Lalique White (2008) Eau de Toilette

Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique

Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Lalique for men and was released in 2008. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production.

Christine Nagel

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Tamarind, Lemon leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesCardamom, Nutmeg, Violet, White pepper
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 11.08.2019

7.0 4.0 5.0 7.0/10

White noise
Already during application it is not too strong, the Sillage very reserved. But there is an interesting mixture of really bright, white notes and a touch of tangy and sharpness, freshly washed white T-shirts made of very fine cotton, the bergamot, violet, fresh, still unpeeled lemons, the wax on the peel as well.
After 30 minutes, the cardamom is added, the white pepper is noticeable, but extremely discreet, in a whole fresh load of laundry full. 10 grains, would have quiet a little more could be. Freshly mown front garden, a small pine & cedar stand next to each other, a hint of menthol is included. It becomes very discreet after 40-50 minutes, after 2h you have to search to find something besides fresh laundry, which (and there is a discreet problem) could be simply due to your fresh clothes.
For me this is unfortunately not really interesting, especially in summer with sweat, because I would not spray every 2h.

By far not a bad fragrance, but would wear it rather in spring and autumn, in the office or leisure time if you know you are moving/sweating not too much today, then it is a very pleasant, fresh all-rounder. For the amber in the base I would have to use a magnifying glass, musk is clearly more dominant here in hour 3-4. In addition sweet, but also very fresh cedar shavings and further the violets, fresh laundry with lemon room smell far in the background. After 4-5 hours the terrain is completely over.
8.0 6.0 5.0 7.5/10

Unfortunately....
...I had to say goodbye to the scent. It's no big deal. I turned it on my husband. :-)
I was kind of hoping for the male equivalent of "Perles de Lalique", simply because of the pepper. The white pepper is already quite blatant and some caution is required. After a few minutes he disappears and then nothing happens. After about 10 minutes I notice a very pleasantly light and woody sweetness which resembles a little bit the sweetness in "Perles". I always like to spray something on my clothes, as I did yesterday. There the pepper is quite persistent, the sweetness I find rather on the skin. After about 4 hours she was almost gone, the sweetness..... and I had to press my nose on my skin to even notice it. Very, very sad, because this gentle note is exactly my taste.
For me, the shelf life and even more the sillage have failed, I would have had to reload several times a day, but I don't want to smell as if I had shortened my stew, who wants that? Was once again a blind purchase, this time unfortunately nothing for me. But he stays in the family, maybe my husband should add a little more Maggi. :-))
6.0 6.0 8.0 8.0/10

The white giant
I feel freshly washed.
I hang outside on a leash in the sun to dry.
The white giant meets Ariel for a chat.

These are my thoughts while wearing Lalique White.
The special thing about the story is the fact that I hardly noticed the scent the first time I applied it, only very slightly, which was probably due to the fact that I only sprayed twice, I wore another perfume the whole day and sniffed other scents beforehand. Don't do that with this scent!

This morning, with a free and unloaded nose I took 5 sprayers, maybe there were 6 and at first I noticed a nice citric note, not stabbing, but just fresh and nice for the start of the next office day.
A slight tingling sensation in my nose was next caused by the pepper, which I don't find too strong. I thought it was very fitting. A waxer.
Then nothing happened at first. I got into the car and drove to work and was a little sad that nothing was happening.

White Giant?

At some point, when I was sitting at my desk, I noticed the associations I had mentioned at the top. Suddenly and just like that, he was there. This scent of fresh laundry. But without fabric softener!
I suppose the violet, cedar and musk are responsible for it, rounded off by the amber, anyway and I can say that the whole thing is permanently present for hours
A really wonderful fresh, slightly citric summer scent, which doesn't impose itself on you, envelops you like a soap bubble, which goes well with fresh laundry again.

White Giant!

This much quoted pencil which you can smell, which is actually there, there are light bonds of to recognize.
I personally don't think the pepper is too strong, it's much more powerful in the Chanel Allure Edition Blanche at the beginning.
You have to spray a lot, but with a 125ml bottle this is quite acceptable.
The bottle is quite chic, solid and as if made of porcelain. Is he? I don't know.
Only the lid is too loose, which gives easy triggers.

Absolutely good office fragrance, suitable for everyday use and in really warm weather a very good alternative.

Shelf life is very good, the Sillage a little weaker, but this is normal with fresher fragrances.
Another direct hit for my summer collection. My white giant :)
8.0 6.0 6.0 7.5/10

the antithesis
After I tested "Encre Noire", one of the interesting men's fragrances of Lalique, extensively and also commented here, I was naturally also curious about the counterpart "White".
Fortunately, a lovable perfumista left me a rest that was really enough to gain an impression.
Thank you very much, my dear!

The deep, metallic blackness of "Endre Noire" is contrasted here by a bright, almost shimmering white.
A very tangy, very lively opening is caused by tamarind and lemon leaf; the acid I feared at first is cleverly neutralized by the addition of bergamot Without this bergamot I would probably have to sneeze immediately; my trunk is so sensitive.
Cardamom and the sensual spice of nutmeg (often used as an aphrodisiac; but to be enjoyed with caution - there is danger of poisoning!) prepare the ground for a generous dose of white pepper.
Sensitive noses better stay a little away in this phase of the scent progression; it could be pretty bizzeln!
How the spice of the cedar fits into this composition, I asked myself while reading the fragrance pyramid.
But I have thought in vain: the perfumers already know what they are doing here!
This cedar nuance is set on a wide bed of amber and musk!
The result is a fresh fragrance that smells not only citric, but simply successful all around.
Even with me on blonde skin "White" has scored anyway.
This makes me curious about how this fragrance develops in a masculine counterpart.

The shelf life is just about average, just because of the white pepper, which is a little volatile in my case.
But as here too a decrease of the scent intensity instead of a negative change of the scent (unfortunately not rare) can be noticed, I am not too disappointed.
The flacon belongs to the kind of "flacon art" that I like to touch; that's why after-spraying here is more of a pleasure than an unpleasant minor matter!

As you know, I do not make equal comparisons.
Here I would really have a big problem: both "Encre Noire", and "White" I liked very much.
I would almost like to claim that the choice between both scents should be done by the daily form.

Both Lalique men's fragrances once again encouraged me that cross-border experiences are among the more interesting: you never know what is hidden beyond this border between female/male and unisex It is always worth it to get away from the "right way"!
Let's just dare!
10.0 5.0 9.0/10

Fresh spine shivering bomb
Soapy pepper, sour tamarind, neutral soil-like violet, and standard modern musk. This is what you get after the radiant steampunky sporty opening of White settles. This perfume has a special way of spices and citruses. It's frosty, minimalist, straight, exceptional and unfortunately underestimated.
White has strong resemblance to Clive Christian V for men that everyone hesitate to indicate for the sake of luxury! But honestly this perfume doesn't lack any from that so-called niche creation.
8/10
9.0/10

First class travel
First time I smelled this, I imagined travelling first class and wearing this, somewhat very elegant, sets apart from other people are wearing. I feel very comfortable, relaxed and distinctive.
10.0 5.0 10.0 9.0/10

White Heat...
A naturalistic cloud of stem intact lemon leaf, and zingy tamarind fruit... Opens up to a generous seasoning of white pepper...And enveloped in a gauzy, clean-linen musk. The opening breath of Lalique White is soulful and eloquent in it's botanical realism. And sober, yet optimistic, in it's sun warmed clothesline cleanliness. The progression of accords are slow and subtle throughout. The "mid" sets the stage for a trio of nutmeg, violet, and cardamom. Which, as the fresh linen occassionally peels away, will meld -to create a fantastic and (elusive) dry, nutty, curry spice that tingles my palate. While only traces of lemon leaf will remain... consistent with an amber and (dry) cedar “base”... awaiting, dusk. A barely-there (but noteworthy) oakmoss, manages to lend both “occasion”, and much needed “masculinity” to this sunny, but softly diffused entry from Lalique.

True, the gentleness of this fragrance may come across too unisex for those with bold masculine tastes. But even then, Lalique White remains an elegant expression of Masculinity for the right occasions. It is simply, beautiful.

Christine Nagel's vision of “White” -Is the hazy glow of reflected heat, from a billowing white Egyptian tunic. Brushing past local flora... beneath a North African sun.

This is an outstanding fragrance (in the "Designer" Class) on the whole. My first ever encounter with this talented perfumer...

It certainly won't be my last.

Longevity:910(in base)
Projection (Spring temp):7/10(in mid)
Art/Creatives:10/10(bottle,concept,and scent)
How: Spring/summer,daytime elegance,best in
open air,mature,unisex,perfect for a groom in
white on his wedding day.
5.0 2.5 2.5 5.0/10

Fragile
Thats a surprisingly great fragrance with a unexpected citric vibe.

A bit spicy and refreshing at the same time, it's actually way different from many other scents.

The main players here are lemon leaves with a tamarind note that's probably make this scent different.

I get some woods at drydown.

My only complaint is low sillage and weak lasting power.

Updated August 3013

H27 22 months ago
very nice scent ... a "chill out" fragrance...non-generic... very good... but weak sillage on my skin unfortunately... you have to test it!+2
5.0

by Fencingline
by AsgardHD
by AsgardHD

Popular Lalique

Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Perles de Lalique by Lalique Amethyst by Lalique Encre Noire Sport by Lalique Encre Noire pour Elle by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique L'Amour (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique L'Insoumis by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Nilang (2011) (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique