraged me that cross-border experiences are among the more interesting: you never know what is hidden beyond this border between female/male and unisex It is always worth it to get away from the "right way"!
Let's just dare!

Fresh spine shivering bomb
Soapy pepper, sour tamarind, neutral soil-like violet, and standard modern musk. This is what you get after the radiant steampunky sporty opening of White settles. This perfume has a special way of spices and citruses. It's frosty, minimalist, straight, exceptional and unfortunately underestimated.
White has strong resemblance to Clive Christian V for men that everyone hesitate to indicate for the sake of luxury! But honestly this perfume doesn't lack any from that so-called niche creation.
8/10

RisendyRisendy 3 days ago
Clinical, fresh, very unique smell. Poor performance.
GreMuserGreMuser 6 days ago
Perfect after-shower or gym scent. It's fresh and doesn't last long, wich could be good for these two use, considering also the low price.
TsoTso 33 days ago
I totally get the 'pencil shaving' comments. The woods here really give me that vibe. Nice, fresh summer scent, suitable for any situation.
TorkeTorke 41 days ago
Great lemon leaf fragrance. Fresh, green and great for hot weather.
Unfortunatly, has one of the worst performances I have ever seen
Carlitos01Carlitos01 8 months ago
What a classy manly hot weather fragrance. It has a fruity hint, a green fresh touch and it's mildly spicy and woody. Pity the poor sillage.
H27H27 3 years ago
very nice scent ... a "chill out" fragrance...non-generic... very good... but weak sillage on my skin unfortunately... you have to test it!

by Glosoli
by Fencingline
by AsgardHD
by AsgardHD

Popular Lalique

Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique Encre Noire Sport by Lalique Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Perles de Lalique by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Noir Premier - Fleur Universelle 1900 by Lalique Amethyst by Lalique Noir Premier - Illusion Captive 1898 by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire pour Elle by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Terres Aromatiques 1905 by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique